Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 162935 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Scammed on ebay
« Reply #1120 on: May 18, 2020, 07:57:47 pm »
I bought something recently on ebay from a user that didn't deliver, and for whatever reason, ended their account. The money had been charged from my bank account. I explained to the ebay help what had happened, and they promised it would be refunded in a few days, and it was.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1121 on: May 18, 2020, 08:16:10 pm »
Should've gone with Amazon mate.

I had a load of crap from a seller on Amazon when I ordered some hair clippers.

Took over two weeks to arrive, I tried to cancel numerous times and each time was told they were on their way and received e-mails saying they'd arrive tomorrow, I was offered various part refunds but just wanted to cancel as by that point I'd ordered and received a different pair, bit more expensive but ordered through Prime and those arrived bang on time.

The originally ordered pair finally arrived and I just couldn't be arsed to send them back so we use them on the dogs.

And to top it all off, the delivery company was.....

Yodel!
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #1122 on: May 19, 2020, 01:14:15 pm »
Should've gone with Amazon mate.

Don't use Amazon on principle personally.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: May 19, 2020, 01:17:50 pm »
Yep wouldn't go near Amazon unless it's not on Ebay, which is very rare. Always pay using Paypal, they tend to take the side of the buyer in things like this

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: May 19, 2020, 01:20:34 pm »
Never used eBay in my life reason being the case in point provided by the OP.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: May 19, 2020, 02:34:41 pm »
Yep wouldn't go near Amazon unless it's not on Ebay, which is very rare. Always pay using Paypal, they tend to take the side of the buyer in things like this

I'm the opposite. Generally wont use ebay unless I cant get what I'm looking for anywhere else.
Only had one bad experience on Amazon and that was just last week when an order was cancelled without reason. First I knew was when I checked my bank and seen the refund.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: May 19, 2020, 02:36:53 pm »
Amazon is good as a search engine for products, which you can then go and find from a local or small business.

I have to admit though that sometimes the price difference is too big and I give in and order from Amazon.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #1127 on: September 5, 2020, 03:12:06 pm »
Are you James Montague?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: December 9, 2020, 11:57:23 am »
Hi all, just wanted to ask some advice.

I listed my PS4 on eBay (http://ebay.us/1eyxmA?cmpnId=5338273189) on Sunday as well as my old hi-fi (http://ebay.us/dkkbCK?cmpnId=5338273189) and a Bluetooth adapter (http://ebay.us/B7HbQZ?cmpnId=5338273189).

I'm getting a little twitchy because the hi-fi and adapter have had a load of views and have lots of people watching, but the PS4's still only on 18 views with 2 watchers (and no bids).

Can anyone see anything wrong with the listing, or is it just because eBay is flush with PS4s and the other two items are a bit more niche?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: December 9, 2020, 12:53:08 pm »

I listed my PS4 on eBay (http://ebay.us/1eyxmA?cmpnId=5338273189) on Sunday as well as my old hi-fi (http://ebay.us/dkkbCK?cmpnId=5338273189) and a Bluetooth adapter (http://ebay.us/B7HbQZ?cmpnId=5338273189).

I'm getting a little twitchy because the hi-fi and adapter have had a load of views and have lots of people watching, but the PS4's still only on 18 views with 2 watchers (and no bids).

Can anyone see anything wrong with the listing, or is it just because eBay is flush with PS4s and the other two items are a bit more niche?

Looks ok to me

Nothing obviously wrong

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: December 9, 2020, 01:51:19 pm »

Looks fabulous   ;)

Big items usually go on or near payday so I wouldn't worry.

If you want it to look a bit better then have a look at other listings and copy them or another way is to open it up to auction with it open to offers  but put the  £90 reserve,costs a few quid but would also show up high in the listings due to the low starting price.

Maybe even add a listing to Gumtree as well.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: December 9, 2020, 04:49:54 pm »

Looking at other PS4s for sale/sold and they all have Sony in the title description. Might be worth trying.

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: December 10, 2020, 06:23:23 pm »
Thanks all! Have added Sony to the description just in case, but looking at the other listings it does seem like there's a flurry of bids in the last couple of days so I'm no longer too worried.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: December 14, 2020, 05:48:34 pm »

You did well, lots of last minute bids.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: December 23, 2020, 07:00:35 am »
Selling my official Xbox 360 steering wheel and pedals, comes with the original box. Looking for £35 for it, collection from ST. Helens area.

