Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 505368 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #7520 on: January 25, 2020, 12:43:00 pm »
Thanks for Virgil and Alisson, you utter tit  8) ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Coutinho
« Reply #7521 on: January 25, 2020, 01:23:30 pm »
He gave his all when he played for us so there is no need for name calling. I don’t even call Michael Owen that.

I think the betrayal was that he could see Klopp was building something special and also around him as main playmaker, yet he chose to leave. Going on strike at one point.

True with his £140m well spent, we have become a better team but that is a moot point as no one knew what would have happened. We could have spanked that £140m on duds like Harry McGuire and Fred instead of VVD and Alisson. I could only judge him based on what he did for us and to us.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7522 on: January 25, 2020, 02:30:06 pm »
I'll say a few things on Coutinho:

I had a few lads even at the end of August saying we should bring him back, they're not saying that now.
He was having his best season for us before he left so it says a lot about him that he didn't down tools.
His price tag was always going to set expectation to a ridiculous level when we went to Barca post Neymar.
Bayern were never going to buy him, paying £8.5 million to a take him on loan for a year made sense, the £120 million transfer fee doesn't.
His family were the first and last people in the ground at away games so I wish him well for the future except against us.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7523 on: January 25, 2020, 02:50:51 pm »
He gave his all when he played for us so there is no need for name calling. I don’t even call Michael Owen that.

I think the betrayal was that he could see Klopp was building something special and also around him as main playmaker, yet he chose to leave. Going on strike at one point.

True with his £140m well spent, we have become a better team but that is a moot point as no one knew what would have happened. We could have spanked that £140m on duds like Harry McGuire and Fred instead of VVD and Alisson. I could only judge him based on what he did for us and to us.

Owen rightly gets called a c*nt for where he finished his career. Going mental for a crowd who call us murderers and mock the 96? He can go fuck himself the Judas c*nt and what he did while here means fuck all.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7524 on: January 25, 2020, 02:56:50 pm »
He gave his all when he played for us so there is no need for name calling.

I guess that doesn't include the period of  faking injury whilst collecting his wages?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7525 on: January 25, 2020, 05:02:51 pm »
I guess that doesn't include the period of  faking injury whilst collecting his wages?

No worse than Suarez, who went on hunger strike whenever he wanted to move clubs.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7526 on: January 25, 2020, 05:04:36 pm »
No worse than Suarez, who went on hunger strike whenever he wanted to move clubs.

What a bizarre version of events  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7527 on: January 25, 2020, 05:05:32 pm »

Suarez didn't miss any games by faking injury though, not that I want to defend the goofy twat.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7528 on: January 25, 2020, 05:17:27 pm »
Worrying if true.

Only worrying if we'd have spent the money on Pickford and Keane.

We didn't and we're top of the League.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7529 on: January 25, 2020, 05:36:55 pm »
Suarez didn't miss any games by faking injury though, not that I want to defend the goofy twat.

Yeah, he did much worse.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7530 on: January 25, 2020, 05:55:00 pm »

Is cannibalism better then? Coutinho pretended to have an injury to force his way out. Suarez got himself an ultra long suspension to force his way out.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7531 on: January 25, 2020, 06:03:47 pm »
Is cannibalism better then? Coutinho pretended to have an injury to force his way out. Suarez got himself an ultra long suspension to force his way out.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

He did it playing for Uruguay to get his move. 

cannibalism, utter tabloid bullshit

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7532 on: January 25, 2020, 06:35:15 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao

He did it playing for Uruguay to get his move. 

cannibalism, utter tabloid bullshit

It was his second offence when getting out of Liverpool. He'd done the same thing before when getting out of Ajax. When Suarez wanted a move, he'd get himself suspended for a long time by biting someone, thus making his stay at his current club untenable.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7533 on: January 25, 2020, 06:37:58 pm »
What about the other time he did it...?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7534 on: January 25, 2020, 06:44:43 pm »
What about the other time he did it...?

Biting someone would be a low point in someone's career, the kind of trivia buried in a league's history. Suarez has managed it twice.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7535 on: January 25, 2020, 06:51:58 pm »
Biting someone would be a low point in someone's career, the kind of trivia buried in a league's history. Suarez has managed it twice.

