Author Topic: Deloitte Money League  (Read 41656 times)

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Re: Deloitte Money League 2020 -- Liverpool up to 3rd in England, 7th overall
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2020, 08:37:01 pm »
Mate don't worry, China itself will buy us.  8)

I honestly think though we could do a lot more. For the most part most clubs all follow a similar route in terms of sponsorship, Banks or insurance. Truth is no one aspires to be part of AIG or standard Chartered. There are more ways to enter a market than football alone. Its great getting Nike etc but we should be doing fashion lines with the biggest and most exclusive fashion brands especially in China like Supreme. They love that shit. Juventus recently did a collab with Palace (clothing brand not club). Because for the most part the clothes are Ltd Ed. consumers will buy anything regardless of club allegiance etc especially outside the UK. Then there are artists - maybe not banksy but Ben Eine or stickman or Pure Evil. A pure Evil Jurgen Klopp would be pretty special. And fuck it why not pay a load of social media influencers in the countries we are not big in or do collaborations. Liverpool and Levi's is a bit naff, there are much better things that could be done to make us far bigger outside the UK and far more relevant. Whilst we are hitting our peak we should be doing tons of shit outside the box as we have the money to do it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:42:57 pm by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2020, 08:55:19 pm »
You need to speak to Craig mate, He'll hook you up with the relevant people at FSG.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:42 pm »
Not wanting to blow my own trumpet but just listening to a interview TAW done with Nick Harris from Sporting Intelligence regarding all this - he says he expects our revenue this season to be between £555m and £590m depending on CL progress.
Utd's revenue for this season will be somewhere between £560m and £580m - confirmed by Woodward. Depending on how far we progress in the CL ours will be somewhere from £550m, possibly as high as £590m. It's possible that we'll be turning over more than them this season.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2020, 10:47:44 pm »
Not wanting to blow my own trumpet but just listening to a interview TAW done with Nick Harris from Sporting Intelligence regarding all this - he says he expects our revenue this season to be between £555m and £590m depending on CL progress.

Dude. Blow your trumpet in private. This is a public message board.

:o

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2020, 11:27:59 pm »
Baz you disgusting fuck. Rawk is many things but it sure ain't that.  :o

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2020, 11:55:36 pm »
Apologies. My trumpet shall not be blown on these forums again.

But back to the original point. If we reach the CL final this season then we're very likely to turnover more than Utd this season, before the Nike deal kicks in, regardless of what Utd do. A quarter or semi final both could potentially be enough too but that will then depend on where Utd finish in the PL and how far they go in the Europa.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2020, 01:39:38 pm »
So, how do we expand form here? Next 5-10 years, I mean.

1. Bigger stadium? New Anfield road stand? New Sir Kenny stand???

2. New Standard Chartered deal? or New sponsor?

3. New minor sponsorships?

4. Kirkby naming rights?

What other strategies could be possible?

Part of me dislikes all that, but it is reasonable to agree that off the field development is key to compete for on filed success, so we better accept it.
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2020, 01:55:00 pm »

4. Kirkby naming rights?

Part of me dislikes all that, but it is reasonable to agree that off the field development is key to compete for on filed success, so we better accept it.

Anny Road is obviously on the cards. Won't add huge amounts but it'll add some to the pot. Unlikely we'll see more after that.

SC deal runs until summer 2023. I imagine if we keep pushing on until then we'll see a big increase.

I expect we're a massive attraction to other sponsors currently, even more so if we keep playing great football, getting to the latter rounds of the CL and winning the PL.

I know AXA are incredibly happy with their training kit sponsorship so far, had that from someone I know very well who works with the person who manages that relationship within AXA. I'd not be surprised if they look to expand on that with sponsoring the training ground, or maybe they'll wait and look to take on the main sponsor in 3 years.

As for other stuff, we're clearly looking to push the brand more and more, and capitalise on this with our own stores around the world. The Nike deal continues this.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2020, 03:37:20 pm »

Sounds good. How SC deal compares to other in the top 10 Deloitte list?

I hope the club push hard on that side and get as much as possible. I still can't believe how United got that Chevrolet deal all these years ago...
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2020, 03:49:22 pm »
Dude. Blow your trumpet in private. This is a public message board.

:o

"I'm just sitting here beating on my trumpet
With all these promises you left for me"

Rob Dylan
Bob Dylan
(Sorry, Rob, for the misattrib.)
From the Blonde on Blonde double.

