Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1164853 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The upper class twits wandering with no consequences thread...
« Reply #13880 on: August 19, 2020, 08:53:14 am »

Yeah, it's a free country, and you have the freedom to call them out for having disgusting views.

These people tend, though, to view 'free speech' and being them able to spout hate without anyone being able to criticise or question what they are saying.

There is a deeper issue at the core of all this, though, that most people who criticise these people bury their heads about. There's a huge and growing section of society that has become disenfranchised by the current corporate-capitalist system with its patently unfair version of globalisation. Where once there were jobs-for-life on salaries that could buy a house and car, there are now minimum wage/agency/ZHC work in warehouses or in supermarkets. I'm not going to repeat what I've already spouted off about in other threads, but the failure of 'the left' has been an inability to offer a clear  vision of how they can improve the lives of the millions of people disenfranchised by corporate-capitalism.

This has allowed the right-wing to peddle their simplistic message of nationalism and blaming immigrants/the EU/lefties/benefits scroungers/etc. In the absence of believing any other group has 'got their back', they've turned to the right and embraced the hate.
And I don't think 'our side' using terms like 'gammon' is helpful if the aim is to reverse the polarisation of society and create common cause among the disenfranchised. Hope not hate and all that jazz.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13881 on: August 19, 2020, 08:56:48 am »
And I don't think 'our side' using terms like 'gammon' is helpful if the aim is to reverse the polarisation of society and create common cause among the disenfranchised. Hope not hate and all that jazz.

I'd agree with the 'gammon' bit. It's too easy to stereotype on appearance alone and for the unreconstructed it'll become a badge of honour.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13882 on: August 19, 2020, 09:33:20 am »

Even once ‘our side’ stops using terms like ‘gammon’, the polarisation of society will continue on without it. Don’t think it’s significant at all, just a term that people use for racists.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13883 on: August 19, 2020, 10:34:46 am »
It probably hasnt had much cut through in general polling, but the Williamson fiasco and Dido Harding appointment has seriously pissed off the Tories, their members and hardcore voters.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #13884 on: August 19, 2020, 11:47:58 am »
It probably hasnt had much cut through in general polling, but the Williamson fiasco and Dido Harding appointment has seriously pissed off the Tories, their members and hardcore voters.

I don't think much will cut through until after Brexit is formally delivered
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13885 on: August 19, 2020, 11:59:08 am »
That's a new record high, first time its hit 55%.

Ballot Box Scotland
@BallotBoxScot
New Scottish Independence Poll, Panelbase 12 - 18 Aug (changes vs 30 Jun - 3 Jul / vs 2014);

Yes - 51% (+1)
No - 42% (-1)
Don't Know - 7% (nc)

Excluding Don't Knows;
Yes - 55% (+1 / +10)
No - 45% (-1 / -10)

TBC whether any Parliamentary VI was part of same batch.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13886 on: August 19, 2020, 12:02:20 pm »
That's a new record high, first time its hit 55%.

Looking good really. Something to be positive about in the polls at least.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13888 on: August 19, 2020, 06:29:03 pm »
First poll conducted after Monday's embarrassing u-turn:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 40% (-4)
LAB: 38% (+3)
LDEM: 6% (+1)
GRN: 6% (+1)
BREX: 4% (+1)

via @YouGov, 18 - 19 Aug
Chgs. w/ 12 Aug

— Britain Elects (@britainelects) August 19, 2020

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13889 on: August 19, 2020, 06:40:15 pm »
Tweet from @britainelects: Preference for Prime Minister:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: 43%
Keir Starmer: 30%

via @SavantaComRes, 14 - 16 Aug

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13890 on: August 19, 2020, 06:44:31 pm »

Ah you managed to find a suitable poll to post after you declared on Twitter that you were only going to post polls that showed Starmer in a bad light on RAWK.  ;D

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #13891 on: August 19, 2020, 06:48:02 pm »

Preference for Prime Minister:

Keir Starmer: 35% (+3)
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: 31% (-1)

via
@YouGov
, 18 - 19 Aug

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13892 on: August 19, 2020, 06:51:37 pm »
Ah you managed to find a suitable poll to post after you declared on Twitter that you were only going to post polls that showed Starmer in a bad light on RAWK.  ;D

That's what's been happening for a while though. You know it's going to be something in a negative light to Starmar when certain people post in there.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13893 on: August 19, 2020, 06:56:16 pm »
That's what's been happening for a while though. You know it's going to be something in a negative light to Starmar when certain people post in there.

I'm guilty of selectively posting polls as well, but Cpt Reina literally tweeted that was going to be his only contribution to RAWK from now on...

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13894 on: August 19, 2020, 07:07:51 pm »
The Starmer polls are useless. We are years away from an election.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13895 on: August 19, 2020, 07:49:59 pm »
I'm guilty of selectively posting polls as well, but Cpt Reina literally tweeted that was going to be his only contribution to RAWK from now on...

Any links? I've looked on twitter, but @Cpt_Reina is a broken link.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13896 on: August 19, 2020, 08:13:48 pm »
Any links? I've looked on twitter, but @Cpt_Reina is a broken link.

It was a while back and not sure I can find it or be bothered... I remember chuckling at the time reading it and mulling over whether I would point it out next time he posted one.  ;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #13897 on: August 20, 2020, 08:04:49 am »
Fucking state of this c*nt

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/18/exams-gavin-williamson-and-the-lash-whip-photo-causes-twitter-intrigue

A few people (even MPs) have Pointed to the whip and the red book on his desk as being a pointed choice of ornamentation.

He was a chief whip. He knows all the sordid scandalous things about the Tories. He knows who the sex pests are, the corrupt and the venal. He has a book of secrets. When one considers how shit he is at being a minister, how gaffe prone his career has become, he must have some dirt they are afraid will be released for them to be keeping him inside the tent pissing out.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13898 on: August 20, 2020, 08:46:55 am »
A few people (even MPs) have Pointed to the whip and the red book on his desk as being a pointed choice of ornamentation.

He was a chief whip. He knows all the sordid scandalous things about the Tories. He knows who the sex pests are, the corrupt and the venal. He has a book of secrets. When one considers how shit he is at being a minister, how gaffe prone his career has become, he must have some dirt they are afraid will be released for them to be keeping him inside the tent pissing out.

I'm surprised he hasn't stuffed his now deceased tarantula and placed that on top of the red book.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #13899 on: August 20, 2020, 10:18:00 am »
I see Robbie Gibb - former head of BBC Westminster, former director of communications for the government - is having a pop at Lewis Goodall over his apparent "impartiality" (i.e. Lewis Goodall is the one remaining BBC journalist with a conscience and must be stopped).

https://twitter.com/RobbieGibb/status/1296355048230981632?s=20

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13900 on: August 21, 2020, 08:05:01 am »
On the other hand, both The Telegraph and The Mail have been sniping at Boris over the past week. Rumours of up to 40 Tory MPs prepared to rebel on certain issues, which is why Boris has been performing more reversals than a cockroach caught in an S bend.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13901 on: August 21, 2020, 08:24:55 am »
On the other hand, both The Telegraph and The Mail have been sniping at Boris over the past week. Rumours of up to 40 Tory MPs prepared to rebel on certain issues, which is why Boris has been performing more reversals than a cockroach caught in an S bend.

The Mail in particular seems to be on the Government's case and the more traditional Tories like Tim Montgomery don't have a good word to say about Johnson.

I think some of them have either never been keen on him or have slowly realised he's  a cretin who's appointed a lobotomised Cabinet of no marks.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #13902 on: August 21, 2020, 08:56:23 am »
The Mail in particular seems to be on the Government's case and the more traditional Tories like Tim Montgomery don't have a good word to say about Johnson.

I think some of them have either never been keen on him or have slowly realised he's  a cretin who's appointed a lobotomised Cabinet of no marks.

He, like Thatcher, was promoted to do a job.
Like Thatcher, once that job is done, he will be quietly dropped and moved into the House of Lords where he will make the odd appearance such as the opening of parliament.
His job was to bulldoze Brexit through. He has brought a shower of talentless gobshites with him and Cummings does all the work for him whilst he is off Skiving like the lazy fucker he has always been.

Anyone who thinks he is camping in a bell tent in Scotland (as per that paper front page), at the height of midge season, with his girlfriend and a baby is a bloody idiot.
Even the photo of him in the woolly hat is probably old, given he is on a diet.
He is on holiday alright, he has been on one since he was elected.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #13903 on: August 21, 2020, 08:57:04 am »

Despite appearances from the online version and its bar of shame full of photos of women accompanied with words like pert, bikini body and such, the archtypical Tory reader of the Mail is probably quite prudish as far as other people having extra marital affairs are concerned so I think Johnson has never been particularly liked in some circles largely for his recidivist behaviour in that area and the alleged consequences of past dalliances.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13904 on: August 21, 2020, 08:44:30 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/20/government-spends-56m-on-consultants-to-help-with-coronavirus

Contracts given to big firms include £14,000 a day to create replacement for Public Health England

Whitehall departments have spent more than £56m on consultancy firms to help deal with the coronavirus pandemic, mostly without giving other companies the chance to compete for the work, the Guardian and openDemocracy can reveal.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #13905 on: August 22, 2020, 12:26:18 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/20/government-spends-56m-on-consultants-to-help-with-coronavirus

Contracts given to big firms include £14,000 a day to create replacement for Public Health England

Whitehall departments have spent more than £56m on consultancy firms to help deal with the coronavirus pandemic, mostly without giving other companies the chance to compete for the work, the Guardian and openDemocracy can reveal.

