Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool v Aston Villa, Sat15th December 15.00 KO  (Read 74450 times)

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
Re: Villa Preview
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »
Maybe he didn't mean it as a dig. But, considering the run we are on I would have preferred a little more positive match preview focusing on the clubs on the pitch not off it.

I don't mind necessarily that the OP brought up the owners but whenever you mention FSG any thread can quickly devolve into a mindless shouting match.

As for the game, I am reasonably confident of an easy Liverpool victory. Benteke looks like a young Carlton Cole, someone who looks like they have a lot of promise but is actually mediocre. I think our back four will be in for a battle with him, but Skrtel and Agger's form this season have been top class.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 09:40:43 pm »
We are in 10th place in the middle of December.  I don't think there is a match that we should take lightly.  Every match is an opportunity to improve our form and league position.

Spot on. Might have to grind this one out, they are showing good resilience.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »
Oh the joy of watching us against Villa from a baltic Kemlyn.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 09:47:22 pm »
Unbeaten in 4.  But only one of note is Arsenal 0-0.  They also defeated Reading (19) 1-0.  Two draws with QPR (20) and Stoke (9).  So it's decent form, nothing earth shattering. 

They've only scored more than 1 goal in a PL match twice, Man U (loss) and Swansea (W).

So while we should never overlook an opponent (although, seeing as how we have a full week prior to the match, I'd expect us to be fully prepared), I think we will  put them back in the relegation zone, or closer to it.

We lost to Arsenal, and only managed to equal their results with Reading and Stoke.

Now, if we had drawn with Arsenal, we'd be telling everyone what a mighty result it was and we were happy enough with a draw against Stoke, so for Villa, it's a very good run.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:34 pm »
Villa have a tough run. Us at home, then Chelsea away and then Spurs at home. Very close to the drop and they know the teams below will be scrapping too.

Expecting a scrappy affair. They'll either capitulate early or will dig heels in and frustrate us

Maybe a 6-0 at Anfield finally  ;D
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Online mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Preview: Liverpool v Aston Villa, Sat15th December 15.00 KO
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 09:54:55 pm »
Lambert has managed to improve Aston Villa defensively. They are organised defensively and would expect them to press in midfield. I was at Villa park earlier in the season when they won against Swansea. It was proberly their best performance so far this year. They were very aggressive in winning the ball in midfield and looking to ultilise Benteke strength playing the ball quickly forward once they won possession.

It may take time to break them down but as long as we stay composed and keep the ball, dont allow them to disrupt our flow we should be fine. Our movement will be key.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 09:56:14 pm »
we're at the mercy of the owners

That's true of any football team.

I prefer the 'Let's twat those xxxxxxx bastards' threads... :D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »
It will probably be a tough game but we really need to get a win and convert our recent good form into a prolonged winning run.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 10:27:53 pm »
This won't be easy but believe we will win 3-1
Dagger, sterling and gerard from the spot

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 10:31:15 pm »
First time I'm going to say this so far this season.

Easy. Win.

We shall win this at a canter. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Villa are the worst team I have ever seen in the top flight. That they are not bottom is some kind of mad aberration of space, time and spinning kebabs. They are so beyond rubbish it's untrue.

So. Easy win. Probably 3-0. And three games in the league for us on the bounce! Hurrah!

That's fucked it.

I think we'll win and it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if we don't. There will be a lot of expectation in the stands for a change on Saturday.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 10:40:51 pm »
Now, if we had drawn with Arsenal, we'd be telling everyone what a mighty result it was and we were happy enough with a draw against Stoke, so for Villa, it's a very good run.

Are you still peddling this guff?

Villa have picked up a bit of late but so have we (you probably chose not to see it). As I recall Southampton and West Ham were on decent runs before we played them too. I agree that I wouldn't be shocked to see Villa scrape an ugly 1-1 but I have more confidence than at any point previously this season. Let's have a bit of optimism eh?

Offline jah008

• Anny Roader
  • It's company policy to give you the plague!
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 10:48:40 pm »

I believe FSG and Ian Ayre will make every effort to bring in 2 or 3 quality players who will give us goals and kick our season on. They made mistakes last transfer season and were unable to get what they wanted. They acknowledged this. They will rectify this. Back Rodgers. And move the club forward. This will tick another box for the American owners if they get it right. Rodgers will also get a few quid from the sale of a couple players.

Villa: Sterling will hit the post. Agger will hit the crossbar. Suarez will be brought down in the box and will be given a penalty much to the cheers of the Anfield crowd. But Suarez will step up to take it and it will be saved.
Shelvey who will start on the right will slot a 25 yard screamer and we will win 1-0. :)

Looking forward to the game!!
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Offline VAred

• Main Stander
  • Hope is a waking dream
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 10:49:17 pm »
Lets keep our trend going and have Downing score against his old club
The opposite of left

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 10:56:17 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised to be told every team we have played were on a good run of form ?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:12 pm »
Are you still peddling this guff?
What guff, I'm simply saying that Villa's run shouldn't be overlooked.

Villa have picked up a bit of late but so have we (you probably chose not to see it). As I recall Southampton and West Ham were on decent runs before we played them too. I agree that I wouldn't be shocked to see Villa scrape an ugly 1-1 but I have more confidence than at any point previously this season. Let's have a bit of optimism eh?

Three victories on the bounce, including two toughies away at Udinese and West Ham, should kick us on to get a tidy haul of points, between now and the New Year, very big couple of weeks coming up for us, hopefully we rise to meet the challenge.

If there's one thing I haven't been short of this season, it's been optimism.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:45 pm »

You think we'll get a penalty? It must be Christmas!

Lets keep our trend going and have Downing score against his old club

You think ... Nah, surely not even at Christmas!

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 11:17:11 pm »
The point I was trying to make was that we're at the mercy of the owners, just as Villa were and how the Chelsea fans now feel after the appointment of Rafa. If the Sheiks leave Man City then that club goes bust.

I use my previews as an opinion piece to look at the club we're facing, some don't like it some do. For me the most glaring thing about this weekend is the similarities between Henry and Lerner and the horrible look at what we could become if we choose to simply go along with the ride.

I'm not the right man to lead the fight but it amazes me that people aren't banging down the doors of their club. the F.A., and the government to try and get some representation on institutions that are now at the whim of foreigners with fleeting interests.

As for the match itself, they're playing midweek, Suarez is back, Shelvey tore them to bits last season, they're shit but plucky, they can't score goals, we've done alright of late. Should be straight forward. For me that's really not the point, on Saturday take a look into the mirror at what we might become.
Fair enough, for me it just wasn't clear that was your point, and it's a valid one. I thought it was another tedious rant about FSG that seem to be popping up lately due to our position in the league. But as you mention in one of your later posts, the best model is definitely the German one, where the fans' union own the majority.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 11:18:46 pm »

Suarez will be brought down in the box and will be given a penalty much to the cheers of the Anfield crowd. But Suarez will step up to take it and it will be saved.

I'm all for optimism and hope but that is just mental.  He won't get a penalty in England.  Ever.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:10 pm »
What guff, I'm simply saying that Villa's run shouldn't be overlooked.

That bit is fine, they are improving I agree.

It was your implication that we all were dancing in the streets at the likes of draws with Swansea and Stoke just because people were saying they weren't terrible results.

Anyway, sorry, won't bring it up again.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:22 pm »
Maybe he didn't mean it as a dig. But, considering the run we are on I would have preferred a little more positive match preview focusing on the clubs on the pitch not off it.

Fair enough, it's a decent run alright. That's why i'm a little worried. Winning three on the trot is a  bit of an alien concept to us these days. I hope it's as easy as some here are making out. Villa are poor this year but it's not as if they're being beaten by cricket scores lately. It could be a hard fought one this.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 11:30:51 pm »
First things first; excellent OP. There is no harm at all in looking at the issues surrounding a club, especially when those issues are as virtuous as fan ownership.

Second, on the Football Weekly podcast one of the contributors was complimenting the style of pressing Lambert has implemented, he compared it to Dortmund and how they press efficiently with numbers. Lambert also has this team breaking sort of efficiently, if they do either of those two things well on Saturday we could be in for a difficult game.

They will have had a full week, as we will have had, to prepare for this game - I imagine Lambert will have his pressing at the top of his priorities, expect Allen/Lucas to get no time on the ball. If we can hit them with an early goal then that would be fantastic, we should start aggressively and put them under pressure and if we can get a goal that would be awesome.

Ultimately, it could all boil down to which boots Luis puts on this weekend, if they are his finishing boots then it should be three points. If not, we will all be feeling pretty anxious at around 4.40pm on Saturday.

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 12:27:02 am »
Suarez will be itching to get back on the park after a self-inflicted break.  Hopefully he terrorises their defence and finishes off his good work.  Also hope the rest of the team show the kind of drive to get forward like they did in his absence.  A comfortable 3-0 win would be absolutely brilliant!  Let's hope for an early goal, followed by another before half time to break their spirit.

For what it is worth, I enjoyed the OP and the insight it provided.  Very interesting about Bent, have been wondering what the hell is going on there.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 01:10:26 am »
This game could be very tight, or it could be a game where everything hits the target and we take a team to the cleaners. Either way, it doesn't look like a game we will lose.

Villa are definitely improving, but they are still ineffective in a large part of their game. Although they play a pressing game, it can break down quickly, exposing them at the back, and forcing them to play more of a midfield press. For this they usually play a 4-2-3-1 formation, which will dovetail nicely into our 4-3-3, zonally. Lucas, with a couple of games under his belt now, will probably step up in intensity, and might last the whole game. He will, as always, be vital for cycling the ball from side to side, but also because as Villa step up to add the offside trap to their press, Lucas' eye for the through ball might find them exposed more than they'd like. The key for us will be who plays in the wing forward positions - if Sterling gets rest and Enrique is good to play, Villa could be in for a nasty afternoon, because the two centrebacks will have enough on their hands looking after Suarez that a few through balls to Enrique or Sterling might just stretch them enough to create space for a good few shots from midfield from a late run.

They are very good at intercepting from their pressure positions, but their ability to hold on to the ball long after that is not great - they do have fast transitions, and Lambert does a LOT of high intensity pattern play in training to work on it, but if we can hold them off to the 5th or 6th pass they'll probably lose the ball (probably down the wings, so if Wisdom is good to play, him on the right and Johnson on the left might be the better options), at which point we just need to take advantage of their high line and look at playing some through balls, or else hold the ball and force them into their own defensive third. They don't have an efficient attack, and it is fairly predictable - they'll transition down the right side and look to set up the cross to a player running in to the back post from the left side - usually Agbonlahor. Wisdom might be the better player at dealing with him in terms of strength, giving Johnson some freedom to attack and cut in when Villa expose their right side on transition. But Downing didn't do too badly against West Ham, so he might start as LB with Johnson on the right. Johnson will have to work hard all game in that case - getting forward and then tracking Agbonlahor's runs to the back post.

In terms of the attack, barring a surprise shot or a brain fart, the back 6 won't have much to worry about. Lucas will have a strong game and Skrtel and Agger will be able to handle Bentenke and/or Bent (if he plays at all). The key for us will be who makes up the other two midfielders. Henderson has surely played his way into a starting position for a game like this. It is tailor made for him, with the midfield area - due to Villa's willingness to also press - likely to be an area of quick transitions which will suit his game sense down to the ground. He won't have time to think, will be playing on pure reaction, and will have Lucas with him to release the ball to when it is won. It will also cause Villa problems in their as they won't be able to get the ball out wide accurately enough with him snapping at their heels. The issue really is who plays the 3rd CM spot. Gerrard really, really needs to be rested. There's a case for Allen too. It could be that, with Villa playing such a high line, a combination of Lucas controlling, Henderson pressing and Sahin initiating the attacks (with Lucas) could be the best midfield combination to get the most out of our forwards (possibly, injuries permitting, Enrique, Suarez and Sterling). There's a case for Shelvey over Sahin, playing just behind the forwards, but this game will need a degree of quickness to take advantage of the moment of indecision for the Villa backline when they don't know when to drop and when to press - this is the kind of space and time that Suarez revels in, and it could be vital. Get it right, and we could be looking at another Norwich scoreline, but without the goals conceded. Get it wrong, and it will be a tight game we are never in danger of losing, but like Southampton, we'll be on the edge of our seats waiting for a second goal to settle it (or a first goal to take a lead!).

Better looking than Samie.

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 01:14:05 am »
I think the lads will go in very confident, so I can't see hpw Villa could walk out with less than 2-3 goals in the back of the net
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 02:15:27 am »
I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat these on the weekend. They are one of the most consistently poor teams I've watched this season. Their away record is dreadful (W:1 D: 2 L:5 GF: 4 (yes 4) GA: 15). They've gone on a bit of an unbeaten run lately, but have done so against a struggling Arsenal and two of the worst teams in the league (Reading and QPR). If it weren't for Sunderland's abysmal form, Villa would be hovering even closer to that relegation zone. I genuinely won't be surprised if they get relegated. I also think this is going to be a low scoring game.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 05:04:56 am »
I want us to hammer these, absolutely hammer 'em.

5-0 please.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 05:23:36 am »
It's so weird that by 5PM on Saturday we could be a singular point away from 4th...
I know it likely won't transpire that way, but I'd still definitely be hoping for a win against Villa, particularly at home.

Suarez will be back and wanting to make up for his suspension, and Johnson is in top form right now.

2-0 to us.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 07:40:43 am »
Come On Redmen!
Well rested Suarez to be unleashed
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 07:47:38 am »
First time I'm going to say this so far this season.

Easy. Win.

We shall win this at a canter. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Villa are the worst team I have ever seen in the top flight. That they are not bottom is some kind of mad aberration of space, time and spinning kebabs. They are so beyond rubbish it's untrue.

So. Easy win. Probably 3-0. And three games in the league for us on the bounce! Hurrah!

Over-confidence and you get knocked out like Manny.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:04 am »
Give me another win, and I don't care if it's a deflected grasscutter in the 94th minute, points are all that count.
Let's worry about putting on a show when we get into the winning habit.
We have a favourable run, let's build confidence with wins, all else will follow, but we all know, even in the postmatch after a win it will be full of blerts that will play fuck 'cos we didn't score more/conceed less/play like Barcalona.
The next three or four games give us a real chance of closing the gap on fourth, if we can go into the window better placed than we are now it will give the players a real boost, especially potential new recruits.
Accumulating 10 points before Christmas and we'll be at worst in sixth, and no more than a couple of points off the team in fourth.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 08:16:15 am »
Think we do have a chance of putting a fair few away in this one. That being said, I'd hate for us to go into this game underestimating Villa. It's an important win, 3 on the bounce in the league and continuing our good form.

Hoping for a clean sheet and 4+ goals, but I'll take the 3 points no matter how they come.

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:57 am »
Villa were shitter last season and we were 3 minutes away from losing at Anfield. Get a grip
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline Xabier Alonso Olano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 08:52:48 am »
Enjoyed that Degs, great OP.

Definitely a lot of similarities with the owners, both seem to have solely invested on the basis of the emerging mass appeal of "soccer" in America and the impending FFP regulations. Revenues up through TV rights sales, wages starting to be increase less quickly, thus a greater slice of the pie.

I think/hope that our lot have a little more nous (and cashflow?) than Lerner, not expecting massive injections, but astute investments at least.

Bundesliga has it spot on, fan ownership in any form can only be a positive thing. Tis a shame that I can only seeing it happening if something major happened, a massive scandal or such like. Anything that will lead to cheaper tickets as I love going the match but fuck me its a fortune for a Prem game. Its what, 17 euros in, in Germany, I'd happily pay that to watch any decent game of footy.

From what I've seen of Villa, they are a very very young team, only Holman, Agbonlahor, Bent (surely financially related) with a lot of experience behind em, the latter despite the fact they have hardly scored this season. How many have they got? Benteke looks decent, but lacks that clinical touch at the moment, might come good might not.

