Author Topic: YOUR Favourite Klopp moments and memories  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
YOUR Favourite Klopp moments and memories
« on: January 27, 2024, 06:14:14 pm »
We have a few months left with our boss who has taken us on this fantastic journey! There have been so many great moments, so much joy, excitement, anticipation and some heart breaks but the journey has been a blast and it has been a privilege to witness it and be part of it. No doubt we will have a lot more moments and memories made this season too with hopefully yet another trophy parade. But as we move on to another chapter and a new journey with Liverpool 2.0 what have been your favourite memories and moments of the Klopp era? When I started thinking about it, I realised there have been so many highlights that it is difficult pick out a single favourite but here are a few of mine:-

The Normal One! I thought this guy is going to fit right in with us nutters!  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t1KlAmhWdME" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t1KlAmhWdME</a>

95TH MINUTE WINNER! | Norwich 4-5 Liverpool. We still weren't very good at that stage but you could see the mentality developing.

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/2454506

European Classic: Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BMNnj2gkzeI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BMNnj2gkzeI</a>

Liverpool vs Barcelona (4-0) | Epic Comeback Completed At Anfield | UEFA Champions League Highlights
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/7HldRlTZj_g?si=_JbbXe7jcJKoTM8W" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/7HldRlTZj_g?si=_JbbXe7jcJKoTM8W</a>

Champions League parade 2019
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gacPPlCxxxA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gacPPlCxxxA</a>

Mane scores last-minute winner | Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/YdFKNBzQ_Ic?si=P3zIRgjE6lQrbVub" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/YdFKNBzQ_Ic?si=P3zIRgjE6lQrbVub</a>

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: YOUR Favourite Klopp moments and memories
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 06:21:49 pm »
When he ran into the pitch in the derby.. that was brilliant
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 06:24:52 pm »
Ulla standing on the bin.

Klopp losing his glasses.

Klopp spangled holding up 6 fingers.

The 4-3 v's Barcelona, I don't think I'll ever see anything as magical in my life.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 06:25:10 pm »
This is gonna be a fun thread.

One that always sticks out from the early part of his reign is the 'That's football' moment against Hoffenheim. The goal was beautiful but I've linked Klopp's reaction to it below:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/272968-that-s-football-watch-jurgen-celebrate-reds-brilliant-third-goal
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 06:29:05 pm »
In the tea room at (was it??) Exeter giving his post match press conference

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 06:48:02 pm »

The 4-3 v's Barcelona, I don't think I'll ever see anything as magical in my life.

I wish we had a photo of Ulla in the away end, I bet that was ace.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 06:49:08 pm »
Yet to come I think.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 06:50:57 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 06:53:16 pm »
Ulla on the bin.
Pouring beer over Brewster's head.
Almost falling off the bus.
The Norwich celebration.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 07:23:52 pm »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2024, 07:28:40 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2024, 07:32:57 pm »
In the tea room at (was it??) Exeter giving his post match press conference

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zyQy9LCNdqM

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2024, 07:35:48 pm »
Loved the video that he and the club put out after we won the league. A beautiful message brilliantly delivered at a difficult time.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2024, 07:36:16 pm »
When he came out with that self-deprecating dig at Mourinho "I'm just the normal one" at his unveiling. I knew then.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 07:52:00 pm »
A friend of a friend lives on Victoria Road in Freshfield. They have a young child. The little fella sometimes wanders up to the gates at the front of the drive but is told not to talk to strangers.

On a couple of occasions he's seen talking to someone on the other side of the gates. Mum says "we've told you not to talk to strangers". Little man says " He's not a stranger, he's my friend Kloppy."

Turns out, Jürgen would stop to chat to him if he was passing.

