Author Topic: Preview - Liverpool v Sunderland, 2nd Jan 7.45pm  (Read 31337 times)

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Preview - Liverpool v Sunderland, 2nd Jan 7.45pm
« Reply #40 on: January 1, 2013, 04:54:14 pm »
results have gone our way today, a win or a draw will move us up the table. Obviously though a win is what is really needed.

Lucas/ Allen need to start this one however with stevie getting 90 against QPR i wouldnt be suprised if we saw shelvey in for him. Suso/ sterling to get a half each with lous uptop. with enrique out, could we see downing at LB with a suprise like morgan/pacheco/yesil start in the other forward spot?? probably see wisdom at RB, Glen at LB, with downing staying on the right.

Offline Alex7

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: January 1, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »
If this isn't live on tv, anyone know why it's not today?

We played Sunday, none of the teams that played Sunday are playing today.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 1, 2013, 05:09:11 pm »
This isn't on TV, is it?

We should definitely beat these. However, we should definitely have beaten a side that went on to ship 15 goals in their next 3 games, and we didn't.

If there's one thing we are all agreed on, it's that we don't have a single clue which LFC will show up.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 1, 2013, 07:07:29 pm »
This isn't on TV, is it?

Unfortunately not mate, its going to have to be a stream job. Or radio if you prefer the old school style.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 1, 2013, 07:28:17 pm »
West Brom, Stoke, Arsenal, and Swansea all above us and dropped points mid-week.  Big opportunity to gain some ground!
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Alex7

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: January 1, 2013, 07:33:34 pm »
West Brom, Stoke, Arsenal, and Swansea all above us and dropped points mid-week.  Big opportunity to gain some ground!

You've gone and done it now mate! Guaranteed loss! ;) ;)

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #46 on: January 1, 2013, 07:39:03 pm »
archie! Happy New Year to you mate. Thanks for this, great stuff.

You knew though that someone was gonna pick you up on the O'Neill bit. So I'll bite on it. Strange one for me because he was a friend of my Dad, who always spoke highly of him and turfed me out of my bedroom so MON could sleep in it ;D However there's more to the dislike by us -well me anyway- than your deliberately very short list ;D

Manc
Jumps up and own irritatingly, like Tigger, only I like Tigger better
Long ball merchant
Manc
Acted the twat over the Barry transfer. I know GB is no world beater but in Sliding Doors style, I'd be fascinated to see how he'd have done -very well I reckon. Fine, Martin wanted to keep him, I understand that, but he went over the top slagging us off, in my humble opinion.
As an afficionado of Scottish football, which I know you are, was he good at Celtic or just there at the right time? Genuine question.
Manc

Manc

As for the game, we've been winning then losing. Wednesday is the day the pattern changes and we start our climb. But I will repeat what I said in the last round table, I can't understand for the life of me why Gerrard and Suarez played 90 minutes on Sunday. Hope that doesn't hurt us.

Alright mate, would certainly not count myself as an afficianado of Scottish football ( is that a title anyone wants?) these days, but back when he was at Celtic I certainly took a greater interest.  I'll refer to Mr Play's post that described how O'neill set up his best Celtic side.
He took over from Barnes when the club was at a low point and won a treble. I suppose the true indicator of how he did there was their performances in Europe.

Anyway, I am not some paid up member of his fan club I just find the rage amusing.

I don't know what 'over the top' comments he made during the transfer nonsense. Maybe he was out of order? Thing is, I stopped getting angry about crap like that years ago. If our manager backed up our player/club we'd be loving it. I suppose that's the nature of the beast.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #47 on: January 1, 2013, 08:34:30 pm »
Considering the results today, this is now a huge game for us. I'm wary of Sunderland though, hopefully we play our strongest team and get the win.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: January 1, 2013, 09:18:16 pm »
Desperately need this win, don't care how we play but need three points.
YNWA

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #49 on: January 1, 2013, 11:54:57 pm »
Well, this game's going to be shown here in Bulgaria.  ;D

If we can get an early goal like against Fulham and QPR, I sense a collapse from Sunderland. If not, we could struggle and they could play themselves into it like Aston Villa did. I think they key is scoring early.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 2, 2013, 12:03:34 am »
Big opportunity for the tricky reds tomorrow night. To be honest 3pts would mean 9 from 12 over the festive season which would be a really good return.

I don't think we're that good yet so I'm reckoning on a draw. Shoot me.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #51 on: January 2, 2013, 12:03:34 am »
Genuinely feeling another solid performance from us where everything goes in. Gonna throw it out there and say 5-0.

Although ill take any win. And make it a great start to the new year at Anfield, creating a pattern to follow throughout 2013.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline The loo beast

• Not a scout
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #52 on: January 2, 2013, 01:10:03 am »
Sunderland are playing much better than at the start of the season, when we still only just managed a draw.

This'll be another score draw I think. We're just not good enough to roll over these sides anymore.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #53 on: January 2, 2013, 01:57:02 am »
Unfortunately not mate, its going to have to be a stream job. Or radio if you prefer the old school style.

I've not listened to a match on the radio for years. Think I'll listen to our game tomorrow on it.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 2, 2013, 02:04:08 am »
It's always annoyed me how other countries get to view the games played here, yet we can't. Often they pay less for the privilege too...

Anyway a win would do very nicely, and we really should be winning against these.

Offline The loo beast

• Not a scout
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #55 on: January 2, 2013, 02:50:08 am »
It's always annoyed me how other countries get to view the games played here, yet we can't. Often they pay less for the privilege too...
Really? Seems quite logical to be honest. Sky would show every single game I they could but far less people would attend matches if that were to happen. There's no way theyll ever be allowed to show all the games. Also, the equivalent to sky here is certainly not cheaper than back home either.

What choice do they have living abroad though? I live in Australia. Bit difficult to get to anfield.

Just think its a strange thing to be annoyed about.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #56 on: January 2, 2013, 03:02:28 am »

Anyway a win would do very nicely, and we really should be winning against these.
Sky-era, my friend. If you can't make it to the games, they're brought to you.

I pay about 10% of my monthly salary(netto) for digital satellite just to be able to view our matches on TV, which is money going towards Sky ultimately, which in turn is split across the Premiership as "TV Money", so it's not as inexpensive as it may seem. Not a wise thing to do with your finances as there's no tangible return, but this is one of the most important things in my life.

To put it in perspective- at the end of the year that's 120% of my monthly net-salary, and it's been this way for many years now(although it's "cheaper" for me these days).
« Last Edit: January 2, 2013, 03:08:10 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 2, 2013, 03:09:22 am »
Crucial home game to win seeing the two Big away games in the near horizon........to come.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline PaLee

• Death by football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • This is ANFIELD!!!
« Reply #58 on: January 2, 2013, 05:00:56 am »
Come on Liverpool, show some consistency. Win this and we'll be on our way up.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #59 on: January 2, 2013, 05:57:35 am »
We need a win, don't really care how it materializes, just win ...
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #60 on: January 2, 2013, 06:15:07 am »

I've travelled around a lot recently and you'd be surprised how much TV coverage there is in other countries, especially for Saturday matches. It's significantly higher than in the UK.

You can almost always get to see Liverpool games.
YWNA

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #61 on: January 2, 2013, 06:36:42 am »
Consistency has been our downfall throughout 2012. Let's hope this will change in 2013. I think we've only had 2 consecutive premiership wins all season. Don't know about you but I'm getting pretty frustrated with this roller-coaster ride at the moment.

A win tonight would move us up a couple of places and also put a little bit of light between us and those just below us. We need this with the forthcoming fixtures (next 3 away.....Man U, Arsenal, Man City)!

Just WIN......doesn't have to be pretty. 

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 2, 2013, 07:04:22 am »
As before the QPR game - seeing nice quick passing and 3 or 4 goals would be nice, but I think this'll be a difficult game. Sunderland will have little ambition so it'll be down to us to break them down, something we usually struggle with. Hopefully an early goal will settle things.

However it comes I don't care, just win.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 2, 2013, 07:45:26 am »
A win is always imperative. But a win tonight is needed for so many reasons.

- Maintain a winning streak (back to back)
- To set a tone for 2013, and just start off on the right note.
- Our 'easy' spell is almost over. And we suffered 2 disappointing defeats in that 5 game spell.
- Start gaining some consistency. If we want to be a competitive team we'll need to be consistent.
YWNA

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 2, 2013, 08:04:02 am »
I think John O Shea is out for them he will be a big miss and i expect us to have a few chances , if we score early we will
win this comfortably but if we don't well you know the drill.

Please start with Hendo and keep Downing on the wing put Robbo at left back and we will be fine.

Any chance of Borini being on the bench for this ?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 2, 2013, 08:09:27 am »

Any chance of Borini being on the bench for this ?

Doubt it. No one knows if he's even training. Although the training pictures seemed to have dried up.
YWNA

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: January 2, 2013, 08:13:14 am »

Live on Sky Sports 2 New Zealand, 8.45am :wave Shame I have to start work at 10. :(

Offline ganson

• Main Stander
  • Vetlanda Kopite
« Reply #67 on: January 2, 2013, 08:23:52 am »
O'Shea is out. Think O'Niell will play Titus Bramble instead which will only be a good thing for us.

Have watched Sunderlands two latest games (Man City & Spurs) and in both games they've really dug in and put in a good shift. They're thin in the middle with Larsson & Colback so we should have no problems dominating that area of the pitch. Both Cuellar and Bramble are keen for the odd mistake, Luis will have a field day if he's in the right mood.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #68 on: January 2, 2013, 08:34:03 am »
Sunderland have improved over the last month. As Ganson has said, O'Shea is a massive blow for them, as I can see Suarez turning Bramble like a turnstyle. Knowning our luck, though, the lad will have the game of his life. I remember he pretty much did against us in his Wigan days. Scored a goal at the Kop end to if memory serves. Hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice.

Negative thoughts aside, a win is a must. We need all the points we can get with some tough fixtures ahead in the next 5 weeks.

Offline kalleda

• Kemlynite
« Reply #69 on: January 2, 2013, 09:31:14 am »
I've travelled around a lot recently and you'd be surprised how much TV coverage there is in other countries, especially for Saturday matches. It's significantly higher than in the UK.

You can almost always get to see Liverpool games.

In Sweden all PL matches are broadcasted live. It's not particularly expensive either. For about 10 punds a month you get all PL-games including the on demand-service with makes you able to watch games live on your smartphone/ computer.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 2, 2013, 09:55:39 am »
Phil fecking Dowd ref tonight so expect nothing at all.....horrible feeling we are in for a draw tonight....really going to miss Enrique these next few weeks, brings so much going forward in our game that no-one else in the squad can compensate

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #71 on: January 2, 2013, 09:58:00 am »

Believe me, I pay through my nose to get the channels that carry the Premier League.

Have cancelled them now though and will stream from March. There are plenty of excellent streams around on places like Wiziwig and RojaDirecta.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #72 on: January 2, 2013, 10:00:06 am »
Hard to predict this one.

Just hope Dowd gives us more than usual, Suarez has a cracker, Sterling bags a goal, and Sturridge is paraded on the pitch at half time.

And we win, of course.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 2, 2013, 10:01:32 am »
In Sweden all PL matches are broadcasted live. It's not particularly expensive either. For about 10 punds a month you get all PL-games including the on demand-service with makes you able to watch games live on your smartphone/ computer.

I have no idea where you get the channels from, but the Viasat sports package is way more than £10/month, I pay almost £30/month.

Online service Viaplay is almost £20/month. Viasat screws us over and provides fewer games now than when I signed up for double the price.

Anywho, sorry for OT.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline kalleda

• Kemlynite
« Reply #74 on: January 2, 2013, 10:07:21 am »
I have no idea where you get the channels from, but the Viasat sports package is way more than £10/month, I pay almost £30/month.

Online service Viaplay is almost £20/month. Viasat screws us over and provides fewer games now than when I signed up for double the price.

Anywho, sorry for OT.

It's me dad who has sorted the channels so I honestly don't know. Regarding streams, download the program "Sopcast". Works for mac and pc and most PL-games can be streamed in HD with a decent connection.

Sorry for OT again. Lets get a win today!

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #75 on: January 2, 2013, 10:09:19 am »

Anywho, sorry for OT.

I live in Sweden since a few years back, and first of all thanks for having a great county.  ;D

Anyway, combined I pay a good £95 a month for my channels. Which includes viasat, canal + (cmore?) and more importantly quite a few british channels even though I can't get BBC one. And I don't even understand what your experts are saying. My swedish is better than before but still far from adequate.

Back when I moved here I could see every single premier league game live, but as you say, that changed because of some bartender subscribing to norwegian channels or something. Annoying to say the least but I still think every Liverpool game bar one have been broadcasted, so not much to complain about as I don't have time to watch the likes of Wigan-Sunderland on a wednesday night anyway.

Either way, Viasat > Sky by a country mile and for me it's worth every penny. Comes down to how much you have to spare though, I suppose.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 2, 2013, 10:21:27 am »
It's me dad who has sorted the channels so I honestly don't know. Regarding streams, download the program "Sopcast". Works for mac and pc and most PL-games can be streamed in HD with a decent connection.

Sorry for OT again. Lets get a win today!

Maybe the info is of good use to the good people of RAWK. Should be in the stream thread, so maybe the mods can move it.

I live in Sweden since a few years back, and first of all thanks for having a great county.  ;D

You´re welcome. Enjoying the taxes? ;)
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 2, 2013, 10:23:04 am »
get an early goal and we will win this.If we havent scored in the first 30 minutes we will draw.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #78 on: January 2, 2013, 10:38:19 am »
You´re welcome. Enjoying the taxes? ;)

Well, it's worth it. I could live in a 20% country and feel the taxes are too high if I don't think I see the result of it, whereas in Sweden I do see the result for my good 32%. No problem at all that. Your cab fees are bloody criminal though.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: January 2, 2013, 10:40:31 am »
reckon we'll get up for this one!! really want to see us kick off the new year with a win, which will take us to 8th...from there we can kick on but in my view this game is massive for us. A loss or a draw would cement us mid table.

come on lads!!