Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3444244 times)

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Feli8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. Special Once Thread.
« Reply #3360 on: October 17, 2017, 01:07:48 pm »
I'd have taken their season over ours last year. Same again so far this year.

"They've had an easy start", compared to ours? Draws against Watford, Burnley and Newcastle don't say much about us.

I'm not even having a go about us either, I just don't get why everyone pure fumes about Man Utd 'not getting beat' against us.

I'll take a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford later in the season in exchange for wins against Watford, Burnley and Newcastle.
You do realise this thread is for taking the piss ? If you want to big them up, discuss seriously about them then find the other thread that's somewhere on here and not pollute this thread with your bollocks.

This thread when not infested with snide Mancs has many who want to try and be clever comparing us and them, again this is not the thread for this so kindly do one and use the appropriate thread for your love-in.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3361 on: October 17, 2017, 01:10:56 pm »
"I needed my bench, and I didn't have a bench," said the Portuguese.

Marcus Rashford, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard must be thrilled with that statement.

he's trying to build a squad on a shoestring tbf
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3362 on: October 17, 2017, 01:14:46 pm »
But rather than worrying about what they are doing, why aren't we asking why we never beat them? You know, considering they are shite and all that.

We seem to be more arsed about them stopping us from scoring than the issue of us not being able to break sides down

We do worry about why we're not beating them (or other teams) at the moment. A lot's been written about it. It's because our finishing is really poor at the moment.

This particular conversation is about Mourinho though. Think of it like this: At any football club you need EVERYONE to be adding value in some way - the chairman, the manager, the physio, the keeper, the right back, the centre back, etc, etc. On Saturday, Mourinho - the most important person at their club - added absolutely no value to proceedings. It was DdG's brilliance that got them a point. So when the most important person at a club isn't adding value, it should be scrutinised. That's why he's being questioned by us, the media and even by Man Utd fans who aren't used to that type of bollocks from their team. That's all.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3363 on: October 17, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »
But rather than worrying about what they are doing, why aren't we asking why we never beat them? You know, considering they are shite and all that.

We seem to be more arsed about them stopping us from scoring than the issue of us not being able to break sides down

Did you just stumble in here without reading the thread title?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3364 on: October 17, 2017, 01:25:42 pm »
Sorry lads, seems I didn't know there was more than one thread about all things Manchester United on the Liverpool forum.

I'll go in search of the many more and have a moan there.

At least I know this is the piss taking thread now, nice one! Good to know where to come when they aren't winning trophies or above us in the league!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3365 on: October 17, 2017, 01:27:23 pm »

Last five games between us, one win for us and four draws.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: October 17, 2017, 01:35:17 pm »
Sorry lads, seems I didn't know there was more than one thread about all things Manchester United on the Liverpool forum.

I'll go in search of the many more and have a moan there.

At least I know this is the piss taking thread now, nice one! Good to know where to come when they aren't winning trophies or above us in the league!

Fair warning like, but constantly whinging about not being able to crow about how good United are probably won’t get you the nicest labels inthe world. I’ve never really clocked you before, but trying to find excuses to shoehorn stuff like ‘I’d swap their season for ours’ and ‘I’ll come and take the piss when they’re not winning trophies’ doesn’t look great from a non-troll standpoint.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: October 17, 2017, 01:40:02 pm »
Well Xxavi did say last year that Fraudiola would need to spend another £400m to show his "genius" didn't he?, one thing I'll say for shitcoat, is he has achieved with teams in Portugal, with limited resources, Guardiola has only ever coached teams with unlimited money (or close to it), would love to see his "genius" work as manager of Burnley.

This is one of the laziest and dumbest fucking lines that get trotted out about Guardiola time and again. 

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3368 on: October 17, 2017, 01:47:15 pm »
Fair warning like, but constantly whinging about not being able to crow about how good United are probably won’t get you the nicest labels inthe world. I’ve never really clocked you before, but trying to find excuses to shoehorn stuff like ‘I’d swap their season for ours’ and ‘I’ll come and take the piss when they’re not winning trophies’ doesn’t look great from a non-troll standpoint.
I couldn't give two fucks about Manchester United and what they are up to.

I'm more interested in what we are about and it seemed like when I came in here most of us were arsed about Mourinho and United being boring rather than discussing why we couldn't break them down.

