Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Luton Town, Anfield, Wed 21 Feb 19:30 KO  (Read 17377 times)

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Luton Town, Anfield, Wed 21 Feb 19:30 KO
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2024, 12:46:45 am »
To still be able to call up Gravenberch, Elliott and Gakpo to the starting 11 with all these injuries is pretty impressive.  Gravenberch and Gakpo have been a bit hit and miss this season but you can't blame them when they haven't had a chance to play themselves into any form in a settled team.  Great chance for them to step up this week. 

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2024, 01:27:45 am »
At home against Luton, I get our injury report is grim but within reason we can still field a team to get this done even if Mo and Darwin sit out as is rumored. Let’s get it done. Up the Reds!

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2024, 01:39:04 am »
Guardian reported Nunez is expected to be available, in an article ehere Klopp said hes day by day and he didnt train on (Tuesday)

Hopefully he or Mo make the bench at least

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2024, 01:57:15 am »
Three points, however they come, and no more injuries!

Hard to know if we will see Darwin or Salah. Maybe they will share the game? Or maybe 20 mins late on?

It’s a free hit for Luton. Not expected to get anything at Anfield, but fighting for their Prem lives, so they could be dangerous. If we apply ourselves we should have too much for them, even with some enforced changes.

Offline collytum

• Anny Roader
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2024, 02:27:53 am »
I really hope we don't rest Nunez or Salah given the injuries we have (bring them off after 60 mins if we are comfortable). Well aware there is a cup final on Sunday but dropping points here would be a disaster. League is more important given the position we are in.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2024, 06:54:55 am »
Full on nervous about this one which seems mad but I guess it's respect to Luton for how they been playing recently and the serious number of players we have out.

I believe in this side to get the win at Anfield though. They deserve our belief at this point at the very least.

Harvey Elliott to step up tonight I think. Let's go Reds!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2024, 07:32:34 am »
Start with whatever fit side we have and see if they do the business....
Hopefully can have salah or nunez to bring on if needed
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2024, 07:33:09 am »
Thanks Duvva mate.

Hopefully the rain will have dried up ahead of the walk to the ground tonight but it could be soggy on the pitch, we'll have had a lot of rain over the last few days before kick off.

What the fuck to make of our current injuries eh, it's probable we'll have a decent starting 11 (depending on your outlook of a couple of players) but with very little experience or fire power off the bench except Joe Gomez. It's a worry.
Based on the current status...
Diaz, Gakpo & Elliot upfront?
Gravenberch, Mac Allister & Endo in MF?

I fear we'll concede so I'll have that 2-1 win right now thank you very much. If its 3-1, we'll be a happy crowd who might not have suffered a nail-biting, anxious last 10 mins.

Up the fucking Reds, lets make some noise.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2024, 07:37:05 am »
I’d rather we win tonight than win Sunday but I’m also not Confident in our medical staff’s ability to discern whether a player should be playing so I hope we’re very cautious with Darwin and Salah if there’s any reason to be.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2024, 07:41:29 am »
We're going to penalties in the final, bet on it. Ivan Toney will. 

We then sacrifice the FA Cup and paly a team  with 11 kids.
My sons free that week
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2024, 08:05:54 am »
Thanks Duvva mate.

Hopefully the rain will have dried up ahead of the walk to the ground tonight but it could be soggy on the pitch, we'll have had a lot of rain over the last few days before kick off.

What the fuck to make of our current injuries eh, it's probable we'll have a decent starting 11 (depending on your outlook of a couple of players) but with very little experience or fire power off the bench except Joe Gomez. It's a worry.
Based on the current status...
Diaz, Gakpo & Elliot upfront?
Gravenberch, Mac Allister & Endo in MF?

I fear we'll concede so I'll have that 2-1 win right now thank you very much. If its 3-1, we'll be a happy crowd who might not have suffered a nail-biting, anxious last 10 mins.

Up the fucking Reds, lets make some noise.

They're missing Elijah Adebayo who's their leading scorer this season as well as two defenders.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2024, 08:24:32 am »
Adebayo is a huge miss for Luton as their main game plan is basically Brentford on steroids, with Doughty doing a pretty convincing Robbo impression. Their lack of depth hurt them Sunday with Woodrow being a League 1 player at best (so he’ll score tonight). They give up a lot of chances so it’s a good opportunity for Gakpo who is clinical when he gets chances but doesn’t always get involved as much as he should.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2024, 08:54:01 am »
Is there anything beyond rumor about Salah? - I’m slow on the news, people talking like he’s out or has an issue

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2024, 08:55:40 am »
Is there anything beyond rumor about Salah? - I’m slow on the news, people talking like he’s out or has an issue

‘It is day by day with Mo,’ confirmed Klopp. ‘It’s a similar area where he feels it a little bit. We have to see how it develops. It’s nothing crazy, we have to see.’

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2024, 08:56:07 am »
‘It is day by day with Mo,’ confirmed Klopp. ‘It’s a similar area where he feels it a little bit. We have to see how it develops. It’s nothing crazy, we have to see.’

Thanks 👍

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2024, 09:19:43 am »
Whoever we pick we’ll probably be picking 10-11 players who are better than their Luton counterparts. That’s with carrying 10-11 injuries.

It doesn’t mean we’ll win or things will be easy. Far from it. But we should still be favourites to win.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of Quansah, Tsimikas, Gomez, McConnell, Clark and Gordon start tonight. Don’t think it’ll be all of them starting but wouldn’t be surprised to see 3 or 4 of those in the 1st XI. I have a feeling there might be a start for 1 of McConnell , Gordon or Clark.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2024, 09:25:31 am »
Should have enough to beat these tonight, even with the full team of injuries we have

Kelleher
Bradley Konate VVD Robbo
Grav Endo Mac
Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Enough there to beat them definitely. Will be more difficult and we won't have much to call upon from the bench but that XI is enough. Just get through tonight and get as many people back for Sunday (that's the bigger game by far)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2024, 09:25:45 am »
Whoever we pick we’ll probably be picking 10-11 players who are better than their Luton counterparts. That’s with carrying 10-11 injuries.

It doesn’t mean we’ll win or things will be easy. Far from it. But we should still be favourites to win.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of Quansah, Tsimikas, Gomez, McConnell, Clark and Gordon start tonight. Don’t think it’ll be all of them starting but wouldn’t be surprised to see 3 or 4 of those in the 1st XI. I have a feeling there might be a start for 1 of McConnell , Gordon or Clark.

I can’t see any of those three starting. They may come on if we have a lead.

Konate shouldn’t be starting tonight and I would also play the two FBs who won’t start Final.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:27:24 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2024, 09:42:56 am »

I feel like he’ll at the least he in the bench in case of emergency. But obviously that’s a guess.

Thanks for reading my views.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2024, 10:09:52 am »
If we have:

VVD, Konate/Quansah, Gomez, Robbo, Endo, Mac, Gakpo, Diaz all starting, we have more than enough to beat these.

I'm expecting Gravenbech to start and I reckon he'll have a good game.

Lots of defeatism in the injury thread but we have to take one game at a time, and we have enough to win this and Sunday.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2024, 10:09:57 am »
Cody Gakpo cost twice as much as the entire Luton Town squad. I know football doesn't work like that but we should be beating these comfortably with an injury crisis or no injury crisis.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2024, 10:18:11 am »

The problem with injuries is not only that we have to use slightly worse players, but that we always play with a new team. It takes time for players to get used to each other. Its part of the reason why we start slowly in many games

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2024, 10:23:42 am »
Should have enough to beat these tonight, even with the full team of injuries we have

Kelleher
Bradley Konate VVD Robbo
Grav Endo Mac
Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Enough there to beat them definitely. Will be more difficult and we won't have much to call upon from the bench but that XI is enough. Just get through tonight and get as many people back for Sunday (that's the bigger game by far)

Yeah, think that's the team. Reckon if we manage to go ahead by two goals, we'll sub all our attacker for Gomez, Quansah, and Tsimikas, and try to shut up shop.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2024, 10:49:24 am »
Gomez surely starts tonight considering he didn't play at weekend.

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2024, 10:54:01 am »
Gomez surely starts tonight considering he didn't play at weekend.

Back 4 will probably be Gomez, Quansah, VVD and Tsimikas. Can’t ask Robbo to play another 60-70. Bring on Robbo and Bradley if we’re chasing a goal. Midfield 3 of Mac, Endo and Elliot, Gakpo, Diaz and Gordon maybe. I imagine one of Salah or Nunez will be on the bench.

A horrible 1-0 win similar to Watford away (Can overhead) will suffice due to the dire straights were in.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2024, 10:54:47 am »
What time will the team leak?  ::)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2024, 11:06:54 am »
Cody Gakpo cost twice as much as the entire Luton Town squad. I know football doesn't work like that but we should be beating these comfortably with an injury crisis or no injury crisis.