He did it against Chelsea as well didn't he?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7536 on: January 25, 2020, 07:09:30 pm »

3 times actually
Its not cannibalism, thats just daft to suggest so
Its not related to Coutinho

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7537 on: January 25, 2020, 07:22:30 pm »
3 times actually
Its not cannibalism, thats just daft to suggest so
Its not related to Coutinho

It's not a hunger strike either. Both are just flippant references to him biting an opponent when he wanted a lengthy suspension to make his stay at his current club untenable. What Coutinho did in feigning injury, whilst shithouse, was no more shithouse than what Suarez did, and Suarez is still seen as a hero by many.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7538 on: January 25, 2020, 07:25:13 pm »
The sort of utter shite peddled by the gutter press ;D

Anyway....Coutinho
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7539 on: January 25, 2020, 07:57:53 pm »
Liked him as a Liverpool player and enjoyed his skills/goals.

He wanted to leave and that`s his business. I didn`t particularly like the manner in which he tried to force his transfer however.

Anyway, we`re a better team now without him and that`s the important thing for me.

Offline barbudo

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #7540 on: January 26, 2020, 02:44:04 am »
Liked him as a Liverpool player and enjoyed his skills/goals.

He wanted to leave and that`s his business. I didn`t particularly like the manner in which he tried to force his transfer however.

Anyway, we`re a better team now without him and that`s the important thing for me.

There were moments of greatness, but all too often there was "collect the ball, completely ignore Alberto Moreno on the left touchline who's just sprinted 50 yards upfield, shuffle two-steps to the right, ignore anyone near the six-yard box, and try to curl it into the top right-hand corner".

Barça, I'm happy to say, were robbed.
Bethink ye, bethink ye ... that ye might be mistaken! (Oliver Cromwell)

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7541 on: January 26, 2020, 03:28:19 am »
Wish him well and hope he gets his career back on track.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7542 on: January 26, 2020, 05:00:47 am »
Phil's desire to leave - was the best decision he ever made for LFC - it enabled us to take the squad to the next level. I will always have a soft spot for the sacrificial lamb that allowed us to bring #19 and #6 home.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7543 on: January 27, 2020, 09:16:27 am »
not sure if mentioned, brain fried after a shite sleep but i once read somewhere Klopp nearly fell off his chair laughing when he heard what they were offering for him in the end.

way too good to turn down
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7544 on: January 27, 2020, 09:39:53 am »
not sure if mentioned, brain fried after a shite sleep but i once read somewhere Klopp nearly fell off his chair laughing when he heard what they were offering for him in the end.

way too good to turn down

In a reverse of the fears that FSG would force sales of players, Klopp wanted him gone the previous window after Coutinho made his wishes known but FSG vetoed the sale until they got an offer satisfactory to them. The eventual January offer was satisfactory to them and hilarious to Klopp.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7545 on: January 27, 2020, 09:44:55 am »
In a reverse of the fears that FSG would force sales of players, Klopp wanted him gone the previous window after Coutinho made his wishes known but FSG vetoed the sale until they got an offer satisfactory to them. The eventual January offer was satisfactory to them and hilarious to Klopp.
think klopp wanted him to stay, am sure the club came out saying they did everything to make him stay (then again they probably would)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7546 on: January 27, 2020, 09:48:16 am »
think klopp wanted him to stay, am sure the club came out saying they did everything to make him stay (then again they probably would)

Coutinho in Klopp's system was very very good; the money from his sale that bought Alisson and VVD
is changing the history of the club.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7547 on: January 27, 2020, 10:01:58 am »
Coutinho in Klopp's system was very very good; the money from his sale that bought Alisson and VVD
is changing the history of the club.
we were the big winners alright

im sure coutinho money accounted for most of it alright

142m shelled out and that was what we would recoup if all his add ons were met

i cant imagine the were though. But still his value has plummeted

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7548 on: January 27, 2020, 10:02:11 am »
He came up us and did his job efficiently.
He always saw us as a stepping stone. Whether we liked it or not, its undeniable.
He saw a chance to move to his dream club and did what he thought was the best way to move there.
I stopped caring about him since the day he last wore our red jersey. Let him win everything or nothing.
His sale enabled us to build a team thats less about invidivuals and build an efficient team thats capable of challenging on multiple fronts.
I thank him for his services to us.

P.S. There was a poster who said let it be a lesson to those Latin/South American who see Barca and Real as the only dream clubs. Nah. I would rather we unearth a gem like this once in a while and sell him for a tidy profit and optimise our team as per necessity that will help us win even more trophies. And ultimately, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7549 on: January 27, 2020, 10:05:45 am »
brilliant chacha

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7550 on: January 27, 2020, 10:13:06 am »
And ultimately, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

But what will happen if Standard Chartered want to change their logo? Will it break the club?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7551 on: January 27, 2020, 11:05:01 am »
But what will happen if Standard Chartered want to change their logo? Will it break the club?

Logos dont matter mate. I said "Name on the front..." ;)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7552 on: January 27, 2020, 11:18:57 am »
It's not a hunger strike either. Both are just flippant references to him biting an opponent when he wanted a lengthy suspension to make his stay at his current club untenable. What Coutinho did in feigning injury, whilst shithouse, was no more shithouse than what Suarez did, and Suarez is still seen as a hero by many.

Some top psychology there.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #7553 on: January 28, 2020, 09:45:42 am »
His long range shooting from outside the box was a thing of beauty. Best in the world from outside the box on his right foot imo.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #7554 on: February 3, 2020, 04:25:52 am »
The Couthino departure, and to a large extent, the Suarez and Sterling departures....occurred against the backdrop of us being desperate to get our first league win in a very long time. Naturally, we were all feeling insecure about just becoming a feeder club against the backdrop of that ambition and hearing journos and rival fan-bases describe us as such....in that....any players who stand out and become "too good" will just be hoovered up by bigger [at the time] clubs with more realistic ambition and trophy/medal potential for these players.

I think this is the thing that hurts our sensibilities at Anfield. In that, some players weren't prepared to stick around and become an indefinite, key part of our title ambitions. With the benefit of hindsight, we can now see that it was a manager that we actually needed to secure in order to press this ambition, not just one or two exceptional players whom we had to desperately try and cling on to.

At the time of Coutinho's departure, I think we'd all had a great lift from the arrival of Klopp and just viewed Coutinho as a cash generator we could use to strengthen the team "properly."

We're now in a very different position.

The notion of any players in this current squad wanting out for "ambition" purposes seems to be remote and unlikely. It's more likely that more and more quality players will want IN when it comes to LFC and this is one of the best unspoken rewards of domestic success and European reputation.

We're going to be able to attract "prime" and "finished article" players if we do our homework properly, and I'd much rather enjoy this period than lament about the likes of Coutinho, because although I enjoyed his skills and contributions, I always knew we were just his shop window back then, as was any player who managed to stand out, and that before too long, other clubs would come sniffing around them.

This is what I like about success.

Once you've earned it, you attract "assets" rather than shedding them.

YNWA

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #7555 on: February 3, 2020, 11:10:12 am »
Could imagine Arsenal and Arteta going for him.  Think he would suit their style.  ie pretty on the eye ... but flakey.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #7556 on: February 4, 2020, 11:51:39 am »
Could imagine Arsenal and Arteta going for him.  Think he would suit their style.  ie pretty on the eye ... but flakey.

Surely the new Barca coach will have a look at him pre-season.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #7557 on: February 5, 2020, 10:29:08 am »

With a crowd still likely to get on his back? Won't do well :D

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7558 on: February 6, 2020, 08:16:32 pm »
Surely the new Barca coach will have a look at him pre-season.

Wasn't it a two season loan? If that's the case, Bayern would be silly to let him go. He's not a bad player to have, but no way are they paying his buy out clause.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7559 on: February 6, 2020, 08:21:53 pm »
Wasn't it a two season loan? If that's the case, Bayern would be silly to let him go. He's not a bad player to have, but no way are they paying his buy out clause.

Well they already seem to have decided that they don't want him. And he probably has no place at Barca, being Valverde's most prominent/tainted signing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art