When I see stuff like that it makes me cringe a little, especially when they are sitting in 2nd and we are 8th. Then you get people spouting off "well we finished 4th and they finished 6th last year". So what? They won two cups and ending up in the same Champions League as us.

We are both underachieving and that is that.

Again sorry, didn't realise this was the 'taking the piss' thread. For me, it seems a bit cringeworthy to be taking the piss out of them from where we are sat though.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: October 17, 2017, 01:47:23 pm »
This is one of the laziest and dumbest fucking lines that get trotted out about Guardiola time and again.
It isn't true then?, silly me.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: October 17, 2017, 01:56:59 pm »

I'm more interested in what we are about and it seemed like when I came in here most of us were arsed about Mourinho and United being boring rather than discussing why we couldn't break them down.

When I see stuff like that it makes me cringe a little, especially when they are sitting in 2nd and we are 8th. Then you get people spouting off "well we finished 4th and they finished 6th last year". So what? They won two cups and ending up in the same Champions League as us.

Again sorry, didn't realise this was the 'taking the piss' thread. For me, it seems a bit cringeworthy to be taking the piss out of them from where we are sat though.

You don’t think it’s a bit kneejerk to only find things to take the piss out of our rivals when we’re doing better than them? Fair enough.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: October 17, 2017, 01:58:11 pm »
It isn't true then?, silly me.

It’s clearly not true.

That Barca team, probably the best club side ever, wasn’t built on vast amounts of unlimited money.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3372 on: October 17, 2017, 01:58:36 pm »
"I needed my bench, and I didn't have a bench," said the Portuguese.

Marcus Rashford, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard must be thrilled with that statement.
none of those are fellaini

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3373 on: October 17, 2017, 02:00:24 pm »
You don’t think it’s a bit kneejerk to only find things to take the piss out of our rivals when we’re doing better than them? Fair enough.
I can pick holes in their performance all day. But taking the piss out of them is a bit different.

I bet the 'taking the piss out of Everton' thread is fun. Where is that? I'll have to find it
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:05:49 pm by G a r y »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3374 on: October 17, 2017, 02:03:06 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: October 17, 2017, 02:12:07 pm »
I can pick holes in their performance all day. But taking the piss out of them is a bit different.

I bet the 'taking the piss out of Everton' thread is fun. Where is that? I'll have to find it

Of all the games to take the piss out of, considering their league position compared to ours, the last game is about the best one. Taking the piss out of them after they won 4-0 and we lost 5-0 would be weird. Taking the piss when they came to Anfield and played like Bolton to try and scrape a 0-0 is completely acceptable :)

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3376 on: October 17, 2017, 02:17:43 pm »
Of all the games to take the piss out of, considering their league position compared to ours, the last game is about the best one. Taking the piss out of them after they won 4-0 and we lost 5-0 would be weird. Taking the piss when they came to Anfield and played like Bolton to try and scrape a 0-0 is completely acceptable :)
I see your point, I really do.

I'd feel more comfortable taking the piss though if we were 7 points clear of them rather than it being the opposite way round.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3377 on: October 17, 2017, 02:20:47 pm »

I'll help you a little bit.

We've lost two matches this season. League Cup with the kids. And to City when Mane was sent off and that ruined a good match.

In between, we've not been out played in any of the matches. Unlucky with some Refs calls..blatantly the first match of the season for the tying goal that was offsides and goal keeper interference. Of course they say these things even out over the course of the season so our bank is busting with credits.

Now some may complain about we've drawn to much. Being an AOP I can tell yuo in the last 15-20 years we've gone into matches and "hoped" we could win. Knowing if the other side scored first we'd have a major uphill struggle. Under Klopp that is no longer the case. We look like winning every match.

That is progress.

The next step is to convert chances. This will come. How do I know you ask? because we virtually have the same side that led the League at new years just last season. We were on fire scoring goals for fun.

So one can micro manage things and only look at the negative or one can be a Believer and not a Doubter.

As for the Mancs, could barely care less. Our match was the first one i've watched them for 90 minutes. The only thing I care about is us. We're fine but not great. We will get to great this season with Klopp in charge. Does that mean win the League or win a Cup. Not necessarily but it is possible.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: October 17, 2017, 02:23:29 pm »
I see your point, I really do.

I'd feel more comfortable taking the piss though if we were 7 points clear of them rather than it being the opposite way round.

Guess everyones different.

