Author Topic: Nobody Strikes the Ball like Alexander-Arnold  (Read 20749 times)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2021, 10:43:39 am »
Hypersonic missile that.    :o

The Pentagon have been in touch. Tangos could be the West’s answers to China’s new technology.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Nobody Strikes the Ball like Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2021, 11:56:52 am »
don't get me wrong... i'm glad it went in, but a part of me would've been happy to see it hit Mike Dean in the face as he ran past

:lmao

What the fuck was he doing?!  ::)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:00:55 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2021, 02:09:28 pm »
Jurgen Klopp on Trent

"He is a lot of things for us and he enjoys it, he enjoys himself on the pitch, but it's tough, he's still young and it's an intense period.“

I know it was a easy game but I didn’t know Trent took it that easy  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2021, 02:17:33 pm »
Shelvey doin that jump an turn away as Trent took the shot. I remember one of the first things we were ever taught/ coached was don’t turn ya back on the ball or jump. One of the main reasons being, it could be a fake/ feigned shot and they just go right past ya. I’m seeing more of this in footy now. It’s weird

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2021, 02:26:38 pm »
That goal was like a Riise thunderbolt of yesteryear. Trent will be unplayable if he can consistently add that shot to his game. Crazy to think he can still improve.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2021, 02:39:51 pm »
That goal was like a Riise thunderbolt of yesteryear. Trent will be unplayable if he can consistently add that shot to his game. Crazy to think he can still improve.

Agree. And Trent has so much more to his game compared to the Riise era where you only need to do one thing well to become a good PL player.

With power added to his game, he could perhaps become our new penalty taker when Salah is not on the pitch. Blast the shit out of the net like Shearer.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2021, 02:40:49 pm »
https://i.imgur.com/rmPTUOG.gif

Love how Konate rubs his head cos some of the net has hit him after it exploded

Matip just walking off like "meh, I've seen better" ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2021, 02:55:36 pm »
Matip just walking off like "meh, I've seen better" ;D

which on its own is a shock because it's matip who usually is shocked.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2021, 03:01:47 pm »
The best thing, for me, about watching this club for 30 odd years has been watching some of the best players you’ll ever see in their pomp, Alonso, Torres, Virgil et al et al, come through the club while watching local players like Gerrard and now Trent, local kids who have come through the academy and watching them grow into player that literally redefines their position. I remember watching Alonso, one of the truly great modern midfielders, an absolute footballing genius, watch Gerrard as out sprinted some speed merchant, then slid in as they were through on goal, take the ball off them, turn on the slide, go past a player then hit a sliced 30 yarder on to a sprinting Torres’ laces. The open mouth and turning head of Xabi has stayed with me for decades. I’ve seen the same expression on Thiago, another footballing genius, as the modern classic Trent sliced 40 yard cross field volley to Robertson flies past his ears through a crowded midfield. It’s truly a blessing to watch players like this grow into what they become. 99% of clubs have to sell local players like that. It’s one of the best things about supporting this club.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2021, 03:17:06 pm »

Is that why his song was being sung so much last night?  We don't hear it that often so I was surprised when it was being belted out.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2021, 03:19:40 pm »
Is that why his song was being sung so much last night?  We don't hear it that often so I was surprised when it was being belted out.

It was being sung before the TAA goal, i presumed it was Newcastle fans singing about the Shelvey goal.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2021, 04:26:59 pm »
It was being sung before the TAA goal, i presumed it was Newcastle fans singing about the Shelvey goal.

Yeah I thought that too as it's so rarely sung by us but then I couldn't remember if it was before or after the goal 🤦

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2021, 04:38:14 pm »
It was sung by the Newcastle fans.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2021, 04:41:51 pm »
Shelvey doin that jump an turn away as Trent took the shot. I remember one of the first things we were ever taught/ coached was don’t turn ya back on the ball or jump. One of the main reasons being, it could be a fake/ feigned shot and they just go right past ya. I’m seeing more of this in footy now. It’s weird

It depends. I once rushed a player straight after kick off. He blasted it as hard as he could, and I was prostrate and unable to breathe for probably 10 seconds (although it felt like a minute).
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2021, 05:04:40 pm »
That goal-saving tackle in the second half on Ryan Fraser was something else too. Absolutely brilliant.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2021, 08:13:32 pm »
https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1471605711281045514?s=20

a couple of games ago I commented on Trent setting up infield and making passes from there, and got mocked.  ppl simply won't listen !  :)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2021, 08:46:57 pm »
Someone forward this on the Southgate.

Like he'd have any fucking clue what to do with it.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2021, 08:50:04 pm »
Tactics? Aren’t they those minty mouth fresheners?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2021, 09:04:41 pm »
:lmao

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2021, 09:12:52 pm »
Not wishing to defend Southgate but there is no way any International manager is going to pull something as nuanced as Trent, Hendo and Mo interchanging and covering each other. It would have taken a huge amount of coaching in pre-season to pull it off.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2021, 09:21:38 pm »
Yeah that Dutch team with their total football never happened.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2021, 09:36:33 pm »
Understandably a lot of love for this ridiculous goal yesterday but I'd also like to comment on the brilliant pass he played to Mane first time to keep the attack going which resulted in Jota's goal.

If he took his time, Mike Dean would probably just blow up to get Beavis and Butthead checked by the physios.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2021, 09:46:55 pm »

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2021, 10:31:36 pm »
Yeah that Dutch team with their total football never happened.

