Author Topic: Season Ticket Waiting List  (Read 584989 times)

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
Re: Season Ticket Waiting List
« Reply #4200 on: August 3, 2023, 03:32:48 pm »
Am i wrong in thinking the absolute minimum we all should move down is approx 1100. The 1000 new ST plus the usual 100ish returned each year?

Will every one of the top 1000 in the list have said yes and taken up the option? Or will that not matter in clubs mind and that ticket will then go to GA if not taken my the STWL person?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4201 on: August 3, 2023, 04:09:42 pm »
Do they not just work their way down the STWL until they reach their quota if ones above on the list say no?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4202 on: August 5, 2023, 10:30:37 am »
Do they not just work their way down the STWL until they reach their quota if ones above on the list say no?

I believe this is what happens going on what people have said in the past - 1000 new ones will be created so the 1100ish figure above in theory is about what we should all see. It really wouldn't shock me to see us all go down 1000 exactly though. I think the club (or the owners) clearly don't like having STs at all and anything they can do to make a seat GA instead of ST, they will do. I suppose at least in the last year they have been more transparent about ST returns and released figures, but we still don't know how many favours are done behind closed doors, whether it's a case of who you know in the Ticket Office or what, but even recently on here there's been a story of a name change in a ST which shouldn't be happening now.

It also wouldn't shock me one bit to either see the waiting list abolished altogether at some point in the future or for the club to say that they won't be issuing new ones when old ones are returned. They won't have any legal obligations to those of us on the list, and there will come a point where they can start to make the (reasonably fair) argument that someone who put their name on a list 30 years ago has an unfair advantage on younger supporters who weren't able to. I should be around 2500 when this update is done, so probably 20/25 years more to wait. I'll be 64 in 25 years, I went on the list when I was 19. Is it fair for me to get one then ahead of younger people who have never had the chance to put themselves on the list? I obviously wouldn't be turning it down and you never know what happens, we could be relegated and things change, but it doesn't seem like a sustainable system for the future.

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4203 on: August 5, 2023, 02:57:06 pm »
I believe this is what happens going on what people have said in the past - 1000 new ones will be created so the 1100ish figure above in theory is about what we should all see. It really wouldn't shock me to see us all go down 1000 exactly though. I think the club (or the owners) clearly don't like having STs at all and anything they can do to make a seat GA instead of ST, they will do. I suppose at least in the last year they have been more transparent about ST returns and released figures, but we still don't know how many favours are done behind closed doors, whether it's a case of who you know in the Ticket Office or what, but even recently on here there's been a story of a name change in a ST which shouldn't be happening now.

It also wouldn't shock me one bit to either see the waiting list abolished altogether at some point in the future or for the club to say that they won't be issuing new ones when old ones are returned. They won't have any legal obligations to those of us on the list, and there will come a point where they can start to make the (reasonably fair) argument that someone who put their name on a list 30 years ago has an unfair advantage on younger supporters who weren't able to. I should be around 2500 when this update is done, so probably 20/25 years more to wait. I'll be 64 in 25 years, I went on the list when I was 19. Is it fair for me to get one then ahead of younger people who have never had the chance to put themselves on the list? I obviously wouldn't be turning it down and you never know what happens, we could be relegated and things change, but it doesn't seem like a sustainable system for the future.
based on your post you went on the list age 19 in approximately 2003. At that time and until the list closed 2011, I would say the average age of people putting themselves down on the list was much higher than 19 probably more like people on their 40's. Those people are now in their 60's and will probably be in their 80's or dead by the time they get an offer. Therefore I reckon you will get one in the next 5 years and definitely within 10.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4204 on: August 7, 2023, 11:35:02 pm »
based on your post you went on the list age 19 in approximately 2003. At that time and until the list closed 2011, I would say the average age of people putting themselves down on the list was much higher than 19 probably more like people on their 40's. Those people are now in their 60's and will probably be in their 80's or dead by the time they get an offer. Therefore I reckon you will get one in the next 5 years and definitely within 10.

Yep - September 2003 I joined it. You may be right, we'll see what happens with update numbers over the next few years I guess.

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4205 on: August 8, 2023, 01:27:20 am »
Why haven't they updated the list ? It takes them so long to do anything :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Offline strike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4206 on: August 8, 2023, 11:27:10 am »
Why haven't they updated the list ? It takes them so long to do anything :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Not showing my position at the moment when I login (it was yesterday) so maybe the update is imminent.

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #4207 on: August 9, 2023, 02:22:49 pm »
They are going down through the season ticket waiting list and offering season tickets to members that have had 19 games on their cards for more than 10 years ! So taking a bit longer than usual  ;)
If only that was true  :butt  :no !!!!!
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4208 on: August 13, 2023, 04:09:50 pm »
Am I thick as fuck or are there two separate log ins?

When I log in via my supporter ID, I can access everything. When I attempt to login via my email it says i have no account and I can’t find a login that accepts the Supporter ID.

Odd.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4209 on: August 13, 2023, 04:25:10 pm »

When I log in via my supporter ID, I can access everything. When I attempt to login via my email it says i have no account and I can’t find a login that accepts the Supporter ID.

Odd.

Nope. That’s been the case for a while now, it always frustrates me because I slay forget at least once one log in password!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4210 on: August 13, 2023, 08:37:03 pm »
Nope. That’s been the case for a while now, it always frustrates me because I slay forget at least once one log in password!
It would help if using the forgotten password link actually worked.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Scorpioxx

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4211 on: August 14, 2023, 02:12:50 pm »

Odd.

