Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 604475 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #240 on: August 1, 2019, 03:43:33 pm »
Why?  I’m not entire familiar with British slang, but isn’t that a derogatory term for mentally handicapped folks?

Yeah, short for "mongoloid" which was once used to describe people with Downs Syndrome and other mental disabilities. Mongoloid is an outdated term for people of East Asian, South Asian and Native American origin.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 1, 2019, 03:43:36 pm »
, he called Kane a person that I find irritating.

Fair enough, I also find Kane irritating.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: August 1, 2019, 03:44:21 pm »
Fair enough, I also find Kane irritating.

;D

I haven't noticed that word filter before.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: August 1, 2019, 03:53:27 pm »
Can't believe this story has been on the front page of the BBC website all day

"16 year old takes the piss - World Shocker"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: August 1, 2019, 03:54:24 pm »

You can tell it's between seasons! ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #245 on: August 1, 2019, 03:56:06 pm »

Wouldn't have made the news at all if he was still at Fulham.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: August 1, 2019, 03:59:12 pm »
Wouldn't have made the news at all if he was still at Fulham.

That's pretty much it, player at big club does something people on social media are outraged about. It's not even newsworthy, it's a kid doing something stupid that he's apologised for.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #247 on: August 1, 2019, 04:11:59 pm »

Enjoyed his performance last night; played with his head up, great feet, one-twos round the corner and as Jason McAteer said on commentary; his decision making was excellent.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #248 on: August 1, 2019, 04:18:28 pm »
Let's hope he gets off social media, at least using his real name and confirmed profile!

Get his head down (get the haircut) and let Klopp and our Pep guide his career. And let's have a long run in the League cup to use him in, if not some minutes against sides at Anfield.

If he can play with our strongest midfield and attack around him, that will be the best school in Europe for him.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: August 1, 2019, 04:30:44 pm »
Enjoyed his performance last night; played with his head up, great feet, one-twos round the corner and as Jason McAteer said on commentary; his decision making was excellent.
Pleasantly surprised by his 2 mini-performances. Seemed equally at ease in wider areas but also drifting in to the half spaces & centrally. Worked well off the ball. 16 years old. Smart signing  :D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #250 on: August 1, 2019, 04:32:50 pm »

I'm not sure if I'd take Jason McAteer's opinions on decision-making with anything other than a pinch of salt.

This is, after all, the bloke who saw Jimmy White and shouted "One-Hundred-and-Eight-Teeeeeeeeee!"

;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #251 on: August 1, 2019, 05:04:01 pm »
https://twitter.com/kariasback/status/1156552290389696512?s=21 has the video. Some will go overboard and overreact to it, but it's a 16 year old kid being stupid. The club will deal with it privately as they should.
That is so disappointing by the kid  >:(
I want him to hear him say...
 "Have that Kane you cheating diving obnoxious c*nt!!!"
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 1, 2019, 05:47:34 pm »
Is he related to Steve Harvey?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 1, 2019, 06:20:02 pm »
Have to laugh at pundits and journalists acting like they never said anything stupid as kids around friends. There isn't a single person on this planet that hasn't said something in private with their friends that'd cause them to be sacked if brought to light.

The problem with society now is many people just want to drag people down, a lot of people use things to points score against people they're jealous of, I guarantee if he hadn't just secured a load of money at a top club this snapchat isn't surfaced online for example..

I'm not condoning what Harvey has done as it's wrong. What I'm saying is we're all thick as fuck when young, and we all do things in the heat of the moment to try and impress, and when you're a young immature kid, the things you do to impress can be 'edgy'.

I honestly feel bad for the younger generation, kids nowadays could really do well for themselves over a span of 15 years, and then some jealous twat finds out and resurfaces a video from 15 years ago and boom, reputation/career in tatters.  :-X

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: August 1, 2019, 06:36:30 pm »
Does he remind anyone else of a David Silva type? Strictly in terms of style of play- not trying to overhype the lad any further! Just thinking of what sort of role we could expect him to grow into.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #255 on: August 1, 2019, 07:06:59 pm »

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #256 on: August 1, 2019, 07:07:12 pm »
He's obviously just a fan of Ricky Gervais.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #257 on: August 1, 2019, 07:10:31 pm »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #258 on: August 1, 2019, 07:21:40 pm »

Better looking than Samie.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #259 on: August 1, 2019, 07:34:16 pm »
Anyone thought about how it feels for someone with Downs Syndrome to see that?

