Author Topic: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC. The Preview. Wed 26th Dec (Away)  (Read 61882 times)

Offline Immortal, Impolite, Impatient.

• Main Stander
Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC. The Preview. Wed 26th Dec (Away)
« Reply #200 on: December 26, 2012, 01:46:57 am »
Fucking horrible fixture Stoke will sit back never commit themselves forward hope to nick a goal gah in for another frustarting evening fucking hate these twats  :butt

Lets just hope none of our players leave on a stretcher  :butt

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #201 on: December 26, 2012, 01:50:23 am »
Like in the League Cup the last time we played at the Britannia. They scored first and then, oh!

Shame we're not playing them in the cup so.

Or in 2011.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2012, 01:52:28 am »
Wonder if Owen will play tomorrow.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2012, 01:55:03 am »
Let sit back ourselves and play a waiting game with them...
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2012, 01:58:37 am »
I will fucking despair if we dont beat these c*nts. Yard dog ale house team against ticky tacky us. Come on Jesus, you know it makes sense.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #205 on: December 26, 2012, 02:10:45 am »
Will be a draw or a loss cos its Stoke and this is only nailed on further by people coming along saying they want to smash them and that they hate everything Stoke. At least that's how it's worked for the most part so far this season

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #206 on: December 26, 2012, 02:29:53 am »
Will be a draw or a loss cos its Stoke and this is only nailed on further by people coming along saying they want to smash them and that they hate everything Stoke. At least that's how it's worked for the most part so far this season
Yeah, coz what we say on here effects how we play. Hope we go at these c*nts from the first minute and play football. Raheem has got a bit of steel about him, Luis obviously. Gerrard & Lucas too. Hope the rest of the lads can step up to the plate.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: December 26, 2012, 02:51:56 am »
Just play around them. We're too quick for them if we're up for it, and if the ref won't let them slaughter us.. 

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 26, 2012, 02:53:19 am »
How delightful we're the only club that will satisfy the Stoke cliche and actually be playing them in Stoke on a cold Wednesday night.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 26, 2012, 03:07:24 am »
i reckon we might beat them, but we could lose. a draw is a possibility as well.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #210 on: December 26, 2012, 03:12:29 am »
Wonder if Owen will play tomorrow.

I know it's not right but what are the chances of him getting injured again...

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #211 on: December 26, 2012, 03:58:58 am »
Let sit back ourselves and play a waiting game with them...

Head

I will fucking despair if we dont beat these c*nts. Yard dog ale house team against ticky tacky us. Come on Jesus, you know it makes sense.

Heart

Offline Koppler

• Glory Hunting Whopper, John Terry's biggest fan.
  • Main Stander
  • Most optimistic fan. Scourge of the haters.
« Reply #212 on: December 26, 2012, 04:09:42 am »
i reckon we might beat them, but we could lose. a draw is a possibility as well.

Top notch prediction right here.

So what you're saying is 1 of the 3 possible outcomes will occur in this game.
Former managers that left the club to manage rivals should be treated with contempt.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #213 on: December 26, 2012, 04:12:12 am »
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline pougueme

• Main Stander
  • Hard to beat Istanbul, but...
« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2012, 05:27:25 am »
I've never tried this here before but this one seems curiously easy to me:

Reina
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard
Allen
Downing
Sterling
Suárez
Old enough to have seen Best, Charlton and Law from the terrace at Selhurst Park while shouting like hell for the home club.  Old enough to have seen Pele's first match on Randall's Island in New York.  Old enough to have seen Jimi Hendrix warm up for the Monkees at Forrest Hills. 

Yes, pretty fucking old all right!

Offline PaLee

• Death by football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • This is ANFIELD!!!
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2012, 05:54:56 am »
1-1 draw me think. Never been optimistic when we're playing Stoke at Britannia.

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #216 on: December 26, 2012, 06:13:28 am »
1-1 draw me think. Never been optimistic when we're playing Stoke at Britannia.

I looked it up: the last time we beat Stoke at their ground in the league was on 3 November 1984 when we beat them 0-1 (Ronnie Whelan goal) at the Victoria Ground. Stoke finished bottom of the first Division that year with a goal difference of –67.

The team that day: Grobbelaar, Neal, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Whelan, Hansen, Dalglish, Lee, Rush, Johnston, Molby

http://www.liverweb.org.uk/report.asp?rec_id=4486

I'd say we are due a win!
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 26, 2012, 07:49:54 am »
I looked it up: the last time we beat Stoke at their ground in the league was on 3 November 1984 when we beat them 0-1 (Ronnie Whelan goal) at the Victoria Ground. Stoke finished bottom of the first Division that year with a goal difference of –67.

