Author Topic: Owlez, Owlez, Owlez - The Roy Hodgson Appreciation Thread.  (Read 258085 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: ''What do you mean do my methods translate?'' - The Roy Hodgson Thread
« Reply #960 on: August 21, 2018, 12:11:25 am »
Thread name change to Irritable Owl Syndrome please
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: August 21, 2018, 12:24:23 am »
Who the hell said that  :o

well fuck, would I like to meet them

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #962 on: August 21, 2018, 12:51:25 am »
Thread name change to Irritable Owl Syndrome please

Definitely

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: August 21, 2018, 06:02:00 am »
Who the hell said that  :o

Brazilian Ronaldo. And Black & White Paul.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #964 on: August 21, 2018, 07:45:51 am »
I have no love for him, but he has done a really good job at Palace. Their football isn't unnatractive - they place some decent stuff, and he's made some good signings. Its quite confusing. England looked shite under him and he had us playing like the current United.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: August 21, 2018, 07:55:33 am »
I have no love for him, but he has done a really good job at Palace. Their football isn't unnatractive - they place some decent stuff, and he's made some good signings. Its quite confusing. England looked shite under him and he had us playing like the current United.

Roy Hodgson's skill is in making a team a decent-ish mid-table side.
He is capable of this regardless of how good they were when he took over.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: August 21, 2018, 08:36:21 am »

That's true, and when you look at how much simply staying in the league is worth financially, you understand why so many chairmen go for the safer options like Hodgson.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: August 21, 2018, 09:02:30 am »
I came here to write some positives on Palace, but was at loss as what to say. This, pretty much.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: August 21, 2018, 09:08:49 am »
I came here to write some positives on Palace, but was at loss as what to say. This, pretty much.
Just to be certain, positives for Palace.

loved his reaction what a c*nt that man is  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
He is.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #969 on: August 21, 2018, 09:14:32 am »

Leaving aside his shitty sanctimonious personality, he is a competent coach when the ambition is to have a solid two-banks-of-four defense to overachieve and guarantee safety for a mediocre squad. The consequence indeed being that he would likely finish between 40 and 50 points, no matter what kind of team he had. I posted this before: he is simultaneously the best Finland manager and by far the worst Liverpool manager of my lifetime.

He will absolutely keep Palace in the league, which is not much of achievement for what looks like a very useful squad. They have excellent pace on the flanks and physical units in the central spine. Wan-Bissaka seems to be a great talent. Their biggest problem seems to be lack of a reliable finisher, since Benteke has completely lost it, and most lower-half teams have similar issues. If they get 45 points, the English press will again laud the "old gent" for magnificent success, when in reality this team could aim for better. They were extremely unlucky against underlying numbers at the start of last season, and the quick overreaction back to the safe and easy path in order to please pundits and supporters has set their ambitions back for years.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: August 21, 2018, 09:15:30 am »
I have no love for him, but he has done a really good job at Palace. Their football isn't unattractive - they place some decent stuff, and he's made some good signings. Its quite confusing. England looked shite under him and he had us playing like the current United.

Stick him in charge of Real Madrid and he'd have them playing exactly the same - decent.  He's at his level; same with his stints at West Brom and Fulham. 

At the end of the day this is something like his 17th club in 38 years (not including his four year stint for England).  He's rarely spent longer than 2 seasons at any club.  Tells you all you need to know really.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: August 21, 2018, 09:18:45 am »
That interview shows that the c*nt still lives in the 1960's. Football has changed beyond all recognition you dopey old owl faced c*nt.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #972 on: August 21, 2018, 09:42:28 am »
As someone mentioned previously which I noticed last night also -

Palace go down to 10 men with 12 minutes left, they're at home, they may as well now go for it and try and get the equaliser - they've got nothing left to lose and may as well take the chance and lose 2-0 trying.

What does the owl do?

Admits defeat and substitutes Townsend (a winger) for Ward (a fullback!)

Top class from Uncle Roy  ;D
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: August 21, 2018, 10:00:10 am »
That interview shows that the c*nt still lives in the 1960's.

Surely you mean 1860s.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: August 21, 2018, 10:09:56 am »
I've said it loads in the past 8 years and probably plenty of times in this thread

One of the biggest c*nts to ever walk through the doors of this great club. Probably in the top 5.
I'd have Diouf and the Cancers in that top 5.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #975 on: August 21, 2018, 10:20:42 am »
“....or you can use that if you want”

“No I don’t think they’ll want that”

:lmao

Horrible twat :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: August 21, 2018, 10:45:09 am »

I love the expression in that photo. That's when he's angry and we saw it in the interview last night in which he made a prize tit of himself as usual.
For him to rail against the penalty, when they got so many last season and then to claim a penalty (that no one else saw) was at the same time both rank hypocrisy and comedy gold.

But as usual what we also got was this massive contradiction which is this pretty good Palace side, and it is a good side, and the "miracle" of Hodgson's rescue job last year, with the added subplot of results with and without Zaha.

We're told this side was shit, doomed etc. until uncle Roy and his experience rode into town. It's a fair bet that without even without Hodgson, results would have picked up on Zaha's return. But as per, Roy has been happy to take the credit.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: August 21, 2018, 10:58:24 am »
Brazilian Ronaldo. And Black & White Paul.
Liar Liar, pants of fire.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #978 on: August 21, 2018, 11:47:09 am »
Liar Liar, pants of fire.

Did Ronaldo not say it?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: August 21, 2018, 11:53:36 am »
For him to rail against the penalty, when they got so many last season and then to claim a penalty (that no one else saw) was at the same time both rank hypocrisy and comedy gold.

In his press conference he then said that if his side ever got a penalty like Liverpool’s last night then he’d be embarrassed, he’d never claim it was in a penalty in post match interviews and that he’d never say such things as “there was contact and therefore a penalty”, and everyone in the media can call him out on it if he ever does. 

A brave claim to make when you’ve got Wilfried Zaha in your team.  How many of those 10 penalties last season were cast iron fouls?

His impotent whingeing and angry old man demeanour have made a satisfying win all the more enjoyable.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: August 21, 2018, 12:05:31 pm »
In his press conference he then said that if his side ever got a penalty like Liverpool’s last night then he’d be embarrassed, he’d never claim it was in a penalty in post match interviews and that he’d never say such things as “there was contact and therefore a penalty”, and everyone in the media can call him out on it if he ever does. 

A brave claim to make when you’ve got Wilfried Zaha in your team.  How many of those 10 penalties last season were cast iron fouls?

His impotent whingeing and angry old man demeanour have made a satisfying win all the more enjoyable.

Watch the "foul" half way through the clip

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n8yaJED554c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n8yaJED554c</a>

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #981 on: August 21, 2018, 12:11:02 pm »
Which challenge is Hodgson even referring to? Van Dijk on Meyer in the last 10 mins of the game? I watched the match, and I genuinely can't think of a situation like that. The penalty on Salah has been given more often than not in my opinion. Triple trip should merit a penalty. Also, we had enough chances to score from normal play, but were a tad wasteful.

I have to admit that Zaha does shield the ball incredibly well, almost like Hazard, just with bigger strides. They both also know exactly when to go down so it looks a foul, even though it's a normal shoulder-to-shoulder battle. Good skill to have.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: August 21, 2018, 12:12:33 pm »
Did Ronaldo not say it?
Doo one ye Muppet.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: August 21, 2018, 12:15:23 pm »
His interview is class.

I thought he was going to burst out crying, and then go off in a huff     :P

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #984 on: August 21, 2018, 12:16:04 pm »
That's true, and when you look at how much simply staying in the league is worth financially, you understand why so many chairmen go for the safer options like Hodgson.

Wonder if he'll replace Mourinho, after all weren't their fans furious, absolutely furious, about the way we treated such a dignified, scholarly gentleman?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #985 on: August 21, 2018, 12:16:11 pm »
He's an entitled little brat. All he should have been doing last night was praising his own players instead of making himself look like an idiot. Even Gary Neville and the Sky commentary team had no issue with the penalty or red card, try as they might.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: August 21, 2018, 12:17:25 pm »
Which challenge is Hodgson even referring to? Van Dijk on Meyer in the last 10 mins of the game? I watched the match, and I genuinely can't think of a situation like that. The penalty on Salah has been given more often than not in my opinion. Triple trip should merit a penalty. Also, we had enough chances to score from normal play, but were a tad wasteful.

