Author Topic: RAWK Premier League Predictions Thread 2023/24 - Chat, scores, league tables  (Read 9649 times)

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
will check tomorrow

Could it be that something went wrong when sorting? I had 7 points in round 1, and when you posted the round 1 scores, it did indeed say I had 7. But when you posted round 2, my score for round 1 somehow changed, and now it says 5. And I think I scored 8 in round 2, but in your spreadsheet I'm on 9.

It's a long shot, but I have a feeling you did all the scoring correctly, but the names don't match the scores any more.

Just trying to help. ;D

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
Am I in the premier league or championship mate? I noticed 2 haven’t posted first 2 weeks so wouldn’t that move 2 people from the championship up? Cheers

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I posted this in the sign up thread. Normally people would be pushed up a division if someone failed to confirm they're playing.
If Wabaloolah has decided to stick with the original players regardless of whether they're in or out then that's a change to tradition  :D

PREMIER LEAGUE

The G in Gerrard
Bored
Youngest Son of Skittle
Barneylfc
Cape_Tear
Emerald Red
bryanod
KeegansPerm
Ycuzz
WillG.LFC
Thush
Prof
redforlife
amir87
RJH
XabiArt
gary75
nayia2002
Keita Success
Carllfc

CHAMPIONSHIP

Sami
olly
Crosby Nick
Garrus
bobinhood
vivabobbygraham
sameold
Wabaloolah
Rhino
Vishwa Atma
jackh
Salger
mickitez
bradders1011
Port_Vale_Lad
SvenJohanson
mushi007
Bennett
Anthony
tommyLFC

LEAGUE ONE

Chris Sutton

If Wbaloolah is going to stick to the same rules I would apply, these will be the divisions for the season ahead.
No idea if Black Bull Nova, Skittle or RobbieRedman made predictions, so if they have it's then up to Wabaloolah to decide.
League One would be a bit shit with only Chris Sutton, but I'd be keeping him around to bump up to the Championship if any of the players dropped out in the first couple of weeks.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
Just a thought... If there are no head to heads, do we even need divisions?  Currently, it's just the points you score for each round.  It would be a bit strange if someone in the championship got more points than the winner of the Premier league.  The head to heads were the justification for the divisions and added another element.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Forgot again. Fucking Friday nights.

Still, was it only the head to heads where you lost points? If so, no real harm done!

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Just a thought... If there are no head to heads, do we even need divisions?  Currently, it's just the points you score for each round.  It would be a bit strange if someone in the championship got more points than the winner of the Premier league.  The head to heads were the justification for the divisions and added another element.

To reward those who have done well in previous seasons protect the privileges of those who joined earlier than others. ;)

It's a fair point, but I'm sure there must have been seasons in the past when the highest scorer wasn't in the Premier League. I guess whoever runs it gets to decide. :)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Bollocks I've fucked this right up by the looks, I'm away on holiday now until 11th September so any changes will have to wait.

Let's plough on as we are for now and I'll have a look when I get back!

Bugger
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account

Still, was it only the head to heads where you lost points? If so, no real harm done!
yes that's correct

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
yes that's correct

I prefer you to the old boss.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I lost so many points last season missing deadlines so the lack of significant penalty makes missing deadlines a bit less painful  ;D

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
To reward those who have done well in previous seasons protect the privileges of those who joined earlier than others. ;)

It's a fair point, but I'm sure there must have been seasons in the past when the highest scorer wasn't in the Premier League. I guess whoever runs it gets to decide. :)
Yes, but the head to head points are earned against higher ranked players so at least justified the divisions

An option could be to have leagues of just head to head result points being used (and the for and against "goal difference" being used to separate ties).  Then a seperate overall league with all players purely using prediction points.  It might make it easier to administer too.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Pretty sure last season XabiArt was the highest scorer by a fair distance

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Yes, but the head to head points are earned against higher ranked players so at least justified the divisions

An option could be to have leagues of just head to head result points being used (and the for and against "goal difference" being used to separate ties).  Then a seperate overall league with all players purely using prediction points.  It might make it easier to administer too.