The team that day: Grobbelaar, Neal, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Whelan, Hansen, Dalglish, Lee, Rush, Johnston, Molby

http://www.liverweb.org.uk/report.asp?rec_id=4486

I'd say we are due a win!
I like this. We always get these sort of stats at anfield and then get turned over.
We need to forget its stoke and play our own game.

Offline FresnoBee

• Fresno A was the brainier brother.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 26, 2012, 08:01:48 am »
Tactic: keep possession, calm and wait for an opening. No 100 km/hr game approach.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #219 on: December 26, 2012, 08:10:21 am »
Just play around them. We're too quick for them if we're up for it, and if the ref won't let them slaughter us..

It's difficult because they clog up the defence.  Doesn't matter how quick you can be if you get past the man they'll be another 1 waiting.  Pulis drills them in defending every training session, i don't think they even focus on attacking at all.  I suppose a great chance is to go from the off looking for the 1st goal, maybe catch them slack and get 1 in early. Nevertheless it'll be a tough tough game mentally and definately physically. I'd be satisfied with a draw and no injuries but would be ecstatic with a win
We all bleed RED!!

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 26, 2012, 08:12:20 am »
I've never tried this here before but this one seems curiously easy to me:

Reina
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard
Allen
Downing
Sterling
Suárez

Don't think Allen should be in there remember how he was bullied by stoke at anfield earlier in the season ?Think it should be Henderson as he gives us mobility in closing down stoke although his tackling is non-existant.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 26, 2012, 08:41:50 am »
Gonna be tough, obviously they have a good record of keeping out goals. Pulis sets them up to be difficult to play against, suppose it would be difficult for any team when the opposing manager asks his players to hurt fellow professionals. Still if we can create the opportunities we'll win i reckon.

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #222 on: December 26, 2012, 08:42:54 am »
Allen is a shoe-in. You'd think that by now people would realize who starts and who doesn't. At this point, the only question mark is probably whether Enrique or Downing plays LB, and I'm pretty certain that Enrique will be there.

I don't care what it takes to get a win, but 3 points would absolutely be the cherry on top for this Christmas. I absolutely hate Stoke and the way they "play" the game. In fact, if we just passed it around in the middle of the park all day until everyone has tears streaming down their face due to the boredom... when all of a sudden Gerrard slips a pass through to Suarez who breaks the trap to slot it away...I would be happy as a clam. 90% possession and 100% shots on target/accuracy baby!!!!

I almost feel bad for Stoke fans that have to watch the caveman survivalist tactics that stupid Pulis employs week in and week out. Am I the only one? Yes?

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 26, 2012, 08:56:44 am »
Allen is a shoe-in. You'd think that by now people would realize who starts and who doesn't. At this point, the only question mark is probably whether Enrique or Downing plays LB, and I'm pretty certain that Enrique will be there.

I don't care what it takes to get a win, but 3 points would absolutely be the cherry on top for this Christmas. I absolutely hate Stoke and the way they "play" the game. In fact, if we just passed it around in the middle of the park all day until everyone has tears streaming down their face due to the boredom... when all of a sudden Gerrard slips a pass through to Suarez who breaks the trap to slot it away...I would be happy as a clam. 90% possession and 100% shots on target/accuracy baby!!!!

I almost feel bad for Stoke fans that have to watch the caveman survivalist tactics that stupid Pulis employs week in and week out. Am I the only one? Yes?
Allen didn't start against Fulham and we won 4-0 so i don't see why he would or should be a shoe in i don't see how you can
change that team but no doubt Brendan will want to tamper with it to get his star signing back in.
Just had a look on that Stoke fans forum oatcake or whatever and what a bunch of c*nts they are i hope we pump them and Joe gets
a hattrick  ;D

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #224 on: December 26, 2012, 08:56:50 am »
The form guide tells us that stoke are on a run of three draws and three wins 12 points in the last 6 games,we have 10 points from the last 6 games (3 wins 2 losses 1 draw) its going to be a tough test with Howard I love Manchester Webb officiating its just got a bit harder, another nailed on penalty swerved by Webb it's just about the only nailed on thing today ! Score draw anyone ?
C,mon redmen.
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #225 on: December 26, 2012, 09:09:13 am »
Would like to see Hendo to give us a bit of a energy and intensity. Our back four seems pretty set to me, if there's anybody who can outmuscle and provide a physical edge to us as well, it'll be Enrique. Hope Gerrard has another blinder as well, Stoke will not fancy him spraying those missile passes. Suarez as usual on his day will make any defender look like a fool, so most of the attention is going to be on him. If Downing can take his confidence from his previous 3 games, its going to be good for us, and as usual Lucas is going to be vital.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Re: Liverpool FC vs Stoke City. The Preview. Wed 26th Dec (Away)
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2012, 09:11:29 am »
You make it seem as if I've absolutely ripped into him.

I'm not.

I was just pointing out that the title is wrong, which he probably didn't realise and will want to amend.

I'm not the pantomime villain that you all portray me as. Try not to take my comments in the worst possible way in future. Thanks.

Hi mate,  :wave

Sorry to sound a bit strong in that post, it was a combination of a few drinkiepoos and the fact that i have have a lot of respect for Harinder, the guy spends a lot of time pushing the Justice cause and puts up some cracking and informative posts on here.

Anyway apologies once again and hope you had a great Christmas day........oh and by the way.....................

He's behind youoooooooooo.. ;)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2012, 09:11:58 am »
Would like to see Hendo to give us a bit of a energy and intensity. Our back four seems pretty set to me, if there's anybody who can outmuscle and provide a physical edge to us as well, it'll be Enrique. Hope Gerrard has another blinder as well, Stoke will not fancy him spraying those missile passes. Suarez as usual on his day will make any defender look like a fool, so most of the attention is going to be on him. If Downing can take his confidence from his previous 3 games, its going to be good for us, and as usual Lucas is going to be vital.

I like Jordan much better as a sub where the team can benefit from his pace and energy, on and off the ball. Lucas will probably tire towards the end so I would bring him on then.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2012, 09:16:31 am »
I like Jordan much better as a sub where the team can benefit from his pace and energy, on and off the ball. Lucas will probably tire towards the end so I would bring him on then.
Agree big man. As another poster above said- enough of this all action stuff for now. I'd prefer it if we played possession and probed for the opening. Just give an "efficient" performance, and don't resort to crossing endless ball after ball into a box with 2 of our players in there, only to be met by an opposition player like we've done for about 4 seasons now.
Let Stoke chase the ball and get more adventurous. I'd like to us turn up the heat around the 60th minute and play with the same intensity that we start games off. By that time- hopefully- Stoke will have tired a bit chasing the ball.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:18:37 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2012, 09:20:23 am »
Winning tonight will be a famous victory. We can't afford to take Stoke lightly.

Lucas told Liverpoolfc.com: "They get a lot of points at home but last season we had a great win there in the Carling Cup, and if we go into the game with that same approach and attitude then we will have a good chance.

"Every season when you look at the fixtures you always see when the Stoke game is as you know you will always be in for a tough game.

"It's always a difficult place to go and they are a difficult team to play against. They are effective, they have the right balance, they all know what to do as a team and they play to their strengths

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stoke City vs Liverpool FC. The Preview. Wed 26th Dec (Away)
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2012, 09:21:23 am »
Whens Ko? 3?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2012, 09:24:06 am »
Whens Ko? 3?

This one's way up yonder. Think it's 21:45
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2012, 09:29:06 am »
Half past five.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2012, 09:32:33 am »
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline jay.taller.than.spearing

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #234 on: December 26, 2012, 09:35:08 am »
2:45pm for me  ;D
JFT96. YNWA .

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 26, 2012, 09:36:42 am »
Agree big man. As another poster above said- enough of this all action stuff for now. I'd prefer it if we played possession and probed for the opening. Just give an "efficient" performance, and don't resort to crossing endless ball after ball into a box with 2 of our players in there, only to be met by an opposition player like we've done for about 4 seasons now.
Let Stoke chase the ball and get more adventurous. I'd like to us turn up the heat around the 60th minute and play with the same intensity that we start games off. By that time- hopefully- Stoke will have tired a bit chasing the ball.

This is the game plan for me. Fuck trying to play them at their own game. Stoke want a win out of this so let's make them play a bit of football. A calm, patient approach is possible for as long as they need a goal to win.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #236 on: December 26, 2012, 09:42:05 am »
I'd be happy with a draw and no injuries.

You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline merseymack

• Kopite
« Reply #237 on: December 26, 2012, 09:49:24 am »
They're going to play their usual shitty football and try and bully us into mistakes. I think , however, we're going to twat them big time.

Offline teddyawesome

• Kemlynite
« Reply #238 on: December 26, 2012, 09:53:13 am »
Since when did playing three center-backs become the vogue? How many games has Rogers actually started with three?
Stoke play with Jones up top and Etherington and Walters in the wings. We surely don't need the three. That would be redundant. Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:00:28 am by teddyawesome »

Offline Tumbleweed

• Anny Roader
  • Pax Bisonica
« Reply #239 on: December 26, 2012, 09:57:40 am »
I can't believe our record there :butt

I boxing day Turkey in the making. I hope we win but fuck me it's got goalless draw written all over it.
“To wage war three things are necessary; money, money, and yet more money”
Gian-Jacopo Trivulzio, Marshall of France (1499)

"The club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club"
Jürgen Klopp (2018)