Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 1326354 times)

Online RebeccaLFC

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #25080 on: June 22, 2022, 10:39:48 am »
apple/samsung don't have your biometrics. your phone does, but the company doesn't. do you really want a private company to hold your biometrics? i don't even think LFC would want that level of risk even if it's managed by a third party.

you introduce biometrics and suddenly open the football world to potential further surveillance and punishment.

I dunno. Third parties probably hold more than what I would like to already because of the advancement in technology. I doubt LFC would introduce anything they werenít 100% sure on. So itís up to them.

How does biometrics bring punishment to the football world? Trying to think of a scenario and canít!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25081 on: June 22, 2022, 10:41:27 am »
Its not a football issue, its a supply and demand issue at LFC - other clubs dont have this issue

My point still stands. Football fans are already treated like shit. No need to open it up further with introducing things like biometrics just to watch a match.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline dr62499

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA
« Reply #25082 on: June 22, 2022, 10:59:45 am »
Might be a pre-req in place for it to be received or might be a limit to receive - depends on the final details

I'd hope there's a limit or a credit structure required but it wouldnt surprise me if not

I use my mates ST for a few games a year. Would i get credits for any games attended on his ST if thats the case? Build myself up to 13+ in 1 season and he still gets his ST for following season while im then on 13+?

Offline didopich

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25083 on: June 22, 2022, 11:14:20 am »
I use my mates ST for a few games a year. Would i get credits for any games attended on his ST if thats the case? Build myself up to 13+ in 1 season and he still gets his ST for following season while im then on 13+?
ST don't have credits yo give so this rule if indeed is announced will just be for members.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #25084 on: June 22, 2022, 11:48:53 am »
Feels like if they change the system it seems to be causing more issues than solving imo
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25085 on: June 22, 2022, 11:59:19 am »
Feels like if they change the system it seems to be causing more issues than solving imo

I've no issues with the system being changed in terms of you not getting the credit if you don't attend yourself, but I totally disagree with the person you are sending it to getting the credit instead.

As has been said, someone could get a brand new membership and potentially get to 13+ just by getting their mates to send them credits, whereas someone that doesn't have a group of mates with credits and has to put the graft in gets fucked over.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #25086 on: June 22, 2022, 12:36:32 pm »
No point arguing about the if buts and maybes. Wait till the details are published god knows what could change between now and then

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25087 on: June 22, 2022, 01:12:32 pm »

Any inside info as to when we can expect details of the ballot registration for the July sale?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25088 on: June 22, 2022, 01:19:19 pm »
I've no issues with the system being changed in terms of you not getting the credit if you don't attend yourself, but I totally disagree with the person you are sending it to getting the credit instead.

As has been said, someone could get a brand new membership and potentially get to 13+ just by getting their mates to send them credits, whereas someone that doesn't have a group of mates with credits and has to put the graft in gets fucked over.

Exactly as I see it.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25089 on: June 22, 2022, 02:01:30 pm »

Any inside info as to when we can expect details of the ballot registration for the July sale?

Sales are w/c 18th so I would expect ballots to open the week before

Probs announce everything at a similar time with ACS too

Offline James_1906

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25090 on: June 22, 2022, 02:03:51 pm »
Sales are w/c 18th so I would expect ballots to open the week before

Probs announce everything at a similar time with ACS too
ACS should be this week or next as they have said June.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25091 on: June 22, 2022, 02:28:32 pm »
ACS should be this week or next as they have said June.

June for what? info or sale? June runs till a week on thursday

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25092 on: June 22, 2022, 02:45:24 pm »
There is a supply and demand issue because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world end of. However, there is a lot of people who have special privileges who are involved as a badge of honour or something.

I do not have a single mate who can just give credits away. You build to 13 so you can try to go every game and at least try to be on par with the (lets face it) inherited season ticket crew. It may happen for a few, but it is certainly not the norm. People generally want to go the game, not deal in credits.

This may not stop touts, although it will force them to work harder.

In fact it should be across the board, season tickets included. Go the game or go and get a sky subscription. Its not a badge or a status, it is going to watch your local side. Sick of hearing about families with multiple tickets dishing them out and fuck all happens.

Go the game get the credit. That is a level playing field and sorts all issues out.

Offline didopich

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25093 on: June 22, 2022, 04:06:05 pm »
People saying this will make touts work harder...it really won't make em do anything. They already started using screen shots of details and QR codes. No need to bother with burner phones as someone suggested on here.
If this is announced it doesn't change anything for touts but it does open a loophole for getting credits quicker.
I agree who ever gets the game as a gift from a friend should not be getting the credit for it but the sender should lose it. That way if u r on say 18 you'll do it 3 times and then you'll stop. Or the club should let everyone distribute officially max 3 times as it used to be before when you ring the office. After that you lose credits.

Offline 77kop05

• Main Stander
« Reply #25094 on: June 22, 2022, 06:44:23 pm »
People saying this will make touts work harder...it really won't make em do anything. They already started using screen shots of details and QR codes. No need to bother with burner phones as someone suggested on here.
If this is announced it doesn't change anything for touts but it does open a loophole for getting credits quicker.
I agree who ever gets the game as a gift from a friend should not be getting the credit for it but the sender should lose it. That way if u r on say 18 you'll do it 3 times and then you'll stop. Or the club should let everyone distribute officially max 3 times as it used to be before when you ring the office. After that you lose credits.

Surely they'll be wise to the QR code not refreshing by now and sort that out. And even with burner phones , one id check and that'll be the seasons  tickets gone. Unless touts are handing out id to with the phones ?

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Kopite
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25095 on: June 22, 2022, 07:10:55 pm »
Be interesting to see what they bring in if people have holidays etc

Offline James_1906

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25096 on: June 22, 2022, 07:12:24 pm »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25097 on: June 22, 2022, 07:42:48 pm »
ST don't have credits yo give so this rule if indeed is announced will just be for members.

Something similar should be brought in for STs if this is the road the club are planning on going.

Offline 77kop05

• Main Stander
« Reply #25098 on: June 22, 2022, 07:57:17 pm »
Something similar should be brought in for STs if this is the road the club are planning on going.

Exactly, how many season tickets get passed around ? A tidy few I bet.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #25099 on: June 22, 2022, 08:59:33 pm »

Not a chance that would happen. STHs will never lose a credit for passing on a ticket, not sure why someone on there F&F should gain.

The STH canít go, they sell it on through the exchange and then the member gets the credit.

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter me bro
« Reply #25101 on: June 22, 2022, 10:35:17 pm »
Be interesting to see what they bring in if people have holidays etc

we're not allowed holidays now mate  :D

i have a holiday on one CL week. going to buy a flight on the Thurs/Fri instead of the Tues I pre-booked now just to avoid any issues. i've been to every CL home game in the Klopp era i'm pretty sure.

shorter holiday vs. falling off the CL ladder. it's a choice people are going to have to make... or we're just going to have swathes of screenshots and burners.
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25102 on: June 23, 2022, 08:21:31 am »
we're not allowed holidays now mate  :D

i have a holiday on one CL week. going to buy a flight on the Thurs/Fri instead of the Tues I pre-booked now just to avoid any issues. i've been to every CL home game in the Klopp era i'm pretty sure.

shorter holiday vs. falling off the CL ladder. it's a choice people are going to have to make... or we're just going to have swathes of screenshots and burners.

I get this, but the club have no way of verifying if you're genuinely on holiday or "on holiday" because you can't be arsed doing Norwich in the FA cup 3rd round or a dead rubber CL night. If you're not going you shouldn't be getting 'points' for doing so

For me they should allow you to pass on and you lose the credit in the league, but the other doesn't gain it unless they qualified for that match.

In cups you can pass on and stay in ACS for that season, but you can't enter the final ballots if you haven't attended every cup game and the following year your credit is set at what you actually attended

It'll be the same across the board though, so after a year or two the credit requirements will be lower as people's credit counts reduce at the top level the guaranteed number will lower

This will be taking a step back to 2019/20 where instead of meeting someone outside to pass them a members card, you'll be meeting them to pass a burner

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Kopite
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25103 on: June 23, 2022, 08:28:25 am »
Years of loyalty but you can't have a holiday or you fall off the ladder and people wanting biometrics. What a club.

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED
« Reply #25104 on: June 23, 2022, 08:30:39 am »
they should invent a device which you strap to your chest in the stadium and it analyses the sounds you make. If it's mostly boo sounds or screaming at Hendo that he's a c* (ahhh the aul arses at Anfield) you are eliminated from buying a ticket

We could lease it to Everton where the reverse is true!

Offline Pinehurst Alan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25105 on: June 23, 2022, 08:46:43 am »
Anyone bothering with the friendly vs Strasbourg on 31 July? I have a mate who's never been to Anfield and wants to visit all 92, so it seemed like a good opportunity.

I've never seen so much availability! Got 2 on the half way line row 2..

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25106 on: June 23, 2022, 08:53:57 am »
Go to points then like all the other clubs which covers several years, start with 3 or 5 years history

Offline Smudge

• Main Stander
« Reply #25107 on: June 23, 2022, 09:03:27 am »
sale w/c 18 July just announced by @LFCHelp

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25108 on: June 23, 2022, 09:11:56 am »
I get this, but the club have no way of verifying if you're genuinely on holiday or "on holiday" because you can't be arsed doing Norwich in the FA cup 3rd round or a dead rubber CL night. If you're not going you shouldn't be getting 'points' for doing so

What would happen if you bought a ticket for such a game, didnt pass it on, but just didnt go, would the TO know you havent been ?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25109 on: June 23, 2022, 09:12:56 am »
What would happen if you bought a ticket for such a game, didnt pass it on, but just didnt go, would the TO know you havent been ?

They'll know who scanned in and who didnt - easy to remove credit to those who didnt turn up

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25110 on: June 23, 2022, 09:13:24 am »
sale w/c 18 July just announced by @LFCHelp

Nothing new here, was in the prem fixture announcement at 9am last thursday saying w/c 18th

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #25111 on: June 23, 2022, 09:48:36 am »
people worrying about being on holiday for single matches...what about being on holiday when the sale's on!  :-\

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25112 on: June 23, 2022, 11:36:37 am »
people worrying about being on holiday for single matches...what about being on holiday when the sale's on!  :-\

No kop for youuu

Offline didopich

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25113 on: June 23, 2022, 11:40:53 am »
You should know by now that booking a holiday in July is a no no 😝😝😝

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #25114 on: June 23, 2022, 01:33:11 pm »
First school summer holiday since 2015 and probably the last! Last couple of years lulled me into a false sense of security.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25115 on: June 23, 2022, 04:55:30 pm »
If you're lucky enough to get tickets through the members sale, can you print it off, or must you use a phone. Cheers

Online CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Anny Roader
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #25116 on: June 23, 2022, 05:52:58 pm »
If you're lucky enough to get tickets through the members sale, can you print it off, or must you use a phone. Cheers

Have to use Google/Apple pay

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #25117 on: June 23, 2022, 07:13:14 pm »
Just catching up with this thread after taking a break from footy after the end of the season, and the  horror of Paris. Glad the club are trying to do something, but as others have said theres loopholes that others will exploit.

Never realised until reading the comments that the QR codes didn't refresh. In the second half of last season there was a few of these spare ticket twitter pages that popped up, and i was wondering how they were bypassing the QR codes and the friends and family lists. Now I know it was just a screenshot that sellers were forwarding on

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25118 on: June 23, 2022, 08:47:19 pm »
Just catching up with this thread after taking a break from footy after the end of the season, and the  horror of Paris. Glad the club are trying to do something, but as others have said theres loopholes that others will exploit.

Never realised until reading the comments that the QR codes didn't refresh. In the second half of last season there was a few of these spare ticket twitter pages that popped up, and i was wondering how they were bypassing the QR codes and the friends and family lists. Now I know it was just a screenshot that sellers were forwarding on

The stupid thing is though if the QR code doesn't refresh and gets out there then it could be shared round hundreds of times  and it'd work for all subsequently purchased games too. it'd be first to the turnstile to see who gets in. So hopefully the morons sending them on would also be locked out.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25119 on: June 23, 2022, 10:18:46 pm »

Acording to ToneLa, if you dont have a smart phone you can get in via members card