Author Topic: Spyin' Kop Man City - returning the favour...  (Read 8807 times)

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
Re: Spyin' Kop Man City - returning the favour...
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2011, 11:59:06 am »
1. Who are Liverpool’s key players?

Suarez, Reina, Lucas, Gerrard, Agger.

2. Were you happy with the business conducted during the transfer window?

Reasonably pleased. I think most of us understood the previous transfer window wasn't about marquee signings but rather to address the imbalance and lack of depth in a squad torn asunder by Hodgson. Decent bits of business like the signing of Coates and Bellamy reveal a thorough understanding of the squad by Kenny and his team.

3. What are your expectations for this season?

Champions League spot.

4. Are you happy with the manager?

Put it this way, I'd wrestle a grizzly bear for him wearing only underwear made out of raw steak.

5. Are there any rising starts in the squad that we might not have heard of?

Raheem Sterling and Suso. I'd say Coates but he's reasonably well known.

6. If you could have any City player in your team who would you choose?

Right now we need a finisher so Aguero for me. Seems like a decent lad and a good professional too, and he comes with a fantastic father-in-law.

7. What is your perception of City as a club?

I honestly don't mind City, I used to back them against the other Mancs and I enjoyed watching guys like Fowler and Goater stick one over their neighbours. Sure they're wallowing in hog heaven now but which club wouldn't if they had an Arab billionaire backing them.

As for players they don't really have any despicable bastards who get on my tits, bar that fuck Tevez of course. Balotelli's brilliant entertainment, I like watching Joe Hart develop, Silva, Dzeko and Aguero are great to watch and I like Mancini a lot. Classy and sensible, and I admire the tough stance he took in the wake of the Tevez fallout.

8. Likely Liverpool starting XI for the game, and score prediction?

I don't like predicting formations but I'll go with a nervy 1-0 win to us. Suarez to score, of course.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:12:46 pm by Finn Solomon »
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »

Defence has been sound this season and relatively consistent. Good to see Kenny sticking with Skrtel and Agger as they were supposed to be the future 2 or 3 seasons ago. Skrtel has never been a favourite of mine, always looked a liability, however he has been solid so far. Enrique has filled a problem position for us over last few seasons and rarely has bad games, very consistent

Jury out. We overpaid for our 3 previous signings- Downing, Carroll and Henderson. First 2 have been anonymous, henderson currently is the only one that looks like he may one day justify his fee. Bellamy on a free was a good bit of business

5th or 6th, hope for 4th. Suarez missing 2 months(probably) could really hurt us as we struggle to score(even with him in the side). We dont have anyone that looks like they can step up and take care of business in front of goal

Yes as its the King, however too early to tell how successful he will be. He gave us that early lift coming in but performances and results have plateud a bit since then. We really need a season to see if he is still in touch with the modern game and if his Toon time was a blip. This will probably be considred heresy by most of the Red support

Difficult to say as we dont see a lot of youngsters in and around the first team. Suso, pacheco have been raved about for a season or two and recently Raheem Sterling looks very promising. Wisdom and Coady also seem to look solid and dependable

Aguero or Silva. In Lucas absence I wouldnt mind De Jong or Yaya in there, but scoring goals seems to be our main issue

Lot of friends who are City supporters and they have suffered over the years so deserve to get some payback, certainly in manchester. Sadly the supporters I know have gone from lighthearted banter to massive sense of ego, simply down to having a rich owner. Its no longer a level playing field

1-1(although wouldnt be surprised if we didnt score) Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Downing, Adam, Henderson, Spearing, Bellamy, Suarez

A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2011, 12:12:44 pm »

We've obviously got two out injured at the moment. Reina, Agger and Suarez are the ones I'd point to right now.

Overall, yeah. Enrique has been the one to hit the ground running and stands out so far, but Adam is getting there, Henderson's a young lad who has obvious talent, Downing has been decent but we're waiting for him to really start firing on all cylinders whilst Coates is still a bit of an unknown quantity as Skrtel and Agger have been guaranteeing themselves places in the first eleven with their performances.

Would like to see a decent push up to Champions' League places and a cup or two for silverware. Really, for me, this season was about Kenny getting the team moulded into what he wants after a few years of it being starved of investment and then the disaster of Mr.Hodgson's brief regime. I'll take the hiccups and bumps of this season with that perspective and see where we're at come May.

It's Kenny Dalglish.

5. Are there any rising stars in the squad that we might not have heard of?

Suso and Sterling are the ones which get the most praise. I like to look at players at bit older than that though you're probably aware of Martin Kelly, who really looks like a very accomplished player already.

Aguero. He's world class. Was funny hearing about how he was over-rated and would struggle to get to the pace when the rumours he was moving to England were about because anyone with half a brain could see that his quality would make him a success everything else being equal.

Lot of friends who support City, have been to City games with them and stood on the Kippax back in the day. So slightly tainted and biased but I've no issue with your support - in fact in some of the recent matches between the clubs, your support has been an absolute credit to your club. Long may that continue all round. Only niggling issue I have with the club is the financial fair play stuff, but that's for UEFA to sort out. You hit the jackpot with owners, enjoy it while it lasts.

Not sure on the team really. We'll see what Kenny and the backroom stuff come up with. I'd take a sneaky 2-1 because I think we can turn you over if Lucas were there to sort out the midfield. Without him, I'll be putting score draw on the coupon.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline general change if that's easier

• Kopite
  • "And there will be four added minutes..."
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2011, 12:39:41 pm »

In terms of our season, the back five has been very steady and that's down to the Agger-Skrtel combination. Enrique has turned out to be fantastic signing and I can't believe how much he cost for what provides for the team.  For the match, it really comes down to our midfield I think and whether Adam has one of his better or lesser games as I think our problems comes from not having a very compact midfield.

I was surprised by the amount of money spent on some players as I find the fees paid for Downing and Henderson to be a little high but that is really down to the transfer market at the moment. But on the other hand if there's money to spend you should use it, although I feel that is a hypocritical viewpoint for Liverpool fans who will then go and lambust Chelsea and yourselves for doing the same thing.

I expect realistically and somewhat pessimistically that Liverpool will finish 5th and reach the Semi's of both domestic cups. However what I hope and 'feel' will happen is to finish 3rd comfortably while winning either the Carling Cup or FA Cup which will be down to our squad slowly gelling together more and more and finally start operating as a fluid team that understands each other. The first half of the season I think will turn out to be kind of like a preparation for the second half with us really turning over some teams and going on a strong run into May.

Very happy. What else can be said?

Martin Kelly is obviously going to be a big player someday as is Jonjo Shelvey who has played a part recently after being called back from Blackpool. Both Jack Robinson and Jon Flanagan who you may remember from stints last season as well showed that they had good ability for such young players. Raheem Sterling and Conor Coady are also names to look for but I'll leave my opinion of them out of this as I haven't seen them play enough to have one.

Tough question at the moment as we could improve in quite a few areas. Head says Silva as I'm sure many others will but I think we could use Yaya Toure to make our midfield a little more robust. The only worry with him is whether he would decide to show up for every game as I think he runs a little hot and cold at the moment. Adam Johnson would be in with a shout as well, I rate him really highly. Aguero would be nice as well ;)

I know some fans (Liverpool and not) are really against how City and your new owners have conducted themselves financially, ie. 'buying the league', but my perception is hate the game, don't hate the player. To put in perspective, all other fans would be wrapped if the same thing happened to them, the bitterness is just out of jealousy. I think some fans have had an ego trip with your recent success and some of the stuff the club and fans have done seem really transparent, the Poznan dance going from "what the fucking hell is that!?" to now being a City '"tradition" and also the official site of Nasri scoring his forst goal in FIFA and the infamous "Guide to Manchester City" which must be frustrated for decent, lifelong fans to take. But apart from those select incidences City is  alot more tolerable than your red counterparts and I enjoy watching you play because the players are top quality even though Mancini is always complaining about somehow needing another player. While Liverpool are out of title competition, as long as United or Chelsea don't win I couldn't care less so if you do, congratulations.

Always hard to guess how Dalglish is going to set the team up which is really refreshing after Benitez's (I choose not to remember Hodgson's tenure) time at the club, which isn't a slant on him, it's just down to the much larger squad we have acquired from our new owners (really happy on that front). I'll have a wild stab in the dark and go for;
                             Reina
Johnson       Skrtel        Agger         Enrique
Downing      Adam       Henderson    Maxi
                  Suarez      Bellamy

2-0 to Manchester City.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:45:09 pm by fletcher717 »

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2011, 12:51:22 pm »

Pepe, Agger (when fit), Lucas (when he returns), Stevie G (when he returns), Suarez (when he is allowed to return)

Overall, yes. We had to lose Torres, and we got Suarez and Carroll. One has been great, the other is not yet making the grade.
Over summer, losing Raul was bad, and there was clearly something weird going on there - as has happened with too many transfers at LFC due to changes in ownership and management. Henderson might be a great player one day, but is still young. Adam's been great value, even if he's not necessarily the standard we need. We need a better player than Downing in that position - but he's looked a lot worse because our strikers couldn't score in the proverbial brothel. Bellamy's been great and even better value

Overall? Pretty good - but it's very hard to get great value in the £15-20m range nowadays, especially with British players and we're not the draw we once were

Had hoped for fourth, but think this will be very difficult unless we can score. We're playing decent football, but for whatever reason, we're not scoring. When we bought Suarez, we were warned by Ajax fans that he'd create a load and miss a load, and they were right. We need a decent finisher, and right now Carroll isn't that player. And, for whatever reason, folks like Kuyt and Maxi aren't getting much pitch time

It's all relative. Kenny's been light years better than Roy and that isn't damning with faint praise. Roy and the previous owners did such a lot of damage in such a short time that there's just a huge rebuilding job to be done. Kenny's done a lot of that re-building, and there's not the same level of fear in the club that there was. But there is still a lot of fear - you can feel it on the terraces and, probably, in the strikers.

Tactically, he and Clarke are very different from Rafa, who, amongst sentient fans, was considered a tactical genius. It's taken a while for people to adjust - especially as we went 4-4-2 with a big target man and a load of English players. Lots of folks feared the worst. As Carroll's bombed (so far), we're now playing a range of other formations. My guess is that this is just another area where we're rising, Lazarus-like from the Hodgson grave, and are still finding our feet a little

Several - one of the last Rafa-bequests was a functioning academy and the new owners and manager take this very seriously. Suso, Sterling, Wisdom are all reasonable bets further down, but Kelly, Shelvey and to a lesser extent Flanagan are all youth products with real first team potential

Aguero - he'd get a hatful based on the number of chances we create. Silva is a better player, but we're not having difficulty creating chances.

Hard to say. Was a 'decent, honest' (i.e. basically non-threatening) club for years, easy to like because you weren't the Mancs. Now you're something else - and I don't really think even you know what that is yet - clubs' identities are built over decades. We're "the European club" or the "sentimental club",  the red half are 'swaggering English buccaneers", Chelsea are "spoilt brats", Barca are "purists", Real are "staggeringly arrogant arseholes". The Blue half? "Nouveau riche" is really just saying that you're new.

Good luck with creating an identity that fits your new status. And don't be like Real or the Mancs

No idea on team. Given how mean we are at the back, and how poor we are at scoring, 1-0 either way

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 12:55:32 pm »
Suarez, Pepe, Agger.
Yes mostly. Could have done without selling raul and not buying adam.
Top four, at least. A cup would be awesome too.
Yes, now more than ever.
I think Shelvey (if he plays) might really surprise. Maxi is under rated so.
Baloteli or Aguero.
Unlike most people I don't think city are ruining football. (Chelsea did it for me)
The fans are quite fickle sometimes (but then which club doesn't have these days)
[/quote]
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 01:03:04 pm »
Suarez (as you know) is an exceptional player, whether you like him or not, his talent can never be put into doubt as he does things with a ball that many others wouldn't even think of doing. However, since he may be out of the game pending an appeal then I'd say our most dangerous would be Bellamy. The little welshman has been brilliant since he's come back, gave 120% in every game and will want to make sure he gives a good account of himself the second time around.
Agger and Skrtel can be very dangerous from set pieces aswell and if Agger gets the chance to go on a run then he can really hit the ball, hoping he'll get a crack at goal and hopefully cause Hart a few problems.

I was very happy with who we brought in, but not with the cost.
Carroll is never a £35m striker however circumstances with the Torres transfer dictated the fee and I'll back the lad to the hilt whether he comes good or not. He puts on the shirt then he's got my support, just like many players have before him including (Can't believe I'm saying this) Degen and Poulsen.
Henderson isn't worth £16m either however you can see that we've paid for the potential that seems to shine through on occasion, he's a cracking little player on his day and only looks to be improving, would love to see him play more at CM aswell.
Adam is finally starting to come good after a very slow start, seems to be trying to put the team on his shoulders and fill Gerrards boots at the minute which could do more harm than good when Gerrards back in the first team, especially since he's only been focusing on his attacking game of late it seems.
Enrique is boss, nothing else to be said, brilliant player and an absoloute bargain!
Downing, started well but seems to have drifted off a bit, hopefully he'll find some form and help get Carroll firing.

Title challenge....I wish.
Anywhere between 3rd-5th and I'll see it as a good season, we're going through a rebuild and won't be pushing for the title for a few years yet. We got the base of our squad sorted, now we just need to build around it.

Extremely. Kenny's come in and is giving us a seige mentality again, the last time we had that sort of mentality was when we won the Champions league and FA Cup back in 2005/2006 so it bodes well for the future.

Conor Coady, Raheem Sterling, Andre Wisdom and Sama all look to be very good players that I am confident will break through into the first team.

Aguero or Adam Johnson, we could really use them two right now.

Don't mind them, never have and I'll admit that I'm slightly jealous of the players they can now attract. Always got on well with most City fans aswell.

Reina

Johnson         Skrtel            Agger               Enrique

Henderson              Adam

Downing                  Gerrard                     Bellamy

Carroll

Going with a 2-1 win, but not sure who to.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 01:05:42 pm »
There's obviously Suarez and Gerrard (when fit) but I think our defence is key as we're not scoring many.  Agger continues to show he's a class act, when fit and Skrtel really seems to have re-found his form this season.

In the early part of the season Lucas was outshining everyone.  His injury has been a massive blow and we haven't had the same energy in midfield in his absence

Relatively happy.  Enrique has been an outstanding signing as has Bellamy.  Adam has found his feet recently and been putting in some good performances.  Henderson is one for the future, and I don't think we'd be seeing so much of him if Lucas and Gerrard were fit.

Downing has been a bit hit and miss, he's still been a good addition to the squad.

Champions League place.  Might be being a bit optimistic as Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal will also be competing and currently doing well. Still think we'll get it over the course of the season though

Delighted.  I love Kenny, he gets (and is) everything about the club as well as being a very good manager.

Raheem Sterling looks the business and may well be mentioned by a few.  Andre Wisdom is a very solid defender, Connor Coady has a chance of becoming a decent midfielder as does Suso.

Up front Adam Morgan was banging them in for the U19s - it remains to be seen whether he can make the various steps up through the reserves to the first team.  I also really like the look of Michael Ngoo.

Probably Aguero, but to be honest there's tonnes of them.  I'd like to see us bid for Adam Johnson to see how heavily he features in Mancini's plans - reckon he'd do well for us

I'll be honest - I hate the way you're buying the premier league and think it's really bad for football.  If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd probably be pretty happy though.
Prior to the current owners, I've always thought of City as a decent traditional club which was a big part of the local community. 
Another point is that you are playing decent football which is good to watch

Reina
Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique
Adam Henderson
Downing Kuyt Bellamy
Suarez

Score: 1-1

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 01:11:29 pm »

Suarez is the obvious choice I suppose but I'd also say Lucas. His injury is a massive blow for us. Also Agger, Reina, Skrtel, Johnson and Enrique. Our defence is bosser than boss.

On the whole, yes. Getting Enrique in for so little money has to be one of the best bits of business we've done in ages, and Jordan Henderson has shown plenty of signs that he'll go on to become an important player for us. Charlie Adam too, although he had a shocker against Wigan. Obviously though - and although it irritates me no end to see people keep harping on about it - there have to be question marks over the fees paid for Carroll and Downing.