It'll always stick in my memory. The guy has time for anyone and everyone. It wasn't even my own experience that I'm sharing here, but it's something I can't forget. Priceless moments between the great man and the little fella. He'll grow up knowing the great Jürgen Klopp used to chat to him.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 07:57:18 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2024, 09:03:22 pm »
ADRIANNN! Like Rocky!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2024, 09:40:19 pm »

This one?? I really hope we win the UEFA cup this year, the parade would be mental.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/fIFbpb9Vez0?si=r3OCtnr3DNo4sap0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/fIFbpb9Vez0?si=r3OCtnr3DNo4sap0</a>

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2024, 09:58:28 pm »
Honestly all of it. I do not know if I can pick a favorite.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2024, 10:20:21 pm »
Yet to come I think.

Here's hoping.

That initial press conference where Klopp just simplified everything. A refreshing approach that's served him well throughout his time. We get him and he gets us.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2024, 10:45:27 pm »
Turning up in a bar in the states and the look on Jamie Websters face...love it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IeECirFyk8E&pp=ygUaanVyZ2VuIGtsb3BwIGphbWllIHdlYnN0ZXI%3D
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2024, 11:34:14 pm »
It’s not a particular moment, but one thing I will always thank him for is turning Anfield into a fortress. Even in our darkest times, Anfield has been a very difficult place for opponents to come and win however I recall seasons where we’ve lost several home league games. Now however, we know we’re going to win virtually every home game we play. Apart from the Covid season we’ve lost 3 home games in 6 seasons, it’s an absolutely incredible stat.

Defeats:
16/17- Swansea and Palace
17/18- None
18/19- None
19/20- None
20/21- No crowds, several defeats
21/22- None
22/23- Leeds
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline GazH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2024, 12:39:59 am »
Everything on here so far. There have been so many. Boss.

The ‘moment’ for me isn’t even a moment. It’s the culture and excitement he’s built over time. The trust too. Watching Liverpool and almost knowing that we’ll be alright because we know the guy at the top of it just knows what he’s doing. That’s the best bit.
And fuck it’s been so much fun along the way. More fun than I can remember with any manager on the 33 years I’ve been watching us.

Remember Basel? Three Little Birds being sung after the defeat to Sevilla. It summed up the moment. Deep, deep disappointment in that moment, but at the same time the sense that you knew we were on the right track.

Every little thing, was gonna be alright.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2024, 12:41:25 am »
I will never forget the Barcelona 4-0, hugging everyone in an Irish bar in Cologne to celebrate with people I never knew, then sprinting out to ring my Dad and cry and celebrate and almost forget to pay my fucking bill.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2024, 01:01:10 am »
The Man City Champions League ties.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2024, 01:16:26 am »
Everything on here so far. There have been so many. Boss.

The ‘moment’ for me isn’t even a moment. It’s the culture and excitement he’s built over time. The trust too. Watching Liverpool and almost knowing that we’ll be alright because we know the guy at the top of it just knows what he’s doing. That’s the best bit.
And fuck it’s been so much fun along the way. More fun than I can remember with any manager on the 33 years I’ve been watching us.

Remember Basel? Three Little Birds being sung after the defeat to Sevilla. It summed up the moment. Deep, deep disappointment in that moment, but at the same time the sense that you knew we were on the right track.

Every little thing, was gonna be alright.

The Early days of the Klopp Era as a huge turnout of Liverpool fans in Barfusserplatz, Basel Switzerland sing the song of 2016 Bob Marley, Three Little Birds

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/vSJoDNeO798?si=jeWEfdU41ZRw2RH7" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/vSJoDNeO798?si=jeWEfdU41ZRw2RH7</a>

Pretty sure the video I found was before the final. I wanted that UEFA cup badly but I still celebrated getting there - and that's the difference with Liverpool fans because we celebrate the journey as well as the silverware as its just as important for us.

That video above of the parade in 2019, I wrote a piece on RAWK about all the amazing people I met that day that had travelled from all over the country and indeed the continent to be in Liverpool to honour their hero's, it was such a moving and emotional day.

I'd encourage anyone who isn't local or from the city to make the effort to come in for an end of season party, it's going to be special this year. Even if we don't win anything it's happening, Klopp deserves a send off.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2024, 03:05:28 am »
When he pulled his hamstring whilst raging at the 4th official.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2024, 03:33:19 am »
When he pulled his hamstring whilst raging at the 4th official.
That was classic. Almost slapstick. :lmao

God, Klopp is hilarious sometimes.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2024, 03:45:30 am »
When Lallana broke Jurgen's glasses during that mad celebration at Norwich, and then said "Served him right" --or something like that--when asked about it. :lmao

Klopp's first season and that Europa run was a lot of fun.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2024, 06:47:10 am »
this is going to be one hell of an onion cutting thread next season

hopefully we have more unforgettable moments and memories once this season ends

him and hendo sobbing when winning the CL does it for me. brought us back to the perch, a major personal achievement for the normal one and a catalyst for the next EPL winning season. We were fucking unstoppable.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2024, 06:49:00 am »
The Barcelona 4-0

Season 19/20, early season we somehow kept grinding out wins from everywhere [mentality monsters], the Villa 2-1 was the most notable, then battered Leicester 4-0 on Boxing Day [could have been 8 or  that night], & we had a massive lead [around a 20 point lead] at the top of the table by the end of January, then covid hit, & the league didn't restart until the end of June, & finally ended up winning the title after 30 years.
#Sausages

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2024, 08:23:38 am »
One's that I'll always remember

Barcelona 4-0

Dortmund 4-3

Aston Villa 2-1 away win in 19/20

Beating Man United so badly in 21/22 at Old Trafford that their fans left the stadium at half time and the 2nd half was non event.

Beating Man United 7-0 last season that was United's best chance of beating Liverpool at Anfield in the Klopp era, we were at a very low point and they was coming into the game on their best run since Ferguson era and then we smashed them 7-0  ;D

Beating Man City 4-3 in 17/18 this was the game where I felt like Liverpool truly believed they could win the big trophies, this win gave us the belief to reach The Champions League final that season and what was to come in 18/19 and 19/20.

150 IQ never wrong.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2024, 08:34:54 am »
The time he called out Anfield for leaving him feeling very alone followed by the West Brom draw applauding the Kop 👏👏

Offline GazH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2024, 08:49:33 am »
The Early days of the Klopp Era as a huge turnout of Liverpool fans in Barfusserplatz, Basel Switzerland sing the song of 2016 Bob Marley, Three Little Birds

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/vSJoDNeO798?si=jeWEfdU41ZRw2RH7" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/vSJoDNeO798?si=jeWEfdU41ZRw2RH7</a>

Pretty sure the video I found was before the final. I wanted that UEFA cup badly but I still celebrated getting there - and that's the difference with Liverpool fans because we celebrate the journey as well as the silverware as its just as important for us.

That video above of the parade in 2019, I wrote a piece on RAWK about all the amazing people I met that day that had travelled from all over the country and indeed the continent to be in Liverpool to honour their hero's, it was such a moving and emotional day.

I'd encourage anyone who isn't local or from the city to make the effort to come in for an end of season party, it's going to be special this year. Even if we don't win anything it's happening, Klopp deserves a send off.

It was before the game, but I recall that being the tune in the hours and days after the game, the point being that it summed up the disappointment. Genuine belief it was gonna be alright with this guy.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2024, 09:19:02 am »
Thiago translates to Nunez as he’s been subbed on , Klopp expressions :D

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2024, 10:13:09 am »
His reaction to Lucas Leiva’s attempt at goal!

https://youtu.be/j_CJ-QialoA?si=FI4OeItvNjCzNlFL

;D
We are Liverpool!

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2024, 10:29:08 am »
This one?? I really hope we win the UEFA cup this year, the parade would be mental.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/fIFbpb9Vez0?si=r3OCtnr3DNo4sap0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/fIFbpb9Vez0?si=r3OCtnr3DNo4sap0</a>

Yep, she is a proper pure soul, they both are.