I'll always look for reasons to take the piss out of our rivals, regardless of where they are compared to us. For, like, twenty years it was pretty impossible to take the piss out of them. Since the old tramp left, I kinda feel like its open season on them. Might still seem a bit daft, but fuck it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:53:56 pm by Frankenweenie »

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3379 on: October 17, 2017, 02:30:15 pm »
I'll help you a little bit.

We've lost two matches this season. League Cup with the kids. And to City when Mane was sent off and that ruined a good match.

In between, we've not been out played in any of the matches. Unlucky with some Refs calls..blatantly the first match of the season for the tying goal that was offsides and goal keeper interference. Of course they say these things even out over the course of the season so our bank is busting with credits.

Now some may complain about we've drawn to much. Being an AOP I can tell yuo in the last 15-20 years we've gone into matches and "hoped" we could win. Knowing if the other side scored first we'd have a major uphill struggle. Under Klopp that is no longer the case. We look like winning every match.

That is progress.

The next step is to convert chances. This will come. How do I know you ask? because we virtually have the same side that led the League at new years just last season. We were on fire scoring goals for fun.

So one can micro manage things and only look at the negative or one can be a Believer and not a Doubter.

As for the Mancs, could barely care less. Our match was the first one i've watched them for 90 minutes. The only thing I care about is us. We're fine but not great. We will get to great this season with Klopp in charge. Does that mean win the League or win a Cup. Not necessarily but it is possible.
Preaching to the choir here mate, but thanks for having a go. Not really sure you got the point I was trying to make about taking the piss out of Man Utd.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3380 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:30 pm »
Guess everyones different.

I'll always look for reasons to take the piss out of our rivals, regardless of where they are compared to us. For, like, twenty years it was pretty impossible to take the piss out of them. Since the old tramp left, I kinda feel like its open season on them. Might still seem a bit daft, but fuck it.
Fair enough

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3381 on: October 17, 2017, 02:33:35 pm »
Why are you continuing to reply in a thread that is designed to take the piss out of them? Fair enough if you don't think we should be taking the piss out of them but could you not let the door hit you on the way out please?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3382 on: October 17, 2017, 02:45:45 pm »
Why are you continuing to reply in a thread that is designed to take the piss out of them? Fair enough if you don't think we should be taking the piss out of them but could you not let the door hit you on the way out please?
Turn it in you beaut, i'm replying to people replying to me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: October 17, 2017, 02:50:10 pm »
Why are you continuing an argument after the lad has already said, "Fair enough."? That should've been the end enough. Now, don't make me waste my time making some popcorn. Move on. Everyone.

Anyway, there's never a bad time to take the piss out of Man United. Right? :wave

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: October 17, 2017, 02:52:19 pm »
Preaching to the choir here mate, but thanks for having a go. Not really sure you got the point I was trying to make about taking the piss out of Man Utd.

I left that alone as I thought you'd sussed this was a piss taking thread.

As for that, it's always the time to take the piss out of them..imho. Especially in recent years when they've dropped their standards since Fergie left and they try as hard as they can to justify things.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3385 on: October 17, 2017, 03:04:35 pm »
Are manc fans actually happy with his approach to these games?

Mourinho's away record in the league against their top 6 rivals is simply pathetic since he joined them...

Liverpool 0-0
Chelsea 4-0

City 0-0
Arse 2-0
Spurs 2-1
Liverpool 0-0

Played 6 Won 0 D3 L3 F1 A8 Pts: 3/18

It's Moyes-like stuff.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: October 17, 2017, 03:05:48 pm »
So it's obvious Mourinho's tactics are to smash the lesser sides while not losing to the stronger sides.
The tactics although cowardly were sound, defend well and hope to nick one on the break or through a mistake.

We defended well enough,you didn't have many decent efforts. De Gea was only truly troubled once. I thought your midfield and defence were fantastic though and that stopped the second part of our plan. They hemmed us in and cut the supply to Lukaku, and your defenders didn't put a foot wrong. Fair play to them as I think they are usually dogshit.

Good result, the league is a marathon and not a sprint after all.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3387 on: October 17, 2017, 03:09:24 pm »
The tactics although cowardly were sound, defend well and hope to nick one on the break or through a mistake.

Surely you expect more than that though? Your squad is one of the most expensive in the World, Mourinho isn't working with Rooney, Ramirez and Sigurdsson.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3388 on: October 17, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »
Why are you continuing an argument after the lad has already said, "Fair enough."? That should've been the end enough. Now, don't make me waste my time making some popcorn. Move on. Everyone.

Anyway, there's never a bad time to take the piss out of Man United. Right? :wave

Point taken.

I'd be absolutely appalled and embarrassed if my table topping globetrotters caused less problems for the shaky Liverpool defence than Crystal Palace.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3389 on: October 17, 2017, 03:16:53 pm »
So it's obvious Mourinho's tactics are to smash the lesser sides while not losing to the stronger sides.

Those tactics served you mightily well last season in the league didn't they.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3390 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »

We defended well enough,you didn't have many decent efforts. De Gea was only truly troubled once. I thought your midfield and defence were fantastic though and that stopped the second part of our plan. They hemmed us in and cut the supply to Lukaku, and your defenders didn't put a foot wrong. Fair play to them as I think they are usually dogshit.

Good result, the league is a marathon and not a sprint after all.

One of the most expensive squads in the history of football, assembled to nick a point.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: October 17, 2017, 03:39:30 pm »
Jose is what he is, and it's served him well in the past.

Sure i'd like a bit of Klopp's bravery in these sort of games but on the flipside, Klopp could do with a bit of Jose's pragmatism in some games too.

Overall i'm happy with Jose, we've played some really enjoyable football on the whole so far this season, we are solid at the back with that lad from Stoke being the only player to score against us in the league. We are scoring plenty of goals and are unbeaten. He's earned a bit of trust from the fans to do what he needs to.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: October 17, 2017, 03:44:37 pm »
Jose is what he is, and it's served him well in the past.
True dat - the perennial Two Season Fraud. He lacks the ability to achieve sustained development. Then, every couple of years, it suddenly becomes Everybody Else's fault - and he reinvents himself (this time around as the TK Maxx Window Mannequin) - you'll see. It would be sad if it weren't so amusing.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: October 17, 2017, 03:46:17 pm »
Don't see how he's a fraud, his medals say otherwise.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: October 17, 2017, 04:00:25 pm »
He's using PSG to get a new contract at Utd.

Then, as history tells us, he invents friction and dissension in order to get sacked. Then he gets his big pay out. Moves on to another side. Rinse and repeat.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: October 17, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
Don't see how he's a fraud, his medals say otherwise.
What 4pool said. Fraud here is a relative term. He's the antithesis of Hodgson in that regard. Short term success versus long term failure in the guise of hope. It's not hard to see why both continue in employment really. But that's modern football for you. As he said lather rinse repeat.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3396 on: October 17, 2017, 04:39:42 pm »
Well Xxavi did say last year that Fraudiola would need to spend another £400m to show his "genius" didn't he?, one thing I'll say for shitcoat, is he has achieved with teams in Portugal, with limited resources, Guardiola has only ever coached teams with unlimited money (or close to it), would love to see his "genius" work as manager of Burnley.

In Guardiola's first season as a manager, he took over a Barcelona side which finished some 20 points behind Madrid the season before, sold Deco, Ronaldinho, Thuram, Edmilson & Zambrotta. Replaced them with Busquets, Pedro and Jeffrén from the B team, as well as Dani Alves, Caceres, Hleb, Pique & Keita. Became the first Spanish club to win the treble that season having gutted the team of most of it's star players.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: October 17, 2017, 06:51:48 pm »
What 4pool said. Fraud here is a relative term. He's the antithesis of Hodgson in that regard. Short term success versus long term failure in the guise of hope. It's not hard to see why both continue in employment really. But that's modern football for you. As he said lather rinse repeat.
Or like you mentioned, it's just modern football.
Dalglish, Rodgers and Benitez were all sacked shortly after signing new contracts too.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #3398 on: October 17, 2017, 10:29:14 pm »
It was ugly, but it worked. If Lukaku had taken his chance from the best move of the game it would have worked even better. I'm not pleased with it and I yearn for a more attacking style, but if our current form continues one cannot complain.

That said, and as I've been harping on about on here, I don't see the attacking form lasting because Miki isn't good enough and we need a player of his ilk who is good enough.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: October 18, 2017, 12:45:22 am »
Or like you mentioned, it's just modern football.
Dalglish, Rodgers and Benitez were all sacked shortly after signing new contracts too.

The difference is that none of those three signed a new contract and then engineers a move to get sacked for the payout. Jose does.