Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 154107 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #3160 on: March 30, 2024, 12:01:20 am »
Two big games this weekend.

We have got Coote and Tierney.

Manchester City have got Mancthony Taylor and Gillet. Gillet is a Liverpool fan and isn't allowed to do our games.

If only he’d put Marine down when filling out his application form.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: March 30, 2024, 09:54:24 am »
Two big games this weekend.

We have got Coote and Tierney.

Manchester City have got Mancthony Taylor and Gillet. Gillet is a Liverpool fan and isn't allowed to do our games.

Lets hope he fucks both over with dodgy VAR decisions then, perfect opportunity
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3162 on: March 30, 2024, 10:10:00 am »
If only he’d put Marine down when filling out his application form.

Webb would probably have sent him to the Navy.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #3163 on: March 30, 2024, 08:29:55 pm »
It sounds like you’ve been gaslit unfortunately

It was as ‘clear and obvious’ as you could hope to see. Not just clear and obvious, but the audio proves how keen both referee and VAR were to not give the penalty despite all evidence to the contrary. We’re not talking a 50/50 call, we’re talking someone getting studded in the chest. And not just that, but the truth not actually being communicated to the referee. And that was then covered up by Howard Webb, with the ‘not clear and obvious’ stuff that certain people are naive enough to buy.

I’m sure Andy can tell you how the conversation went as he’s posted it many, many times (it starts with they and ends with high). And instead, after over a week, of going ‘It was a mistake’, the head of PGMOL decided to double down with the classic ‘not clear and obvious, we don’t want to re-referee, etc etc’. Fair play to you for feeling comfortable with that going against ‘your team’ and labelling anyone who isn’t comfortable with it as ‘nutters’.

We’ve lost two league titles already by inches, one point twice, fine margins. Handicapped by unexplainable decisions made by officials named a lot in this thread. Again, fair play to you at the end of the season where people are going ‘what the fuck was that Rodri handball about’ and you’re going ‘that miss by Salah against Leicester really screwed us, the officials were fine’

Good stuff mate. That highlighted bit is exactly the place I've arrived at with these bastards.

For the Diaz goal I felt back then upon hearing England's woeful VAR performance that this was someone whose procrastinating was indicating he simply did not want to ratify the goal's legitimacy despite the badgering of the other guys in the VAR box. Likewise with the Odegaard handball. Different protagonists, different circumstances but same outcome namely an official who simply did not want to award the penalty despite the indisputable clarity of the offence. Onward to the Doku incident which you cover above and its exactly the same sort of mindset.

And that common denominator linking all three incidents is officials who, in spite of the crystal clear nature of all three circumstances on their multi-screens, chose not to adjudicate in the impartial manner they are duty bound to do and not rule in favour of Liverpool simply because they didn't want to.

Each final ruling an absolute fucking disgrace and each ruling in no way shape nor form arising from an error or mere incompetence but from a resolve not to rule, in respect of such crucial incidents, in our favour. This being the sole truth we know - they simply did not want to rule in our favour.

I have no idea from where this mindset emanates, be it intrinsic bias within each official or something more sinister. But for sure something stinks which is why no way will I ever countenance the contention of those within this thread such as Alonso, Yorky, Chopper et alia, who appear to feel it their responsibility to strive remorselessly to jump to the defence of the PGMOL realm and to deride well founded views of the likes of yourself, myself, Eeyore, Andy et alia, that our views are merely unfounded demented claims of conspiracy.

I have yet to see any of the latter set of posters I cite claim any conspiracy is afoot. Rather they have simply tried to expose the fact that all three of the controversial episodes in question reveal a clear intent on the part of the officials concerned NOT to favour Liverpool. This being despite the clear and incontrovertible evidence that would compel any fair minded impartial official to do so, which in turn thereby eliminates any possibility of incompetence or error as the reason for their arriving at the wrong decision

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 12:18:07 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #3164 on: March 31, 2024, 02:12:36 am »
...beyond the tantrums after every single game, always ignoring decisions in our favour and clutching at anything that goes against us. Or better still, quoting mark fucking goldbridge.