I completely agree, but if it takes more effort than whoever's running it can manage, then we're stuck with what we have. :)

I think we're now seeing what a superhero Barney was. ;D

BTW,  over on the LFC prediction thread we do just that - a PL with only h-t-h points and prediction points as GD, and an overall league using the actual prediction points. Sadly, the number of players has been dropping for years, so we now barely have 20 for the PL. I'd urge everyone to join. :)

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
Right well this prediction lark is tougher than I thought. Especially when form goes out the window. So far I have 4 points from a possible 21. Damn underdogs are killing me here.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I completely agree, but if it takes more effort than whoever's running it can manage, then we're stuck with what we have. :)

I think we're now seeing what a superhero Barney was. ;D

BTW,  over on the LFC prediction thread we do just that - a PL with only h-t-h points and prediction points as GD, and an overall league using the actual prediction points. Sadly, the number of players has been dropping for years, so we now barely have 20 for the PL. I'd urge everyone to join. :)

I didn't realise how much effort it was until I took it on. I gradually got the hang of it and was able to get a full update in under 25 minutes from about 45 or so when I started it. Was still far too much effort at the end hence having to give it up.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Week 4 now live

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354565.msg19048406#new

I'm not going to get chance to check the previous week's scores or sort the league's out until I get back from holiday on 12th September

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: RAWK Premier League Predictions Thread 2023/24 - Chat, scores, league tables
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2023, 09:06:55 pm »
Week 5 now live, I'll try and take a look at the issues identified tomorrow or Wednesday once I've caught up with 500 unread work emails!

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354565.msg19071841#new

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: RAWK Premier League Predictions Thread 2023/24 - Chat, scores, league tables
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2023, 04:14:05 pm »
Apologies all, I'm not going to have time to do this going forward, I'm totally snowed under with work, hence the reason I haven't updated any scores or logged this weeks fixtures, if someone wants to post the fixtures I will see if I can pick it up again when / if things calm down.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2023, 04:24:29 pm »
I did try to warn you of the effort involved  ;D

Hopefully someone else can pick it up. It's about 40 minutes, probably significantly less in reality with no head to heads to consider, per week.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2023, 06:24:31 pm »
I've chucked the week 7 programme into the predictions thread.

This is not with a view to taking over the scoring, just in the hope someone else does  :wave

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2023, 08:37:47 pm »
Pretty soon the golf fantasy will be the only competition left on here. Probably because there's only five of us taking part. ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2023, 11:34:28 pm »
Pretty soon the golf fantasy will be the only competition left on here. Probably because there's only five of us taking part. ;D

We're diehards in the CL Predictions thread, Bo.  :wave
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
We're diehards in the CL Predictions thread, Bo.  :wave

And then you forget to post an entry. ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
And then you forget to post an entry. ;D

Fuck, shit, piss. What a knobhead. Sorry Bo
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
I've chucked the week 7 programme into the predictions thread.

This is not with a view to taking over the scoring, just in the hope someone else does  :wave

I see Emerald Red has got the latest round going, presumably also not with a view to taking over. :)

I wonder if we could crowdsource the scoring, there's 38 rounds and around 40 of us taking part, if everyone could do one round, we'd get there in the end. No leagues, no cups, no head-to-heads, each one of us would simply have to score a single round, and add the scores to the totals posted by someone else for the previous round. Surely we could all manage that?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wouldn't have an issue with that

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Week 2

Friday 18 August 2023

Nott'm Forest v Sheff Utd (2-1)

Saturday 19 August 2023

Fulham v Brentford ( 0-3)
Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth ( 3-1)
Wolves v Brighton ( 1-4)
Spurs v Man Utd ( 2-0)
Man City v Newcastle ( 1-0)

Sunday 20 August 2023

Aston Villa v Everton ( 4-0)
West Ham v Chelsea ( 3-1)

Monday 21 August 2023

Crystal Palace v Arsenal ( 0-1)

Listed results in the order they were posted, please check your own results, any discrepancies, let me know and I will check and amend.

