Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Luton Town, Anfield, Wed 21 Feb 19:30 KO  (Read 17376 times)

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Luton Town, Anfield, Wed 21 Feb 19:30 KO
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2024, 09:53:16 pm »
That's fine if binning other trophies guarantees that we'll win the league. Can you guaranteed that atm?

Does resting players tomorrow guarantee we win on Sunday?

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2024, 09:54:32 pm »
our odds have dropped with the bookies perhaps indicates injuries not as bad as rumoured

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2024, 09:55:24 pm »
Does resting players tomorrow guarantee we win on Sunday?
No but it goves us a better chance. It's just ONE game to win something which would be a boost.

The league is 14 games. We're not Arsenal.

"Oh, it's good that we're out of this competition because we can focus on the league". They still didn't win it.

Virg is desperate to lift his first trophy as LFC captain and the new players need it as well. It will help a lot.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 09:58:06 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2024, 09:59:11 pm »
Tomorrow's game is more important.

Chelsea will have had a week to prepare for us anyway. And we don;t do easy finals.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2024, 10:01:38 pm »
Maybe, start Clark for this one.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2024, 10:01:45 pm »
Alisson now confirmed out for 6 weeks.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2024, 10:01:47 pm »
Great OP Duuva,
Excited for this. Will be interesting to see how this managed with lineups

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2024, 10:02:09 pm »
That's fine if binning other trophies guarantees that we'll win the league. Can you guaranteed that atm?

No, but you have to give yourself that chance.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2024, 10:02:44 pm »
No but it goves us a better chance. It's just ONE game to win something which would be a boost.

The league is 14 games. We're not Arsenal.

"Oh, it's good that we're out of this competition because we can focus on the league". They still didn't win it.

Virg is desperate to lift his first trophy as LFC captain and the new players need it as well. It will help a lot.

Yes, but playing our best players in the league gives us a better chance of winning that too. We’ve seen enough times going head to head with city in a run in that you need to be near perfect. So I think we need to win all of our home games left to have a chance.

I’d like to see us go strong as possible tomorrow, get a lead and hope to take players off / rest on the ball rather than chasing a late winner.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2024, 10:03:25 pm »
Spidey senses are telling me another injury tomorrow.

We have undoubtedly the worlds strongest injured 11.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2024, 10:05:44 pm »
No, but you have to give yourself that chance.
You become a winner by winning things. The likes of Mac, Szobo, Grav, Bradley haven't won anything with us and Virg/Trent need their first trophy.

Win that and it takes a bit of pressure off and reinforces the belief of some players. That's why we tend to win another trophy/reach another final when we win the league cup.

If you've won nothing then you can't be taking smaller trophies for granted. I'm happy that the players don't have the mentality here. Szobo for example wants to win it all.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2024, 10:09:40 pm »
You become a winner by winning things. The likes of Mac, Szobo, Grav, Bradley haven't won anything with us and Virg/Trent need their first trophy.

Win that and it takes a bit of pressure off and reinforces the belief of some players. That's why we tend to win another trophy/reach another final when we win the league cup.

If you've won nothing then you can't be taking smaller trophies for granted. I'm happy that the players don't have the mentality here. Szobo for example wants to win it all.

There are always going to be players who have won nothing, that’s the nature of transfers and new players. A lot of players have won all the trophies here and the fact is we are losing the main reason we have been successful and that’s the manager.

We are in a great position in the league and everything needs to be geared towards that. Frankly, I couldn’t care about either the Europa, League cup or FA Cup over the league. The only trophy equal or greater than the league is the CL.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2024, 10:11:23 pm »

I’d rather not rest players tomorrow just so they can play Sunday instead if that is indeed a possibility.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2024, 10:12:56 pm »
Spidey senses are telling me another injury tomorrow.

We have undoubtedly the worlds strongest injured 11.

Correct but fortunately we have an uninjured 11 that are too strong for Luton.  Need the full backing of 60000 for every game now.  2-0 win and hopefully no more injuries.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2024, 10:13:59 pm »
There are always going to be players who have won nothing, that’s the nature of transfers and new players. A lot of players have won all the trophies here and the fact is we are losing the main reason we have been successful and that’s the manager.

We are in a great position in the league and everything needs to be geared towards that. Frankly, I couldn’t care about either the Europa, League cup or FA Cup over the league. The only trophy equal or greater than the league is the CL.
Our spine comprises of young lads and players that haven't won anything with us. The experience matters lot.

This "Play the kids in the Europa League" or "Europa is not important" mentality is very Arsenal indeed. If they'd actually won something last year, they'd be in a better position going forward in terms of handling pressure.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2024, 10:14:39 pm »
I’d rather not rest players tomorrow just so they can play Sunday instead if that is indeed a possibility.
With Alisson, TAA, Szbozlai, Jones, Jota and Darwin out there’s no chance we rest anyone tomorrow. Who would we even rest?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2024, 10:15:52 pm »
Our spine comprises of young lads and players that haven't won anything with us. The experience matters lot.

This "Play the kids in the Europa League" or "Europa is not important" mentality is very Arsenal indeed. If they'd actually won something last year, they'd be in a better position going forward in terms of handling pressure.
It wouldn't make a difference in the same way that winning the FA Cup a few years back made no difference for them

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2024, 10:16:40 pm »

Oh yeah that FA Cup would have really helped them in the league last season.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2024, 10:18:25 pm »
With Alisson, TAA, Szbozlai, Jones, Jota and Darwin out there’s no chance we rest anyone tomorrow. Who would we even rest?

I think you play McConnel along with Grav and one of Endo / Mac.
As Elliot will play with Gakpo and Diaz.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2024, 10:20:54 pm »
We need Gravy to turn into Gullit for one week.

We need Gakpo to turn into van Basten for one week.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2024, 10:20:57 pm »

Yep, but I’d rather McConnell gets the final.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2024, 10:22:31 pm »
It wouldn't make a difference in the same way that winning the FA Cup a few years back made no difference for them
They are a very good team that's only lacking the winning experience. Their best team in a decades. We'll see in the run-in anyway.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2024, 10:25:08 pm »
Salah’s out too?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2024, 10:26:31 pm »
Salah’s out too?

Sounds like we are still nursing him back.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2024, 10:30:29 pm »
Sounds like we are still nursing him back.

The issue we will have for tomorrow and Sunday is who do we bring on if need to change things?
Our bench will be kids.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2024, 10:31:11 pm »
If Nunez and Salah are out, hopefully we will see something of Koumas. He's a live wire.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2024, 10:37:51 pm »
Both Mo Salah and Darwin Nunez are serious doubts to face Luton Town tomorrow and will be continually assessed in the build-up to Sunday’s final with Chelsea. [@_pauljoyce]

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2024, 10:38:12 pm »
If Nunez and Salah are out, hopefully we will see something of Koumas. He's a live wire.

That’s why he’s in the rumoured team.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2024, 10:40:50 pm »
Both Mo Salah and Darwin Nunez are serious doubts to face Luton Town tomorrow and will be continually assessed in the build-up to Sunday’s final with Chelsea. [@_pauljoyce]
Set pieces are key in both boxes, we'll get a lot of corners and we have to do something tangible with them.

Given that the final can potentially be a 120 minute game, I understand the caution.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:48:30 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2024, 10:44:09 pm »

Some wriggle room in defence. I think you could rest Konate for Quansah. Could even play one or both of Tsimikas and Gomez at full back if we felt a bit if the weekend’s back four needed a rest. We’ll be making a load of changes anyway, what’s one or two more.

For those who really want the league more than anything, if we can limp through tomorrow, get the win, it’s then 10 days before our next League game by which time you’d hope at least two of Mo, Darwin and Szboszlai will be back. Then a European first leg we may be able to rest a few in ready for a mighty push against City. Then a couple of weeks to take a breath and hope other teams’ players get injured on international duty.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2024, 10:46:34 pm »
That’s why he’s in the rumoured team.

Has the team been leaked again?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2024, 10:46:39 pm »
Some wriggle room in defence. I think you could rest Konate for Quansah. Could even play one or both of Tsimikas and Gomez at full back if we felt a bit if the weekend’s back four needed a rest. We’ll be making a load of changes anyway, what’s one or two more.

For those who really want the league more than anything, if we can limp through tomorrow, get the win, it’s then 10 days before our next League game by which time you’d hope at least two of Mo, Darwin and Szboszlai will be back. Then a European first leg we may be able to rest a few in ready for a mighty push against City. Then a couple of weeks to take a breath and hope other teams’ players get injured on international duty.

Yes the league schedule isn’t terrible but when you have a cup final in there then that’s where it gets tricky. That’s the concern really, the fact that there will be pressure to play the best players on Sunday.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2024, 10:48:46 pm »
Yes the league schedule isn’t terrible but when you have a cup final in there then that’s where it gets tricky. That’s the concern really, the fact that there will be pressure to play the best players on Sunday.

Yeah it’s a tricky one and I hope no one slates Jurgen for whatever decision he goes for. Sort of feel like you just have to take things one day at a time and see how things progress but at the same time he must be looking one or two games ahead and trying to work out who he needs for those games. No wonder he needs a break.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2024, 10:50:57 pm »
We're going to penalties in the final, bet on it. Ivan Toney will. 

We then sacrifice the FA Cup and paly a team  with 11 kids.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2024, 10:50:58 pm »
Has the team been leaked again?
Don’t believe this one, it’s an u21 front 3.

Would be lovely if for once, we start like a train and the game is done at half time. Would be lovely to be able to manage minutes and legs in the second half.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2024, 10:53:48 pm »
Yeah it’s a tricky one and I hope no one slates Jurgen for whatever decision he goes for. Sort of feel like you just have to take things one day at a time and see how things progress but at the same time he must be looking one or two games ahead and trying to work out who he needs for those games. No wonder he needs a break.

If Nunez and Salah have issues now then it’s more likely that they make the final than tomorrow. Personally I think if it’s this touch and go then they shouldn’t get either game. I know Klopp is saying it’s a day to day thing and I am not a physio but surely if someone feels pain one day and isn’t feeling it as much in the following days, then it still seems too risky to play them?

With hamstring issues we are told they are either injured or not and it’s quite clearly at least two weeks as a recovery period and higher depending on the severity.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2024, 10:56:19 pm »
Time to introduce the future front three Kloppo, Unleash:

Kone-Doherty
Koumas
Danns

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2024, 10:58:38 pm »
Wonder if Bradley might play RW? He's played there before for us.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2024, 12:03:19 am »
Leaked team doing the rounds

Kelleher
Kostas
Quansah
VVD
Gomez