Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jurgen Klopp For Ever
« Last post by Red-4-Ever on Today at 03:47:51 pm »
Thanks for the comments folks - always appreciated.

12C - like you I am old enough to remember Shanks resigning. I was 13 I guess but already, without fully realising why, I perceived him as an almost divine, semi-mythological creature. It helped a little bit coming from Huddersfield since Shankly was still remembered in the town (he'd brought Denis Law down from Scotland to play for the team for godssake!). It was summer holidays when he left Liverpool. I remember sitting on the back steps of our house in the sunshine and simply not being able to comprehend what had happened and why he had gone. Mum was no use. She didn't understand footy (although I'm pretty sure she knew who Shanks was). None of my mates in the neighbourhood were Liverpool fans. I had to wait for my dad to get back from work to try and make sense of it all. That kid in the centre of Liverpool who simply doesn't 'get' it stood for us all. Still does. "You're having me on, aren't ya?"

So I knew immediately how to feel when Jurgen dropped his bombshell. But I can fully understand why young supporters are, or were, in utter confusion. It's the best job in the world after all, and Jurgen keeps saying so. So why......?

He's up there with Bill. We know that already. But like I said in the OP the truth of that statement will become even clearer as the years go by and we get more perspective.

For those going to the match tomorrow, enjoy and absorb every moment. It will be an amazing occasion. Quite genuinely, it will be the Match of the Day and therefore Match of the Season.

A beautifully written and magnificent tribute to the man in the OP, thanks Yorky.

In the immediate aftermath of Jurgen's announcement the video of that kid from '74 was going through my head and I kept thinking of the parallels...both men certainly seem to be cut from the same cloth and Jurgen will rightly be remembered for the impact he had in the same way Shanks is decades later.
General Football and Sport / Re: Brighton & Hove Albion.
« Last post by gazzalfc on Today at 03:47:23 pm »
Bayern or is Tuchel extending?

Tuchel has already confirmed he's going
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 03:47:16 pm »
At the end of the season.

He'll be at Bayern
Gone or going?
Gone then? Just saw it on ESPN
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Liverpool Audio/Video Thread
« Last post by oojason on Today at 03:46:52 pm »

''Up there with Shankly' - How Klopp changed Liverpool' - 5 minute video, from the BBC:-

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/videos/c4nnzz6rz8go

^ 'Football Focus' Dion Dublin and Shay Given, are joined by Redmen TV's Paul Machin to discuss the legacy Jurgen Klopp leaves ahead of his final game as Liverpool manager this weekend.'
« Last post by jonkrux on Today at 03:46:41 pm »
Bayern or is Tuchel extending?
« Last post by gazzalfc on Today at 03:46:35 pm »
Gone or going?

At the end of the season.

He'll be at Bayern
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)
« Last post by DarkOfTheManatee on Today at 03:46:14 pm »
I think he ‘loped’ rather than ‘galloped’.

He had the legs of a baby giraffe rather than a thoroughbred racehorse.

I feel like this is part of the reason why he's been comparatively unheralded outside of Liverpool fans. He doesn't actually look particularly big or powerful or elegant on the ball - the aesthetic qualities of the prototypical 'top modern CB' - so unless you actually watch him week in, week out, it's not obvious at first glance how good he is.
« Last post by Phineus on Today at 03:45:52 pm »
Not entirely surprising and can’t see them getting McKenna, he’ll surely want a go with Ipswich in prem first.

Motta would have been a shout but think Juve are going for him now.
General Football and Sport / Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Last post by jillcwhomever on Today at 03:45:04 pm »
I will be amazed if Piastri doesn't get a penalty after practice.
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 03:44:01 pm »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10