Author Topic: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm  (Read 54170 times)

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Re: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »
Lemme have a go.

Reina

Johnson   Skrtel   Agger     Enrique

Lucas

Allen          Sahin

Downing                          Sterling
                         Suarez

Sahin deserves a chance after the displays Shelvey put in over the last few weeks. It's a toss up between Henderson and Allen. I'd be inclined to go with Allen but I can't really say why. Just hoping he can find the sort of form he showed in the opening few weeks I guess.

Gerrard needs rest aswell. He has scored 3 in 3 but one was a pen and that glancing header was a stroke of luck. Still think Sahin can come good for us, just needs a bit of game time to find his feet. I can also see him getting a bit of time on the ball against QPR. Their central midfield really doesn't impress me, so I'm hoping we'll be able to exploit that.

Come on Redmen! 3pts before the trip to Old Trafford please!

Don't think I'll be able to survive some of the shite that'll get spewed on here if we don't get three points.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2012, 10:55:04 pm »
QPR are the new Derby County this season. However, they'll be motivated by Stoke's victory over us and if we get complacent there could be a similar story. I trust the lads to bounce back though, and 1-0 to us is the most likely result.

Gotta laugh at all the pessimistic responses here. A couple of bad results is something that you have to expect when you have a new manager and team, but overall our performances this season haven't been too bad, and we've been quite unlucky (referees, woodwork - similar to Kenny's season actually). It's not where we'd like to be, but it's early days yet so give the manager and current crop of players a chance eh?

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2012, 11:23:21 pm »
Just my opinion.

We're not gonna end in the top 4, hell I don't think we're even gonna grab a ticket for the EL through the PL. But we're not a relegation side either.

On topic: a win please. Just fucking win, I don't care how.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2012, 11:37:20 pm »
QPR (A)
Sunderland (H)
UTD (A)
Arsenal (A)
Norwich (H)
City (A)

Thats whats facing us guys. Like it or not, the next 6 weeks are going to be a rough ride.

Lets start it off with a win eh?! Come on redmen lets bounce back and end this shit year strong!!

Including the Stoke game that's 5 away games in 7. Wtf?

Not an inspiring set of fixtures!!!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2012, 11:40:59 pm »
I wouldn't drop Suso. He was put out wide and manhandled against Stoke. We need him central playing those delicate passes through to Suarez and Sterling. Either him or Henderson anyway. I'm assuming Sahin is still 'injured'.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »
Harry Redkapp's sides always seem to cause us problems.   

Think it has draw written all over it.

QPR 1-1 Liverpool.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2012, 11:47:31 pm »
QPR (A)
Sunderland (H)
UTD (A)
Arsenal (A)
Norwich (H)
City (A)

Thats whats facing us guys. Like it or not, the next 6 weeks are going to be a rough ride.

Lets start it off with a win eh?! Come on redmen lets bounce back and end this shit year strong!!

An easy 18 pts in anyones book ! FFS the realistic fans do my head in - WERE DOOMED I TELL YOU

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2012, 11:49:32 pm »
Tough game, but I think we can just about manage a draw.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2012, 11:49:43 pm »
QPR (A)
Sunderland (H)
UTD (A)
Arsenal (A)
Norwich (H)
City (A)

I'll be honest, I'd rather play Man U, Arsenal and Man City, than play Stoke, Villa and QPR.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2012, 11:50:30 pm »
The Norwich home game is before the Arsenal away. 

Doesn't make it look any easier. :o

Online Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2012, 11:56:13 pm »
We really cannot afford to take QPR lightly. They may be bottom of the table, but are fighting for their lives. The fact that Wigan and Reading both picked up max points on sat, will spurn them on even more. Add to this, one H.Redknapp who seems to be a bit of a bogey manager for us. Regardless of which team he's managing, he always seems to get one over us!

I hope Brendan has does his homework!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:30:41 am by Paul_h »

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2012, 11:58:55 pm »
 Mine would be...

