Author Topic: Fulham vs Liverpool FC, League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg, 20:00 Wed 24th Jan 2024  (Read 12778 times)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
^ yes   ;D

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t think Robbo is ready yet. Do we give Gomez a night off and start with Bradley and Beck?
Justice for the 96!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
I don’t think Robbo is ready yet. Do we give Gomez a night off and start with Bradley and Beck?
Not for me. We start with our strongest possible outfield line up (which means Joe at LB right now), it’s a semi final 2nd leg away from home with a one goal advantage. Try to get the job done then think about resting players if possible.

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Not for me. We start with our strongest possible outfield line up (which means Joe at LB right now), it’s a semi final 2nd leg away from home with a one goal advantage. Try to get the job done then think about resting players if possible.

Robbo in the squad for tomorrow so the strongest line up would be him at LB and Gomez at RB, if not I would agree.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Thanks Zlen.

It's difficult to decide whether we should go full strength and risk injuries or go with a "decent" team and reduce the risk. We're in a semi-final and I think we have to take the risk; there's no point saying "oh well we tried but at least we didn't pick up any injuries". Fulham will be trying hard as they are just 1 goal behind and at home. If we aren't on top of our game then Fulham are well capable of going through.

The club exists for trophies and we have to go for it.
#JFT97

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
I'd try and take advantage of the fact that Fulham will likely suffer from the same lack of rhythm we did in the first half of the Bournemouth game.

Stick with the same front three that ended the Bournemouth - Gakpo wide, Nunez central - and try and kill this tie early.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Gravenberch needs the minutes and has been decent coming off the bench recently, rest Curtis, he came off as a precaution so must have felt something, don't risk him
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
They can afford to take their time bringing Robbo back, that's the good part of it.
and we can give Joe some much-needed breaks.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Beck is suspended
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
What for?

Assume he is referring to the one match ban picked up in Scotland that meant he was out for the Arsenal game, that's been served now so he's available so far as I'm aware.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpools-injury-list-suspensions-and-availability

Nothing here about any suspensions.

He was available for the first leg, then obviously played the other night v Bournemouth.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks Zlen.

It's difficult to decide whether we should go full strength and risk injuries or go with a "decent" team and reduce the risk. We're in a semi-final and I think we have to take the risk; there's no point saying "oh well we tried but at least we didn't pick up any injuries". Fulham will be trying hard as they are just 1 goal behind and at home. If we aren't on top of our game then Fulham are well capable of going through.

The club exists for trophies and we have to go for it.

Yup. We haven't come this far to go understrength. Given our injury list we can't really go much weaker without putting the whole tie at risk, and Fulham aren't going to let us waltz into the final without a fight.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Robbo in the squad for tomorrow so the strongest line up would be him at LB and Gomez at RB, if not I would agree.
I’m looking at it from the point of view that Gomez is 100% match fit and could arguably keep the place even when Robertson’s back up to speed he’s played that well

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
apart from the need to get a result - in a semifinal - there's no way in hell Klopp will drop a few kids in to start and let them carry the weight of such an important game.  not in a million years.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
Kelleher comes in for Alisson. And then it's just a question of if we bring in Quansah and Gakpo. Robertson on the bench. No other changes. Sure we'll see plenty of youngsters for Norwich on Sunday but not tomorrow.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
Big calls over Jones and Konate. Ideally they start and are rested v Norwich

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kelleher
Bradley Quansah van Dijk Gomez
Jones Mac Allister Gravenberch
Diaz Gakpo Nunez

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
I think Robbo can start to give Gomez a rest. Gomez is another player we don't want to overplay given his history. Robbo's injury is shoulder so it's not something you can get a setback from running and kicking a ball.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
Kelleher comes in for Alisson. And then it's just a question of if we bring in Quansah and Gakpo. Robertson on the bench. No other changes. Sure we'll see plenty of youngsters for Norwich on Sunday but not tomorrow.

I’d play Quansah and Virgil, Quansah and Konate on Sunday and then with Robbo back for Chelsea I’d move Gomez back alongside Virgil to combat Chelsea’s pace on the break.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
I think Robbo can start to give Gomez a rest. Gomez is another player we don't want to overplay given his history. Robbo's injury is shoulder so it's not something you can get a setback from running and kicking a ball.
true.  I'm sure the oppo players will refrain from tackling him, or shoving him and so on.  that will help.  plus there's no chance he could get tripped as well, or land awkwardly on his shoulder when contesting a header.
all good.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t think Robbo is ready yet.

Based on what? ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
true.  I'm sure the oppo players will refrain from tackling him, or shoving him and so on.  that will help.  plus there's no chance he could get tripped as well, or land awkwardly on his shoulder when contesting a header.
all good.

Yeah. Shoulders are notoriously difficult injuries to predict future rusk.

I know medical science has advanced but wasn’t Lawrenson career limited by a shoulder injury and more recently Rashford missed a fair junk of time with a similar injury.

He’s hoping Robbo is made of sterner stuff.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah. Shoulders are notoriously difficult injuries to predict future rusk.

I know medical science has advanced but wasn’t Lawrenson career limited by a shoulder injury and more recently Rashford missed a fair junk of time with a similar injury.

He’s hoping Robbo is made of sterner stuff.
I know back then Bryan Robson dislocated his several times after the initial injury.

Thought Lawrenson was his Achilles

More recently Carragher did it I think, but never had another issue as far as I remember

Online fiveways

• Anny Roader
all good.

100 per cent agree

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for the op Zlen, got me singing Maxi in my head 👍 Good news from the Press conference. However, I still think Robbo, Dom and Curtis may start on the bench. I would start with Beck left, Joe right, Virgil and Quansah and expect to sub two early in second half.
Midfield of Mac, Grav and Elliott and Cody, Diaz plus one of Jota or Nunez up front with the other ready to sub on.
As has been said, the one goal cushion means we just need to get in front in this by the sixty minute mark for the trip to Wembley to be in the bag. I think we win 2-1 on the night.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Allison should start tomorrow. It's a semi-final away from home with only one goal currently in it.

Kelleher to play on Sunday.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Allison should start tomorrow. It's a semi-final away from home with only one goal currently in it.

Kelleher will have been promised League Cup matches.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
I dislocated my shoulder and had no issues with since playing sport. I'm pretty sure my local 5aside and tennis club provides the same intense activity too ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

We've started Kelleher in the final previously. There is absolutely way he won't be playing tomorrow.

And honestly that's the way it should be. If you want a top class back-up goalkeeper, you need to be giving them something and sticking to it.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
One game from a final away from home against a premier league side vs an early round game at home against a championship team.  It's clear that tomorrow’s game will be our full first team squad, bar maybe Allison and one or two others, while there will be many first teamers rested for Sunday's game.  Going pretty much full tomorrow and then again, a week later against Chelsea also lines up well for our players.  It's the Arsenal game away four days later that is going to be the most challenging.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan

kelleher played the 2022 final...played the 2nd leg at Arsenal?. Why would he not play tomorrow?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I know back then Bryan Robson dislocated his several times after the initial injury.

Thought Lawrenson was his Achilles

More recently Carragher did it I think, but never had another issue as far as I remember

Lawro went off after three minutes with his shoulder at Heysel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4400139.stm

But Robson’s career was really affected by his shoulder injuries.

Anyway let’s be positive as Robbo is as hard as nails. ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Lawro went off after three minutes with his shoulder at Heysel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4400139.stm

But Robson’s career was really affected by his shoulder injuries.

Anyway let’s be positive as Robbo is as hard as nails. ;D
Never knew that. I was 8 at the time, but the only thing I think I recall is Gillespies tackle on Boniek was outside the box? (Although I guess no one really cared by that point)

Was Gillespie the sub for Lawro?

Think it was an Achilles that caused his retirement though

Sorry to derail the thread

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
If we lose by a single goal, would it be extra time or straight to penalties?

Online Hestoic

• Kopite
If we lose by a single goal, would it be extra time or straight to penalties?

Pelanties.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Think it's time we test Jonesey's resolve.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Pelanties.

Think it is extra time then pens.
We are Loyal Supporters