Author Topic: My Favourite Player #8 - Steven Gerrard  (Read 10531 times)

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Re: My Favourite Player #8 - Steven Gerrard
« Reply #40 on: December 8, 2012, 02:29:28 pm »
excellent stuff truly a legend
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline LucyLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: December 8, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »
There are three words i have for Steven Gerrard - Class, Legend and Hero :) Love the man.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 8, 2012, 03:43:27 pm »
Living legend, the most complete midfielder of my generation. I hope we can win the league with Stevie involved, no-one deserves it more.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #43 on: December 8, 2012, 05:01:20 pm »
Superb write up mate. Enjoyed that alot!

It makes me sad to think that he may not be playing in a few years. We will never get a player like him again.

Everyone has their own opinion about who the best player to play for us is, but for me, there is no doubt that Steven Gerrard is the greatest player. A true legend.

I will be truly devastated when he does finally hang up his boots. Make to most of him lads....you'll miss him when he's gone.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline RichieC

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: December 8, 2012, 05:10:06 pm »
It was always going to be a topic close to my heart that encouraged my first post, and celebrating Stevie Gerrard in a Liverpool shirt is defo worthy of it. By far the greatest player of my lifetime (started going the match in '93), and as others have mentioned, will probably never have the pleasure of seeing the like pull on a red shirt again.

One of my earliest memories of watching football was watching Bryan Robson (let me finish) lift the league trophy in his final year at the mancs, and hearing the commentators go on about how much he deserved it.............would it be too much of a fairytale career for Gerrard if he finished the same way???

Pressures on Brendan....... ;D

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 8, 2012, 07:57:05 pm »
Good stuff. Probably the most inspirational player in Liverpool's entire history.
I agree yorky, but how do you think he'll be remembered in perhaps 20/30 years? Will he be just a star name to some people like Liddell is now or will his greatness survive?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 8, 2012, 08:00:14 pm »
He is to my generation what Kenny was to the older generation I'm guessing?

I don't think he will ever be surpassed as my favourite ever player, won't half miss him when he's gone, I'd like to think that's a long time though as he has the ability to go into his late 30s.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #47 on: December 8, 2012, 08:05:18 pm »
I agree yorky, but how do you think he'll be remembered in perhaps 20/30 years? Will he be just a star name to some people like Liddell is now or will his greatness survive?

Thats surely down to the people telling the young ones coming through....I'll be showing my kids all the dvd, youtube clips and telling them all the stories they need to understand that he really was the best ever player to play for us.

There's no way he will just become 'a star name'
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 8, 2012, 08:31:49 pm »
Too much video around to forget about his greatness. As soon as anyone starts to waver, you just show them the FA Cup Final in 2006 to set them straight.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 8, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »
Well... his legacy will partly be remembered by what comes after it.

We may get some more boss players in the next 10/15 years, but will they eclipse what Stevie has done? I mean hopefully they do! Hopefully we do win Prems and more European success, but if we don't... Stevie will be that little bit more unforgettable.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #50 on: December 8, 2012, 09:51:04 pm »
What's also interesting is just how early and how long he has been great. When the '100 players that shook the KOP' program came out it was 2006 and Gerrard came 2nd (!). That was 6 years ago - he got even better and added even more to his legacy after that.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #51 on: December 8, 2012, 10:50:18 pm »
Instantly knew here was someone special when I first saw him in the flesh, watching him gallop around against Everton at Anfield and make those two famous goal line clearances. Never mind the goals that followed down the years...that charge down the pitch and extra stretch of the leg to tackle an opponent or clear a ball has always been exhilarating to watch. A bona fide Liverpool legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0yYkE0SAdk

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #52 on: December 9, 2012, 12:12:48 am »
Too much video around to forget about his greatness. As soon as anyone starts to waver, you just show them the FA Cup Final in 2006 to set them straight.

That must be right. Billy's memory suffers from being pre-TV of course whereas every one of Stevie's goals has been documented on film. Although, even so, it might be said that Liddell's name is still at the very heart of what it is to be Liverpool FC. You can't say that of many other players from his era. Edwards at Man Utd I guess and maybe Mannion at Boro, Finney at Preston and Matthews at Blackpool.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 9, 2012, 10:56:55 am »
well, with so many legends that have graced our club it should be near impossible to pick the best .. i think stevie probably is. i dread to think where the club would have been without him. stunner of a player, captain fantastic in every way.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 12:49:21 am »
brilliant op mate.  he's my favourite player.  legend!

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »
And another good write up, thanks again.

Offline Jagan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2012, 05:56:46 am »
Legend