Author Topic: PL: Bournemouth 0 vs 4 Liverpool Nunez 49’ 90+3’ Jota 70’ 79’  (Read 17027 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: PL: Bournemouth 0 vs 4 Liverpool Nunez 49’ 90+3’ Jota 70’ 79’
« Reply #520 on: January 22, 2024, 03:52:11 pm »
Bore myself repeating the same things but this is exactly one of the reasons why the media or other fans don't call out city much on their years of fraud and cheating. Other fans like man united, everton, Chelsea, etc all despise us and would rather have them win as tribalism trumps a fair game. The media as a business want to encourage and appeal to the bigger customer base.

If city won the league by a few points and on the last day the PL decided to quash a ten point ban for mass fraud and cheating of the league, most of the fan bases would be jumping through hoops. Sad as fuck and a big reason I've turned off from football the last few years. Always knew tribalism was rotten but it's been a new low wanting cheats to win even if that means destroying the very competition they are in. 
Interesting how the Arsenal fans are way more insightful and intelligent than that Manc lot.

Only 1 club has that power- we've turned this lot into City-supporters. They might as well try and buy tickets to home games and get the shirt- there's no difference. They don't even feel ashamed and disgusted.

You can bet that if us and United were both challenging, City AND Chelsea supporters would favor United. If it was us and Chelsea- the 2 Manc clubs' supporters would want Chelsea to win it.

That's why I like Arsenal the most out of the other "big clubs". They would want us to win over United, Chelsea and most of all- City.
Proper club with their morality intact.

Spurs? They're a mixed bunch. You never really know where you stand with them.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: January 22, 2024, 04:34:17 pm »
Nothing confirmed but Curtis’ looked like a hamstring albeit Jurgen said he hoped it was just precautionary. Ibou twisted his ankle but played on so should be ok. We’ll get team news tomorrow so fingers crossed especially for Curtis who can’t catch a break with injuries.
Cheers, hopefully it's nothing for Curtis. Dom should be back soon too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 04:36:41 pm by neil4ad »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #522 on: January 22, 2024, 05:15:14 pm »

"They spend money but don't go overboard with it. They spend it wisely. They sign top flight talent and also develop it. They invest in their youth and academy and play the youth."

This is exactly right. All of us, at times, wish we'd spend big but that's not the way we have conducted our business. We tend to buy "good" players who aren't big money (sometimes we do splash out though but even then it looks like a bargain). Klopp and team then mould these players into effective team players. We also develop our young players. Yesterday we had Jones playing who looks like he is now establishing himself as a starter. We also played Bradley who looked like a seasoned fullback and brought on two kids that seamlessly integrated into the team. Elliott is still a young player and is getting better and better.

We have a manager who brings the best out of players and we have a team that is gelling more and more.
#JFT97

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #523 on: January 22, 2024, 05:59:55 pm »
One thing we are seeing in the last few games is how moving the forwards around is making a big difference especially in Mo's absence.

We've seen Nunez excel going out on the left then yesterday he improved after going into the middle. Sometimes it could be as simple as better matchups with defenders.

It may feel like Jurgen has got it wrong from the start but it's more likely that he can't get the team 100% setup correctly whist he has so many players injured.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #524 on: January 22, 2024, 07:24:45 pm »
One thing we are seeing in the last few games is how moving the forwards around is making a big difference especially in Mo's absence.

We've seen Nunez excel going out on the left then yesterday he improved after going into the middle. Sometimes it could be as simple as better matchups with defenders.

It may feel like Jurgen has got it wrong from the start but it's more likely that he can't get the team 100% setup correctly whist he has so many players injured.
It's actually been happening since Arsenal.
The first time I've seen how effective and devastating to the forward-dynamic Darwin could be, was when he was subbed in on the left against Arsenal.
After the game, everyone was complaining that the subs killed the game, but I saw different.

We were struggling to regularly get in-behind or to the byline and pull it back- for the entire game until then(similar to what we saw against United), but as soon as he was deployed left, we were in business! Immediately, we started penetrating the box more often and looked more dangerous. We started getting better quality chances and started stretching the fullback(s), with Darwin, providing penetrating run-after-run. We just could not finish the cutbacks.

I think he was subbed on too late(Can't remember if he was subbed on, or moved to the left..), else we could've scored- it was only a matter of munites. Think this occured around the 75th.

If he'd been deployed there against United, I'm certain we would've walked away with the win.

We have Jota back now- cause that's what we were missing while he was out - magnified by the United/Arsenal double- someone to get us into the box, so Darwin doesn't need to operate there, but in Jota's absence... he is the perfect stand-in, and he can pair pretty well with Gakpo through the middle, with his late runs.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2024, 07:32:07 pm »
Or Luisa or Virgilia or Trentina 😁

If it's a girl, then the obvious choice is Alison. Maybe even if it's a boy. :)