Or did you really mean just the Spurs, Arsenal and City games mate? You know, the ones where crucial, potentially season defining decisions were made which totally ignored what had actually happened on the field of play, but instead were ruled inexplicably in favour of our opponents. I mean what a whingeing shower of conspiracy theorists we are for getting in such fucking paddy about such trivialities.

And as for fucking Mark fucking Gold fucking Bridge. How dare he get in such a state of outrage about a disallowed penalty for Liverpool and then go on to represent so accurately and so passionately the views of loony Reds like myself.

::)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 10:41:43 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3165 on: March 31, 2024, 02:24:47 am »
Or did you really mean just the Spurs, Arsenal and City games mate? You know, the ones where crucial, potentially season defining decisions were made which totally ignored what had actually happened on the field of play, but instead were ruled inexplicably in favour of our opponents. I mean what a whingeing shower of conspiracy theorists we are for getting in such fucking paddy about such trivialities.

And as for fucking Mark fucking Gold fucking Bridge. How dare he get in such a state of outrage about a disallowed penalty for Liverpool and then go on to represent so accurately and so passionately the views of loony Reds like myself.

::)

Goldbridge was only brought up, because Yorky asked why fans of other sides were not questioning the decisions that have gone against us.

As soon as he is brought up all of a sudden he is attacked for being a crank.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3166 on: March 31, 2024, 02:26:51 am »
My two cents as an overseas viewer since the 90's with no exposure to British media. I always strongly suspected Liverpool were treated differently to other top sides because of Ferguson's grip on the officials. I gave the benefit of the doubt to the referees because after all, football is the hardest sport to referee with it' speed and level of subjectivity. I wrote it off as English refs being poor compared to their continental counterparts as the British referees would often attempt to referee differently in European and International matches and show themselves to be out of their depth.

However, as much as I hate VAR, it has now confirmed what many of us suspected, the PGMOL is not just poor, they're also corrupt. There's no way one side gets the same amount of dodgy decisions with VAR without a clear agenda behind it. Klopp's pressing style also requires referees fo truly understand the game and get the nuanced calls correct. Some people seem to assume that incompetence and corruption are mutually exclusive but in fact they're more likely to be mutually inclusive as the issues compound each other.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 02:29:50 am by Bastion Of Invincibility »

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3167 on: March 31, 2024, 06:17:48 am »
The excuses for the some of the penalties we've been denied

Jota at Spurs when he was completely wiped out -
Tierney 'Jota was slowing down in the box'
Erm, is slowing down in the box against the rules?

Odegaard playing basketball
VAR - He was slipping
Well, he wasn't and even if he was they didn't save Jones from being sent off

Doku taking out Mac with a high boot
Oliver - They both went in high
Oliver - Doku gets the ball
VAR - There was a natural coming together
All of the above is utter horseshit

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3168 on: March 31, 2024, 02:07:20 pm »
Just a human error against us as usual, hehe, nothing to see

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3169 on: March 31, 2024, 02:16:24 pm »
David Coote being absolutely exemplary so far.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #3170 on: March 31, 2024, 02:17:35 pm »
Just wait for a throw in to go our way and the PGMOL boys can start crowing

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: March 31, 2024, 02:18:08 pm »
Yeah no cheating going on at all, we're all tin foil hat wearing conspiracy nuts. I'm off to search for Aliens now
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: March 31, 2024, 02:58:36 pm »
It's just incompetence. Yeah. Ok. Then why allow the incompetence to continue game after game, week after week, when they could fix the incompetence or employ other referees from other leagues where there doesn't seem to be so much "incompetence". Brighton were calling fouls for Cootes and also waving imaginary cards with no punishment (this was supposed to be not allowed now?).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3173 on: March 31, 2024, 03:04:44 pm »
Todays ref team is definitely out to get us.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: March 31, 2024, 03:05:56 pm »
It's only incompetence (or mostly) against us you see. For the incompetence theorists that makes them even more incompetent, so much so that they are not even consistent with their incompetence.
Football is a lie

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: March 31, 2024, 03:35:21 pm »
And yet another VAR goes against us.

Good process boys.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: March 31, 2024, 03:37:21 pm »
17 fouls to their 5, and we’ve done the absolute majority of the attacking

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3177 on: March 31, 2024, 03:39:58 pm »
And yet another VAR goes against us.

Good process boys.

no way the linesman saw that. If it was given on pitch, I doubt it would be called offside by VAR - although as it's us... - as a frame earlier in the review would have it on. They can't find the exact point the ball was played.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: March 31, 2024, 03:42:40 pm »
Nobody will ever convince me Coote isn't on his own personal vendetta against us. There is just too much evidence supporting it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 03:47:03 pm by Mister Flip Flop »
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: March 31, 2024, 03:42:54 pm »
If Brighton's attack was offside, and the goal wouldn't have been given, then why is a corner given? So many holes in refereeing/VAR.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: March 31, 2024, 03:58:41 pm »
wonder whats webbs excuse will be if doku's boot smashes cootes face

fucking c*nt

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: March 31, 2024, 04:03:43 pm »
Brighton fouled us only 6 times. Really?? Whereas we fouled them 20 times even though we were attacking mostly. Officiating is a joke.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3182 on: March 31, 2024, 04:16:13 pm »
There is no conspiracy.

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: March 31, 2024, 04:22:21 pm »
‘Coote is just a bad ref but equally bad for both teams, and if they really were biased against Liverpool they would have disallowed Diaz goal. Plus it doesn’t matter because we should have won easily anyway.’

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: March 31, 2024, 04:24:47 pm »
Brighton fouled us only 6 times. Really?? Whereas we fouled them 20 times even though we were attacking mostly. Officiating is a joke.

Falling down at the slightest touch or even the hint of a touch usually gets a free kich these days, add in rolling around and pretending to be hurt can call for the card to be whipped out. We, I am pleased to say, don't tend to do much, if any of that. That is something Brighton excel at and should count against De Zerbi gettinng anywhere near our dug out.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #3185 on: March 31, 2024, 04:37:19 pm »

Every other foul against us was allowed to play on. When we fouled them it was given. The one time they were allowed to play on they lost the ball and Coote blew for the original free kick.
And a game with about 2 bad tackles how did that warrant 8 yellow cards?
A new policy from PGMOL get there yellow card count up, must be some of ours close to picking up a ban.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3186 on: March 31, 2024, 04:40:55 pm »
‘Coote is just a bad ref but equally bad for both teams, and if they really were biased against Liverpool they would have disallowed Diaz goal. Plus it doesn’t matter because we should have won easily anyway.’

Disallowed it for what ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3187 on: March 31, 2024, 04:41:36 pm »

Is that you Yorky.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: March 31, 2024, 04:44:16 pm »
Disallowed it for what ?

It was a quote from the future, you’ll have to ask them when they post it

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3189 on: March 31, 2024, 05:06:11 pm »
Whether it's corruption, incompetence, conscious bias, unconscious bias or whatever else, I'm sure we're all heartily sick and tired of the referee being in the spotlight after a game, yet again.

Two teams who can and often do play some fantastic football, but it's the ref who everyone is talking about. It's so tiring.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: March 31, 2024, 06:54:03 pm »
9 games to go ladies and gents. The title is in our hands. Why any of you are in here calling fellow fans out, while we're actually playing a match, is a mentality I don't understand. I suppose me, Yorky and others should be flattered. Personally I was watching the game in a mixture of tension, excitement and the occasional one eyed anger at the ref as any normal fan dos. Some of you seem to think because I don't believe in a conspiracy that I'd have been sat in my replica ref top with a set of red and yellow cards next to me, cheering on Coote and the boys. Now the game has finished perhaps I'll peer out of my window and do some neighbourhood watch duties and other general grassing, because that's how much I bloody love the refs.