Reina     
 Johnson   Skrtel   Agger     Enrique
              Allen          Sahin
Downing  Gerrard     Sterling
                    Suarez

Dont think Sahin has cut the mustard so far but a chance to see what he can do.
Allen has had a rest now...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:10:41 am by Tony18:5 »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:36 am »
Not arsed about possession percentages, total shots, open goals missed, refereeing decisions, youngsters playing, midfield's inability to do defensive work, who we'll buy in January, where we'll be in 3 years time, what players don't suit 'The System', what 'arry has had for breakfast, lunch or dinner, I don't even care if Coates is sitting in the stand.

Anything less than 3 points is an unmitigated disaster, and totally inexcusable. There will be no positives, should we get anything less than 3 points, so don't try to spin any.
I don't often agree with you but this is spot on. People need to get their heads out of the clouds. We have been shite and have gone backwards over the last few months. Anything other than a win tomorrow will be an absolute joke.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2012, 12:17:20 am »
4-3-3 isn't playing to our strengths.

I want the manager to play to our strengths and maybe we might win.

Those that are going with a 4-3-3 are just following BR.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2012, 12:20:55 am »
People calling for Gerrard to sit this one out are dreaming.  Don't think BR wants, or has the stones, to drop Gerrard. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2012, 12:40:47 am »
Not arsed about possession percentages, total shots, open goals missed, refereeing decisions, youngsters playing, midfield's inability to do defensive work, who we'll buy in January, where we'll be in 3 years time, what players don't suit 'The System', what 'arry has had for breakfast, lunch or dinner, I don't even care if Coates is sitting in the stand.

Anything less than 3 points is an unmitigated disaster, and totally inexcusable. There will be no positives, should we get anything less than 3 points, so don't try to spin any.

This - fed up with the bull shit propaganda that surrounds LFC sites/forums.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2012, 12:41:28 am »
People calling for Gerrard to sit this one out are dreaming.  Don't think BR wants, or has the stones, to drop Gerrard. 

neither should he when Gerrard has scored more PL goals this season than Allen, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Sahin, Downing, Cole and Sterling combined.
 That's right, Gerrard has scored more than our other 5 centre-mids and 3 wide men combined. Anyone wanting him dropped in our current situation must be on fucking glue.

I don't often agree with you but this is spot on. People need to get their heads out of the clouds. We have been shite and have gone backwards over the last few months. Anything other than a win tomorrow will be an absolute joke.

For me a draw would be minimum requirement. If we only manage a draw then I would say anything other than a win against Sunderland would be fucking disastrous for the team and the manager.
 These 2 games are crucial if BR wants to keep the fans onside because make no mistake things will turn ugly very quickly if results go against us in the next few days.
 If BR is going to persist with the same system tomorrow then I'd like to see Henderson given a chance and Enrique pushed further upfield.
 Think it will be a draw, possibly 2-2.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2012, 12:42:14 am »
Or a reason.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:28 am »
Last season's game against QPR away was an absolute horror. Dominating and leading by two goals for about 3/4ths of the game and then shockingly conceding three goals. I remember being so pissed then.

However, I am cautiously optimistic about tomorrow's game as long as defense does its job.'

I would go with 3 in the back

Reina

Coates  Skrtel  Dagger
                      Johnson                         Enrique
                                      Gerrard Lucas
                          Downing   Suarez   Sterling

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2012, 12:47:24 am »
I doubt Suarez would be too pleased if it happened.

Offline FresnoBee

• Fresno A was the brainier brother.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2012, 12:54:40 am »
Last season's game against QPR away was an absolute horror. Dominating and leading by two goals for about 3/4ths of the game and then shockingly conceding three goals. I remember being so pissed then.

However, I am cautiously optimistic about tomorrow's game as long as defense does its job.'

I would go with 3 in the back

Reina

Coates  Skrtel  Dagger
                      Johnson                         Enrique
                                      Gerrard Lucas
                          Downing   Suarez   Sterling

Agreed with that line up. Downing and Stering got enough rest on the last game, and they should be roaring to go. And it's about time a stable defence is a priority. And I think Enrique and Johnson's atributes are better used in this formation.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2012, 01:02:01 am »
For me a draw would be minimum requirement. If we only manage a draw then I would say anything other than a win against Sunderland would be fucking disastrous for the team and the manager.
 These 2 games are crucial if BR wants to keep the fans onside because make no mistake things will turn ugly very quickly if results go against us in the next few days.
 If BR is going to persist with the same system tomorrow then I'd like to see Henderson given a chance and Enrique pushed further upfield.
 Think it will be a draw, possibly 2-2.

In no way will a draw be acceptable for me. My expectations like most of us have been lowered over the last few years and rightly so with what has gone on. We have to draw a line somewhere. It is just not acceptable to be in the position we are with the amount of money we have spent over the last few years.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2012, 01:10:52 am »
In no way will a draw be acceptable for me. My expectations like most of us have been lowered over the last few years and rightly so with what has gone on. We have to draw a line somewhere. It is just not acceptable to be in the position we are with the amount of money we have spent over the last few years.

I think it's safe to say that any team can be beaten on their day, so to say 'In no way will a draw be acceptable for me' is a pretty idiotic. If we absolutely hammer them out of sight, hitting the bar 3 times, having 3 legitimate goals disallowed and 3 penalties shouts turned down but somehow concede with a deflected clearance and lose for instance.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2012, 01:11:25 am »

I'd accept a draw as long as we put in a decent performance and came out unlucky on the day. I'm expecting a win but wouldn't bet on it. I'd dread to see the post match thread if we end up losing. Realistically we're too strong for them but QPR have nothing to lose so are going to give it a good go. If we contain Taraabt we'll win the game.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2012, 01:15:38 am »
I promised myself after the Villa game I will never be confident of a win before a game. That does not mean that I think we will lose every game, but to handle my expectations more carefully.

Look right now our form is like a yoyo. Sometimes we kill our chances and sometimes we just miss everything. Most of the games we always create, we just need to bury them fucking chances. If we have our scoring boots on tomorrow we will win. The longer the game goes without us in the lead, the more pressure we will be under and mistakes will be made.

Allen and Sterling will probably come back in. Hope to see Sahin or Henderson feature tomorrow.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2012, 01:18:00 am »
I think it's safe to say that any team can be beaten on their day, so to say 'In no way will a draw be acceptable for me' is a pretty idiotic. If we absolutely hammer them out of sight, hitting the bar 3 times, having 3 legitimate goals disallowed and 3 penalties shouts turned down but somehow concede with a deflected clearance and lose for instance.
It is a culmination of our nearly games which makes it unacceptable. I'm sick of excuses.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2012, 01:26:34 am »
It is a culmination of our nearly games which makes it unacceptable. I'm sick of excuses.

So you're saying regardless of the circumstance 'In no way will a draw be acceptable' for you? You're not living in the real world. QPR may well beat us, it's the long-term that matters and not a loss to QPR 19 games in to Rodgers tenure. Think about the bigger picture and the promised land.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2012, 01:40:52 am »
Fuckin hell, if you were a real fan anything but a win at the moment is not good enough, if we hadn't lost and drawn so many already then a draw might have been ok. But come on we're liverpool fc, we need to get back up on our feet ASAP, the faster we do it, the easier it is to get back to how we want it to be.

Offline Immortal, Impolite, Impatient.

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2012, 01:43:32 am »
Their going to raise their game and beat us, we won't be up for it. Going to have to agree with Lawro 2-1 QPR.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2012, 01:46:14 am »
Think about the bigger picture and the promised land.
That is exactly what I am thinking about. Losing to this QPR side and that Villa team after picking up so few points are like nails being struck into a coffin.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2012, 02:34:08 am »
I really hope we don't see Gerrard and Shelvey on the pitch together again, Shelvey doesn't cover a lot of ground in the number 10 role and loses the ball a lot, while Gerrard doesn't have the quick reactions and energy needed to battle for the second ball and harass players all match.

