Author Topic: The 'Football was invented in 1992' Sly Sports Premier League draft - discussion  (Read 17072 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Expected someone else before Terry Henry...
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Spoiler
Tomas Brolin?
[close]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 02:56:12 pm by Chakan »

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
David Hirst for Wednesday and Gary Charles (I think) for Forest. And Andy Ritchie for Oldham.

All correct

Is that Andy Sinton for QPR?

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Tomas Brolin?

Shhhhh that was my next pick

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shhhhh that was my next pick

Sorry i'll spoiler it.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I was trying to work out who you meant but I think I know now.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I know. Which means i'm gonna have to change my pick :(

Not that I thought he would last to me anyway, but hey ho.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Based on nationality. Thierry is no.1 in any normal Premier League draft IMO. It's hard to know how important the 11 from 11 will be. There is a very good spread of nationalities across the PL era, so it might not make a difference at all.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Based on nationality. Thierry is no.1 in any normal Premier League draft IMO. It's hard to know how important the 11 from 11 will be. There is a very good spread of nationalities across the PL era, so it might not make a difference at all.

Yeah I know who you mean now. I expect he'll be picked next.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just a quick heads up, RAWK has an issue with PM's going to gmail accounts, I don't receive an email when it happens, so if people are just aware of that.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Just a quick heads up, RAWK has an issue with PM's going to gmail accounts, I don't receive an email when it happens, so if people are just aware of that.

Ahhh I've been wondering why I've not been getting PM notifications lately.

Not much we can do unfortunately. Hopefully everyone is addicted enough to RAWK to be logging in regularly to see PMs here.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I've but been getting PM notifications lately but that's pretty much the same as it was before.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Las is in Uruguay. So will be a while before that fucker is up.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yeah I've but been getting PM notifications lately but that's pretty much the same as it was before.

Ooh, my name’s Hazell and I have loads of mates messaging me. Pathetic.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Ooh, my name’s Hazell and I have loads of mates messaging me. Pathetic.

I meant to say I've been getting no PM notifications lately!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

We know he's gonna pick a Uruguyan player next so let's just pick Sally Gunnell for him and be done with it.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I meant to say I've been getting no PM notifications lately!

Ooh, my name’s Hazell and I have no mates. Pathetic.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

It's past 1pm in Montevideo. The lazy fucker should be up already.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He likes Welsh people. I think Robbie Savage should be his first choice.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
^

Peter Beardsley in an Everton shirt is bad enough but is that John Wark in an Ipswich shirt advertising Fisins fertiliser?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^

Peter Beardsley in an Everton shirt is bad enough but is that John Wark in an Ipswich shirt advertising Fisins fertiliser?

A quick google search tells me you are correct mate.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
A quick google search tells me you are correct mate.  ;D

Shouldn’t be needing to Google that. Poor from you.

Even if you don’t remember his Liverpool days, surely you’ve seen Escape to Victory!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Barnes was that fat man who played in Centre mid for us right?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Barnes was that fat man who played in Centre mid for us right?

That was Charles Charlie Adam.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Meh no surprises there :(

Ah well

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
It's past 1pm in Montevideo. The lazy fucker should be up already.
Went out last night, so that was optimistic to say the least.  ;D Sorry for the delay folks.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Went out last night, so that was optimistic to say the least.  ;D Sorry for the delay folks.

All good, didn't even know we were starting until today

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Damn, was hoping Van Dijk might stay until it was my go. Can't think of many great Dutch players who've played in England.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Samie should be banned from drafting for that picture atrocity in the selection thread

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Samie should be banned from drafting for that picture atrocity in the selection thread

You had me at 'Samie should be banned'.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 07:29:40 pm by Hazell »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Please be specific in which money grabbing twat Elizabeth.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Is it one player per nation and one player per club? Or is the latter unlimited?

Going to stick to principles and keep this a United free zone. I trust I can rely on the rest of you to keep it that way.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Going to stick to principles and keep this a United free zone. I trust I can rely on the rest of you to keep it that way.

I nearly, o so very nearly picked one and when I went looking for a picture  :puke2

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is it one player per nation and one player per club? Or is the latter unlimited?

1 per nation.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I nearly, o so very nearly picked one and when I went looking for a picture  :puke2

I can never bring myself to pick players I actively dislike. Even though I never treat them any differently in the vote, I just know I wouldn't be able to enjoy constructing my side with them in there.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I remember a draft i was boxed and had the RB spot left and instead of being like my hero Prof and pulling out a Badger Cull from my arse I picked the manc rat.  :D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I was out yesterday and going to the match in a bit. Got a message from Samie to pick, but I have to be honest, I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing :D

But have to head off in a bit, so if I can get some info and delay, that would be awesomely awesomeness :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
I was out yesterday and going to the match in a bit. Got a message from Samie to pick, but I have to be honest, I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing :D

But have to head off in a bit, so if I can get some info and delay, that would be awesomely awesomeness :)

Write the name of the player you want to pick in this thread:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=355116.0

Each player can only get picked once, so make sure you check who’s been picked already, then it’s about picking the best player for the draft. This draft is about picking players from the Premier League (1992 onwards) with each player in your side being from a different country.

Without any criteria the best player for the draft would be the next best player who hasn’t been picked, however the criteria shifts this slightly. The criteria for this draft being picking 11 different countries for your side means players from countries with fewer good players to have played in the league are slightly more valuable as they leave you with more flexibility going forward.

There’s also positional depth to think about, with some positions having more top class players than others during the premier league era, so again picking a position that’s for less quality in after the first few picks could also be advisable.

For now, I’d just suggest picking the best players though as there’s very few absolute top tier players to have played in the league in reality so getting one of them in your side is important.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly