Author Topic: Programmes  (Read 23537 times)

Offline The Cappuccino Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • Aren't we free?
Programmes
« on: January 5, 2006, 07:50:06 pm »
Anyone on here collect programmes? Have got quite a decent collection with the Champions League final, 2001 FA Cup Final and the World Club Championship being my pride and joys.

Anyone else got any other good ones?
Formerly Mr Brightside.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Re: Programmes
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2006, 07:55:56 pm »
I collect programs and have loads from late 70's early 80s plus 96-99 prem matches uinfortuantely cant get hold of them as LIVE so far away NOW would love to get some if anybody knows any place to get them or if anybody has any they would like to get rid of any i would like to have them. Email or PM me thanks I have that famous 4-3 program
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Kardiffuk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2006, 07:58:57 pm »
Anyone on here collect programmes? ...... Anyone else got any other good ones?

Yep I've got 43 of the 50 European / Champions League Final programmes. Also got a nice & rare 1935 Brentford v Liverpool safely satshed away. In total there's something like 500 odd football and 100 egg chasing programmes in the collection.

Offline The Cappuccino Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • Aren't we free?
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2006, 08:04:54 pm »
Been collecting them since 96/97 when I first started going the match and don't have many before then except for one I got from my grandad from Ian St.John's testimonial.
Formerly Mr Brightside.

Offline youtookmyname

• Kopite
  • Kong my whopper!
    • Footy Fashion n stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2006, 08:20:45 pm »
I collect programs and have loads from late 70's early 80s plus 96-99 prem matches uinfortuantely cant get hold of them as LIVE so far away NOW would love to get some if anybody knows any place to get them or if anybody has any they would like to get rid of any i would like to have them. Email or PM me thanks I have that famous 4-3 program

you can subscribe to the matchday programme at www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/magazine

get em delivered to your house

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2006, 08:21:56 pm »
Don't have that many programmes but i have the Champions League Final one. Well i actually have 2 of them, one unopened and the other opened.
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline TheWalrus

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2006, 08:26:13 pm »
I'm no expert on programmes, but I have one that is pretty interesting (unfortunately not LFC related). It's Tom Finneys testimonial game played at Deepdale, PNE versus an England XI, consisting of many of the stars of 66.

I actually found the programme hidden in an old built-in piece of furniture in my terraced house in Preston. The day I found it, I rang Tom Finney's business, and asked to speak with him. I was amazed that they put me through to him, and asked if he'd sign it. He agreed, so I ran all the way there and he met me in reception and signed it for me. What a great bloke.

I'm not sure if it's worth anything like, what do you guys reckon?

Offline Beef

• Jerky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 5, 2006, 08:41:24 pm »
Got a whole load of them given to me a few years back, must be a good few hundred in there all the way back to the 70's and a few from the 50's and a bit earlier too, not just Liverpool either, quite a few Rangers ones too. Don't know if there worth anything but there's lots of good info and interviews in a lot of them, I wouldn't say I was a collecter because the only time I got programmes was when I got given them.

Offline Mark.

• Kopite
  • Robbie is God
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2006, 08:43:32 pm »
Have all Champions League home ones from last year complete with ticket stubs - GEM!

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2006, 09:35:15 pm »
Got all Liverpools major finals post-war, a lot of FA cup/league cup home and away post-war, most homes 61/62 to 65/66 & 76/77 to 81/82, some complete sets and various homes in between and since.

If anyone has the Shelbourne pre-season fixture programme teamsheet from 1997, please give me a shout, as I am only missing that one from the entire season home/away, pre-season and in Europe. Thanks  :wave

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: January 5, 2006, 10:39:58 pm »
Anyone on here collect programmes? Have got quite a decent collection with the Champions League final, 2001 FA Cup Final and the World Club Championship being my pride and joys.

Never really bothered with Programmes as they are a pain in the arse when you get to the pub.Got a few though including the 1/4 final against St Ettiene in 77 , what a load of crap that is  , its about 10 pages of adverts for Higsons ale and scrap metal merchants (honest) and a couple of pages from the chairman.I'll check if my bro  want's it , if not I'll PM you and you can have it.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline Mozza

• Anny Roader
  • B E L I E V E
« Reply #11 on: January 5, 2006, 10:40:45 pm »

Sent you an e-mail(s) of the details for 'The New Liverpool Programme Collectors Club' which might help your collection.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 10:44:00 pm by Mozza »
With blindness you follow....

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #12 on: January 6, 2006, 12:55:23 am »
I have been known to have a few programmes now and then ;D

The away in Europe tend to be the most sought after and can collect amazing money.  Recently sold a 1973 BMG one for £100+.

Modern ones are not worth much as they normall print loads.

Fa Cup ones can become valuable, for instance the 96 cup final will easily fetch £50+

I'm currently selling one from 1898 if anyone is interested in investing a few hundred pounds http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8747553392&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Will be happy to advise anyone, just IM me :wave

Offline bigredsore

• Kemlynite
  • shanks and rafa we were made for you both
« Reply #13 on: January 6, 2006, 01:29:07 am »
i have about 600 progs they range from billy liddle test to ronnie morans dinner and test prog, also got european cup finals my treasuerd one is the 84 final version in italian, i have seen it being bought for nearly 40 quid, but i bought it from a car boot sale years ago for 20p sitting at the bottom of a box, my oldest one is from the old 2nd div i have 2 of them forgotten who we played, the rarest one i know of is from 97 when liverpool were to play newcastle at anfield but it was cancelled because of the death of princess diane, was told that there was only about ten left because lfc told the printers to destroy them, its true have checked it up but not sure if its original though.

i buy mine from programme fairs and steve earle progs can be expensive but you know they are good quality ones

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2006, 01:36:21 am »

Aye, collect all manner of Liverpool related stuff, programmes and ticket stubs mainly. I've never strayed into programmes pre-my era, so generally the only ones I have are from matches that I've been to. Favourites are probably the Carling Cup final 2003 and European Cup final 2005.

I have quite a collection of aways, and try and make sure I get one from every ground.

Funny though going through and some of the most banal programmes evoke memories.
Da Dang

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2006, 01:50:08 am »
Not my collection but my Grandad must have over 1000 progs in his collection, mainly Liverpool, he even has some which his Dad passed onto him. My mums Aunty's husband was a season ticket holder for 40 years and has a prorgramme from every game throughout the season for 40 years.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2006, 02:59:27 am »
Got a collection dating mainly from the 60's and 70's (a lot of different teams).
Main items of Liverpool interest:
Oldest one is 1963/4 - home v Man Utd
1967/68: 45 home and away
1968/69: 39 home and away
1969/70: 36 home and away
1971/72: 36 home and away
Cup Finals 1965, 74, 88, 89 (also have all finals 1962-72)

Other items of interest:
1964/65 - European Cup replay v Cologne (won on the toss of a coin)
1965/66 - away to Celtic in ECWC
1966/67 - Anfield programme for FA Cup TV relay from Goodison
1967/68 - away to Malmo
1968/69 - home to Bilbao (lost on toss of a coin)
1970/71 - away to Coventry (signed by Sir Alf Ramsey)
1972/73 - UEFA final v Moenchengladbach (rained off and replayed the next night)
1977/78 - European Cup Final v Bruges
1988/89 - home v Arsenal (the one we prefer to forget...)

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #17 on: January 6, 2006, 12:52:48 pm »
My dad collected programmes since he was 15, he moved to Holland last year and gave them to me to carry on collecting, theres about 5-6 thousand including 3 mint copies off webley 66 final and the programmes from the week before and week after the munich crash, and some very old and rare ones.  :wave
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #18 on: January 6, 2006, 01:02:11 pm »
Has anyone got one from Palace in the Carling Cup this year? and willing to sell? If so PM me please.
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline magpie

• Kopite
  • 96 friends we all shall miss. JFT96.
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2006, 01:05:43 pm »
Bought programmes at every game I went to from 1985 until '96 when we went to City — the 2-2 that sent them down — and couldn't get one for love nor money, so I stopped buying them regularly after that.
Only get them now for the CL games to read about the oppo.
I've still got the key ring that came free with the '92 cup final programme though.
"Ignore the arl witch and sing/shout for justice."

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #20 on: January 6, 2006, 01:28:02 pm »
Have been collecting progs for years mainly just games I went to but have taken it seriously for past year or so and managed to get all FA Cup Finals since 1961 all League Cup Finals since 1967 and quite a few Euro finals.

Have tried to get every LFC home since 1970-71 season up until present and only need 5 more to complete the set.

Mainly get them on Ebay or some of the dealers on line.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #21 on: January 6, 2006, 04:06:34 pm »
If anybody knows any clubs or festivals or is SELLING please contact me VIA PM not email

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #22 on: January 6, 2006, 04:12:10 pm »
Got loads from the 60's to present day...!

Put a few of my best ones into a large frame!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Dannyh

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: January 6, 2006, 04:19:08 pm »
Have all Champions League home ones from last year complete with ticket stubs - GEM!

Me to!!!!

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #24 on: January 6, 2006, 04:38:12 pm »
I believe my RAREST program is Grantham VS Man Utd in 1986 only 100 made worth over £20,000 as game was called OFF due to hoax then when played 2 months later Grantham won 2-0 over the actual 1st team

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 6, 2006, 04:47:55 pm »
Don't collect them, but got a few.

Got every FA Cup final from 1958 to 1971.

