Author Topic: Liverpool vs Southampton (FA Cup Fifth Round) - 20:00, Wednesday 28th February  (Read 20400 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Yeah if they’re available I’d expect them to get some minutes. Nothing anywhere approaching 90 though.

Maybe we can preplan their involvement.

Press conference at 1/1.30?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Quansah Tsmikas
McConnell Clark _____
____ Danns Gakpo

Elliot and Gordon or Koumas fill in the blanks.

With Dom and Nunez on the bench.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Elliot and Gordon or Koumas fill in the blanks.

With Dom and Nunez on the bench.

Eliott played the full 120 on Sunday and we may need him Saturday depending on Grav's injury.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Eliott played the full 120 on Sunday and we may need him Saturday depending on Grav's injury.

Macca then.

We need an experienced player in midfield to help the two young lads.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
I think Macca starts in midfield along with McConnell and Clark, with a planned sub around the 60th minute mark (or even earlier). Gakpo likewise upfront with Danns and another youngster. To provide the experience in every part of the field.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Don't want to see MacAllister anywhere near the starting 11 here. Lad needs a rest. Play 3 kids in midfield and 2 kids up front with Gapko.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
Yes maybe this
Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Quansah Scanlon
Clark McConnell Tsimikas
Koumas Danns Gakpo

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
It's another trophy. I'd start Dom and Darwin if they're fit and look to take them off around the 60th minute.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Yes maybe this
Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Quansah Scanlon
Clark McConnell Tsimikas
Koumas Danns Gakpo

Imagine telling someone at the start of the season we'd be ending February with that team, having just beaten Chelsea to win a cup using most of those players a few days prior.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I'd be playing Adrian, god forbid Kelleher gets an injury. Play all the kids and if any of Salah, Nunez & Dom can do a half even better.
JFT97

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
I'd be playing Adrian, god forbid Kelleher gets an injury. Play all the kids and if any of Salah, Nunez & Dom can do a half even better.
Kelleher can continue in goal to maintain his momentum. Not like he's tired.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Don't want to see MacAllister anywhere near the starting 11 here. Lad needs a rest. Play 3 kids in midfield and 2 kids up front with Gapko.
100%. Given the last view we had of injured players, Macca is right now
our most important midfielder. Wrap him up in milk and honey and give him a box-set of Jack Reacher
for Wednesday.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Thanks for the OP jack. Definitely a difficult one to tell how both teams may line up.

Completely understand the shouts to go with the kids given the current injury situation. But this is a match we should be winning and who doesn’t want another Cup final like Sunday so I’d be happy to see us go stronger.

As has already been mentioned I wouldn’t be that surprised if they rotate a bit as they’ve hit a sticky patch after their long unbeaten run.
They’re fighting for promotion which is a more achievable target than winning out in the FA Cup and would be a higher priority for them I’d imagine.

Think we’ll have a strong defence Bradley, Quansah, Gomez all likely Robbo or Tsimikas as well. Imagine Clark and McConnell may be in the midfield and Gakpo up front. Could see Elliott playing despite the 120 mins, he looked like he could run all day. Wonder if Szoboszlai may be fit for some part and Nunez possibly.

I think we need at least one or two more recognised attacking players as scoring is still the hardest thing.

Looking forward to seeing how we line up and think we’ll go a bit stronger than some expect to ensure we progress
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Not a chance that happens. Kelleher is an excellent 'keeper and can actually stop shots. Neither things you can say of Adrian.

Not sure about anyone else but I'm completely relaxed going into this game. Not that I don't care about winning or the FA Cup so much, but it's more a calm feeling of "we've got this" regardless of the lineup and injuries.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:43:50 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
King Kenny up front.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Should be able to field a strong keeper and defence so do that and take what we can get elsewhere and see what happens. 20-30mins from any of Mo, Goatwin and Dom would be nice.

And it would be one of the greatest nights of our history if we could go a game without getting an injury but seems massively unlikely.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Not a chance that happens. Kelleher is an excellent 'keeper and can actually stop shots. Neither things you can say of Adrian.

