Author Topic: FT: Liverpool 1 - 0 Crystal Palace (Mane' 73')  (Read 36187 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FT: Liverpool 1 - 0 Crystal Palace (Mane' 73')
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2017, 01:39:57 pm »
The scoreline really flattered Palace there.

Yeah, if the score was more reflective of how we were, it would have been easily 3 or 4 nil.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2017, 01:45:46 pm »
I think he'll be a good player now that he will be getting first team experience.
Lofty apparently sees his long term future back at the bridge. It'd be South American footballer <3 top2 Spanish club #4lyf #yolo ratchet drama all over again. Less sangria and more daily mail, I guess?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2017, 01:47:42 pm »
Lofty apparently sees his long term future back at the bridge. It'd be South American footballer <3 top2 Spanish club #4lyf #yolo ratchet drama all over again. Less sangria and more daily mail, I guess?

Who is Lofty?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #563 on: August 20, 2017, 01:51:57 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2017, 02:12:48 pm »

*as a side note, it's interesting that all three of this window's buys played and all looked like great additions who will play their part in key games - not just squad players.

Absolutely this^ and not a marquee price tag on sight (technically).

Despite winning da possesion stats, not until the end was I comfortable. 'Cos LFC... But if that was us make shift, this early on in thd season and dealing with internal creative turmoil then happy days because that team will get better as the games come.

I really do don't  expect the club to think what we have now- even with Phil staying is going to be enough and that now we're hoping for cl qualification to push through deals.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2017, 02:17:43 pm »
San Marino have 1 win against a national team in official matches. Which national team have Liverpool ever defeated?

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/FriendlyGame/8184

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2017, 02:24:05 pm »
No. I was sitting behind the goal in the Kop and from where I was sitting all the action was at the far end for forty-five minutes. They did fuck all in the first half. And in the second half the action was all in front of me - there was the Benteke chance but little else. There were a couple of corners which they hilariously decided to take short.

When I'm watching a game, the first thing I do is try and get a sense of whether we are the better team. If we're the better team it's going to come down to a set piece or a lack of concentration (Watford last week) but yesterday it was clear we were the better team throughout. The opposite is when a team is ripping the arse out of us (Watford away two seasons ago) when we get beat and it's fully deserved. Yesterday it was obvious early on that we were far better, especially in attack. I was sure we'd score and the worst result I could see was a draw with us committing a clanger at some point.

But Robertson was very impressive, Klavan was solid and so was Matip. Gomez was good if not great going forward and Mignolet made a couple of decent saves. The longer the game went on the less I thought we'd fuck it up and that proved to be the case.

I don't think Palace are destined for the drop. They missed Zaha badly but they aren't mugs. I was drinking pre-match with a friend and his family who were Palace fans up for the match and very knowledgeable. They're a bit worried that they don't have the players for his three at the back but they're still getting used to a new manager.

Of course we need to improve but it's the second game of the season, key players aren't available and we're bringing in new signings in Salah, Solanke and Robertson*.

You said we were 'crap'. That's bollocks. If you were thinking 'here we go again' then it's probably more about your preconceptions than an objective view of the match.

Essentially, you've taken a  bog-standard, but enjoyable Premier League game in teh August sunshine with good performances by our newcomers and players coming back from injury... and teased out problems that might have happened - a goal that Benteke didn't score, defensive mistakes that we didn't make, a midfield that didn't go missing, a slow start that had no impact on the game (we won)... if that's your idea of 'happy' we have very different standards.

And I celebrate every win. Fuck me, are you so entitled that you can pick and choose which games to celebrate?

*as a side note, it's interesting that all three of this window's buys played and all looked like great additions who will play their part in key games - not just squad players.
Belter of a post. ;D

Couldn't agree more.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2017, 03:35:52 pm »
Robertson and Klavan must start for me, as per my previous post. Can or Milner? Ideally none. Should be 2 out of Gini, Hendo and those two but then who takes the other spot is a sticking point. Trent? Grujic? Woodburn? Or maybe a change of formation and go 4-2-3-1. I genuinely don't know but we can't carry on with a midfield which is inept at creating but doesn't even have the defensive nous to counter that.

Thanks mate, surprised Klavan looking better than Lovren but I still need up watch it in full

4-2-3-1 definitely sounds more potent in the absence of a Lallana / Coutinho in the midfield 3

Hope we go for it on Wednesday and put the Hoffmeisters to the sword.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2017, 03:44:54 pm »
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336318.0

Roundtable is up for the Palace game if anybody is interested. Have at it RAWK :)
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd