Author Topic: FAC:Liv 5vs2 Nor Jones 15’ Gib 22’ Nuñez 28’ Jota 53’ VVD63’ Sainz 69’ Grav 90+5  (Read 8693 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Come on Redmen!!
I am writing this just after our draw against Fulham that has got us to Wembley to play Chelsea in the League Cup final.
So, on Sunday we are back to the FA Cup after our win against Arsenal in early January.
I asked to do this op because I lived near Norwich for nearly thirty years before moving back home. My daughters were brought up Reds and both live in Liverpool now, but still speak with a bit of a Norfolk drawl!
Some stats for you, over the years we have beaten them 41 times, drawn 15 times and lost 14 times.
My first trip to Carrow Rd was to watch us lose 1-0 in May 1993, but over the years our record against them was great and I was able to witness two Suarez hat tricks and a 5-4 as well as a close win in 2014 when we thought we were going to win the league. It is OK being known as a Red in Norwich 👍.
At home, their memorable game was beating us on the last match in front of the standing Kop. They have not beaten us since!
The last time we played them was two years ago in the FA Cup and we won 2-1 in an uncomfortable game before we went on to win the trophy. Taki scored both our goals.
Norwich are eighth this season in the Championship on 41 points after 29 matches and have a +2 goal difference having lost 1-0 to Leeds tonight. Their manager is Jurgen’s mate, David Wagner.
We ought to win this and I will be at Anfield hoping to see us do so. What team we play is the only reason for any concern as we are at home to twelve man Chelsea next Wednesday night.
I expect Virgil, Gomez, McAllister and Nunez to start on the bench. We have Trent, Robbo and Szoboszlai coming back, do they start?
I assume Allison will be back in goal and expect to see Quansah and Konate as centre backs. Not sure who the full backs will be, could be Beck and Chambers starting and Trent and Robbo to come on, or the reverse.
Midfield likely to be Jones as the six, Elliott and either Dom, Clark or Gravenberch and I think it will be Jota, Gakpo and Gordon up front.
Difficult to predict, based on who did ninety today, thoughts?
Norwich have a lively lad called Rowe we need to be aware of as well as Sargent, who scored against us last time.
Pretty sure we will win and hope we use this to manage the return of those who were injured effectively. Expect Jota will be decisive.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 04:23:54 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FAC: Liverpool vs Norwich
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 01:41:10 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 01:41:41 pm »
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 02:30:45 pm »
A highly emotional YNWA rings out across anfeld
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 02:31:13 pm »
0 We’re underway, the reds attacking the Annie road end in the first half
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 02:32:51 pm »
2 early corner after we pinch the ball.

They clear
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 02:33:46 pm »
Brilliant press from McConnell to win the ball on the run up to that first corner
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2024, 02:36:03 pm »
5 lots of pressure around their area form the reds.

Eventually Gomez flashes one just wide form the edge of the area… no, it’s a corner

Goes behind for goal kick
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2024, 02:38:27 pm »
8 Jota to the byline, Gravenberch crosses to the back post and Gakpo fires over…
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2024, 02:40:58 pm »
10 Norwich give it away, Nunez pounces and his curled effort comes back off the post.

Unlucky that
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2024, 02:42:43 pm »
12 play spread wide left to Gakpo, he accelerates into the area and his shot goes wide but took a touch so it’s a corner.

They clear with ease.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2024, 02:45:07 pm »
14 Norwich attack ! But it comes to nothing…

Then this gives the reds the space to break, Jota on the left curls a cross for Nunez and he’s a gnat’s chuff away from getting contact on it.

W

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2024, 02:46:04 pm »
What a ball that was! He's started really well to be fair

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2024, 02:46:17 pm »
15 1-0.

Cross by McConnell to the back post. Jones is there to head back acorss goal and score!
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: FAC: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Norwich Jones 15’
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2024, 02:46:44 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2024, 02:47:59 pm »
16 McConnell has really started well, he pushed a lovely ball through to Nunez in the box and Norwich just about deal with it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2024, 02:49:01 pm »
Jones now has more goals and assists in this season than the entire midfield last season.

Think on that!
W

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2024, 02:49:07 pm »
15 1-0.

Cross by McConnell to the back post. Jones is there to head back acorss goal and score!

Cool as a cucumber

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2024, 02:49:18 pm »
18 We are pressing really well at the moment, Norwich struggling to get out of their half at all.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2024, 02:51:19 pm »
19 We win the ball really high up there, but Jones runs into a couple of defenders and then they break. But it's dealt with.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2024, 02:51:25 pm »
McConnell reminds me of Stevie G in his younger days when he first broke into the side, with his running style at least

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2024, 02:52:20 pm »
21 Norwich win a couple of corners and put it in on the second attempt. Not well defended 1-1.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2024, 02:52:29 pm »
Oh dear.

Damn

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: FAC: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Norwich Jones 15’
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2024, 02:52:56 pm »
Scruffy goal which we didn't deal very well with

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: FAC: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Norwich Jones 15’ Gibson 22’
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2024, 02:53:34 pm »
22 We were just very slow to react there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2024, 02:54:46 pm »
23 We are into a careless stage at the moment, gave the ball away and Norwich come away with the ball but the shot goes straight into Alisson's hands.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
Re: FAC: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Norwich Jones 15’
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2024, 02:54:57 pm »
Well, that should liven things up a bit at least.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2024, 02:56:46 pm »
25 We have a long move there, bringing it over to the side before Gomez hits a cross in but Jota cannot direct it on target.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2024, 02:58:27 pm »
Worragoal

Gol, gol, gol

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: FAC: Liverpool 2 vs 1 Norwich Jones 15’ Gibson 22’ Nuñez 28’
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2024, 02:58:31 pm »
Well that’s some football
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2024, 02:59:19 pm »
27 We manage to retain the ball and finally Nunez manages to find the net, a really nice move.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2024, 02:59:27 pm »
Brilliant from Connor that, lovely 1-2 with Jota and a great finish from Darwin! Cracking goal

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2024, 03:00:19 pm »
Norwich have an interesting set up, they're not afraid to take chances, it has to be said.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:04 pm »

27 We manage to retain the ball and finally Nunez manages to find the net, a really nice move.
That was as clinical a finish as you’ll see. Methinks Darwin had found his groove.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 03:03:26 pm by Rush 82 »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:31 pm »
Trent who?
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:32 pm »
30 We earn a corner and Gakpo tries a low pass along the ground, but Norwich clear the ball.

Over to Sir Bob.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:44 pm »
Oh Cody

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2024, 03:02:04 pm »
Can we not have someone else on corner kicks? ;D

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2024, 03:02:51 pm »
31 How isn’t it 3-1? Great move, cut back from Bradley and Gakpo somehow puts it wide from five yards. We have another opportunity inside the six yard box but again we can’t score.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan