Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 132215 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #3240 on: March 4, 2024, 02:27:29 pm »
That could be easily resolved if they stopped the refs controlling the clock, & have an official timekeeper like they do in Rugby, so everyone can in the stadium & watching on TV see when the clock stops & howe long is left.

Incidentally didn't Forest have a couple of players booked in stoppage time for time wasting, one of the reasons the ref added more time on at the end of added time, & added time is always minimum [not maximum] added time.

Makes not a jot of difference until they clamp down on timewasting. As you noted, they had two booked in added time for timewasting. Until refs use their powers and start to give out yellow cards from the off, it won't get any better.

Tierney always does it v us btw, never books anyone for timewasting until really really late in the game.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3241 on: March 4, 2024, 02:37:50 pm »
Makes not a jot of difference until they clamp down on timewasting. As you noted, they had two booked in added time for timewasting. Until refs use their powers and start to give out yellow cards from the off, it won't get any better.

Tierney always does it v us btw, never books anyone for timewasting until really really late in the game.

Agreed, pisses me off when teams timewaste from kickoff but the ref doesn't book anyone for timewasting until after 80 minutes or so. :butt

Funniest one was in the Derby, Pickford antics timewasting around 20th minute, then Allison taking the piss out of Pickford does the same thing, in the 94th minute when were were 2-0 up. ;D
#Sausages

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3242 on: March 4, 2024, 02:39:34 pm »
spending too much time reading through some of the threads on RAWK is enough to put you off football.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3243 on: March 4, 2024, 02:39:57 pm »
That could be easily resolved if they stopped the refs controlling the clock, & have an official timekeeper like they do in Rugby, so everyone can in the stadium & watching on TV see when the clock stops & howe long is left.

Incidentally didn't Forest have a couple of players booked in stoppage time for time wasting, one of the reasons the ref added more time on at the end of added time, & added time is always minimum [not maximum] added time.

Neil Atkinson is capable of weird shouts, but a good weird shout he had was if the clock stopped then timewasting would get 'acceptable' and it would legitimise stopping play (its ok the clock is stopped) and that enables the shit teams like Forest and United to slow down play and disable the attacking team in that way
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3244 on: March 4, 2024, 07:34:55 pm »
Especially for Steven's poor little kids.
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3245 on: March 16, 2024, 12:06:01 am »
All music videos should be banned immediately because there hasn’t been a good or original one in about thirty fucking years.

Put the wasted zillions into grass roots music and music venues instead.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3246 on: March 18, 2024, 08:02:52 pm »
All of the Ghostbusters films are rubbish.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3247 on: March 18, 2024, 09:28:01 pm »
All of the Ghostbusters films are rubbish.
anything with Bill Murray in it is rubbish.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3248 on: March 19, 2024, 12:05:58 pm »
Neil Atkinson is capable of weird shouts, but a good weird shout he had was if the clock stopped then timewasting would get 'acceptable' and it would legitimise stopping play (its ok the clock is stopped) and that enables the shit teams like Forest and United to slow down play and disable the attacking team in that way

That's a good point. Lost count of how many times the sting and adrenaline of teams is taken out with legitimate stops in play.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: March 19, 2024, 12:35:57 pm »

Scrooged is an awful film
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: March 19, 2024, 12:40:51 pm »
Prolonged fight scenes and car chases are really boring.

There is no need for either to last over one minute

Edit  This excludes Rocky films
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:43:02 pm by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3251 on: March 19, 2024, 12:49:06 pm »

This should also exclude Peter Griffin fighting the chicken in Family Guy.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3252 on: March 19, 2024, 12:51:51 pm »

agree completely.
 what kills me is cop shows where the detectives get within 20 yards of a suspect and call his name, so guess what, a chase begins. how about STFU until you get next to him and nab him you morons?

all it is is filler to make up for lack of script / storyline.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:54:03 pm by SamLad »

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3253 on: March 19, 2024, 01:38:25 pm »

Where they're the same thing for ages yes. When it's done well, like the Mission Impossibles, with variety and some top set pieces, they're great. Terminator 2 is pretty much a 90-minute car chase and fight scene and it's one of the best films ever made.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3254 on: March 19, 2024, 01:42:52 pm »
This should also exclude Peter Griffin fighting the chicken in Family Guy.
you mean the scene from They Live

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3255 on: March 19, 2024, 01:51:04 pm »
Where they're the same thing for ages yes. When it's done well, like the Mission Impossibles, with variety and some top set pieces, they're great. Terminator 2 is pretty much a 90-minute car chase and fight scene and it's one of the best films ever made.

The car chase in Ronin is pretty epic.

And Smokey & The Bandit is pretty much a car chase for most of the movie.
#Sausages

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3256 on: March 19, 2024, 01:59:00 pm »
I just tune out whenever a car chase comes on.  not only are they boring, the stunts and maneuvers they come up with are completely laughable.

someone drives 100mph through crowded streets, missing everyone by inches over and over again, while whoever is chasing them (cops usually) are crashing left right and centre in the same conditions?

or worse - someone uses their car as a battering ram repeatedly, to the point that the doors and shit fall off, but it never affects the steering, brakes, or ability to see / drive the damn thing? 

or how about doing all the above while driving backwards, lying down to avoid bullets, and using the rearview camera (which all the bullets miss)?

gimme a fucking break.

edit: oh and when the hero driver ends up escaping, he leaves the car a smoky heap of wrecked metal and walks away with hardly a scratch.  maybe a limp. dead believable, that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:05:54 pm by SamLad »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: March 19, 2024, 02:02:44 pm »
agree completely.
 what kills me is cop shows where the detectives get within 20 yards of a suspect and call his name, so guess what, a chase begins. how about STFU until you get next to him and nab him you morons?

My big gripe, Certain films and TV shows are set up where a certain character cant die, so when they are in a gunfight its pointless.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #3258 on: March 19, 2024, 05:50:29 pm »
agree completely.

Also when a woman is being chased or attacked by the male assailant and get into a fight ,she’ll manage to kick him in the bollocks ,he cries out in pain ,she runs off,ten seconds later he’s grabbed her again and knocking shit out of her.
Don’t know how many fellas on here have been properly kicked in the bollocks ,I have and it is agony and the quickest most easy way to disable a man .I went down like a brick and couldn’t move for half an hour and was in pain for hours afterwards ,felt sick and that was accidentally done to me yet these men cry out a bit and are completely fine in seconds ,what a load of bollocks ..literally.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: March 19, 2024, 06:47:19 pm »
Also when a woman is being chased or attacked by the male assailant and get into a fight ,she’ll manage to kick him in the bollocks ,he cries out in pain ,she runs off,ten seconds later he’s grabbed her again and knocking shit out of her.
Don’t know how many fellas on here have been properly kicked in the bollocks ,I have and it is agony and the quickest most easy way to disable a man .I went down like a brick and couldn’t move for half an hour and was in pain for hours afterwards ,felt sick and that was accidentally done to me yet these men cry out a bit and are completely fine in seconds ,what a load of bollocks ..literally.
completely agree mate.  :)

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: March 19, 2024, 08:09:27 pm »

You let her get away then?

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #3261 on: March 20, 2024, 04:31:25 am »
You let her get away then?
You’ve met my wife then ? .. ;D

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3262 on: March 24, 2024, 09:09:51 pm »
If we're all going to be bombed, the Tu-95 is a bloody cool aircraft to be bombed by

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: March 24, 2024, 09:27:52 pm »
If we're all going to be bombed, the Tu-95 is a bloody cool aircraft to be bombed by

that'll make the whole experience a lot easier to deal with.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3264 on: March 27, 2024, 03:18:44 pm »

CaddyShack is arguably the best comedy film ever.

Definitely Top 5.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3265 on: March 27, 2024, 04:49:32 pm »
CaddyShack is arguably the best comedy film ever.

Definitely Top 5.

"You're a... tramp! Oh, that's a good one!"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3266 on: March 27, 2024, 04:49:50 pm »

:thumbup

Meanwhile the Russians get bombed by this

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3267 on: March 27, 2024, 04:53:41 pm »
:thumbup

Meanwhile the Russians get bombed by this

Yes. Alien tech.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: March 27, 2024, 05:09:39 pm »
Yes. Alien tech.  ;)

Deffo - good job those spaceship pilots are shit at landing in the desert ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3269 on: March 29, 2024, 06:26:05 pm »
Is this unpopular? They seem to still have a fanbase. Bananarama were absolutely awful. Crap music, nothing catchy and they sounded like 3 teenagers singing in their bedroom.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: March 29, 2024, 07:11:24 pm »
Christ.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3271 on: March 29, 2024, 07:24:02 pm »
Christ.

Bit less popular than in his heyday, perhaps...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #3272 on: March 29, 2024, 09:09:57 pm »
Is this unpopular? They seem to still have a fanbase. Bananarama were absolutely awful. Crap music, nothing catchy and they sounded like 3 teenagers singing in their bedroom.
Definitely not unpopular.
I've heard a load of pissed up girls on a karaoke that are better than them.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3273 on: March 29, 2024, 10:29:14 pm »
Did the music really matter to a 15 year old boy?
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3274 on: March 30, 2024, 03:46:14 am »
Our next manager is going to fail. The shoes are too big to fill. Replacing that manager is so much more appealing.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: March 30, 2024, 09:05:35 am »

They were a sign of the times. They had 30 tunes that reached the Top 50 which was/is a record for an all girl group.

Siobhan Fahey left to start up Shakespears Sister who had a massive hit with 'Stay' but for me the best thing any of them did was 'Black Sky (Underworld Dub Extravaganza Part Two)'

One of the stand out tracks on the very first Ministry of Sound (The Sessions One) remix album from 1993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgFAMo6_tUI
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: March 30, 2024, 09:18:16 am »
Our next manager is going to fail. The shoes are too big to fill. Replacing that manager is so much more appealing.

;)

Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3277 on: March 30, 2024, 09:27:40 am »

You’re really saying something.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3278 on: March 30, 2024, 05:35:49 pm »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3279 on: March 30, 2024, 06:22:42 pm »
You don't think Cruel Summer, Venus or Shy Boy - just off the top of my head - were/are catchy? I mean, this is weird because I don't think they were ever critically regarded or seen as important, just a fun pop band. Better than some, worse than others.