The Dutch national team echoed the ethos of Michels at Ajax and Happel at Feyenoord. Guess who managed the Dutch national team in 74 and 78. Yep Michels and then Happel. The philosophy came from the club sides.

Total football came from the club sides and then was implemented by coaches who created it and then transferred to the National side. The work was done on the training grounds of Ajax and Feyenoord not at national level.

Pretty much the same thing happened with Barca and Spain in the 2000's.

That is very different to Southgate taking players from the likes of Liverpool, City, Chelsea and United who play in very different ways and trying to impose Klopp's tactical tweak that allows Trent more freedom.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 10:34:24 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2021, 10:42:15 pm »
Yes I agree Al, it can be done at international level, if the manager is able.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2021, 12:10:25 am »

Love how the goalposts got shifted to enable an answer, totally predictable... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2021, 12:41:09 am »

Repetitive quotes in threads really annoy me but I'm quoting this is full.

I think this illustrates the skill and brilliance of Trent's strike. It's not on the half volley giving him any advantageous lift and there's no divot indicating he got deep in to the ball.
So how the fuck did he blast it so well. What part of his foot met that ball so well.

Genius, it's an amazing boot of a ball.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2021, 06:04:32 am »
Don't forget Trent's rocket accuracy pass to Mane for Jota's goal. Genius.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2021, 10:59:58 am »
Don't forget Trent's rocket accuracy pass to Mane for Jota's goal. Genius.

Or the accuracy of the cross-field ball to Mane after the third goal. Mane was pretty tightly marked at the time and so the margin for error was tiny. Trent's 30-yard pass dipped over the defender's head and found the sole of Sadio's boot.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2021, 11:08:20 am »
Repetitive quotes in threads really annoy me but I'm quoting this is full.

I think this illustrates the skill and brilliance of Trent's strike. It's not on the half volley giving him any advantageous lift and there's no divot indicating he got deep in to the ball.
So how the fuck did he blast it so well. What part of his foot met that ball so well.

Genius, it's an amazing boot of a ball.

Yeah I thought that about the part of the foot he kicked. It looks like he used the instep as if you were looking to bend a free kick yet it flew like an arrow as if he had got his laces behind it.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2021, 11:44:02 am »
We’ve got Gerrard at rightback.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2021, 11:49:18 am »

It isn't about the ability of the Coach it is about the very limited time they have on the training pitch. Add in the fact that an International manager can't go out and buy someone to fit his system and has largely to make do with what he has got.

You only have to look at Klopp and how much work he does on the training pitch with new recruits before they get regular game time. An International manager simply doesn't get that time. That for me is why so few of the great coaches now end up at International level and why International football has fallen so far behind elite club football.

Trent's goal and his new role within the team shows what a fantastic coach like Klopp can do with time on the training pitch. It isn't a case of just move Trent inside and away we go. Klopp has had to make tweaks to a whole host of players roles to pull it off. Trent tucking in and playing in the half spaces would normally create three big issues.

1. Traditionally Trent was providing the width on the right. The solution has been for Salah our main goal threat to start in a much wider position. He now gets chalk on his boots and his starting position is that of a old fashioned right winger.

2. With Mo really wide and Trent tucking in we leave a huge empty space on the right hand side of our midfield. The solution originally was to play Harvey Elliot on the RHS of midfield and for the other two midfield players to adjust their positioning, so we end up with a lop sided midfield. That means Robbo and Mane in effect having less cover on their side and playing less progressively. Hendo is now playing the Elliot role.

That would still leave us vulnerable if teams can draw one of the 3 RHS players out of position. The solution is that the three RHS players are very fluid and interchange positions, meaning that if you manage to draw one of the three out of position the other two will cover.

3. Trent tucking in leaves the RHS centre back with no cover. The solution we play a really really high line, have two front foot defenders who are exceptional 1v1 and Ali starts off really high.

To suggest that an International manager with a weeks coaching every few months is going to have the personnel or the Coaching time to pull something like that off doesn't make sense.

We should just be thankful that we have an incredible player, an incredible coach and the they have the time on the training pitch to make it happen.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2021, 04:31:38 pm »
To be honest, I completely agree with Al. The reason international football is often so shit is not solely because it is populated with limited managers - its also very hard to implement any cohesive or intelligent strategy or philosophy if all your players are coming from different teams playing different systems with very little coaching time.

Its the reason why most international managers focus on set pieces and defensive solidity - its really most time efficient approach to using their very limited coaching time. Some national teams are a bit more fortunate that most of their players come from one or two teams which play very similar football, but that isn't really an option for England managers. That being said, Southgate is an idiot for not doing the things he can control with his limited time, such as coherent or intelligent team selection and game management.

On topic; I think that Trent is probably the greatest English footballer of this generation by some distance.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 04:35:07 pm by CowboyKangaroo »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2021, 08:34:02 am »
His threads still locked so here's the next best place.

He's on 8 league assists and the records 20 (Henry and De Bruyne). Do we reckon Trent could get at least 13 more before the seasons finished and break the record?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2021, 11:35:06 am »
His threads still locked so here's the next best place.

He's on 8 league assists and the records 20 (Henry and De Bruyne). Do we reckon Trent could get at least 13 more before the seasons finished and break the record?

No.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2021, 06:56:38 pm »
Becoming a very Special player, the lad has filled out and is now World Class..

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2021, 07:25:42 pm »
No.

I reckon he'll come close and could possibly do it. Especially with the sheer amount of goals we're scoring