Author Topic: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia  (Read 166824 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2023, 12:43:03 pm »
There has got to be a mentality question for these as well. Bottled the League Cup vs an awful utd team, forms been patchy for end of last season and start of this. Also I don’t think Howe is the type of manager to re-create a team once its been worked out, newcastle are very vulnerable on balls in behind and running at there own goal. Can only see that exposed even more in Europe

He's their Mark Hughes
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2023, 12:45:47 pm »
To be fair, they were narrow favourites with the bookies going into the game, so I don't really mind this comment so much. I had much more of an issue with the same manc bellend crying after the game yesterday that they're still better than us. After losing a game at home with a lead and playing against ten men.

There's a pretty weird and distasteful desperation amongst the English media to big Newcastle up, even after they've absolutely shat the bed and made fools of themselves.
Boils my piss.
The last almost meaningful thing they won was the 1968–69 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and yet the media twats always see them as a big club, even before they were sportswashed.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2023, 12:47:04 pm »
Boils my piss.
The last almost meaningful thing they won was the 1968–69 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and yet the media twats always see them as a big club, even before they were sportswashed.

I think the commentator yesterday described the two clubs as 'Northern powerhouses'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2023, 12:56:10 pm »
I think the commentator yesterday described the two clubs as 'Northern powerhouses'.
Fucking joke.
They should be hugely fucking honoured to be mentioned alongside us.
Saudi, blood money c*nts.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2023, 01:19:08 pm »
There's a pretty weird and distasteful desperation amongst the English media to big Newcastle up, even after they've absolutely shat the bed and made fools of themselves.

To be fair, there is nothing weird about it. They are being handsomely paid to do it, just like in the case of Man City. And no, it is not a conspiracy theory, it is just how sportswashing works. For them, it means nothing to spend £5-10 million more on "holidays" and "presents" for most of the top English journos ...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2023, 01:22:21 pm »
To be fair, there is nothing weird about it. They are being handsomely paid to do it, just like in the case of Man City. And no, it is not a conspiracy theory, it is just how sportswashing works. For them, it means nothing to spend £5-10 million more on "holidays" and "presents" for most of the top English journos ...

The media have been bigging them up long before Saudi got the Tories to intervene.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2023, 01:28:39 pm »
The media have been bigging them up long before Saudi got the Tories to intervene.

The media have also been bigging up Everton, when Moshiri took over. If we are being honest, most English journos are pretty stupid and corrupt ...

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2023, 03:17:19 pm »
Laughed how the commentators were talking about Asprilla being a Newcastle legend during the game. Rewriting history to establish these sportwashers as a historied club with legendary players.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2023, 03:24:20 pm »
Hello. Is that Anthony Gordon I see who didn't get a red card.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2023, 03:42:20 pm »
"It’s a while since Newcastle began a game against Liverpool as favourites, but that was their status pre-match..."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/28/premier-league-10-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action

I’m sure they were favourites when we went up there last season. Their home record was very good.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2023, 03:43:54 pm »
"It’s a while since Newcastle began a game against Liverpool as favourites, but that was their status pre-match..."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/28/premier-league-10-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action

I might have dreamt this but a few years ago, weren't Everton considered the favourites going into a game against us?

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2023, 03:44:42 pm »
Laughed how the commentators were talking about Asprilla being a Newcastle legend during the game. Rewriting history to establish these sportwashers as a historied club with legendary players.

I used to use Asprilla as an example of how to fuck up a team when I was teaching teamworking.  Every team goes through a Forming-storming-norming-performing cycle, every team.  Newcastle were performing under Keegan until with about 10 games to go they bought Asprilla and bunged him straight in the team.  That took the team back to forming/storming and before they got to norming/performing again the season had run out and Salford Yerni'ed were champions.  Legend my arse.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2023, 03:46:25 pm »
I might have dreamt this but a few years ago, weren't Everton considered the favourites going into a game against us?

in 2020/21 maybe?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2023, 04:13:03 pm »
This is a Newcastle fan account's comment today.  ;D

These dickheads really think they are in the same galaxy as us.  ;D

https://twitter.com/NUFC_HQ/status/1696159285623886198

Once Klopp leaves, Liverpool will go back to being shite and winning nothing again. It won’t be long.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2023, 04:16:11 pm »
in 2020/21 maybe?

Thought it might have been a few years before then, maybe towards the end of Rodgers' reign?

Forgot about 20/21 though, it might have been then, unfortunately we met them in the middle of a wretched run of form. No surprise we got screwed over with another awful ref decision in that game.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2023, 04:21:49 pm »
Klopp 2.0 is emerging, and with it, mentality monsters 2.0 is on the way too.

New players. New challenges to overcome - tough away game, dodgy decisions, ten men. New markers being laid down.

It all augurs well for a new period of success. We are at the start of that cycle, and the team isn’t fully built yet, but you can see it coming.

Howe is a second tier manager. I don’t like him because of who he chooses to associate with, but at Bournemouth he looked to be very promising. Now at a bigger club, with Saudi riches to spend, and instead of being bold and winning the game at 1-0 up and with a numerical advantage for over an hour, he shrank back and added uncertainty to his team with his choices, whereas Klopp, up against it, had the confidence and plan to go for it, and take the three points.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2023, 04:36:57 pm »

They're barely a substation!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2023, 05:04:32 pm »
Funniest thing is they actually finished BEHIND Man Utd last season. Who we utterly humiliated 7-0 despite going through our worst season in the last decade. And Newcastle fans think they belong in the same breath as us.

They're so knowledgeable they thought they would take advantage of our slow, ageing midfield. The same one that ran miles and forced the mistake from Bruno G for our winner in the 93rd minute. All while being a man light. So clueless.

Brighton are going to slay these Saudis next weekend.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2023, 05:05:47 pm »
More like

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2023, 05:13:50 pm »
Thought it might have been a few years before then, maybe towards the end of Rodgers' reign?

Forgot about 20/21 though, it might have been then, unfortunately we met them in the middle of a wretched run of form. No surprise we got screwed over with another awful ref decision in that game.

Nah no chance we weren't favourites in 20/21. Despite our form, it was Anfield.

Two games spring to mind where they could have been favourites - 15/16 when they had Koeman and were on a good run of form, before Mane scored a last minute winner. Or going back further, the 3-3 under Rodgers.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2023, 05:19:32 pm »

12/13 when they had the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa., etc and we were started the season poorly.  Suárez scored a fantastic equaliser controlling it with his shoulder before rounding Krul.

They finished above us the season before. They came fifth in 11/12 which was their highest league finish in the best part of a decade
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 05:21:25 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2023, 05:29:42 pm »

A battery.

Locals visit, show positivity and expect the barcodes to hit the ground running, watch their toys zip around until the lithium cells run out around the 81st minute, give it another 10 minutes until the shared brain cell realises they've been easily discharged, head for the exits and home with negative minds, stopping only to batter a horse (avoid charges, it's easy to avoid the bizzies in wor shithole).

I knew a Toon supporter in my youth, tried to transform 'er but she was too fucking dim.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2023, 05:36:44 pm »

Their Commercial Department has already sorted the Anthony Gordon merchandise.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2023, 06:03:05 pm »
It was the same with Chelsea after the Russian bankrolled them and Abu Dhabi FC after they were sportswashed.

Trying to get some reflected glory from us, if the manc's weren't so shite the sportswashers would be trying to do the same thing with them too.

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2023, 06:08:29 pm »

Two games spring to mind where they could have been favourites - 15/16 when they had Koeman and were on a good run of form, before Mane scored a last minute winner. Or going back further, the 3-3 under Rodgers.

The Sturridge equaliser in the last min? I think you're right on that one, I remember Sturridge 1st goal which I backed was something like 13-2 which must have meant the sides were close on the match betting (if you're strong favs in a match your main striker is about 3s or 7-2 1st goal)

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2023, 07:05:56 pm »
12/13 when they had the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa., etc and we were started the season poorly.  Suárez scored a fantastic equaliser controlling it with his shoulder before rounding Krul.

They finished above us the season before. They came fifth in 11/12 which was their highest league finish in the best part of a decade

Sorry meant a match vs Everton. Wrong thread I know but one of the comments above just reminded me of it.

Yeah think it might have been the Koeman one.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2023, 07:07:01 pm »
That's what Morrissey said about the Chinese.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2023, 07:12:51 pm »

If it was a dream it’d be one of those where you are walking down Church in a short string vest doing you best to hide your knackers from the families out shopping.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2023, 08:45:27 pm »
If yesterday is anything to go off of, they are going to get rinsed in Europe. Their game management was so incredibly naive.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2023, 09:14:36 pm »
If yesterday is anything to go off of, they are going to get rinsed in Europe. Their game management was so incredibly naive.
Diego Simeone shithouse tactics without the nous.
They are getting twatted all over the place and I'd be very surprised if BehEadie Howe is still there this time next season.

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2023, 09:29:21 pm »
They are getting twatted all over the place and I'd be very surprised if BehEadie Howe is still there this time next season.

He'll get the axe

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2023, 09:36:08 pm »
He'll be lucky to make it to October at this rate. I imagine Howe and Dyche will be top of the bookies' list for the axe fairly soon.

Question is, who do they replace him with? Potter? He was out of his depth at Chelsea. Are the Newcastle players closer to his level?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2023, 09:38:21 pm »
He'll be lucky to make it to October at this rate. I imagine Howe and Dyche will be top of the bookies' list for the axe fairly soon.

Question is, who do they replace him with? Potter? He was out of his depth at Chelsea. Are the Newcastle players closer to his level?

City went from Hughes to Mancini didn’t they?

When they pull the trigger could see them trying to get De Zerbi or whoever is flavour of the month in one of the top European leagues.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2023, 09:44:45 pm »
Or quality.

Didn’t realize how poor their depth is until they had to bring on Targett and Longstaff yesterday.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2023, 09:54:43 pm »
You know, looking back on it, they couldn’t half have done with some Saint Maximan madness there yesterday….

Really odd sale, he was that little bit of madness you need from time to time
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2023, 10:14:10 pm »
Some pretty disturbing video circulating of Lascelles and his brother getting a kicking from a bunch of feral Geordies after a night out.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2023, 10:19:23 pm »
Who the fuck is Jason Tindall?

Imagine being a total nobody and doing that gesture to one of the best managers in the world…when there’s still over an hour of the game remaining. Defines the unearned brashness of the Newcastle setup. They will win the Premier League and Champions League under their current ownership, but not before kicking total no-marks like him and Howe to the curb.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2023, 10:45:23 pm »
Sorry meant a match vs Everton. Wrong thread I know but one of the comments above just reminded me of it.

Yeah think it might have been the Koeman one.

Last time Everton were favourites going into a game against us was October 2012, even then it was very marginal. 8/5 them, 9/5 Liverpool.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2023, 10:51:09 pm »
Last time Everton were favourites going into a game against us was October 2012, even then it was very marginal. 8/5 them, 9/5 Liverpool.

Was that the game Suarez scored and dived in front of Moyes? :D

Finished 2-2 after we had a last minute winner ruled out (familiar tale there).

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2023, 11:23:09 pm »
He'll get the axe
Don't his paymasters use a guillotine?