Author Topic: SHANKLY 100 - The RAWK interview with David Peace, author of 'Red or Dead'  (Read 11763 times)

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: SHANKLY 100 - The RAWK interview with David Peace, author of 'Red or Dead'
« Reply #40 on: September 6, 2013, 11:09:13 pm »
Finally got around to this one.

Absolutely superb!

Thank you Mr Yorky, thank you Mr Peace.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #41 on: September 8, 2013, 09:28:34 pm »
Great interview, Yorky. Reads as if you've known each other years. I'm a big fan of Peace anyway but was unsure if he was the right guy for the job of writing about my hero. This interview allays those fears. Nice one. Will be reading it this week
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Bromley Red

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: September 9, 2013, 07:55:17 pm »
I met David Peace at his signing evening at the Lexington in Islington. Genuinely nice fella and related to my girlfriend  :)
Too many psycopaths, not enough cyclepaths

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2013, 02:16:42 am »
Although book reviews often implore "this should be compulsory reading" for everyone in whatever ....

This really, really, really should be compulsory reading for every employee of LFC. From Manager to Ball boy.
You shouldn't even be allowed an interview until have read it.

Even though we are starting to turn things round, I deeply believe our long term resurgence would have the strongest foundations if the spirit of the man, of the club, of supporters from days from those early days in the 60's and 70's were re-ignited.

Other clubs can outspend us ... but none of them have this inspirational history, and non have a book that conveys the sheer persistence, grit and determination to turn around a club.

How lucky were we.
How lucky are we to have a book like this inspire us again

Sturridge tweeted redordead, I asked whether the lads were reading the book, but alas no reply. Hopefully a number are, in fact anyone associated with the club should be.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

royhendo

Bump. Michael A and I saw him yesterday. What a treat!

We need to get down to see you Mr H.