You always log in with your supporter I’d , if using an email address to log in , you are in the wrong place

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #4212 on: August 14, 2023, 11:48:36 pm »
Logged into my account and there now is no waiting list position anywhere to be seen. Anyone else have this?

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4213 on: August 14, 2023, 11:58:03 pm »
Logged into my account and there now is no waiting list position anywhere to be seen. Anyone else have this?
same as you..

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4214 on: August 15, 2023, 09:29:13 am »
same as you..
I remember this happening with two of our five family accounts. I can’t remember why the positions didn’t show but Live Chat were able to get them added again to your profile.
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline Scorpioxx

• Main Stander
« Reply #4215 on: August 15, 2023, 09:51:03 pm »

I suspect they do this when they are in the process of updating the STWL, factoring in the 1,000 or so who have just got ST’s

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4216 on: August 15, 2023, 11:07:57 pm »
I did speak to live chat today. They said it would be a few weeks yet until positions update.
Not sure why it would take so long.....

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #4217 on: August 16, 2023, 09:42:36 am »
Thanks everyone

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #4218 on: August 17, 2023, 10:16:13 am »
My season ticket waiting list number has updated... anyone else's ?
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline HystrixCristata

• Main Stander
« Reply #4219 on: August 17, 2023, 10:38:30 am »
Yeah, went from 7,735 to 6,543. Dropped 1,192 places.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4220 on: August 17, 2023, 10:53:14 am »
Yeah been updated, that was quick.

Offline strike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4221 on: August 17, 2023, 11:00:02 am »
Been at 3137 since July 2022. Now down 1136 places to 2001.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4222 on: August 17, 2023, 12:04:23 pm »
just checked mine 19,545 to 17,940 so moved 1605 places.

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4223 on: August 17, 2023, 12:08:07 pm »
Been at 3137 since July 2022. Now down 1136 places to 2001.

Same down 1136 to 2092. It'll be the year 2092 before i get near a ST.

Absolute shit show from the club to only release 1k odd tickets off the wait list when 7k were built.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4224 on: August 17, 2023, 12:10:20 pm »
Same down 1136 to 2092. It'll be the year 2092 before i get near a ST.

Absolute shit show from the club to only release 1k odd tickets off the wait list when 7k were built.

Count yourself lucky mate, some of us will need to do a Walt Disney and leave a note with the club to be defrosted.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: August 17, 2023, 12:15:49 pm »
Is this update showing on people's ticket account as mine's disappeared? Or are people using the look up tool?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4226 on: August 17, 2023, 12:24:48 pm »
Is this update showing on people's ticket account as mine's disappeared? Or are people using the look up tool?

Showing in my account.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4227 on: August 17, 2023, 12:25:30 pm »
Showing in my account.

Ta, maybe they're still in the middle of updating, I'll keep an eye on it.

Offline HystrixCristata

• Main Stander
« Reply #4228 on: August 17, 2023, 12:30:45 pm »
I don't get why the number people move each year is different from person to person.

Are people really contacting Liverpool and asking to be removed from the list?

Offline HystrixCristata

• Main Stander
« Reply #4229 on: August 17, 2023, 12:36:00 pm »
Mine has disappeared again. Maybe they need to spin the random number generator a few more times.

Offline Divock

• Main Stander
« Reply #4230 on: August 17, 2023, 12:45:09 pm »
Moved down 1,149 places to 3,300-odd. Looking at another 22+ years if the turnover stays around 150 per season.

It would be interesting to know what the average age is of those on the STWL... the STWL should in theory start moving at a quicker rate during the next 10-15 years as a chunk of people on the list (and existing STH's) get older but we can't be sure it will play out that way.

Even if people on the STWL have moved away / no longer want to go etc. I'm sure lots would still take up the ST when offered and just forward every game to friends and family that are more keen. Can't really blame them either.   

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4231 on: August 17, 2023, 12:58:21 pm »
I moved a total of 1112 places.

Down to 460 now. 3-5 more years? who knows.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4232 on: August 17, 2023, 01:59:30 pm »
Mad how people have dropped different amounts.

I was 1608. Now 495. Dropped 1113.

Offline BigRed07

• Main Stander
« Reply #4233 on: August 17, 2023, 02:50:31 pm »
Dropped 1395 places and brother dropped 1343 places. Doubt I’ll get a season ticket before I die  >:(

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #4234 on: August 17, 2023, 03:12:01 pm »
Moved from 9,001 to 7,787

I think they ballsed up my place from the list from speaking to people on here and when they joined. Such is life.

I'm still annoyed I didn't push my dad in the late 90s to get me one
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4235 on: August 17, 2023, 04:00:01 pm »
Mine's showing up now, dropped 1,503 places.

Offline adamc_5*

• Kopite
« Reply #4236 on: August 17, 2023, 04:46:10 pm »
Moved 1,565 places. Hope to have one in time for retirement.
To the 96 that passed away at Hillsborough on that fatefull day. Now looking down with smiles so proud, you sing with us as we sing aloud. You held us, guide us, get us through, I know Istanbul was down to you. And though the future is unknown, one things for sure... You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4237 on: August 17, 2023, 07:33:25 pm »
Moving day. A drop of 1137 places for me, to 2459. The wait goes on.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4238 on: August 17, 2023, 09:56:25 pm »
Weirdly my new position is showing on my account on a desktop but not on my phone.

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #4239 on: August 17, 2023, 10:54:22 pm »
Moved 1125. Down to c.1300

Just ten years left to wait...