Author Topic: Cody Mathès Gakpo  (Read 322235 times)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cody Mathès Gakpo
« Reply #3960 on: March 31, 2024, 05:43:46 pm »
The day I come on a forum to froth at the mouth about a player playing for 10 minutes when we’ve won and are top of the league is the day I pack it all in. It’s not healthy.

Spot on. Bellends.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3961 on: March 31, 2024, 05:45:25 pm »
The day I come on a forum to froth at the mouth about a player playing for 10 minutes when we’ve won and are top of the league is the day I pack it all in. It’s not healthy.

Not reading back, anybody who has done that is a dickhead.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #3962 on: March 31, 2024, 05:50:58 pm »

Absolutely, particularly at a player who is clearly a bit low on confidence right now

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3963 on: March 31, 2024, 05:53:34 pm »

Then there’s games where we lost for example against United and people were being blamed for making him the scapegoat. All people are saying is that he needs to be doing more when he comes on especially running against tired legs and show a bit more intensity.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3964 on: March 31, 2024, 06:31:14 pm »
It felt like a lot of people sat around me were turning on him. I really do rate him but his confidence is through the floor. What I will say is that his lack of effort in tracking Veltman on a Brighton counter attack was very noticeable within minutes of him coming on. Perhaps he was instructed to stay up top as an out-ball but I can’t imagine he was told absolutely no defensive work. It came across poorly.

Needs a big moment to revive his confidence.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3965 on: March 31, 2024, 06:40:13 pm »
It felt like a lot of people sat around me were turning on him. I really do rate him but his confidence is through the floor. What I will say is that his lack of effort in tracking Veltman on a Brighton counter attack was very noticeable within minutes of him coming on. Perhaps he was instructed to stay up top as an out-ball but I can’t imagine he was told absolutely no defensive work. It came across poorly.

If it wasn't instructed, the coaching team will be on him. I expect him to start against Sheffield United so we'll see then what happens but it's the ideal game for him to get some confidence back.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3966 on: March 31, 2024, 07:44:03 pm »
I think he tires the other players out more when he comes on. It's a lack of effort
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3967 on: March 31, 2024, 10:45:57 pm »
well said.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3968 on: March 31, 2024, 10:47:51 pm »

Sangria was at the game and said people around him were moaning about Gakpo, it's not just an internet thing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3969 on: March 31, 2024, 11:22:45 pm »
Sangria was at the game and said people around him were moaning about Gakpo, it's not just an internet thing.

Bunch of unhealthy fuckers in the stands, too...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3970 on: April 1, 2024, 01:19:44 am »
Bunch of unhealthy fuckers in the stands, too...

Were they fat?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3971 on: April 1, 2024, 03:13:50 am »
Were they fat?

Frothing at the mouth, maybe...

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: April 1, 2024, 08:08:50 am »
If it wasn't instructed, the coaching team will be on him. I expect him to start against Sheffield United so we'll see then what happens but it's the ideal game for him to get some confidence back.
im not sure he will. Try get a few ahead and get players off. Gakpo not really in form at all

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3973 on: April 1, 2024, 09:01:07 am »
I think he tires the other players out more when he comes on. It's a lack of effort

It's not a lack of effort. That just isn't a thing. Do you think Klopp would tolerate a lack of effort?

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3974 on: April 1, 2024, 09:20:48 am »
Gomez and van Dijk went mad at him as well during the game. Someone should have told them to stop frothing, it’s only the league title we’re going for, does it really matter if he’s not tracking back despite just coming on?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: April 1, 2024, 09:24:08 am »
im not sure he will. Try get a few ahead and get players off. Gakpo not really in form at all

It's because we have Man Utd at the weekend and 2 games every week for a while. I can see Klopp making a few changes on Thursday with Gakpo among them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3976 on: April 1, 2024, 09:28:23 am »
The attack was a bit sloppy all day, so a bit harsh to single him out (although Salah's got the match winner in the end and Diaz scored and had another one robbed off him). The game should have been put to bed before he came on.

Not sure he's what we need at the moment in general and doesn't seem to offer enough. Diaz/Nunez/Salah are the main three and when he returns Jota can rotate within that. When we're looking for a goal i'd rather see Danns come on at the moment than Gakpo. When we're holding onto a lead then you look for more experience and that's when you expect a bit more know-how from him coming on to help see a game out.

With a game every 3 days he's going to have to contribute though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3977 on: April 1, 2024, 11:49:35 am »
Frothing at the mouth, maybe...

Dammit. This is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

Unless it was a run on the mill case of rabies.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3978 on: April 1, 2024, 11:56:05 am »

Be a good chance for him to get a little bit of confidence back, playing at home against a team that's bottom of the league who ships goals in like there's no tomorrow.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3979 on: April 1, 2024, 12:17:02 pm »
Pretty sure he'll start against Sheff U, otherwise he'd want to update his CV

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3980 on: April 1, 2024, 12:24:00 pm »
Dammit. This is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

Unless it was a run on the mill case of rabies.

A Gakpocalypse?

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #3981 on: April 1, 2024, 12:24:37 pm »
I hate this shit, he's a young player who has confidence issues, lay off!

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/03/cody-gakpo-responds-to-recent-criticism-i-am-not-really-concerned/
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: April 1, 2024, 02:43:03 pm »
A Gakpocalypse?

that works - but I was thinking more along:

I am Gakpo

or

Resident Gakpo

but given the concerns of his effort of late - The Walking Gakpo

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3983 on: April 1, 2024, 02:52:21 pm »
A Series Of Unfortunate Gakpo Cameos
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3984 on: April 1, 2024, 05:01:31 pm »
that works - but I was thinking more along:

I am Gakpo

or

Resident Gakpo

but given the concerns of his effort of late - The Walking Gakpo

No, I am Gakpo...

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3985 on: April 1, 2024, 05:05:26 pm »
Gakpo gets like 5-10 pages of criticism after coming on as a sub, so Im kinda curious to see how many pages he would get with zero minutes.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #3986 on: April 1, 2024, 05:10:09 pm »
I hope he gets the start on Thursday, ideally on the left with Darwin at the 9. He looks low on confidence, it would be nice to see the manager give him a go in his strongest position to try and find a bit of form and confidence.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3987 on: April 1, 2024, 05:16:33 pm »
Gakpo gets like 5-10 pages of criticism after coming on as a sub, so Im kinda curious to see how many pages he would get with zero minutes.
tons -- he'd get accused of hiding, obviously.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: April 1, 2024, 05:38:46 pm »
tons -- he'd get accused of hiding, obviously.

Behind Endo, who's hiding (*check Al's current issues*) in the jet stream of a faster player because of lack of recovery pace.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2024, 06:17:49 pm by newterp »

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: April 1, 2024, 06:14:58 pm »
Behind Endo, how's hiding (*check Al's current issues*) in the jet stream of a faster player because of lack of recovery pace.
he'll accuse Endo of jumping on Virgil's back in order to track runners soon.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: April 1, 2024, 10:07:29 pm »
Desperate for him to score a worldie just to give hi, big confidence for the rest of the season and to get people off his back

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3991 on: April 2, 2024, 12:32:56 am »

had the exact same experience around blcok 305. i fully agree with the bolded point. he was getting called "lazy" and other things from a usually highly supportive surrounding crowd.  this was around the timing of the bit you mentioned, but also would add that before and after he'd also failed to either get into shape to defend or to offer an out ball/try to occupy a defender.

i don't think I agree with the word "lazy", because i don't think he lacks application, but on this occasion i'd agree with their sentiment - think it was him being terribly unfocused.

like the united game, just didn't look ready (or maybe was just not able) to contribute immediately in the role he was being asked to play. looked inactive not out of laziness but maybe being lost in indecision. either way, it caused us real problems - everyone else up front was exhausted, and the most fresh player on the pitch looked like covering the least ground of all of them and (and this is a longer term issue than the last two games) he rarely offers a kind of aggression or intensity that you're used to from most of his teammates

you've made a bunch of posts criticising gomez who played a lot better than gakpo. i'm kind of curious to see how many posts you'd make if he didn't play.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 12:35:39 am by classycarra »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3992 on: April 2, 2024, 12:38:51 am »
Behind Endo, who's hiding (*check Al's current issues*) in the jet stream of a faster player because of lack of recovery pace.
he'll accuse Endo of jumping on Virgil's back in order to track runners soon.