Lambert seems to have got em working hard as their workrate is decent at least and I think they've tightened it up at the back a bit.

Still think we will beat em, think its starting to click for both teams in the last few games but think we are at a higher level than them regardless. The lads have got a week for it, hope they put the shifts in and earn their fortunes.

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 09:10:32 am »
Well written OP but not something I agree with entirely - to echo previous sentiments it doesn't reflect what I feel and I prefer pitch based discussion.

I think Lambert is a future great - tactically sound, believes in youth and gets on with his work quietly and effectively. Reminds me of BR and in the summer I wouldn't have minded if he'd got the job. He's walked into a much bigger shit storm at villa and is quietly sorting them out, albeit slowly and not that prettily at times. Don't think they'll go down and they should be respected like any opponent in the league. I saw them against United and they looked very good until they conceded, admittedly at home though.

Every game feels like a cup final for me at the moment and the three points against West Ham can't be understated; absolutely massive. First back to back league wins for more than a year, a tricky away tie after Europe sorted and a huge confidence boost before the festive period. We are right in the chasing pack for where we want to be. We have the chance to finish off the year in style and move into January in a strong position to reinforce - every result is crucial.

We should have enough to beat Villa but need to be at it from the first whistle, like we were on Sunday. Hopefully it will be a case of 3pm Saturday, Anfield rocking, Suarez itching to play, confidence up and the lads playing to put out a statement to the fans and the rest of the league.

COME ON YOU FUCKING REDMEN!!!!!!!

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 09:21:55 am »
Strange preview to a match but a very insightful read. I enjoyed it. Thanks Degs.

Re the whole Bundesliga model and the 51% rule - how does it actually work!? Aren't 3 clubs in the Bundesliga owned by corporations / millionaires? Bayer Leverkusen, VFL Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim.

It really is the dream model but you still need some very intelligent men doing the day to day running of the club and setting out a long term strategy if you want any success.

FSG seem very capable in those areas although they will live or die by the next transfer window or two regardless of what else they do.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 09:41:36 am »
Thought provoking OP.

However, it does smack of a bit of an agenda when OP suggests there will be protests if cash is not spent in January by Villa and LFC.

I work with a Villa fan and he hasn't mentioned anything about having to spend in Jan.

And as a LFC fan myself, I m not feeling protests against FSG are on the horizon if there isn't much action in the winter transfer draft either. We must remember January is not the best time to go to the market.

The pro-fan-ownership spiel is very romantic and I'd imagine the OP was subsumed on this idea hence the bias against our owners.

Personally, I would have preferred an OP which solely concentrated on the on-pitch matters.

Villa for me represent a real opportunity to get 3 consecutive league wins under our belt. I believe they have a midweek away match at Norwich in the LC. This extra exertion of theirs should help give us an extra edge on Saturday. So nice to play against a team that may well be more jaded than us - plus Suarez should be fresh:)

If results go our way we could go above Arsenal and within a point of 4th spot - plenty of incentive to get the three points.

Think Joe Cole deserves a spot on the bench and maybe Shelvey has done enough to get some more game time. We could struggle if Enrique is not fit though

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:39 am »
We better belt these.. Been shite when i've seen them, admittedly sporadically. Suarez back. Confidence growing. 3 or 4 nil would be fantastic, get the Kop bouncing, keep building that momentum.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2012, 11:55:18 am »
3 points ,dont care how they come.I can see it being one of two ways...an easy win 3 or 4 nil or alternatively a closely fought 1-0.Either way in fairly confident of a win,moreso than i have been recently.Either way not bothered how we get three points as long as we get them!
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2012, 12:33:06 pm »
We'll make heavy weather of this, no doubt.

Pound them for 90 minutes, 3 off the woodwork, couple of stonewallers turned down by a shit ref, about 70% possession, 30 odd shots at goal, 20 on target, 2 wrongly disallowed for offside...

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »
Excellent that, Degs. I'd argue Benteke wasn't a 'mediocre transfer' to be fair. He's been superb for them and spearheads an exceptional Belgium side.

Was going to say this as well.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"