Author Topic: Arsenal 1 Liverpool 1 - Half time thread  (Read 6200 times)

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
Re: Half time thread
« Reply #80 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:09 pm »
Nunez Elliot and possibly Thiago on.

Expect Robertson at some stage with Joe on a yellow.

Get Nunez to run at Ben White his on a yellow.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:13 pm »
Arsenal played the game of their lives that half, really should’ve made it count for more. Not convinced with our midfield

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:18 pm »
Nunez on please, and Grav is no substitute for Szob.
Had a good break now we need to capitalise, weird to say but I miss Bradley's work rate.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #84 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:21 pm »
Well shit, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. We've been awful with credit to the arse for making it so hard for us.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #85 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:24 pm »
Zero shots on target and 1-1 😁
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:26 pm »
We got better when Jones went deeper. But Gravenberch really is letting the game go by. Nunez and Elliot please.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:28 pm »
I like Gakpo but he doesn;t scare anyone. Get Darwin on ASAP for fucks sakes.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:29 pm »
We need to pull the finger out.. I trust Jurgen to sort it out..

Our goal at the end can either galvanize them to come out and really go for it as they will feel wronged and aggrieved to be going into the dressing room all square.. Or the the goal will play on their minds and we will score a couple in the second half..

Gravenberch and Gakpo off for Nunez and Elliot please..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
Re: Half time: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
« Reply #89 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:31 pm »
Arsenal have played like a team who have to win today, hopefully we will make some adjustments early in the second half as we need better balance.

Arteta's over the top celebration suggests that to me too. It's not like Arsenal to get all worked up early either...

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #90 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:32 pm »
Mac has been fantastic, but hes so alone at CM. Gravenberch is so slow

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #91 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:38 pm »
Arsenal were really up for it in thaat half, not helped by us being a little weak in midfield. No protection really for Trent so Martinelli has far too much space and he is very quick.
Ironically as well as Arsenal have played, their goal was fortunate coming back off Ali to a 'just' onside Saka.

We really miss Szobo's energy and drive and Nunez stretching them (and obvs Salah), But 1-1 at half time is good, not re-organise, control a bit more of the game and get Nunez on to stretch them. But we need to block Martinelli more.

Commentary is horrific, how many times in 3 minutes can you mention we haven't had a short on target and the voice or Neville when we scored. Could he sounds any more disappointed!

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:40 pm »
Lucky, but take it. Fantastic spirit from Diaz there.

Gravenberch has a lot of talent, but needs a lot of work and this isn’t game for him. I’d be tempted for Nunez on and go 424, or Robbo on, move Gomez RB and Trent into midfield.

If Thiago has minutes in him, he great to have him on for last 15 mins so we’re controlling game, not them.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #93 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:41 pm »
Technically 1 nil to the Arsenal
2-0 surely!

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:42 pm »
Arsenal ran themselves into the ground that half. We win this 3 or 4-2 when the chaos comes on.  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #95 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:42 pm »
We hadn't turned up really and somehow we are level. Arsenal have played into our hands to be honest. I thought they would keep the pressure on and continue to press high up the pitch but they've done the opposite. They've all dropped off and tried to kill the spaces making it hard for us to create. It has worked on one level but it's at least given us time to slowly work our selves back into the game.

We have to improve though as they are going to come back of their shells to break forward again.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Half time: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
« Reply #96 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:46 pm »
Yeah it's baffling, even more baffling when we are already missing Salah.

If we're still in the game though when he comes on it'll look like a masterstroke. Arsenal will shit themselves.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:49 pm »
Undeserved but we take it. Awful performance. Gomez, Grav and the ref having a competition to see who can be Arsenal’s MOTM
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #98 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:52 pm »
Antony Taylor as shite as expected.

We haven't really started well, but we always play better second half.

Hopefully we'll step it up and Nunez will grab a hat-trick

Had the commentary on for a change - how gutted was ratboy after the goal - never said a word for about a minute.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:52 pm »
we'll end up with 0 goals on target and score 3 goals

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Re: Half time thread - don’t use this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:58 pm »
Sheer graft from a few lads got us back in the match. Not much finesse from Diaz today but he's throwing himself all over the place that has got us back in it.

As poor as we've been, we haven't been utterly dominated.

Lads dealt with what was thrown at them well, now regroup, maybe get Nunez on the pitch and win this thing.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 4, 2024, 05:24:59 pm »
Good of the ref to book White for time wasting, considering how slow they'd be taking throw ins even before they scored.

Be nice if there was a bit more consistency on what constitutes a foul though. Gakpo pushed and pulled - nothing.
Martinelli gets a shoulder barge - foul. Diaz gets a hand in the chest - nothing.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:00 pm »
Nice to see that shithouse’s usual tactics bite him in the arse, and brilliant from Lucho to force it 🫶

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #103 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:01 pm »
be nice to see some of our players get stuck in.

Lacking that bit of pace upfront. Apart from that I think we looked nervy and Arsenal after they scored looked a bit nervy.

If we can keep it at 1-1 then I think we might nick it but expect Arsenal to come out pressing for first 15-20 minutes
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #104 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:03 pm »
Was that worse than the FA cup first half?

It definitely was.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #105 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:08 pm »
I have a go at Darwin’s finishing all the time, but we’re really missing his presence here. Front three are toothless which is so rare for us.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #106 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:14 pm »
The scoreline absolutely flatters us. Need to fix that right side. I would bring on Harvey for Grav at half time. He's been too patchy in that half and we need more energy in midfield.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:14 pm »
Horrible half from us. Bradley and Nunez obvious misses.
Szobo too. Grav just not there yet. Pretty bad luck to have all unavailable right before key game. Shame it's no doubt too early for a substantial Thiago cameo as exactly what we need.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:17 pm »
Gakpo has, unsurprisingly, awful. Trent had a dodgy moment as did VVD and we are very lucky to be level. The ball in from Gravy was fucking brilliant and deserved a goal, but it was a poor first touch from Diaz, but he never gave up and battles and that OG happened. Robbo possibly on as Gomez is on a yellow and you know their tactic will be to get Saka running at him. And Nunez on please.

Not sure why some people are calling Gravy as out of his depth - created the goal, and twice got fooled by rice but Taylor ignored. He has been ok (Mac Allister has been giving the ball away more)

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:18 pm »
Not starting Nunez was a mistake I think. Need his pace against this Arsenal backline.
Other than that - I think we will start overpowering them as the second half progresses.

3-1 win for us. Second before the 60-minute mark and the third at around 85.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:19 pm »
Need a bit of luck
Actually the hand of God!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:20 pm »

Took their best punch and we’re still level. We’ll get stronger now especially with Nunez and Elliott to come on.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:26 pm »
We have zero individual threat up top at the moment. Arsenal are defending with the knowledge that our players are unlikely to hurt them in behind, compressing space and making the likes of Diaz and Gakpo have to play 1v2 or more. The spacing to the midfield isn't ideal either as both Gravenberch and Curtis are a little further out, which helps them get more bodies around Diaz and Gakpo to avoid 1v1s. We're extraordinarily lucky to be going in 1-1.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:28 pm »
What a strike will be in the goal of the month comp 😂

Gravy not ready to start these sort of games.

Just a bizarre signing. He's not exactly a Klopp midfielder. There is time for him to improve. But after a good start he hasn't kicked on at all.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:30 pm »

Fair play to Arsenal, they were much better and caused us loads of problems, we didn’t create anything

second half i expect to see a few changes and it should be much more equal

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #115 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:42 pm »
Grav and Gakpo completely anonymous and we're constantly giving the ball to Virg to try and create from the back which is getting us nowhere.

However we are still right in this game, and Arsenal for all their might are surely bound to tire soon enough. I would unleash Darwin sooner rather than later and get him to change the game.

Have faith reds
YNWA - JFT97

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #116 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:42 pm »
Trent doesnt look fit to start. Very passive

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:45 pm »
Lucky be level, once again we couldn’t handle their high pressing. Get Darwin on and Robbo on move Trent into midfield and start putting balls in behind like the cup game and we’ll have them.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #118 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:46 pm »
Why does Ben White take about 1 minute for every throw? It wasn't as if he was time wasting, its right from the start, every time?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 4, 2024, 05:25:47 pm »
We've been here many times before this season, a low intensity start while the opposition throw everything at us and press harder than they've pressed before. Despite all that it's 1-1 with some big names to come off the bench still. Unless they get an early goal in the second half I think the momentum will shift our way.