Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Sorry yeah, you are right! :D
Thanks all. I’m kinda reassured by your confidence in our club. And I don’t mind the spiky comments. We have to use the forum as a safe space to properly debate stuff. It’d be a bit soviet if we all had to all repeat a positive pre determined narrative the whole time.

My only kick back at the responses is the one that doubles down on the belief in superior data science we deploy at the club. I’m in the data science trade, it’s my career. I run a dept of just under 30 analysts (I’m in the environmental sector so no, I’m not well paid….). We use R, Python, FME, Bayesian statistics, Monte Carlo modelling etc etc.  We are only most confident with our outputs when we have a good, deep set of raw input data. Before LFC, Klopp had around 600 managerial games. Amorim and Slot less than half this number, around 230-250. Alonso even fewer. So I’m pretty sure a purely data driven assessment would have run short of statistical confidence, relative to other assessments. You may respond by pointing out that we also use data to recruit young players with fewer games and therefore less data but with players there is richer data because you can derive plenty of raw data around speed, stamina, positioning, passing distance, passing accuracy etc and everything else we used to get on Championship Manager. So I come back to my point that a strong element of subjectivity will have crept into this appointment and the left field nature can’t be explained adequately by our deployment of novel data analysis.
General Football and Sport / Re: MLS Thread
« Last post by keano7 on Today at 07:48:40 am »
Suarez hattrick and Messi with 5 assists and a goal against New York Red Bulls. Not bad these two.
He’s pretending that he didn’t call for him to resign.

What a weird c*nt.

Like when he said the United protest wasn’t violent.
As mickey said him and Macca both got overplayed and ran out of steam.

And again as Mickey says, it was our forwards not scoring as the primary reason we didn’t win more this season.

6 is an area we can improve, he’s not getting any younger.

Endo is old and Baj is young. If Slot thinks Baj is a special talent he will play him but I think the 6 is the obvious area to upgrade.
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 07:46:04 am »
Daily Quordle 832
9️⃣7️⃣
3️⃣6️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by moondog on Today at 07:44:54 am »
Proper cheat that Havertz.
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 07:43:44 am »
Wordle 1,051 5/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by spider-neil on Today at 07:43:26 am »
I've now watched the game. The penalty is harsh but Havertz is caught but the disallowed Bournemouth goal is a disgrace.
We are 15 points ahead of Spurs and they have 4 games left to play. They are officially done.

They can’t catch us but can still get 4th, mathematically at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10