Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4166488 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60280 on: June 9, 2019, 03:50:22 pm »
Canelo needs to look at picking up that undisputed tag. Fight Andrade next.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60281 on: June 10, 2019, 07:47:21 am »
Canelo needs to look at picking up that undisputed tag. Fight Andrade next.

Agree. Another fight with GGG is pointless at this stage.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60282 on: June 10, 2019, 02:26:45 pm »
Saw some scenes online outside Carras, were you there?

Wouldn't take the piss out of AJ mate, Ruiz looks like a nailed on challenger for the Maltese belt.

Aye mate we were around there.  8) ;D

As for AJ said it to those around me he was gone after the first knockdown.  Still expect him to win the re match though. Something didn't feel right as he was coming into the ring, almost too quiet for him.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60283 on: June 10, 2019, 02:45:26 pm »
Aye mate we were around there.  8) ;D

As for AJ said it to those around me he was gone after the first knockdown.  Still expect him to win the re match though. Something didn't feel right as he was coming into the ring, almost too quiet for him.
There's a video on twitter from before the first bell, and he looks on drugs his eyes are flickering that much.
cyas

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60284 on: June 11, 2019, 01:31:11 pm »
It's the thing for boxers to do now since Haye blamed his toe.

No matter what injuries they have before/during they refuse to blame it on anything else otherwise they get ridiculed.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60285 on: June 12, 2019, 01:51:49 pm »
I read Fury's comments on Joshua and am amazed at how Fury has become the sensible and respected figure in boxing. He was such a joke of a figure two years ago but now I respect him more than any other heavyweight.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/48605946

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60286 on: June 12, 2019, 02:33:31 pm »
I read Fury's comments on Joshua and am amazed at how Fury has become the sensible and respected figure in boxing. He was such a joke of a figure two years ago but now I respect him more than any other heavyweight.

Yeah to a certain extent. Bit rich coming from him though saying he's 'finished', and just seems weird given what he tweeted immediately after the fight saying he'd bounce back etc.

If he keeps working hard though he could have all the belts come the end of 2020. 

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60287 on: June 12, 2019, 02:46:37 pm »

He's probably the best HW out there now but 'sensible and respected' is a stretch!

This overreaction to Joshua getting KO'd is doing my head in. Half the world seems to think there's some secret conspiracy, the other half is losing their head saying he should retire after one loss.

It's like we've had so long without any competitive fights that we've all forgotten that heavyweights knock each other out sometimes.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #60288 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:16 pm »
It's the thing for boxers to do now since Haye blamed his toe.

No matter what injuries they have before/during they refuse to blame it on anything else otherwise they get ridiculed.

By Joshua's own words there was nothing wrong with him, his training camp went well, he felt good on the night and his fight just didn't go to plan. It's everyone else who is blaming being knocked out in sparring, having a panic attack or whatever else.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60289 on: June 12, 2019, 02:50:53 pm »
AJ was fairly beaten but I defy anyone, ANYONE to look at AJ during his ring walk and when the announcements were going on to not think something wasn't right. All the lads near us said it, I said it, he wasn't the same coming into the ring as all the times he had done previously.  I'm not saying he had a panic attack or whatever( He and his team denied it) but something did happen to AJ on that night.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60290 on: June 12, 2019, 11:34:43 pm »
AJ was fairly beaten but I defy anyone, ANYONE to look at AJ during his ring walk and when the announcements were going on to not think something wasn't right. All the lads near us said it, I said it, he wasn't the same coming into the ring as all the times he had done previously.  I'm not saying he had a panic attack or whatever( He and his team denied it) but something did happen to AJ on that night.

He's not fought outside of the UK since before the Olympics 7 years ago. He didn't look comfortable outside of that comfort zone and then panicked when he got caught.

He's in a weird place now in terms of where he goes with his boxing. The stereotypical response would be to follow the later career of Klitschko and use his jab/reach to stay out of trouble and grind out wins. That would be enough to get him past Ruiz in the rematch and any of the other HWs on the margins. But I can't see it working against Wilder/Fury - he's not a natural enough of a defensive boxer to avoid Wilder's bombs for 12 rounds and a fit and focused Fury will simply outbox him at range. With both of them you'd think on the face of it his best chance is in a shoot-out in the early rounds in the hope that he lands first and hardest. But that is exactly the kind of situation that he has looked most vulnerable so far.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60291 on: June 12, 2019, 11:41:30 pm »
He’s human. With individual sports, there’s nowhere to hide when you have a bad performance. There isn’t another 10 people or substitutes.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60292 on: June 13, 2019, 09:10:13 pm »
Yeah to a certain extent. Bit rich coming from him though saying he's 'finished', and just seems weird given what he tweeted immediately after the fight saying he'd bounce back etc.

If he keeps working hard though he could have all the belts come the end of 2020.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michellephelps/status/1138917739404226560

;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60293 on: June 13, 2019, 11:05:57 pm »

Just taken out of his comfort zone!

It's no shock that the rematch has to be in the UK.

He could easily lose the rematch. He has a glass jaw.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60294 on: June 14, 2019, 12:05:15 am »

He could easily lose the rematch. He has a glass jaw.
He doesn't though. Ruiz didn't KO him. Joshua was knackered and discombobulated. If he had a glass chin he would have been laid flat out. This entire 'glass chin' thing actually pisses me off (not directed at you Fordy mate, just a general observation). As I mentioned in a previous post, lots of great fighters have hit the canvas, many greats have been KO'd.

The likes of Joe Louis, Joe Frazier, even Sugar Ray Robinson, have all been KO'd. Lennox Lewis is arguably the best HW of the last 25 years but was KO'd brutally twice. Does he have a 'glass chin'? I genuinely don't think Amir Khan has a glass chin either. If you look at his KO losses, they have all been huge punches to primarily big punchers (Prescott's winger would have taken down almost anyone at 135, Garcia was a counter to the temple I think, and Canelo is a much bigger guy who landed flush).

To suggest someone has a glass chin states he goes down every time a decent punch lands on him. In most cases, the problem isn't the ability to take a good shot, it is poor defence, a failed attack where a counter shot they didn't see coming lands, or tiredness. There are very few fighters with glass chins, and practically none at the top level. My opinion anyway.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:06:50 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #60295 on: June 14, 2019, 09:03:51 am »
I hope Josh Warrington smashes the drug cheat everywhere for 12 rounds tomorrow

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60296 on: June 14, 2019, 05:02:04 pm »
He doesn't though. Ruiz didn't KO him. Joshua was knackered and discombobulated. If he had a glass chin he would have been laid flat out. This entire 'glass chin' thing actually pisses me off (not directed at you Fordy mate, just a general observation). As I mentioned in a previous post, lots of great fighters have hit the canvas, many greats have been KO'd.

The likes of Joe Louis, Joe Frazier, even Sugar Ray Robinson, have all been KO'd. Lennox Lewis is arguably the best HW of the last 25 years but was KO'd brutally twice. Does he have a 'glass chin'? I genuinely don't think Amir Khan has a glass chin either. If you look at his KO losses, they have all been huge punches to primarily big punchers (Prescott's winger would have taken down almost anyone at 135, Garcia was a counter to the temple I think, and Canelo is a much bigger guy who landed flush).

To suggest someone has a glass chin states he goes down every time a decent punch lands on him. In most cases, the problem isn't the ability to take a good shot, it is poor defence, a failed attack where a counter shot they didn't see coming lands, or tiredness. There are very few fighters with glass chins, and practically none at the top level. My opinion anyway.

Yeah the thing with heavyweight boxing is everyone can knock everyone else out. That's why it's the best division, they've all got that equaliser. Does that mean that the whole division has got glass jaws?

Even Fury was technically knocked out by Wilder. He just recovered insanely fast. But he was 'knocked out' more legitimately than AJ, who was gassed.

And with Khan it's 50% his chin and 50% his brain I think.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #60297 on: June 14, 2019, 11:45:12 pm »

He could easily lose the rematch. He has a glass jaw

Pack it in mate

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60298 on: June 14, 2019, 11:47:51 pm »

I could never respect the twat,he deserves credit for getting back into shape but he is an arsehole of a man.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #60299 on: June 15, 2019, 11:53:37 am »

I could never respect the twat,he deserves credit for getting back into shape but he is an arsehole of a man.

I like him for overcoming his mental illness alone..

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #60300 on: June 15, 2019, 12:34:35 pm »
It’s almost as though that positive nandrolone test didn’t happen given the focus on his “personal issues”

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60301 on: June 15, 2019, 02:40:06 pm »
Predictions for tonight please:

Fury beats Schwarz on points
Galahad beats Warrington on points
Briedis beats Glowacki by KO in round 8
Dorticos beats Tabiti on points

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #60302 on: June 15, 2019, 05:18:36 pm »
Predictions for tonight please:

Fury beats Schwarz on points
Galahad beats Warrington on points
Briedis beats Glowacki by KO in round 8
Dorticos beats Tabiti on points

Fury points
Warrington points
Breidis points
Dorticos KO in 9

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60303 on: June 15, 2019, 05:23:21 pm »
I like him for overcoming his mental illness alone..

He's a homophobic,hypocritical,conspiracy pushing bible basher.I can give him credit for some things but as a person there's nothing to like.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60304 on: June 15, 2019, 05:29:27 pm »

He's a homophobic,hypocritical,conspiracy pushing bible basher.I can give him credit for some things but as a person there's nothing to like.

You forgot drug cheat.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60305 on: June 15, 2019, 05:35:14 pm »
You forgot drug cheat.

I put that down to self medicating,maybe giving him more credit than he deserves like.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #60306 on: June 15, 2019, 05:38:34 pm »
I mean if you’re going to just go back in his life and find all the bad stuff he’s said and done....oh yeah, he is a twat
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60307 on: June 15, 2019, 06:02:23 pm »
I mean if you’re going to just go back in his life and find all the bad stuff he’s said and done....oh yeah, he is a twat

There not just things he has said or done,they're deeply held beliefs,bigots are no better than racists.

"I'd like to thank my lord and saviour Jesus Christ" Fuck off hypocrite.

Sadly he won't be losing tonight though.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60308 on: June 15, 2019, 07:54:59 pm »
I'm a big fan of fury

Great Personality, someone to look up to

all the best tonite, bro

I can see him coming thru,might get a belt as well, cool

Seems to have crossed over to the US well and might be even more popular there, which is cool, as that is where the money is

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #60309 on: June 15, 2019, 08:12:42 pm »
markmywords

*Quote snip*

Marked

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60310 on: June 15, 2019, 09:11:28 pm »
There is a documentary on Fury on Channel 5 now

Some hyperbolic nonsense in there. &Seemingly undefeatable Vladimir',  'Wilder knockdown could have ended his career' but still a decent watch do far

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60311 on: June 15, 2019, 09:20:52 pm »
Fury against this chump is a PPV? Fucking Hell they're taking the piss more and more.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #60312 on: June 15, 2019, 11:44:25 pm »
Every time Galahad goes orthodox Warrington nails him and he switches. Galahad could win this by basically avoiding a fight and spoiling.

Fucking tit

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #60313 on: June 15, 2019, 11:47:32 pm »
Watched about 30 seconds and just saw a couple of blokes having a few hugs. I can't watching boxing like that, it bores the arse off me.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60314 on: June 15, 2019, 11:47:57 pm »
Don't have a clue how to score this. Would probably give it to Warrington.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60315 on: June 15, 2019, 11:48:04 pm »
I think Galahad has got this.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60316 on: June 15, 2019, 11:50:43 pm »
The Briedis fight was a bit farcical
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60317 on: June 15, 2019, 11:51:20 pm »
Warrington SD is probably OK. All 3 results would have been OK by me.

Galahad's style is ugly as sin.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60318 on: June 15, 2019, 11:51:24 pm »
Not sure I agree with that result.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60319 on: June 15, 2019, 11:52:21 pm »
Just found out his real name's not even Kid Galahad. Colour me surprised.