For Christmas got bought the programme from the United away game played 10th Dec 66 (day before I was born), the first game I ever went to - Birmingham 1975 and my first european game - Barcalona UEFA cup semi 1976.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline smudge_uk

• Boys Pen
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2006, 05:34:40 pm »
hello all

i have about 100 programmes stretching from mid 80's to present day but need help!

i REALLY need the home programme from when we played gak on 24th august 2004 to complete my collection of home programmes during our run to the cup.

only game i couldnt get to and cant track it down anywhere

please help lads and lasses!!!

thanks

Offline kopite4eva

• Anny Roader
  • We've won it 5 times...
« Reply #27 on: January 6, 2006, 06:03:10 pm »
Is there any recommended place to go to see what the market rates are for rare Liverpool programmes. Need to know which one's I should look after that extra bit more carefull as they are all just in boxes.
Andy & Jo
Lottery Winners on Tour

Offline bigredsore

• Kemlynite
  • shanks and rafa we were made for you both
« Reply #28 on: January 6, 2006, 10:13:32 pm »
there is a magazine called Programme Monthly they give you a fair idea on how much they cost and how hard or easy to get hold of them, if you look in 442 mag it gives you the address of the person to send off to, its also quite cheap if i remember.

try google and type in football programmes and it will come up with every one who sells progs, for programme fairs the are sometimes held in chorley manchester that is the only one i have heard of.

i hope this helps you

Offline Skeever

• Main Stander
    • LFCHistory.net
« Reply #29 on: January 7, 2006, 09:27:54 am »
Here's a little info bit on the Liverpool Programme Collectors Club.

"For more information on Liverpool programmes and memorabilia please send 2 x first class stamps for the latest bulletin of the Liverpool Programme Collectors Club. This contains many articles on past issues and news on current season programmes. Send to: Keith Stanton, 4 Hillview Gardens, Woolton, Liverpool, L25 7XE (0151 42 86 087). The club has been established for over 17 years and exists to promote the enhancement of the hobby and the sharing of information on Liverpool memorabilia between collectors."
www.lfchistory.net - Results & Lineups for every official liverpool match (4900+) and player profiles for every player that have played a official match for Liverpool FC (600+).

Offline bunnet

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: January 7, 2006, 10:17:27 am »
http://http://www.d-d-programmes.ukf.net/

Try wee dougie at D&D Programmes. He's got all lfc euro finals including a special one printed just for the press. Can't remember which final it's from. He buys and sells and if he's not got it he will source it. If you need any more info pm or e-mail me.
Another Killie Red

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #31 on: January 8, 2006, 09:02:54 am »
I have a spare copy of Grantham VS Leyton Orient 2003 November FA CUP ROUND 1 great game interested PM me

Offline Bob

• Boys Pen
  • Done the treble
« Reply #32 on: January 8, 2006, 10:50:23 am »

Haven't got that many programmes but I managed to be in the Worthington Cup Final 2003 programme on the Pub Talk page (long story). Anyway bought a copy at the game but last week I was having a look round on the internet and bought a mint condition copy of the same programme signed by Owen and Gerrard for 35 pounds!!  Definitely one for the grandchildren......

Offline snoopy1975

• Boys Pen
« Reply #33 on: January 9, 2006, 09:14:46 am »
I am a programme collector from Barnsley, UK.  Anyone interested to sell, exchange or wish to buy programmes can contact me.  I am a programmes collector, not dealer.

Look forward to hear from u soon.

Have 1 set early 90s' (Home and Away - complete) Liverpool programme for sale.  Please send me your offer price.  ;)

Happy Collecting!  ;D

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 9, 2006, 03:41:15 pm »
I have a large collection. I Generally collect the Programmes from the games I have been to and also 'major game' Programmes, like Cup Finals ect. Also have a nice collection of Ticket Stubs...again, only the games I have personally seen myself.

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #35 on: January 9, 2006, 07:41:44 pm »
This is a bit of a long shot but does anyone have a good condition copy of the Aberdeen v Liverpool game on August 5th 2003. The game was a pre season friendly and was part of Aberdeen's centenary celebrations. I would be very interested in buying it off you for a fare price.

Thanks  :wave
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Online Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2006, 08:46:16 pm »
I'm currently selling one from 1898 if anyone is interested in investing a few hundred pounds http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8747553392&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Will be happy to advise anyone, just IM me :wave

How fitting that it should have an advert for "Shanks'" lawn mowers. :)

Offline Djibrilliant_9

• Main Stander
  • Forever in our shadow
    • Djibrilliant Productions
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2006, 05:33:10 am »
Only a few weeks ago I started collecting as well. I am trying to get my hands on one from the St Etienne game but have had no luck. :(

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2006, 09:15:12 am »

Loads of them
Rayjevik v Liverpool Euro Cup ( first game in Europe)
Leeds v Liverpool with ticket strub ( first FA Cup win)
All European Cup and UEFA cup finals
being the best ones
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2006, 09:24:16 am »
I used to collect programmes - I had every home programme going back to 1965 and complete seasons home and away for about 10 seasons.
 When I got married I had a clearout and sold the whole lot for about £50 - looking back, I regret it so much - they were worth so much more than that financially, quite apart from the sentimental value and my son would love to have them now he's old enough to appreciate them.
 If you collect programmes - make sure you keep them!