I can't be bothered to argue about it anymore but rest assured, I still don't think it's a conspiracy. I'm awfully sorry that hurts some of you so much that you can't enjoy watching us play without coming in here ranting about it ;D

Strap yourselves in folks. 9 little games. There's a title to be won and an enormous celebration to be had. Don't let me spoil it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 06:55:53 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3191 on: March 31, 2024, 07:02:30 pm »
Gaslighting to condescension it is then eh.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: March 31, 2024, 07:12:27 pm »

I would reply in depth and respectfully as I have in the past but I'd have DelTrotter moaning about it being an essay, Redley coming up with some snarky reply, Andy asking the same question thats not a question 100 times and the rest of the merry band of men accusing me of either not being a fan, being a wool, being a PGMOL fanboy and everything else they've brought out of the bag because I disagree with them. What's the point? Posting on this thread during a vital match just to say "oh yeah where's the ref fanboys now" any time we don't get a decision is fucking embarrassing. Watch the game. Nobody on here is the enemy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 07:14:23 pm by alonsoisared »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: March 31, 2024, 07:16:58 pm »

He's a proper little weirdo, no idea why he seems to think the thread spent the whole game talking about him either, no one mentioned him! He must be annoyed he doesn't have any poverty chants to defend today.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #3194 on: March 31, 2024, 07:24:07 pm »
9 games to go ladies and gents. The title is in our hands. Why any of you are in here calling fellow fans out, while we're actually playing a match, is a mentality I don't understand. I suppose me, Yorky and others should be flattered. Personally I was watching the game in a mixture of tension, excitement and the occasional one eyed anger at the ref as any normal fan dos. Some of you seem to think because I don't believe in a conspiracy that I'd have been sat in my replica ref top with a set of red and yellow cards next to me, cheering on Coote and the boys. Now the game has finished perhaps I'll peer out of my window and do some neighbourhood watch duties and other general grassing, because that's how much I bloody love the refs.

I can't be bothered to argue about it anymore but rest assured, I still don't think it's a conspiracy. I'm awfully sorry that hurts some of you so much that you can't enjoy watching us play without coming in here ranting about it ;D

Strap yourselves in folks. 9 little games. There's a title to be won and an enormous celebration to be had. Don't let me spoil it.

9 little games where we are playing against PGMOL as well as the other team, 9 little games for them to spoil it for us.

The worst scenario for PGMOL is City not to win, the second worst result is for Liverpool to lose on goal difference.

No problem… they still have 9 little games to further influence the title.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3195 on: March 31, 2024, 07:31:07 pm »
How do you guys keep the faith we might win it? Or is it out of the question?

And if it isn't out of the question that we might win the league, why not?

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3196 on: March 31, 2024, 07:38:39 pm »

Without the Diaz debacle against Spurs, the Odegaard Harlem Globetrotters impression and the Doku kung fu kick we could easily be ten points clear.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: March 31, 2024, 07:43:08 pm »
He's a proper little weirdo, no idea why he seems to think the thread spent the whole game talking about him either, no one mentioned him! He must be annoyed he doesn't have any poverty chants to defend today.
two long words in that post you replied to, well done for understanding them. Your reading comprehension is catching up with my 6 week old. Unfortunately still not caught up enough to realise that ive never once defended a poverty chant.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 07:45:38 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #3198 on: March 31, 2024, 07:47:14 pm »

Few points:

Corruption doesn’t have to be consistent, particularly if as it often is, it’s driven by the gambling industry. So, corruption against us doesnt have to be with the intent of stopping us winning the league or a rival gaining it.

If corruption were in place with the aim of gaining a sporting advantage, that does not guarantee success but is aiming to make the success more likely. Any guarantee of success would of course be blindingly obvious and thus short term / ineffective.

Biases can be dealt with and overcome too, so it we’re talking biases and not corruption then there is no guarantee we’d consistently meet it from now until then end of the season, and even if the biases continue to exist that doesn’t mean referees will go to any lengths to stop us winning either, since over factors such as job security would be a factor too.

Simply put, corruption doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be able to win, it just means we have a greater hurdle to clear in order to do so.

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3199 on: March 31, 2024, 08:01:17 pm »
Today was one of the most corrupt refereeing performances I have seen for a long time. What was with the Coote phone-a-friend routine in which he was making decisions five or ten seconds after they had happened?

Apparently, even Carragher on Sky said it looked like he was getting help through his earpiece.

Then we had Coote allowing Brighton to time waste at will when they were 1-0 up and then when we made it 2-1 he went and collected the balls from behind the goal. It was truly astonishing.

Darwin getting dragged back wasn't a foul then he gave free kicks and booked Liverpool players for far less contact. Plus we had the usual quick flag every time we looked remotely offside.
"Ohhh-kayyy"