Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Media and Arts / Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Last post by damomad on Today at 11:06:07 am »
Good man Tony, although I don't know why he's smiling about it  ;D

Had a look at Clash at the Castle prices. Would be cheaper to fly to the US and also get tickets for a show.
To me this all feels like a bit of a living nightmare, season collapsed, Jurgen leaving becoming a reality

Who the fuck is Arne Slot
I like him - he's a big, strong lad and just needs a few things to fall his way.

He's still very, very young - 24 - for those that remember Ian Rush, he was absolute utter fucking dogshite for us for years and then clicked.

I hope that's the case here too.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Today at 11:05:03 am »
Think we sell Tsimikas this summer and get in better competition for Robertson. Ideally it’s someone in the 21-24 age range who can challenge Robertson next season but hopefully transition into 1st choice in following seasons.

Given Robertson is still a good left back I don’t see  this summer as the time to replace him. However, his age and contract (2026) means we need to potentially start planning for the long term. I think that might happen this summer by replacing Tsimikas rather than Robertson though.
Robertson is a player that we should be looking to phase out. He's still a starter but someone younger can come in with a view to replacing him eventually.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by MH41 on Today at 11:04:59 am »
I want Arsenal to beat Spurs at the weekend. That result is far more useful for us.

Should we not be looking for Arsenal to drop points?
Finishing 2nd behind City might give us another Title?
I would love someone from our club to come out with that!  ;D
The same Porto that outplayed Arsenal? They’re not really comparable to Ajax.

They are way off it in the Portuguese league though. A distant third as it stands.
I've had mates commit suicide too, so I get your point. However a lot aren't venting, there's one in the Nunez thread who never posts then comes on to call him a polished Andy Carroll and another saying "I said he was shite in December, aren't I fucking clever".

I sometimes write a post then just delete before posting, that can get the venom out of you.

See what you're saying, but if it's an established poster having a bit of a rant then I think that's fair enough if their usual content is measured.

I think we should all be allowed to go off on one now and then and get it out of your system.
I was the first on here to say he wouldn't make it as a Liverpool striker probably over a year ago but I still think now with a real goal scorer along side him next season he could do a job in the team.
He can still be coached to put the ball away from the goal keeper and not blast it and hope for the best.
Once it clicks the floodgates will open, it just needs drumming into him time and time again..
At that stage of the game United had brought slabhead on and he was winning everything in the air. We couldn't keep hold of the ball. We were going long from Kelleher and the defenders and it was coming straight back. So I think it is harsh to blame Nunez for dropping deep and trying to pass the ball to a red shirt.

Maybe we should look at the inability of Endo and Macca to get on the ball. Never mind the fact that Nunez sprinted past both of them when he lost the ball.
But he had an easy pass under little pressure to Robertson as Virg and Mac indicated.
Media and Arts / Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Last post by jediwarrior on Today at 11:01:20 am »
I can't quite see it. Unless they did night 1 in the UK and night 2 somewhere else.

Or even tried the failed WM2 multiple venue thing.

Just think the weather and time difference would be a factor. But maybe with the PPV model dead they aren't as bothered?

There is talk of Wrestlemania maybe moving to May, which will certainly help with the weather.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10