No idea what it's all about, but thought you might like it, newterp  :)

Now, back to the money.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2020, 04:34:27 pm »
Anny Road is obviously on the cards. Won't add huge amounts but it'll add some to the pot. Unlikely we'll see more after that.

SC deal runs until summer 2023. I imagine if we keep pushing on until then we'll see a big increase.

I expect we're a massive attraction to other sponsors currently, even more so if we keep playing great football, getting to the latter rounds of the CL and winning the PL.

I know AXA are incredibly happy with their training kit sponsorship so far, had that from someone I know very well who works with the person who manages that relationship within AXA. I'd not be surprised if they look to expand on that with sponsoring the training ground, or maybe they'll wait and look to take on the main sponsor in 3 years.

As for other stuff, we're clearly looking to push the brand more and more, and capitalise on this with our own stores around the world. The Nike deal continues this.

You forgot the biggest one apart from the Nike deal will be TV revenues.  New PL deal to be negotiated and we'll make a few quid being in the newly expanded Club World Cup so as ever media revenues will be significant.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2020, 04:42:09 pm »
You forgot the biggest one apart from the Nike deal will be TV revenues.  New PL deal to be negotiated and we'll make a few quid being in the newly expanded Club World Cup so as ever media revenues will be significant.

TV revenues are league wide though and everyone increases (although on an international scale it'll no doubt see a bigger increase than other leagues).

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2020, 05:10:08 pm »

4. Kirkby naming rights?

Short term - New ARE to get capacity into the 60,000s.

Medium term -
- better transport links including a Merseyrail station
 - plan to replicate the Main Stand opposite with KD stand. Not straightforward as houses behind it but we can't just rest on our laurels as 60,000 is nowhere near enough. Even if it's a long term project  (10+ years away) we should have a plan in place
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:11:54 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2020, 05:20:30 pm »
TV revenues are league wide though and everyone increases (although on an international scale it'll no doubt see a bigger increase than other leagues).

The higher up the league you finish then you get more dosh and there's also that new formula that if we're shown on sky then we get more. I believe we're requesting that same formula for the international rights so it may happen though I dont know.  LFC is one of the biggest draws so we benefit.

Also there is going to be a new CL rights deal which could see a bump in revenue  should we qualify which we should for next few years at least...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2020, 05:38:02 pm »
The higher up the league you finish then you get more dosh and there's also that new formula that if we're shown on sky then we get more.

It's always been the case with regards to more money if you're shown on TV.

I believe we're requesting that same formula for the international rights so it may happen though I dont know.  LFC is one of the biggest draws so we benefit.

I believe it was rejected, wasn't it?

Also there is going to be a new CL rights deal which could see a bump in revenue  should we qualify which we should for next few years at least...

That's from last year, unfortunately it switches it to a 10 year rolling ranking which actually punishes us a little over previously.

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2020, 05:49:27 pm »
Expanding the stadium to increase revenue is expensive and takes years to realised.

The surest way to be successful is to play good football which we are doing to attract more fans in both local and foreign markets. That’s why I though Minamino was a shrewd move and we need to get him playing football now to open for us a new market in Japan.

The TV money is more complicated. With Amazon entering into the PL TV war, it can only be good news

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2020, 07:31:57 pm »
Overseas PL money is no longer split evenly. A compromise was reached around a year ago whereby the value of the existing overseas deal, approx £3.3bn, would continue to be split evenly but any increase on that amount would be distributed based on League position. That kicked in this season, with the overseas rights increasing by approx £1bn over the 3 year cycle. I don't know the exact formula but Nick Harris estimates that we'll received around £177m if we go on to win the PL this season compared to £152m (this was actually slightly more than City got as we had more televised games) that we received last season.

As for CL tv rights. This season we would have benefited from the market pool payment as we qualified by finishing 2nd as opposed to 4th the previous season (I don't know the exact break down for this deal but the with the old deal this would have been worth around £13m more) and we will benefit again next season if we go on to win the League. Our coefficient payment will have also increased this season too and is likely to continue to increase for the next few years by simply qualifying for Europe given our poor record between 2010 and 2015. This isn't massive money though.

The main area for growth, which is in our control, is commercially. We're going to have to wait a few years before we can improve on the current Standard Chartered deal but there's plenty of potential to continue growth with more and bigger secondary partners. From the Nick Harris interview with TAW, he mentions that the club have signed numerous new partners off the back of our CL win and you hope and expect that will continue while we're performing on the pitch. He also mentions big spikes in retail, again linked to the CL win. If we can continue to perform well on the pitch then, particularly with our global reach, bigger and better commercial deals will follow.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2020, 07:37:24 pm »
I think it's likely we're going to get a sponsorship deal for the new training facility at Kirkby when we move in there.  Axa is our training kit sponsors right? It will probably be them.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2020, 07:47:06 pm »
I think it's likely we're going to get a sponsorship deal for the new training facility at Kirkby when we move in there.  Axa is our training kit sponsors right? It will probably be them.
Hopefully we will but I wouldn't bet on it just yet. Naming rights deals haven't proven to be as lucrative over here as they have been in the US, to the point that they're often never agreed. We never did find a partner for the new main stand and West Ham and Spurs are still to agree naming rights deals for their stadiums too.

Doing something with Axa similar to what Utd done with Aon, whereby they packaged the training kit and training ground deal as one and agreed a long term deal would be the most logical outcome but ultimately the ball is in Axa's court on that one as they still have 2 years to run on their deal after this season.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2020, 08:07:27 pm »
It's always been the case with regards to more money if you're shown on TV.

I believe it was rejected, wasn't it?

That's from last year, unfortunately it switches it to a 10 year rolling ranking which actually punishes us a little over previously.

I forgot about the 10 year thing. That really does suck.

Any idea how much we will bank from next years Club World Cup?  There's supposed to be some good prize money anyway...

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2020, 08:20:55 pm »
I forgot about the 10 year thing. That really does suck.

Any idea how much we will bank from next years Club World Cup?  There's supposed to be some good prize money anyway...
As things stand no European clubs will be in the 2021 Club World Cup. They're currently refusing to enter because of fixture congestion but have said that they're open to talking with FIFA.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2020, 08:46:33 pm »
As things stand no European clubs will be in the 2021 Club World Cup. They're currently refusing to enter because of fixture congestion but have said that they're open to talking with FIFA.

thanks..

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How much Liverpool could earn from winning the Premier League
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2020, 08:47:50 am »
Interesting that the overseas rights are now going to be done on a merit based system like the domestic rights so the more we're on TV overseas (which is virtually every game) then the more £££ we will collect.

Liverpool's second place finish last season saw them earn more money from the Premier League than any other team, even title winners Manchester City.

The £152.4million scooped by Jurgen Klopp's side was just shy of £1.5million more than City, thanks to Liverpool's popularity with domestic broadcasters.

In a nutshell, the more times a team appears on a UK channel the more they earn, around £1.15million per game.

With 29 games broadcast live on UK TV from a possible 38, Liverpool banked £33.5million from the Premier League in so-called 'facility fees' - more than £3million more than City earned through this channel following 26 live games.

The most recent set of Premier League broadcasting rights for the three seasons 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 were worth around £8.5billion to the league and its member clubs.

Refreshing its broadcasting rights for the current three year cycle ending in 2022, the Premier League saw demand soar in overseas markets, helping offset lower value in the UK.

This has pushed the value to around £9.2billon, even as Amazon came aboard in the UK to make history as the first pure 'streaming service' to offer Premier League football.

Thanks to this, Liverpool look set to retain their title as the Premier League's highest earners as they end - by a virtual certainty - their 30-year wait for a first division championship.

What's more, Liverpool will also be the beneficiary of a new system for those more lucrative foreign broadcasting rights.

Non-UK revenue will this season be divided up on a new merit basis from this cycle, with teams at the top of the table - Liverpool chief among them - receiving a greater share on the back of greater interest from overseas broadcasters.

Previously, all 20 clubs received an equal share of the overseas broadcasting revenue; Liverpool, for example, earned the same £43.2million enjoyed by bottom of the table Huddersfield Town from International TV in 2018/19 - an equal share of a total pool worth £864million.

Given these factors - Liverpool's demand to be seen on TV, greater share of overseas rights, stable UK rights, guaranteed top two finish - Liverpool may well see earnings smash £175million this season, by a rough estimate.

Last season, Liverpool became the first UK clubs to break £250million in domestic broadcasting rights cash after winning the Champions League, on top of their strong league campaign.

With Champions League glory still on the table, the Reds could go even better this time around, helping fuel an interesting summer in the transfer market.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-liverpool-could-earn-17729420
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 08:51:36 am by rebel23 »

Offline trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
Re: How much Liverpool could earn from winning the Premier League
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2020, 08:50:32 am »
I may be in the minority here but as a football fan I would prefer the money was split equally across the teams in the league to make the premier league as competitive as possible.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2020, 08:52:19 am »
I may be in the minority here but as a football fan I would prefer the money was split equally across the teams in the league to make the premier league as competitive as possible.

That's not very fair considering we (and some other clubs) are such a big draw.  No one wants to see Huddersfield v. Burnley.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2020, 08:59:38 am »
That's not very fair considering we (and some other clubs) are such a big draw.  No one wants to see Huddersfield v. Burnley.

Even less will if those teams are playing sub-standard football because they don't have the financial capacity to buy and pay decent players. There's a reason the PL is more competitive than La Liga which I'm pretty sure dishes out more money to the top teams, i.e., Barca and Real Madrid.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2020, 09:08:35 am »
Even less will if those teams are playing sub-standard football because they don't have the financial capacity to buy and pay decent players. There's a reason the PL is more competitive than La Liga which I'm pretty sure dishes out more money to the top teams, i.e., Barca and Real Madrid.

Exactly my feelings. Seeing Liverpool smash sub standard teams 6-0 will be fantastic for Liverpool fans but will eventually become boring for the neutral and once that happens everyone will receive less money.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2020, 09:13:47 am »

They still get plenty of money though.. like £100m.  That's what Huddersfield got last year (the bottom team). Not our fault if they choose not to invest in players. The relegated teams also get parachute payments so they're not skint!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2020, 09:33:02 am »

The problem with that is the likes of Burnley, who have zero interest in developing the squad and just want the money - teams should have to work for what they earn, we aren't top dogs from just getting money thrown at us, it was all started by Shanks and developed from there. The non UK revenue will be because they cannot sell the likes of Burnley, Villa, Everton, Bournemouth etc abroad - unless one of the big teams is involved, no-one cares and it is right that the teams who have worked for it, get the rewards.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2020, 09:47:02 am »

Completely agree.  What might be good for Liverpool is not necessarily good for football as a whole.

Could end up like Spain where there's only 2 teams with a chance of winning it.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2020, 09:53:15 am »
The problem with that is the likes of Burnley, who have zero interest in developing the squad and just want the money - teams should have to work for what they earn, we aren't top dogs from just getting money thrown at us, it was all started by Shanks and developed from there. The non UK revenue will be because they cannot sell the likes of Burnley, Villa, Everton, Bournemouth etc abroad - unless one of the big teams is involved, no-one cares and it is right that the teams who have worked for it, get the rewards.

To paraphrase Shankly:

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life."
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2020, 10:17:19 am »
It’s a bit of both for me.

I think foreign fans often watch us for us, not because we’re playing a decent or shit Burnley side. The standard of that side is probably not a deciding factor, the quality of our side is.

So in that instance us getting a bigger cut is right.

However having a competitive league top to bottom does help both us as a team be better, and the opinion of the PL as a whole as a competitive league - which probably brings in a chunk of viewers.

Thankfully the bottom club in this league still gets a massive amount. Way more than the top clubs in a load of European leagues, so I’d argue the split is still pretty fair.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2020, 10:19:46 am »
So that's another £150m odd City have by cheating.

All Premiership clubs should be howling for them to get kicked out.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2020, 10:34:28 am »
Where do we draw the line though as far as sharing what we all work for? Do we put everything in one pot as far as merchandise,kit deals,ticket revenue,tv deals etc and share it equally at the end of the season Amongst the 19?

Where does it end?

The likes of us and Utd have earned their stripes and built these dynasties.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2020, 10:36:07 am »
Not as far as I'm concerned. The last thing most people want is for this league to turn into another Serie A or Ligue 1.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2020, 10:44:54 am »
Where do we draw the line though as far as sharing what we all work for? Do we put everything in one pot as far as merchandise,kit deals,ticket revenue,tv deals etc and share it equally at the end of the season Amongst the 19?

Where does it end?

The likes of us and Utd have earned their stripes and built these dynasties.
You could go even further and say every stadium should be the same size and ticket prices the same at every ground so nobody benefits from bigger gate receipts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2020, 11:39:25 am »
Our relegated side already earns more than what 3rd in la liga gets
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2020, 12:56:39 pm »
Interesting that the overseas rights are now going to be done on a merit based system like the domestic rights so the more we're on TV overseas (which is virtually every game) then the more £££ we will collect.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-liverpool-could-earn-17729420

This isn't correct. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, overseas rights are now based, partially at least, on League position not tv appearances.

As for the rights and wrongs of this. Whether it's fair that Burnley are profiting on the back of our popularity is besides the point. The PL and our own popularity is based on the competitive nature of the PL - if 2 or 3 sides start winning 4 or 5-0 every week then, in the long-term, rights fees might start to fall. The compromise reached between the PL clubs* re overseas revenue is probably the fairest conclusion - the 'big' sides get the opportunity to earn more as they're likely to finish in the top few positions but equally it provides the smaller clubs with the opportunity to get paid if they have a successful season, like Leicester this season, which in turn gives them more of a chance of breaking the big 4-6 stronghold.

*The value of the previous overseas rights would continue to be split evenly but any increase above that would be distributed based on league position.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2020, 10:27:24 am »
LFC continues reinvesting revenues to strengthen position on and off pitch

Liverpool FC has filed its annual financial accounts for the season in which the club won its sixth UEFA Champions League title and invested a club record £223m on players.

Summary of the financial period

Won sixth UEFA Champions League title
Four new player signings
Eleven player contracts extended
First official training partnership signed
Nine new commercial partnerships signed
Maintained seventh position in Deloitte Football Money League
£50m invested in training ground opening in July
During the reporting period for the year to May 31, 2019, Alisson Becker, Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri all signed for LFC, with Danny Ward, Danny Ings, Ragnar Klavan, Dominic Solanke and Lazar Markovic leaving the club. The first-team squad was further reinforced with 11 players renewing their contracts, including club captain Jordan Henderson, Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Turnover increased during the period by £78m to £533m, which represents sustained growth across the club and enabled the further investment into the playing squad. All three revenue streams saw rises, with media revenue increasing by £41m to £261m, commercial revenue increasing by £34m to £188m, and match revenue increasing by £3.5m to £84m.

The increase in turnover is a result of a new UEFA Champions League broadcasting deal which commenced in this period, a second-placed finish in the Premier League and higher partnership and merchandising value. Overall profit before tax for the period was reported at £42m.

Andy Hughes, LFC’s chief operating officer, said: “This continued strengthening of the underlying financial sustainability of the club is enabling us to make significant investments both in player recruitment and infrastructure.

“Being able to reinvest over £220m on players during this financial period is a result of a successful business strategy, particularly the significant uplift in commercial revenues.

“The cost of football, however, does continue to rise in transfers and associated fees but what’s critical for us is the consistency of our financial position, enabling us to live within our means and continue to run a sustainable football club.”

Liverpool maintained its seventh position in the Deloitte Football Money League having moved up two places from ninth during the previous financial year.

Nine new commercial partners joined the club, including its first official training partnership with AXA. Retail had a record-breaking season in sales with footfall surpassing a million fans into the official LFC stores.

The club’s international expansion plans have also grown with a new retail partner announced in Malaysia, shop-in-shop opened in Thailand and new selling channels on Amazon in USA, Canada and Germany. E-commerce orders were shipped to more than a record 190 countries worldwide.

Digitally, the club’s global social media followers increased by 26 per cent to nearly 70m. LFC’s official YouTube channel reached 2.5m subscribers and is the most-followed club in the Premier League. Twitter also increased by 11 per cent to 13.5m and reached 59m total engagements during the 2018-19 season – 6m more than any other Premier League club.

Hughes added: “What we’re seeing is sustained growth across all areas of the club, which is aligned to the recent performance on the pitch. Since this reporting period we have continued to reinvest in the club’s infrastructure and we look forward to the opening of our new training base at Kirkby ahead of the new season, which will provide first-class facilities for our players and staff.

“We have also just completed a second-phase consultation on a proposed expansion of the Anfield Road stand which could see an increase in the stadium’s capacity, giving even more supporters the opportunity to see the team. There is more work to do and, importantly, we will continue our dialogue with all key stakeholders, including local residents, businesses and community groups.

“These financial results and this sustained period of solid growth is testament to our ownership, Fenway Sport Group, who continue to support the club’s ambitions and continue to reinvest revenues both in strengthening the playing squad and the club’s infrastructure to build for the future.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/388376-liverpool-fc-financial-results-statement?fbclid=IwAR02SIDCJafNfIwRgjB45FndBnl_ajFZ8v0ckqk2pld0QOfwD5_C6Cwc0gc
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:30:55 am by ScouserAtHeart »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2020, 10:28:58 am »
things are prettayyy, prettay good
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017