I have to admit that Zaha does shield the ball incredibly well, almost like Hazard, just with bigger strides. They both also know exactly when to go down so it looks a foul, even though it's a normal shoulder-to-shoulder battle. Good skill to have.

I think it was that fantastic tackle late on, maybe Gini> where he clearly got his leg around and cleared the ball before the Palace player fell over. Hypocritical c*nt.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #987 on: August 21, 2018, 12:22:53 pm »

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #988 on: August 21, 2018, 12:30:42 pm »
Wonder if he'll replace Mourinho, after all weren't their fans furious, absolutely furious, about the way we treated such a dignified, scholarly gentleman?

I would absolutely cream myself if he became Man United's manager.

Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: August 21, 2018, 12:35:34 pm »
Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
charges
jumps at
kicks or attempts to kick
pushes
strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
tackles or challenges
trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
holds an opponent
impedes an opponent with contact

That's Law 12 Fouls and misconduct.
I'm really not sure why the stupid twat is moaning. From his quotes about being embarrassed if his teams are awarded a similar penalty - talk about making yourself a hostage to fortune.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: August 21, 2018, 12:53:18 pm »
Roy Hodgson spoons otters and eats llama poo poo, pass it on.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #992 on: August 21, 2018, 01:07:57 pm »
The state of the comments below the youtube video - Angriest Hodgson (behind the scenes of an interviewer and the owl snapping at a honest question by questioning back the interviewer)

Some of them praising Hodgson for standing up for all the managers against the evil media.
Some calling him a legend.
Some calling him one of the good guys in football before money ruined it.
Some calling him well mannered Roy.

Very few actually posting the truth that he actually snapped to a honest question or pointing out the man he is or lambasting him for his stint with England. I mean do these other fans don't even realize after this vermin managed the English team in the most shambolic way?

The state of it all. I've lost faith in humanity.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: August 21, 2018, 01:21:47 pm »
The state of the comments below the youtube video - Angriest Hodgson (behind the scenes of an interviewer and the owl snapping at a honest question by questioning back the interviewer)

Some of them praising Hodgson for standing up for all the managers against the evil media.

Very few actually posting the truth that he actually snapped to a honest question or pointing out the man he is or lambasting him for his stint with England. I mean do these other fans don't even realize after this vermin managed the English team in the most shambolic way?

The best part of youtube is reading the comments.

Bless each and every one of the dumb c*nts    ;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: August 21, 2018, 01:23:43 pm »
He's a stain on our glorious history.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: August 21, 2018, 01:26:44 pm »
If Rafa walks away next May Fat mike would be thick enough to employ Hodgson.   
:boxhead
:rash

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: August 21, 2018, 01:31:17 pm »

Had another debate with my uncle (Spurs) at the weekend who still thinks Hodgson was unfairly treated at Liverpool. I think most people that didn't have to sit through those games and those press conferences might think the same. People think he's a class act, a gent.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #997 on: August 21, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »
He’s a man for a certain job. The managerial hiring handbook should read something like:

Hire Colin Wanker to get you out of the Championship
Hire Tony Pulis to keep you up
Hire Roy Hodgson to avoid a relegation battle
Hire Sam Allardyce to make you top half
Hire David Moyes to get you into top seven.

They are all examples of one dimensional managers who shouldn’t be hired for other jobs. Roy will have just about hit his ceiling now.

You can try and go this route but it’ll cost you a tonne in settlements when you sack them. Better to gamble or more progressive managers like Rafa who can work wonders if given the right backing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:50:43 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #998 on: August 21, 2018, 02:08:22 pm »
Had another debate with my uncle (Spurs) at the weekend who still thinks Hodgson was unfairly treated at Liverpool. I think most people that didn't have to sit through those games and those press conferences might think the same. People think he's a class act, a gent.

It says a hell of a lot about the state of our media that so many people have this opinion. And nothing complimentary. The man is a total bellend and always will be.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #999 on: August 21, 2018, 02:17:46 pm »

Well i'm sure he'd be delighted if Spurs hired him when Poch heads for Madrid then.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly