Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3089998 times)

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Whilst the moderation team accept and recognise the innate links between the clubs ownership and the sanctioning of transfers we'd just like to point out that this thread is to discuss LFC transfers only.

There is a separate thread to discuss the owners here:

FSG discussion thread

Please do not derail the transfer thread ::) with posts relating to the owners.

And likewise, please do not derail the FSG thread with posts relating to transfers [speculation].
« Last Edit: January 2, 2024, 12:41:27 pm by SP »
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 02:06:03 pm »

I do agree Kelleher is probably better than Bazunu at this stage, I think Bazunu has had a very poor season

Not sure anyone can make that call at the moment - we at least have a decent sample size for Bazunu.  Kelleher doesn't play games and the couple of times I've seen him at the Aviva in the last 12 months he's conceded some poor goals from his point of view. I worry about his development more than I should - I really want him to be a star.  He is by far the better of the 2 as a footballer but as for the the other things I don't know because he's never had a run of games. They both have great temperaments.

Kelleher has played 3 times this season for LFC and never more than 8. He's had some great heroic performances for the reds over the last 4 years, and has all the tools to be a top keeper but he's becoming a bit of a myth among the fanbase - really needs this move for his own career and he should be only thinking about his own good. He has 21 senior appearances at 24 years of age. Bazunu has at least 100 more and is 3 years younger.  I care less about the fee and more that he gets a good move where he'll be a number 1. Hope it works out for him.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 02:08:55 pm »
As I mentioned in the post above, fans of all clubs overestimate certain players.  He has made 4 league apperances for us so this is a very bold claim.
For our needs he’s in the top 5/6. Composed and good with his feet. Very good shot stopper too. Name me 5 who could play in this Liverpool side.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 02:11:16 pm »
<<<Harvey Barnes would be good for a low fee/quite low wages.

Because we need more left-sided forwards?

If we are taking someone from Leicester I'd rather it be Dewsbury-Hall.

Been pretty poor this season by all accounts. Can't get in Leicester's team currently.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 02:23:52 pm »
Kelleher being really good with the ball at his feet certainly helps too for prospective clubs. A lot of them, and Brighton especially, play out from the back but there are still loads of goalies who are struggling to do that. Hopefully should add a bit of extra value to whatever his transfer fee is.

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 02:39:42 pm »
 :butt

Just to put my previous post into context, I believe (after we have bought in 2 or 3 first team players) we will have a limited budget and therefore we wont have the funds to go out and spend 100's of millions on our fantasy bench football team (like City!), therefore we will absolutely need to be looking at teams that don't make it in order to provide better legs in certain positions from our bench. There are players from Leicester, Southampton et all that will give us that when you consider how many we are losing/letting go/managed game time, We will need a certain amount of depth in the squad who can run, cover injuries and who can play in the cup games..so yes, Leicester may have been great a few years ago but to discount what they have now based on this season, and how we could utilise some of the players who are all looking at pay cuts/relegation/release clauses is a bit short sighted. There is bench value here!

Don't get me wrong, I would much rather be spunking 250-500m over the space of a transfer window on shiny new players to sit on the bench but it's just not realistic and it doesn't always work! I'm not saying we are beggars but I would say we are certainly pretty bloody good at spotting value.

Agree to a certain extent on my £35m valuation of Kelleher maybe being a bit high but from a negotiation stand point, you should always over price so that you get closer to the actual figure you feel is appropriate for the player. Starting low or on the actual valuation you place on the player will 9 times out of 10 mean you not getting a true and fair value. Liverpool are very good at spotting this flaw in other teams. That extra 10m bargaining power, if we are only saying he is worth 25m, could be the difference between picking up a potential player coming the other way for £50m instead of £60m.

It depends how much an initial 'no' is worth.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 02:54:16 pm »
Yes Kelleher hasn't played enough games for us to demand anything more than 20m for him i feel, we should have sent him on loan this season.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 02:55:48 pm »
Wouldn’t have a problem selling Kelleher but we have to have a sell on and first buy back clause 100% in the agreement.

This is more important than the over all fee.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 02:57:30 pm »
Wouldn’t have a problem selling Kelleher but we have to have a sell on and first buy back clause 100% in the agreement.

This is more important than the over all fee.

Agreed.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 02:58:10 pm »

WTF is going on?  :lmao

Are we really in such a shambles that after being friend-zoned by Tchouameni & Bellingham, the likes of MacAllister are now stringing us along? if he doesn't want to come because of no UCL he can fucking do one! 

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 03:01:36 pm »
Southampton have some potential "squad options" if the price was right.  Bella Kotchap, Livremento (who has a buy back clause from Chelsea) and Lavia (similar with City) are interesting options. And Harvey Barnes wouldn't be a bad squad option from Leicester in all fairness. Supplemental to our main transfer business of course.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2023, 03:07:12 pm »
Southampton have some potential "squad options" if the price was right.  Bella Kotchap, Livremento (who has a buy back clause from Chelsea) and Lavia (similar with City) are interesting options. And Harvey Barnes wouldn't be a bad squad option from Leicester in all fairness. Supplemental to our main transfer business of course.
Bad knee injury out over a year. Not a chance we get him. We have Bradley & Ramsay dont need another young RB.
Barnes not another LW.
Lavia & Bella Kotchup wrong age profile for us. Need players closer to their peak

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2023, 03:10:22 pm »

In all honesty none of the above have really impressed this season. All look like potentially good players but the prices attached to them make them poor value. If we want squad options from Soton, JWP at a cheap could be the perfect Milner replacement. He is at a similar age to Milner when we got him, good professional and could probably be okay with a squad role.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2023, 03:11:14 pm »

Are we really in such a shambles that after being friend-zoned by Tchouameni & Bellingham, the likes of MacAllister are now stringing us along? if he doesn't want to come because of no UCL he can fucking do one! 