I get this 100% and I was always in the same mindset but with the way our luck is going, I don't think we can risk an injury to Kelleher. More than anyone now at this stage, the biggest drop off would be Kelleher > Adrian IMO and I don't want to even entertain that thought for a league game with City coming over the horizon.

So I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Adrian came in maybe. Nothing to do with fitness per se, but the risk of injury/fatigue scares the life out of me.

Is there a press conference today?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks Jack.

Sneaking suspicion we'll see Nunez and Salah start this, maybe even Szobo and them come off at half time.

Will be great to see more of the kids get more minutes, exciting times.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
As it's Klopps last season I think he should dig his boots out!

Can you imagine Klopp scoring a goal in front of the Kop? It would take the ref half an hour to re start the game  ;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
As it's Klopps last season I think he should dig his boots out!

Can you imagine Klopp scoring a goal in front of the Kop? It would take the ref half an hour to re start the game  ;D
Alisson-style? Nah, he was a bit of a clogger by his own admission.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Surprised to see so many shouts for Kelleher, does nobody else think Adrian will get the nod? I’m paranoid re injuries at the moment but Kelleher picking up a knock would be less than ideal.

Keepers tend to go on very long runs of games and if they're going to get hurt, ours seem to do it in training, Kelleher probably dives and kicks more in one session at Kirkby than he does in most games. We still want to win this trophy, so I'd rather go with a fresh and in form keeper than a rusty one.

Endo won't play, think Klopp doubted Mac would either from the post match chat, Mo, Dom and Darwin "fucking get out of my way" Nunez all could do with some minutes.

Medical staff will earn their money today and tomorrow getting 11 players out there ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alisson-style? Nah, he was a bit of a clogger by his own admission.

Scored some very Virgilesque headers from corners and free kicks though as well as a cracking lob from the corner of the box for Mainz
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Darwin "fucking get out of my way" Nunez

;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
Scored some very Virgilesque headers from corners and free kicks though as well as a cracking lob from the corner of the box for Mainz
Can you imagine the reception if he turns out for a Legends game next year? ;D

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Someone press the "Big Div" emergency button
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
There are rumours that Trey Nyoni could make his debut in this game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can you imagine the reception if he turns out for a Legends game next year? ;D

Guaranteed full house for that, no way I'd miss that game.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Guaranteed full house for that, no way I'd miss that game.

Hopefully we invite Tierney as the ref and Kavanagh as linesman and Klopp snaps them.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'

He should have a fun day looking forward to this in school today. Hope he has a full lunch, with some milk!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
I'd say Koumas is the next kid to get his chance. Talk of Nyoni starting but Koumas looks a very clever forward with an eye for goal.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
He should have a fun day looking forward to this in school today. Hope he has a full lunch, with some milk!

Do they still give bottles of milk out now?  :D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

I hope so. He looks like our best prospect whenever I watch the Academy games now.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do they still give bottles of milk out now?  :D

Thatcher stole the milk..

Reminds me of when Sterling had to get the day off school when Kenny picked him for a Europa squad ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Milk is actually an excellent post recovery drink, so hopefully they've all been given cartons.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
It's a shame Ibe is cup-tied...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Should be able to field a strong keeper and defence so do that and take what we can get elsewhere and see what happens. 20-30mins from any of Mo, Goatwin and Dom would be nice.

And it would be one of the greatest nights of our history if we could go a game without getting an injury but seems massively unlikely.
Winning a trophy without them actually makes them more hungry to contribute.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Unreal that we have to play tomorrow. Only back last night and going again tomorrow.

Kinell.

Can't imagine how knackered the lads must be.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some of those lads will be knackered after Sunday.

Adrian

Gomez
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas

Mcconnell
Mac Allister
Clark

Diaz
Gakpo
Elliott
Justice for the 96!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Some of those lads will be knackered after Sunday.

Adrian

Gomez
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas

Mcconnell
Mac Allister
Clark

Diaz
Gakpo
Elliott

Diaz and Konate need to be kept away from starting 11.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Diaz and Konate need to be kept away from starting 11.

Macca as well if at all possible. It's not like Southampton will have their strongest side either.