Made a point similar to this before. Of course that guarantees us nothing but I also agree with the comment above about all our rotational players being better than their counterparts. They've had less rest after an intense game on Sunday and are missing a couple of key men. Home advantage too. We should be able to make it count even if its messy. Give us a goal Cody, and save a little something for Sunday too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2024, 11:11:15 am »
Need to play Bradley in my view. We are missing a bit of dash without dom, and potentially Darwin and mo

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2024, 11:13:26 am »
What time will the team leak?  ::)
Was leaked on the previous page.. Koumas and Danns starting tonight supported by the tea lady.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2024, 11:38:55 am »
Was leaked on the previous page.. Koumas and Danns starting tonight supported by the tea lady.

One of the 4000 ways to win

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2024, 11:39:42 am »

Tea lady's done her ACL according to Joyce.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2024, 11:47:42 am »
Limited edition shirts tonight

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2024, 11:51:45 am »
Kelleher
Bradley Konate VVD Robertson
Endo McAllister Gravenberch
Salah Gakpo Diaz

3-1
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2024, 11:53:11 am »
1-0 Danns 95'

And please no more fucking injuries, gonna be agony when our players get crunched wondering if they'll get back up properly.

Oh fuck, Ross Barkley, injury guaranteed for us then.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2024, 11:54:06 am »
Sat (early) - Wed night - Sun afternoon.

Fatigue is not going to be an issue tonight and anyone in our squad who is not actually injured should be able to play these 3 games at 100% intensity. I am pretty sure if Klopp was given a choice he would gladly play a game every 4 days rather than one a week. Its when it gets to every 3 days that he starts cutting up rough, and rightly so.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2024, 11:57:08 am »
Sat (early) - Wed night - Sun afternoon.

Fatigue is not going to be an issue tonight and anyone in our squad who is not actually injured should be able to play these 3 games at 100% intensity. I am pretty sure if Klopp was given a choice he would gladly play a game every 4 days rather than one a week. Its when it gets to every 3 days that he starts cutting up rough, and rightly so.

exactly rest players v Southampton who are also likely to have their eyes on another prize
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2024, 12:08:19 pm »
I was despondent when I saw that Grav and Gakpo were starting against Arsenal as they don't tend to impose themselves on games at this stage in their careers and so it proved.

I think they are both potentially very talented but can allow themselves to be dominated. I need better body language from them, more confidence in their ability. It's almost like a combination of fight and game intelligence and both can dip a bit on both aspects.

I understand that game time and rhythm can affect these factors too, so hoping both show confidence if given an opportunity tonight, and that they perform well.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2024, 12:54:15 pm »
I was despondent when I saw that Grav and Gakpo were starting against Arsenal as they don't tend to impose themselves on games at this stage in their careers and so it proved.

I think they are both potentially very talented but can allow themselves to be dominated. I need better body language from them, more confidence in their ability. It's almost like a combination of fight and game intelligence and both can dip a bit on both aspects.

I understand that game time and rhythm can affect these factors too, so hoping both show confidence if given an opportunity tonight, and that they perform well.

I agree, I don't think the pair of them are suited to high intensity games. They've both looked best when there's not as much pressure on the midfield, unlike at Arsenal. This sort of game I think will suit them.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2024, 12:57:55 pm »
To still be able to call up Gravenberch, Elliott and Gakpo to the starting 11 with all these injuries is pretty impressive.  Gravenberch and Gakpo have been a bit hit and miss this season but you can't blame them when they haven't had a chance to play themselves into any form in a settled team.  Great chance for them to step up this week.
What are you on, Gakpo hit and miss? I dont understand everyones obsession with slating Gakpo. Maybe its because he plays second fiddle to Nunez, and Diaz but Gakpo has been a huge contributor and has not had 1 stinker this season. He has 7 goal contributions in 10 starts and is arguably one of the most technical players in the squad. He averages a goal contribution every 97 minutes. Gakpo will play tonight and score.
Seen us win everything

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2024, 01:02:19 pm »
So maybe this. And then Bradley, Konate, and hopefully Salah and Nunez, coming in for the cup final.

Kelleher

Gomez          Quansah         van Djik          Robertson

Mac Allister          Endo          Gravenberch

Elliott          Gakpo          Diaz