You can't help but wonder how many of those firms perhaps have directors or shareholders that include current Tory MP's or their relatives.

This crisis, in conjunction with this inept and possibly venal and very self serving Government, appears to perhaps be allowing a gangster economy to thrive hidden deep within the Covid umbra.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #13906 on: August 22, 2020, 08:27:57 am »
You can't help but wonder how many of those firms perhaps have directors or shareholders that include current Tory MP's or their relatives.

This crisis, in conjunction with this inept and possibly venal and very self serving Government, appears to perhaps be allowing a gangster economy to thrive hidden deep within the Covid umbra.

Cummings spent enough time in Russia to observe the kleptocracy that has looted the wealth of a much bigger nation than ours

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #13907 on: August 22, 2020, 09:20:50 am »
Cummings spent enough time in Russia to observe the kleptocracy that has looted the wealth of a much bigger nation than ours

Has it ever been established what exactly he was up to when he worked in Russia?

Together with the apparent close relationship Johnson has had with various oligarchs, it really does have a bit of a whiff about it all.

Perhaps the reason is that simple, it's largely about a rearrangement of lucrative portions of the system to allow a similar criminal looting and accruing of obscene wealth by a select few to occur here, and it's happening in plain sight.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13908 on: August 22, 2020, 09:21:40 am »
The only silver lining is that by the time this lot are finished, we'll have seen the back end of the Tories for a decade.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13909 on: August 22, 2020, 09:23:39 am »
The only silver lining is that by the time this lot are finished, we'll have seen the back end of the Tories for a decade.

Are you sure? Labour can't be trusted with the economy. Labour government has only ever been bad for the country. That's what the right are telling us. That's what the left are telling us.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13910 on: August 22, 2020, 09:26:15 am »

Tip of the iceberg that value wise.  High value contracts obviously dished out of course re PPE, testing, etc, to a variety of firms.  Number of legal challenges ongoing but these may come to nowt with a no deal brexit.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13911 on: August 22, 2020, 09:30:37 am »

To quote Robbie Williams;

"It takes a certain kind of man
with a certain kind of reputation
to alleviate the cash
from a whole entire nation"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13912 on: August 22, 2020, 09:41:09 am »
Has it ever been established what exactly he was up to when he worked in Russia?

Any detail available via internet searches is very sparse and vague.  Maybe professional investigative journo’s will delve into background at some stage.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #13913 on: August 22, 2020, 10:01:52 am »
Any detail available via internet searches is very sparse and vague.  Maybe professional investigative journo’s will delve into background at some stage.

Yes, it's almost as if it's been well hidden or perhaps sanitized by now.

I think it may prove difficult to ever get to the bottom of it though and suspicions will always remain.

Now it may well be as innocent an explanation that he simply wanted to study Checkov performances.

But if you are State actors seriously and professionally planning disruptive things in another country, you would try and make quite sure plausible deniability was very strong in a similar way to SOE amongst others issuing weapons to some assassination agents back in WW2 that deliberately had no identification marks of origin on them.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13914 on: August 22, 2020, 10:11:59 am »
Are you sure? Labour can't be trusted with the economy. Labour government has only ever been bad for the country. That's what the right are telling us. That's what the left are telling us.
I think the right wing press are having difficulty with Sunak's rescue packages so I don't think they particularly like the Tories recipe for the economy atm.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13915 on: August 22, 2020, 10:43:18 am »
I fear that it goes deeper, much deeper than that. Cummings should be let nowhere near the leavers of power.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13916 on: August 24, 2020, 10:05:01 pm »

Where do we start?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13917 on: August 24, 2020, 11:29:46 pm »

Where do we start?

Shittest MP being put up for an award from one of the worlds shittest firms. Victory all round.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13918 on: August 25, 2020, 03:21:57 pm »
I fear that it goes deeper, much deeper than that. Cummings should be let nowhere near the leavers of power.
I have a theory that him and a few other Tories have been conspiring with the Russians for over a decade...

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13919 on: August 25, 2020, 05:04:07 pm »
I have a theory that him and a few other Tories have been conspiring with the Russians for over a decade...
Not sure about other Torys. But I think Cummings and Milne are peas in the same pod.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.