Author Topic: moody anelka  (Read 1894 times)

Offline tozz

• Main Stander
  • the TOZZ is here
moody anelka
« on: March 16, 2002, 01:53:04 pm »
ignorant more like!! after the game on wednesday we were finaly let out of the ground. i then went back into the ground next to the tunnel and had a chat with a few of the players as they were carrying out their 'warm down'. gary mac was a laugh and we had a good bit of banter and took some nice photo's. sammy lee was really pleased we had made the effort to come and have a chat. and then there was nicolas. the guy did not even acknowledge me. now i am not saying i should be treated as a star, but i wished the guy all the best for the rest of the season and expressed my hope that we would sign him soon. the guy looked totally disinterested and yes, MOODY!! now what the fuck is that all about. as the players were driven out of the stadium, i got the thumbs up from tommo as he was talking to our master gerrard on the phone, also sammy, jar, jamie carrager. and was given a nice lfc badge from one of the stewards from the coach. but anelka?? oh no, wouldn't even fucking smile as i clapped the coach away. now call me sensitive, call me childish, call me an expectant old fool, (just don't call me late for breakfast),  but don't fucking treat me like an annoyance when i have especially tried to make you welcome. now, i have had my say... thank you lfc and yes, thank you nicolas. but please have the fucking decency to look interested at least!!!!
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline C.B Alonso

• Old skool RAWK Photographer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Aallriight!"
Re: moody anelka
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2002, 03:29:54 pm »
Sad to hear that hes moody,

but i think the lad is a bit shy or doesnt like the attention.

hes playing well at the moment though... ;D
Lets fucking create an atmosphere instead of complaining about it.

Offline Adam

• Ballboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2002, 07:00:43 pm »
Told Anelka. ur not bein sad, does my head in wen they only clap from the half way line at the end of a game, shud get right down to the away end, we paid and spent our own time to come and watch them.
She Loves You Yeh Yeh Yeh

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2002, 11:37:15 am »
Hey, football is like real life, some people are nice, others are not.

Offline dan17

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2002, 12:49:48 pm »
Agree with cltadam bout the players after the game. yesterday only a few (abel, dudek and carra i think) came anywhere near the away end when the whole stand was on its feet clapping the players off, most went straight for the tunnel.
"The very word Anfield means more to me than i can describe" Bill Shankly

Offline Neil

• Main Stander
  • Dad, this is boss
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2002, 01:16:55 pm »
Don't forget they are doing a job. When you've finished work do you take it home with you? Although i do agree a little wave and a smile wouldn't have hurt.
There's a wooly over there.....;-)

Offline Adam

• Ballboy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2002, 09:10:11 pm »
if its a job, they shud clap. i dont think anyone would  walk past their boss who says good nite at the end of the day and not say anything back each time. its just like us clapping and them walking off.

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2002, 09:19:18 pm »
I agree with Neil.

Clapping players on and off the pitch is a bit nonsensical. If someone is being substituted and has had a good game, fair enough, he deserves a round of applause for his efforts. I'm not that bothered whether they acknowlege us or not, after all, why are we there? It's to see out team win, isn't it? It's LFC we support, not individual players.

Fawning over players seems to have crept into the game more and more. Most footballers are working class lads who get paid a lot of money to kick a ball around. In all honestly, most of them couldn't give a monkey's about the fans. I'm not talking about Liverpool specifically here, but players in general.

Why should they? Few of them have ever received media training and look obviously embarrassed being interviewed. Most have left school at 16 and have poorly developed social skills. So the thought of them turning to acknowledge 40,000 strangers is very intimidating.

My brother-in-law met Anelka after the Newcastle game and found him very pleasant, happy to sign autographs, whereas Michael Owen headed straight for his car. So what conclusions do I draw from that? None. Players like the rest of us have bad days. Some are outgoing and gregarious, some are placid and lacking self-confidence.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as they do the business on the pitch, they can be the most surly bunch of w*****s ever.

Athough a wave would be nice, now and again. ;)

Offline Adam

• Ballboy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2002, 10:46:49 pm »
so if u became a Liverpool player 2morrow, would  u just walk off after the match and forget the fans? am sure if they had all just sat on the triple decker bus looking forward not waving to a single person ppl would  have gone mad, but that would  have been ok, because they have 'done the business on the pitch' ?