Can you send me an invoice for the space I am renting in your heads please lads. :D :D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3993 on: April 2, 2024, 12:41:18 am »
had the exact same experience around blcok 305. i fully agree with the bolded point. he was getting called "lazy" and other things from a usually highly supportive surrounding crowd.  this was around the timing of the bit you mentioned, but also would add that before and after he'd also failed to either get into shape to defend or to offer an out ball/try to occupy a defender.

i don't think I agree with the word "lazy", because i don't think he lacks application, but on this occasion i'd agree with their sentiment - think it was him being terribly unfocused.

like the united game, just didn't look ready (or maybe was just not able) to contribute immediately in the role he was being asked to play. looked inactive not out of laziness but maybe being lost in indecision. either way, it caused us real problems - everyone else up front was exhausted, and the most fresh player on the pitch looked like covering the least ground of all of them and (and this is a longer term issue than the last two games) he rarely offers a kind of aggression or intensity that you're used to from most of his teammates
you've made a bunch of posts criticising gomez who played a lot better than gakpo. i'm kind of curious to see how many posts you'd make if he didn't play.

Kloppo actually addressed the point in his post-match interview. He said that it is almost impossible to come into a game late on and adjust to our press immediately. That he brings on fresh legs mainly for what they offer in possession but that we didn't really have possession late on.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: April 2, 2024, 12:41:56 am »
Sad fact is we’re not winning any more trophies this season if he’s to become a major player in attack if, god forbid, another striker gets injured.

Frustrating thing is that when Diaz wasn’t playing well, he would nonetheless try to force his way into form, always putting in the effort regardless even if it wasn’t working. God loves a trier as they say and he’s finally getting his rewards.

With Gakpo, I see absolutely none of that application or determination. That would make it easier to forgive his form but without it, you can’t see any embers of recovery there. It seriously needs to start getting better because everyone will need to be called upon to make an impact between now and the end of the season. Any passengers and we’re done for.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3995 on: April 2, 2024, 12:57:44 am »
Sad fact is we’re not winning any more trophies this season if he’s to become a major player in attack if, god forbid, another striker gets injured.

Frustrating thing is that when Diaz wasn’t playing well, he would nonetheless try to force his way into form, always putting in the effort regardless even if it wasn’t working. God loves a trier as they say and he’s finally getting his rewards.

With Gakpo, I see absolutely none of that application or determination. That would make it easier to forgive his form but without it, you can’t see any embers of recovery there. It seriously needs to start getting better because everyone will need to be called upon to make an impact between now and the end of the season. Any passengers and we’re done for.

Is his form really that bad. With limited minutes in the last 6 weeks he has scored and got an assist against Brentford, Scored against Luton scored twice against Sparta and scored twice for the Netherlands against Scotland.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: April 2, 2024, 01:08:50 am »
Can you send me an invoice for the space I am renting in your heads please lads. :D :D

I don't know where to send it - the Endo thread, the corruption thread, the FSG thread, the men behind the suits thread, the *pick a thread you haven't ruined* thread (oh that doesn't exist). I mean, I presume I have to send it to somewhere on RAWK since you live to pendant here?   

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: April 2, 2024, 01:14:19 am »
Really like him.

Think his attitude is great and he seems like a valuable and well liked squad man.

He’d defo benefit from more minutes, and so he's not in the best form, but some of the takes from “supporters” in here are fucking laughable.

Modern footy fans I suppose.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3998 on: April 2, 2024, 01:24:46 am »
I don't know where to send it - the Endo thread, the corruption thread, the FSG thread, the men behind the suits thread, the *pick a thread you haven't ruined* thread (oh that doesn't exist). I mean, I presume I have to send it to somewhere on RAWK since you live to pendant here?   

It doesn't seem to matter to you. For absolutely no reason you brought up posts I had made in the Endo thread in this thread. ;D ;D

So take your pick. Whilst you are here maybe you could try and add something to this thread. Maybe give your opinion of how Gakpo is doing, in the Gakpo thread. Or just continue sniping at other posters from the sidelines. ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: April 2, 2024, 03:12:25 am »
I gotta say, what player doesn't have an off day?

Gakpo has hardly played recently and his confidence is low. He usually scores or assists at some point. He's young and a decent player. People need to get off his back a bit and realise we all have our off days.

We have 4 fit attackers atm. He'll get some more games with goals and assists n then everyone will forget this minor hiccup, unless they have an agenda.

YNWA is that not our acronym? Let's show it rather than using it only when we want