I still have to believe there is a clause in his contract, otherwise him and his agent aren't the brightest of tools in the box

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2023, 03:14:30 pm »

Is the consensus now that Bellingham turned us down rather than we couldn't afford it? Where's that come from, or is it just to make us feel better

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 03:38:23 pm »
Tap In reporting Chelsea interested in Mac Allister.

Have to laugh if true.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2023, 03:39:42 pm »
My cousin got married there. Lovely place

My nan loves a day out there, lovely tea and scones.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2023, 03:39:45 pm »

Have to laugh if true.

Which contradicts that dickwad of a Brighton reporter saying today Mac only wants Champions league footie to move.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2023, 03:42:46 pm »

Have to laugh if true.
Club drumming up interest, imo.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2023, 03:49:21 pm »
I like Mac Allister, he's a very good player, but I honestly wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered if he does sign for another team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2023, 03:58:51 pm »

It's not true.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2023, 04:10:21 pm »
Dutch media reporting Bayern are in for Edson Alvarez. Gravy is on his way here?  ;D

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2023, 04:12:29 pm »
Any player who only joins a club in the PL because they are in the CL is pretty stupid. Only City are guaranteed to be in the CL for the duration of whatever contract is signed, and even they have their own issues with the charges hanging over them.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2023, 04:18:25 pm »
Dutch media reporting Bayern are in for Edson Alvarez. Gravy is on his way here?  ;D
Calling it now, we’re not really in for Ugarte.. Gravenberch, Mac and Mount will be our midfield signings.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2023, 04:24:59 pm »
Calling it now, we’re not really in for Ugarte.. Gravenberch, Mac and Mount will be our midfield signings.

3 midfielders and none of them a DM? can't see it happening

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2023, 04:25:17 pm »
I like Mac Allister, he's a very good player, but I honestly wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered if he does sign for another team.

I'm in the same boat, maybe if the fee was 20-30 mil lower I would be more excited about it. (I know it's not my money)
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2023, 04:36:04 pm »
3 midfielders and none of them a DM? can't see it happening
Maybe we will keep faith in Fab, Hendo and Baj, massive mistake if we do.. Hope I’m wrong mind and it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2023, 04:36:20 pm »

Have to laugh if true.

He's in scattergun mode right now, needs to have a tweet he can point at to say he was right when he eventually reaches the tap in part of the transfer.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2023, 05:01:39 pm »
If Mac Allister wants CL football, he should start by beating Newcastle next.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2023, 05:05:22 pm »
Has to be a buy back clause. His prime years will coincide with Ali retiring. If he doesn’t live up to expectations then no dramas but I’d say he’s currently in the top 5/6 keepers in the league.

Oh come on.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2023, 05:16:32 pm »
If you go back 6 months and posted in here something like:
'I think we should get Macallister from Brighton for 60-70 million - perfect for us but we'll have to get CL and beat competition from United and Chelsea'
 you'd have been ridiculed for every part of the post

I'm not saying all of it isn't explicable but its amazing how perception around players and their value changes so quickly these days

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2023, 09:02:55 pm »
Klopp on Trent: we will have time next season to really work on his new position.”

I know I’m massively reading into this but I think we’re buying a RB. And if we do, I think it will be Timber.

Oh, and the Guardian earlier saying there’s growing expectation Mount will leave Chelsea despite Pochettino’s appointment and that we’re favourites to sign him.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/15/chelsea-victor-osimhen-napoli-mauricio-pochettino-mason-mount
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 09:06:48 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2023, 09:12:07 pm »

I think he's good rather then very good and like you...not remotely arsed. Prefer his mate to be honest

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2023, 09:15:13 pm »
I do wonder, with Trent changed to an inverted position, and Curtis seemingly doing well in the new role asked from him, does that change what  we need in the summer window?

Is it only a like for like for Henderson, or do we still think it's two mids atleast? MacAllister for Hendo and Ugarte for Fabinho?

I can see the benefits for Klopp getting Jones to perform at that role, but can he hold that up throughout a season?

With all the club trained rules and such, Jones realizing his potential would be massive, seeing as Kelleher will leave.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2023, 09:17:21 pm »
*Looks around*

So, uh... what happened to the 266 pages of Samie and Peter fantasy fanfic?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2023, 09:19:31 pm »
I do wonder, with Trent changed to an inverted position, and Curtis seemingly doing well in the new role asked from him, does that change what  we need in the summer window?

Is it only a like for like for Henderson, or do we still think it's two mids atleast? MacAllister for Hendo and Ugarte for Fabinho?

I can see the benefits for Klopp getting Jones to perform at that role, but can he hold that up throughout a season?

With all the club trained rules and such, Jones realizing his potential would be massive, seeing as Kelleher will leave.

Jones has a question mark over his injuries but they appeared to be freak injuries so he should be relatively ok. Regardless, we have european football of some kind next season so I think we have to be looking at 2 quality additions in midfield.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2023, 09:19:54 pm »
Yea we have Curtis jones now

Finally gone up a level. Hallelujah

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2023, 09:21:24 pm »
*Looks around*

Marvel will make a move about that, something in the lines of "The Incredible Samie versus the Amazing Peter"

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2023, 09:23:31 pm »
*Looks around*

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=353490.0

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 09:34:04 pm »
Yea we have Curtis jones now

Finally gone up a level. Hallelujah

So are you saying he's done bad the last games?

Are you saying he played the role you thought he should be playing?

Neither of us know what the tactical setup is regarding Jones after TAA started playing inverted, Seems to suit him though.