Anthony 9
Thush 8
Bradders1011 12
BoRed 8
Sami 6
Tommy lfc 6
XabiArt 9
Mickitez 6
Svenjohansen 6
Gary75 6
Rjh 9
Ycuzz 7
The G in Gerrard 9
Keita Success 7
Vivabobbygraham 7
Salter 9
Robinhood 7
Barneylfc* 8
Ollyfrom.tv  6
Garrus 9
Nayia2002 9
Youngest son of skittle 6
Wabaloolah  10
Redforlife  7
Cape_tear 7
Carllfc  7
Emerald red 9
KeegansPerm 11
Jackh  8
Amir87  5
Port_vale_lad  8
Rhino 6
Prof 7
Will.lfc 4
Crosby nick 128  8
Same old  3
Vishwa atma  8

I have not deducted points for late posts,  rhino and all posters below him posted after the forest game had kicked off, put didn't forecast that score anyway.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
I have not deducted points for late posts,  rhino and all posters below him posted after the forest game had kicked off, put didn't forecast that score anyway.

Thanks for that! Hopefully we get some more volunteers to get us going. Someone doing week 1 would help. ;)

I don't think we need any deductions, since we're not doing head-to-heads, as long as we pay attention that we don't give anyone points for games that had already kicked off when they posted.

If anyone wants to do a particular week, let us know in advance, so we don't get multiple people doing the same thing.

Offline gary75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Week 3

Friday 25 August 2023
Chelsea v Luton Town (3-0)

Saturday 26 August 2023
Bournemouth v Spurs (0-2)
Arsenal v Fulham (2-2)
Brentford v Crystal Palace (1-1)
Everton v Wolves (0-1)
Man Utd v Nottingham Forest (3-2)
Brighton v West Ham (1-3)

Sunday 27 August 2023
Burnley v Aston Villa (1-3)
Sheff Utd v Man City (1-2)
Newcastle v Liverpool (1-2)

thush     11
Will.lfc        7
Sami            6
Prof             4
Bradders1011         10
Ycuzz                        7
SvenJohansen         10
Bryanod                     7
Gary75                       8
BoRed                         10
Wabaloolah                4
RJH                              11
Rhino                            4
Amir87                        5
Tommy lfc                    4
Mickitez                       6
Youngest son of skittle      10
Anthony                                  9
Keita success                        11
Redforlife                                 5
Cape_tear                                5
The g in Gerrard                     9
Olly from.tv                             11
Salger                                      8
Garrus                                      7
Barneylfc                                  7
Port_vale_lad                            8
Emerald red                                7
Carllfc                                          6
Keegansperm                            8
Vivabobbygraham                     11
Robinhood                                  8
Nayia2002                                    7
Crosby nick                                 6
Same old                                      5
Jackh                                              8
Xabiart                                             1

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Gone beyond your quota already :).

Offline gary75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
It took 20 minutes to do in that format, just need two screens ideally, I was typing name and score on tablet while calculating the results on my phone screen.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
It took 20 minutes to do in that format, just need two screens ideally, I was typing name and score on tablet while calculating the results on my phone screen.

I'm guessing you're doing everything manually. Barney posted a link to some software that automates the scoring at some point last year, might be worth having a look at the old thread.

It's fine to post the scores in this way, I (or someone else ;)) can add them all up later. Once someone's done week 1, too. ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm guessing you're doing everything manually. Barney posted a link to some software that automates the scoring at some point last year, might be worth having a look at the old thread.

It's fine to post the scores in this way, I (or someone else ;)) can add them all up later. Once someone's done week 1, too. ;D

Hey I paid someone to create that program a long time ago on fiverr and I still have it, here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4010hxlcn3h7r5/ScoreCalculator.exe?dl=0

Wabaloolah posted the opening fixtures in mad formats, but I guess as long as every submission followed his format this will still work  :D

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm bailing out of this league so you can take my name out of the list or table. I'm more interested in the LFC prediction league.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Wabaloolah posted the opening fixtures in mad formats, but I guess as long as every submission followed his format this will still work  :D

I've done the week 1 scores:

Thush 9
bradders 11
gary75 7
SvenJohansen 6
Anthony 10
tommy LFC 5
Sami 5
Keita Success 5
Youngest Son of Skittle 5
Bobinhood 6
XabiArt 7
nayia2002 6
Prof 11
bryanod 9
BoRed 7
Carllfc 7
RJH 5
ollyfrom.tv 17
mickitez 9
amir87 8
KeegansPerm 13
The G in Gerrard 8
Ycuzz 7
Salger 14
Cape_Tear 7
redforlife 6
Barneylfc 11
Wabaloolah 13
Port_vale_lad 13
Garrus 5
Emerald Red 11
sameold 8
Crosby Nick 11
Rhino 8
WillG.LFC 8
vivabobbygraham 3
jackh 5
Vishwa Atma 2

Offline gary75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Week 1

Friday 11 August 2023

Burnley v Man City (0-3)

Saturday 12 August 2023

Arsenal v Nott'm Forest (2-1)
AFC Bournemouth v West Ham (1-1)
Brighton v Luton Town (4-1)
Everton v Fulham (0-1)
Sheff Utd v Crystal Palace (0-1)
Newcastle v Aston Villa (5-1)

Sunday 13 August 2023

Brentford v Spurs (2-2)
Chelsea v Liverpool (1-1)

Monday 14 August 2023
Man Utd v Wolves (1-0)

Thush                   9
Bradders1011          11
Gary75                       7
Anthony                     10
Tommy lfc                  5
Sami                            5
Keita success             5
Youngest son of skittle       5
Robinhood                             6
Xabiart                                    7
Nayia2002                              6
Prof                                          11
Bryanod                                    9
BoRed                                       7
Carllfc                                      7
Rjh                                             5
Ollyfrom.tv                               17
Mickitez                                     9
Amir87                                     8
Keegansperm                          13
The g in Gerrard                       8
Ycuzz                                        7
Salger                                        14
Cape_tear                                  7
Redforlife                                   6
Barneylfc                                   11
Wabaloolah                              13
Port_vale_lad                             13
Garrus                                         5
Emerald red                                11
Sameold                                    8
Crosby nick 128                        11
Rhino                                          8
Willg.lfc                                     8
Vivabobbygraham                     3
Jackh                                          5
Vishwa atma                             2
« Last Edit: October 7, 2023, 10:37:22 pm by gary75 »

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Standings after week 3:

34   ollyfrom.tv
33   bradders1011
32   KeegansPerm
31   Salger
29   Port_vale_lad
28   Anthony
28   Thush
27   Emerald Red
27   Wabaloolah
26   Barneylfc
26   The G in Gerrard
25   BoRed
25   Crosby Nick
25   RJH
23   Keita Success
22   nayia2002
22   Prof
22   SvenJohansen
21   Bobinhood
21   Garrus
21   gary75
21   jackh
21   mickitez
21   vivabobbygraham
21   Ycuzz
21   Youngest Son of Skittle
20   Carllfc
19   Cape_Tear
19   WillG.LFC
18   amir87
18   redforlife
18   Rhino
17   Sami
17   XabiArt
16   bryanod
16   sameold
15   tommy LFC
10   Vishwa Atma

I know we're losing all the leagues and cups, but this way we can at least keeping the competition going until one day someone is willing to do the whole thing again.

I hope people don't start dropping out once there's "nothing to play for" without the fear of relegation.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Week 1
If anyone wants to do a particular week, let us know in advance, so we don't get multiple people doing the same thing.

Beat you to it. ;)

Reassuring that we only differ in one score, I doublechecked and I think Thush scored 9. I'm not checking your week 2 and 3 scores, though. :)

Goes without saying that everyone should be checking their own scores.

Offline gary75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Cheers, I've edited my post after checking, thush did indeed get 9 points.  :thumbsup  with the international break coming up, I may get to do the full fixtures so far.
Once we are up do date, it should be simpler to keep track.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Cheers, I've edited my post after checking, thush did indeed get 9 points.  :thumbsup  with the international break coming up, I may get to do the full fixtures so far.
Once we are up do date, it should be simpler to keep track.

Sounds like you're taking over then. :)

My original idea was that everyone does a fair share, but if you can do multiple rounds, go ahead. I volunteer to keep track of the totals.