Will send pics etc if anyone is interested. Not sure if you can get it to work with the Xbox one.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
eBay help needed
« Reply #1135 on: January 13, 2023, 12:33:20 pm »
Background:

I bought some Xmas lights off eBay. Supposed to be 10m long and 720 bulbs. When they came, they were 6m long and 480 bulbs (but in a box marked 720)

Returned the product within timeframes required and requested a refund.

eBay shows the item was delivered back to the seller on 21st Dec.

Not had any refund. Now eBay have closed the case.

What should my next step be?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
Re: eBay help needed
« Reply #1136 on: January 13, 2023, 01:11:56 pm »
Well, seems my next step is to STFU and take the hit.

You apparently only have 21 days from the moment of returning the item to advise eBay that you've not had a refund. After that, it's a case of 'go fuck yourself'

It's only £20 so not the end of the world, but it's the principle. It's a business seller, too (495k eBay sales). They've ripped me off and got away with it.

I'm fucking livid.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: January 13, 2023, 01:13:02 pm »

You apparently only have 21 days from the moment of returning the item to advise eBay that you've not had a refund. After that, it's a case of 'go fuck yourself'

It's only £20 so not the end of the world, but it's the principle. It's a business seller, too (495k eBay sales). They've ripped me off and got away with it.

I'm fucking livid.

How did you pay, if it was PayPal can you open a case with them?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: January 13, 2023, 01:22:01 pm »
How did you pay, if it was PayPal can you open a case with them?

Annoyingly not. Wish I had, as they've been great sorting refunds previously.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: January 13, 2023, 03:42:19 pm »
Yeah always keep an eye on returns to see when it's been delivered. Sellers have to provide a refund within a couple of days of it being delivered, if not then you need to escalate to Ebay at which point you'll pretty much get the refund instantly.

I'd also leave that seller some negative feedback if they don't provide the refund.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: January 13, 2023, 03:44:11 pm »
Yeah always keep an eye on returns to see when it's been delivered. Sellers have to provide a refund within a couple of days of it being delivered, if not then you need to escalate to Ebay at which point you'll pretty much get the refund instantly.

I'd also leave that seller some negative feedback if they don't provide the refund.

Oh, I've done that alright.

I also spotted some other recent negative feedback where they'd done the same to other people (not refunded a return)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: January 17, 2023, 04:18:59 pm »

I'm fucking livid.

I sent a curt message to the seller saying I'd not had a refund and expected this to now be done quickly. Little hope it would achieve anything.

After an hour of 'fewming', I went back on and left a shitty, scathing feedback, really going to town on them.

That evening, in response to my message to them, I get an apology off the seller (they'd been really busy over Xmas) and would now send the refund. Was in my bank the next day.

I can't find a way to update the feedback now. I feel bad.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: June 13, 2023, 03:02:04 pm »
Does anyone know a direct complaints link to ebay?
I want to make a complaint about an item purchased but for some reason you need to find it in your purchase history and it doesn't appear for some reason.
I'm going round in circles.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: June 13, 2023, 03:43:08 pm »
Does anyone know a direct complaints link to ebay?
I want to make a complaint about an item purchased but for some reason you need to find it in your purchase history and it doesn't appear for some reason.
I'm going round in circles.

Have you tried the chatbot? If they can't deal with the issue, they will transfer you to a human.

If you can't find it in your purchase history, have you checked if you still have the emails from Ebay about when you bought it/when it was due to be delivered etc?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: June 13, 2023, 04:42:48 pm »
the only link I can find says the site can't be reached Rob.
The emails don't help, they take me to the the provider who says they haven't received the returned item. It went back via Evri who aren't helping.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1145 on: June 13, 2023, 06:21:47 pm »
the only link I can find says the site can't be reached Rob.
The emails don't help, they take me to the the provider who says they haven't received the returned item. It went back via Evri who aren't helping.

go here https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/home

click on

then you need to sign in and this option should be here for chat or talk to agent

then a chat bot window will open in the bottom right of your screen - make sure no blockers are blocking it and that you are using an up-to-date phone/laptop/browser if you have trouble seeing it
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: June 13, 2023, 06:50:58 pm »
Finally got through to a real person after dozens of clicking about.
Lets see if they are as good as Amazon for returns :)
Ta folks.