Author Topic: FAC: Arsenal 0 vs 2 Liverpool og 80’ Diaz 90+5’  (Read 24215 times)

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
Re: FAC: Arsenal 0 vs 2 Liverpool og 80’ Diaz 90+5’
« Reply #640 on: January 9, 2024, 12:09:35 pm »
Could we subtlely block the stealing of yards by Ben White and others of that mindset.

It could be fun, I’d like to see him up against one of our big lads.

Only one winner

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #641 on: January 9, 2024, 04:00:32 pm »
Did we win?  I'm confused as all I'm hearing is Arsenal should have had a cricket score.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: January 9, 2024, 07:56:09 pm »
He's been negative towards us for a while now, I remember a few years ago when DCL 'won' a penalty against us by jumping into Lovren and then going to ground, Shearer was in the studio and said something along the lines of "That's what all good strikers do, you can't give someone a reason to go down."
A few weeks later Lallana went down in the penalty area after being pulled back and shearer said "Football is a contact sport, you can touch someone without it being a penalty."
And then he complained about Liverpool fans calling him out over his hypocrisy;
"For all the Liverpool fans currently hurling personal abuse at me, my wife and kids because I happen to disagree with your opinion about the penalty decision, you do know you won don't you? PS So f**k off!"
Didn't see this yesterday. The point about his bullshit and hypocrisy is spot on.
I politely emailed TRIF email address about his Jota comments, no swearing, no abuse etc, I just called him out. It's ridiculous if people are giving him and his family abuse.
(I never received a reply btw)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #643 on: January 9, 2024, 08:14:06 pm »
Couldn’t believe it when I got home from the match to see Shesrer saying we could have been 5 down at half time. I thought it was a reasonably uneventful first half, the Odegaard effort aside.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #644 on: January 9, 2024, 08:19:45 pm »
Heard a bloke on a pod describe Shearer's commentary "The match was like a lovely dessert in a Michelin star restaurant and he's the waiter who comes over and sticks his flute in it"
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #645 on: January 9, 2024, 08:24:04 pm »
Heard a bloke on a pod describe Shearer's commentary "The match was like a lovely dessert in a Michelin star restaurant and he's the waiter who comes over and sticks his flute in it"

This fuss about Shearer's commentary surprises me, I didn't think he was that bad. Nothing like what we usually get on Sky/TNT. You think he was bad wait for tomorrow on Sky.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #646 on: January 9, 2024, 08:35:09 pm »
I don’t mind shearer. Certainly don’t get my arse in a twist over crap commentary when we’ve won a fantastic game. Been listening to Shearer on the Rest is Football for a while and his opinions are just pretty basic, standard sound-bite stuff. Not much depth and just throws the F-bomb around with curmudgeonly frustration a lot. I wouldn’t read much into what he says.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: January 9, 2024, 09:00:11 pm »
Everyone else is so shit it makes Shearer tolerable. But that doesn't make him good - or impartial.

He was good in the CL semi, but that was the kind of occasion that would sweep up most football types and just carry them on a wave.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #648 on: January 9, 2024, 09:35:08 pm »
But who is a good colour commentator? 

The only person everyone likes is Ally McCoist.  He can’t do everything!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #649 on: January 9, 2024, 09:38:05 pm »
But who is a good colour commentator? 

The only person everyone likes is Ally McCoist.  He can’t do everything!

I don't like McCoist when he's on Sky and TNT. The only place I have liked him was Prime when they were doing the football, as they just concentrate on commentating on the actual football.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"