I'd like to see us play Henderson or Allen alongside Lucas in very defensive roles, with Gerrard close to Suarez. We'll lose a little of Stevie's passing range higher up the pitch but it'll leave our two only real goalscorers closer to goal and strengthen our midfield presence, and hopefully with Gerrard not having to run from deep he'll have a better chance of getting his shots off without 8 defenders throwing their bodies in the way. Out wide it'd be nice to see Sterling and Suso again, as both appear more consistent and effective than either Downing or Cole and both should be sufficiently rested.

I think we need to restrict the attacking of one of our fullbacks too, ideally each would only attack one at a time, but at the moment it seems that if we give both the freedom to attack they both stay far too high up the pitch, leaving us vulnerable to direct play. It can work well against teams that are there for the taking like Fulham, but mostly it seems to leave us incredibly weak defensively.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2012, 02:42:34 am »
neither should he when Gerrard has scored more PL goals this season than Allen, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Sahin, Downing, Cole and Sterling combined.
 That's right, Gerrard has scored more than our other 5 centre-mids and 3 wide men combined. Anyone wanting him dropped in our current situation must be on fucking glue.

That's a bit blinkered, exactly how many games have Henderson, Sahin, Lucas, Shelvey and Cole played whilst Sterling is an 18 year old kid still learning and Joe Allen has played most of the season deputising for Lucas at DM, how many goals has Stevie actually got this season in the league, it can only be about 4 at most, so i think you're over egging his contribution going forward to be honest.

I'm not sure he should be playing his 3rd game in a week which is why i'd rest him, it's not dropping him it's called rotation, something i'm worried Brendan doesn't take seriously enough.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2012, 03:32:51 am »
Perfect game to stick Gerrard up on the right and see how our midfield functions without him.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 30, 2012, 03:49:05 am »
Hope Assaidi plays instead of Suso/Sterling

Offline The loo beast

• Not a scout
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2012, 04:01:32 am »
The gerrard bashing is mental. He is still our best player, but he's surrounded by mediocrity. Shelvey, Henderson, Allen.... All poor IMO.

I can easily see us losing this next game. At what point does Brendan's position become unstable? I don't see any progress to be honest. Same issues as last year except our defending is worse. The fact that personnel at the back hasn't changed, it has to be down to our weak midfield. This ball retention stuff is lovely if you have quality players. If you don't you will concede goals frequently.

Sorry, bit of a moan there.

Offline Jamie1983

• Anny Roader
  • Ynwa!!!!!
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2012, 04:25:25 am »
Like last season you mean, when you refused to say anything bad about the team when they only picked up 18 points from January onwards?

Or is it fair game as Brendan Rodgers is in charge now?

This place is going to shit, mud slinging every where. People can't wait to say how fucking shit we are. We get were not in a good place right now but being negative all the time helps no one. An all it does is create horrible atmosphere. What happened to support?

Seem are just waiting around the corner for us to fail an revel in it an its messed.
It's here in absolute buckets full! People are frustrated however in the way we're currently playing.
I've no issue with ppl speaking about their frustrations when shits not going as planned, as long as they're not being negative nancy's and trashing our club as a whole.
When you walk through a Storm, hold your Head up high!

Offline bas5times

• Anny Roader
  • Fickleness is not cool
  • Super Title: BANNED
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:36 am »
I think we are missing Steve Clarke ALOT. The work he did with our back 4 last season was outstanding.

We can win this game, but we can also very easily lose it too so we'll just have to hope for the best.

4231 with Lucas and Allen/Sahin as the 2 PLEASE!

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2012, 04:35:34 am »
We have to win this.

Which is why we will probably end up drawing tomorrow. 2-2.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2012, 04:44:48 am »
I think we are missing Steve Clarke ALOT. The work he did with our back 4 last season was outstanding.

We can win this game, but we can also very easily lose it too so we'll just have to hope for the best.

4231 with Lucas and Allen/Sahin as the 2 PLEASE!
nail meet hammer top shout.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • Insurance
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2012, 06:02:51 am »
The gerrard bashing is mental. He is still our best player

He is simply not, people need to get over that.  He doesn't need to be the best player to still do a job for LFC.