QF 3: Vivabobbygraham
11 (17.2%)
QF 4: red1977
9 (14.1%)
QF 4: Crosby Nick
7 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 25, 2023, 06:48:47 pm

Author Topic: Sly Sports Premier League draft - Quarter Finals  (Read 903 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sly Sports Premier League draft - Quarter Finals
« on: November 24, 2023, 06:48:47 pm »
Welcome to the world of Sly Sports where all football before 1992 does not exist.

This is a Premier League era draft, so please only judge players on their appearances in the Premier League from 1992 to present day. Any form outside of the league or in any other eras is not relevant. Subs were just for fun and not to be seriously counted in the vote -

_____________________________________________________Quarter Final 1_______________________________________________________

Lone Star Red                                       V                                           child-in-time

Subs: Zlatan, David Luiz, C. Dempsey                                              Subs: F. Sinclair, Ruben Neves, Yorke

___________________________________________________Quarter Final 2_________________________________________________________

RobbieRedman                                            V                                              Tubby   

Subs: D. Traore, Ketsbaia, Kanu

____________________________________________________Quarter Final 3________________________________________________________

Chakan                                      V                                           Vivabobbygraham

Subs: V. Moses, L. Sane, Titi Camara                                                                                                           

___________________________________________________Quarter Final 4_________________________________________________________

red1977                                                   V                                          Crosby Nick   

Subs: R. Huth, E. Berkovic, M. Viduka                                                                        Subs: Origi, Smicer, Piechnik                                                                                         

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Sly Sports Premier League draft - Quarter Finals
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 08:01:44 pm »
Quarter finals wooo, further than I thought I’d get.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 11:03:42 pm »
Bump
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 11:49:56 pm »
Oi, trying to steal my job?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 12:08:53 am »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 07:13:56 am »
Time for me to speak to my mentor Trend, see if I can turn this around by fair means.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 04:21:01 pm »
Getting hammered. Ah well.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 04:35:11 pm »
Getting hammered. Ah well.

Bobby looks like the favourite to win the whole draft. Thought he drafted excellently.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2023, 04:36:46 pm »
Yeah think bobby has the best team. Strong all over the pitch.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2023, 04:39:04 pm »
Like Bobby's team but wonder if folks are voting based on peak Robben and Modric, not the PL versions.  They were good, but not at the level they reached elsewhere.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2023, 04:42:33 pm »
Like Bobby's team but wonder if folks are voting based on peak Robben and Modric, not the PL versions.  They were good, but not at the level they reached elsewhere.

That's fair. Robben was quite injury plagued in the time he was in the Premier League too. It's why I swerved him. Modric wasn't at his peak, but he was still very very good and his form is why Madrid signed him.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2023, 05:03:26 pm »

Duff > Robben at Chelsea.

Modric made an immediate impact at Spurs. He was obviously never going to win the stuff he won at Real with them!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2023, 08:56:47 pm »
Say's the guy with Diogo Costa and Markus Babbel in their team. I think your suggestion that 'folks' aren't quite sure what they are voting for is very condescending tubby - so unlike you -  and requires an apology to the 'folks' you accuse. It's very clear in the rules BB put out there that it was their PL form. I think our little draft family are eminently capable of differentiating, don't you?

Nice try with the, 'like Bobby's team but...' Sow a few seeds of doubt, particularly when trying to win with a midfield that has Tim Cahill in it. Knock out...

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2023, 09:00:12 pm »
That's fair. Robben was quite injury plagued in the time he was in the Premier League too. It's why I swerved him. Modric wasn't at his peak, but he was still very very good and his form is why Madrid signed him.

It's why I've got Sane on the bench, BB  ;) 

Also, Ledly King, Mousa Dembele, Diogo Costa and Markus Babbel say hi  :wave

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2023, 09:18:52 pm »
Yeah think bobby has the best team. Strong all over the pitch.

Thank you, Hazell. Then could you please ask your many wives to vote along with you my friend. It's a tough crowd  :lmao :lmao

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2023, 09:21:41 pm »
Bobby looks like the favourite to win the whole draft. Thought he drafted excellently.

Thank you, BB. Long way to go and although I have had many disappointments, this is my favourite draft so far and I couldn't give a flying fuck whether I win or not

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2023, 09:26:11 pm »
Duff > Robben at Chelsea.

Modric made an immediate impact at Spurs. He was obviously never going to win the stuff he won at Real with them!

Precisely Nick. I'd put him just ahead of Tim Cahill in that period