It's as discriminatory as calling Danny Rose a n****r and doing monkey chants.

Just saying. Not wanting to go overboard about it but it isn't good at all. I'd expect the club to send him out to Special Schools etc to meet kids with Downs Syndrome.

I suppose it goes without saying but imagine a Chelsea youngster does the kind of Danny Rose insults I've talked about. We'd be losing our shit about it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 1, 2019, 07:52:18 pm »

Will he be needing a new hat once he manages to find a barber and get a haircut?  ;D

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 1, 2019, 07:59:41 pm »

Just saying. Not wanting to go overboard about it but it isn't good at all. I'd expect the club to send him out to Special Schools etc to meet kids with Downs Syndrome.

I suppose it goes without saying but imagine a Chelsea youngster does the kind of Danny Rose insults I've talked about. We'd be losing our shit about it.
He is a fucking teenage boy , they all say stupid shit like that without thinking , the majority are idiots who think they know it all at that age. Thank fuck camera phones where not around when i was his age.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 1, 2019, 08:00:49 pm »

Firstly the connotations are a bit different, and it's only very recently that the term used in this instance has been properly frowned upon. When I was at school 10 ish years ago I don't think a day would go by without it being used as an insult, whereas I never heard the N word. Its like calling someone gay as an insult. It was completely normal just a few years ago.

Secondly, he's 16. And he didn't use it to insult an actual disabled person. So comparing it to calling a black person the N word doesn't really work (not that it would be acceptable to say that word to a non-black person).
« Last Edit: August 1, 2019, 08:02:24 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #263 on: August 1, 2019, 08:06:03 pm »
5 of the youngsters sent home today from Evian training camp says the echo. But Harvey is still there, shows how highly they rate him as a player.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #264 on: August 1, 2019, 08:10:04 pm »

Whilst all this is true, kids use this term commonly as an insult.
And they have absolutely no idea that it refers to Down’s syndrome.  They just use it as term for someone being a prat.
Indeed, people often use it on here and seldom realise what it means until it’s explained.

As a 16 year goofing around with friends it’s quite normal, even if it’s not nice to hear.

Hopefully they will tell him the problems with it and the issue will cease to be an issue.

And to be fair to Harry Kane, I bet he couldn’t give a shit
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 1, 2019, 08:10:58 pm »
And they have absolutely no idea that it refers to Down’s syndrome.  They just use it as term for someone being a prat.
Indeed, people often use it on here and seldom realise what it means until it’s explained.

As a 16 year goofing around with friends it’s quite normal, even if it’s not nice to hear.

Hopefully they will tell him the problems with it and the issue will cease to be an issue.

And to be fair to Harry Kane, I bet he couldn’t give a shit.

He's apologised, the issue has already ceased to be an issue.

I agree on Kane, he won't be offended by a 16 year old being a 16 year old.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #266 on: August 1, 2019, 08:13:23 pm »
Firstly the connotations are a bit different, and it's only very recently that the term used in this instance has been properly frowned upon. When I was at school 10 ish years ago I don't think a day would go by without it being used as an insult, whereas I never heard the N word. Its like calling someone gay as an insult. It was completely normal just a few years ago.

Secondly, he's 16. And he didn't use it to insult an actual disabled person. So comparing it to calling a black person the N word doesn't really work (not that it would be acceptable to say that word to a non-black person).
There is nothing different. The law against discriminating against people with disabilities has been there for years. It's just that those people have never had the voice to speak up against discrimination the same way that the BAME or LGBT community have.

I agree he is 16. I agree he will grow up.

But to say he didn't use it against a non-disabled person is ridiculous. It's like saying you called a white person the N word so thats alright???

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #267 on: August 1, 2019, 08:15:17 pm »

And to be fair to Harry Kane, I bet he couldn’t give a shit

Hopefully this helps educate kids what the term actually means then.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #268 on: August 1, 2019, 08:16:43 pm »
Unusual first name, that.  "Youngharvey"
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 1, 2019, 08:22:17 pm »
There is nothing different. The law against discriminating against people with disabilities has been there for years. It's just that those people have never had the voice to speak up against discrimination the same way that the BAME or LGBT community have.

I agree he is 16. I agree he will grow up.

But to say he didn't use it against a non-disabled person is ridiculous. It's like saying you called a white person the N word so thats alright???

Did you even read what I said!? I even said that it wouldn't be okay to call a non-black person that word. I was just pointing out reasons as to why you cannot completely compare the two. Danny Rose would be a lot more offended at being called that word compared to a white person; a disabled person would be more offended at what Elliot said compared to Harry Kane.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #270 on: August 1, 2019, 08:57:24 pm »
Did you even read what I said!? I even said that it wouldn't be okay to call a non-black person that word. I was just pointing out reasons as to why you cannot completely compare the two. Danny Rose would be a lot more offended at being called that word compared to a white person; a disabled person would be more offended at what Elliot said compared to Harry Kane.
ah fair enough.

not all disabled people understand the context of the insult. That is the very reason why this kind of discrimination goes far more unchecked than others

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 1, 2019, 09:13:32 pm »

Its the equivalent of doing monkey chants at a white person if they had similar to features to a black person.
Im quite disappointed by the video to be honest. Would be nice to see him do some work with disabled fans and everyone can move on.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 1, 2019, 09:15:10 pm »

not all disabled people understand the context of the insult.

That isnt true. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #273 on: August 1, 2019, 09:31:44 pm »
That isnt true. 
my son is disabled. he doesnt understand the context of the insult. ergo it is true

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 1, 2019, 09:38:20 pm »
The way he acted totally out of order.

Its like he needs to grow up or something. Grow up Harvey!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: August 1, 2019, 09:42:59 pm »
yeah loads of teenagers when I was one liberally used words like the one he used/homophobic ones pretty liberally as insults, teenagers aren’t exactly known for being worldly and knowing the real depth of meaning and connotations behind things (I mean up until fairly recently ladyboy jokes weren’t seen as being particularly offensive), as long as he learns its ok

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 1, 2019, 09:47:34 pm »
Here in the US - growing up - the term "retard" was used with regularity by everyone. I would fully expect I used it all the time as well.

It wasn't until I was a little older - probably close to my teens that I really understood the association between the word "retard" and those unfortunate people with Downs. I, more or less, immediately stopped using and can pretty much say that I haven't used it since. Sometimes it just takes some education and understanding.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: August 1, 2019, 09:49:33 pm »

my son is disabled. he doesnt understand the context of the insult. ergo it is true

Im disabled,  if a disabled person has the capability to find and watch  that video, they will undertand it.  However yes you are correct in hindsight, not all disabled people would.  I dont think thats the reason it goes unchecked though. Slightly off topic.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: August 1, 2019, 10:06:45 pm »
I might have. I was a proper twat when I was 16. thank goodness there was no such thing as Snapchat then.

Lets cut our teenage lad some slack.

Redemption beckons for Harvey from this early mistake.

I hope he apologises to Kane by nutmegging him this season

I’m so glad there were no social media apps like that when I was a teen. You learn from a lot of mistakes at that age and I would have said and did some things I’d never want to be dug up and plastered all over the web.

He’s a kid. We should let him learn from his mistakes and move on.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: August 1, 2019, 10:06:48 pm »
Here in the US - growing up - the term "retard" was used with regularity by everyone. I would fully expect I used it all the time as well.

It wasn't until I was a little older - probably close to my teens that I really understood the association between the word "retard" and those unfortunate people with Downs. I, more or less, immediately stopped using and can pretty much say that I haven't used it since. Sometimes it just takes some education and understanding.

it was pretty common place, but I’d say most young people see calling someone a retard as another way of calling someone an idiot, not that they have downs syndrome