Heart says top four and the Carling Cup, head says 5th/6th... and the Carling Cup ;)

Of course. It really cannot be overstated how nice it is to have a manager that fights our corner again after the Hodgson debacle, and whilst it's not all fallen into place just yet, on the whole we're playing some nice stuff. Only slight criticism that can be made of Kenny is his use of substitutions, I suppose.

Raheem Sterling and Andre Wisdom, to name a couple.

Silva, undoubtedly.

Do you know what? I really don't mind you lot that much. I know a lot of comparisons have been made between City and Chelsea but you don't get on my tits half as much as Chelsea do. I know a few sound lads that have supported City throughout the barren years and to be honest it's nice to see them enjoy a bit of success for once.

Assuming Gerrard will be fit:

Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Maxi, Bellamy, Suarez

If Gerrard isn't fit then Shelvey in his place.

As for the score, I'm going to be optimistic and say 2-1 to us. Probably be a score draw or a City win though.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 01:23:31 pm »

Lucas (out injured unfortunately), Suarez & Reina. Reina is the best GK in the PL followed closely by Joe Hart and wins us a good few points every season. Suarez well he is just brilliant, no defender likes playing against him and can create something out of nothing.

Definitely some brilliant business - Enrique is the best left-back in the PL and should be in the Spanish Squad. Henderson is a CM and will get better and better the more he plays and the more confidence he gets. Bellamy is a brilliant squad player and still a very good first team player, who adds pace and a bit of bite to the team. Adam has been good, wasn't too keen on him but still see him as a squad player in the long run but good value.Downing has been a bit hit and miss, a goal or assist would be brilliant for his confidence, he has the talent just wish he would be more confident, he has created a fair few chances but our finishing has let us down.

Top 4 & a Cup is what they were at the start of the season and still remain the same, though losing Lucas and potentially Suarez for a few games will really dent our hopes of Top 4

Happy with Kenny, he has got us playing some nice pass and move possession football and has improved the moral of the players and fans around the club. Wish he would of played Maxi more in the earlier part of the season though.

Raheem Sterling has looked very exciting the few times I have seen him. I still think Shelvey & Flanagan will be very important players for us in the future.

Silva - he is a genius of a player, so comfortable on the ball, always wants it and can create something out of nothing. Wouldn't mind Aguero either to help us with our finishing.

Alright as a club, but at the end of the day they are still Mancs. Depends if they start becoming more arrogant if they start to win more trophies.

Reina
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Kuyt
Adam
Henderson
Spearing
Downing
Suarez

Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 01:29:48 pm »
Gonna try and make these answers as short as possible...

Suarez, Lucas, Agger, Enrique and Reina, plus a fit stevie g when fit.

Relatively. I think Adam and Enrique were both good value for money and coates looks like a great buy for the future. Think villa milked us on the downing deal and I can't moan at bellamy for free either, always a pest. We got rid of the players we had to like konchesky but would of liked to keep mereiles or aqua, one of the two anyway.

What with the possible 8 match ban for suarez it might just be europa league. However if that's reduced or overturned completely along with one or two players coming in, in january then a possible chance of fourth between us arsenal and chelsea as I believe spurs, city and man u will all finish top 3.

Very, no other manager could of came in when kenny did and got everyone pulling in the same direction, plus he tells it how it is and the media don't like that. They have a general dislike to foreign managers but kenny just puts em down (like that twat vinny) all the same.

Suso, Sterling and as I mentioned above Coates who was signed in the summer form nacional.

To be honest, silva is your best player, such a creative player. We've actually created lots of opportunities this season but haven't found the net enough so I'd have somebody like Aguero, Ballotelli or dzeko.

So so, obviously as you've become more competative then your seen more as a threat but at the same time you've got a long way to go till you acomplish what makes you a great footballing institution. Think the whole poznan celebration is embarrasing as you'd be far more unique not using it and just being yourselves. Without sounding bitter the only reason you are where you are is because of a major injection of cash as the likes of aguero, robinh etc would of never of joined you because your man city, they probably couldn't name you one player in your entire history.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Adam, Spearing, Henderson, maxi, bellamy, suarez.
Score draw.

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 01:47:32 pm »

Once upon a time Gerrard would have been the most important player in the team, but unfortunately due to injury and the fact he has played hardly any games in the last year he can't really be counted upon as a key player, but our team will be without a doubt better when he gets back. Personally I think Lucas is the most important player in our team , severely under rated by a lot of people (Liverpool fans included), everyone has seen how much room opposition teams get with possession in the games he has missed, he keeps our team ticking over with ball and helps the defence without it.. Suarez is our most important player up front and he will be severely missed if this unjust ban has to be served, without a doubt our most creative player (whilst Gerrard is out) and has the ability to create a goal out of nothing.

Fairly happy, I personally thought we didn't need Carroll when we sold Torres and I still think it was a massive waste of money to spend on such a raw talen, but he's here now and I will support him through thick and thin as long as he wears the Liverpool shirt, he'll never lose the tag of the 35 million pound man but if he scores goals week in, week out that'll be good enough for me, I'm not expecting him to be a world-beater. Downing I had massive hopes for, I rated him higher then Young and thought we got the better deal when Man U bought him, unfortunately he seems to be down on confidence and hasn't shown us his best. Adam was a good buy at only 8 million, and he has shown us what he is capable of. All we need is for him to do it on a consistent basis. Enrique was the 'buy' of the transfer, only 6 million pounds and a boss left back, extremely solid in defense and isn't scared of providing an option when going forward, it won't be too long until he's in the Spain XI. Bellamy for me was the best transfer of the summer window, he still hasn't lost any of that pace and tenacity he had last time he was here and he's even more experienced, I just wish he was a bit younger so he could play every game, but beggars can't be choosers and I love watching him play.

At the start of the season I wanted Champions League football and a Cup victory. Unfortunately at the moment our team doesn't seem to be at the same level as the current Top 4 so I'd be happy with a Cup and Europa League football. I've missed European football so badly and I think it'll be good for us as we strive to get back into the top 4. Obviously I'm not going to count out Top 4, I think with a few shrewd buys in January we can make it, but we'll have to wait and see. Draws at home against newly promoted teams doesn't help either...

I wasn't around for his first reign as manager so I can't comment on that, obviously he is a legend at the club and only wants what is best for it and the city of Liverpool, there were worries that he had been out of the game for too long and wouldn't be able to make it happen but after the end of last season and the start of this one, it's pretty clear that he is still a good manager. Personally I'd love to still have Rafa Benitez here and Kenny in a advisory role but that isn't to be due to our previous owners and it's now time to look to the future.

Pretty much our entire u18's squad from last year all have a lot of talent and potential. Keep an eye out for name such as Adam Morgan, Raheem Sterling, Andre Wisdom & others.

I'd love to have Mario Balotelli, the game needs more characters like him and I love watching him play. Plus he's a good finisher of the ball and an all round cracking player and would be a perfect buy for us in January  :P

I've got no problem with City at all, I like it that you are sticking it to Man U and was so happy when you beat them 6-1. The money part I don't really like but hey if we had of been bought by someone who'd throw cash around like that then I wouldn't be complaining! I like City a lot better then Chelsea, you've been through the hard times and you arguably deserve this success, good luck in the future. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the FFPR come into action.

The back 5 are basically set in stone now as they have been playing so well (Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique), so touchwood with no injuries we'll be seeing all of them. I'd say you'll be seeing Adam, Henderson and Shelvey in the middle with Suarez, Bellamy and Maxi up front.

So:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Henderson Adam
                Shelvey

Maxi         Suarez      Bellamy

But anything could happen between then and now so don't take my word for it!

Score prediction, I'd be happy with a draw and I think we can get one as long as we have 11 men at the end of the match, I'm going with 1-1 but I'd love to see us scrape through with a 1-0 win!

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 01:48:23 pm »

This season so far I would say; Lucas, Suarez, Gerrard in that order. The lad Lucas not only defends our back four expertly but he also sets the tempo of our play and seems to bring a calming influence. Lucas's season ending injury is a huge blow to us. Suarez has been great for us and I would have loved to have seen this player line-up alongside a fit Torres, ah well. Suarez has been creating himself chances out of nothing... he just needs to finish a higher ratio of them and if he did he'd easily be our most important player. Gerrard; even if he has been out of sorts by his standards it's still a huge loss to us when he's not playing and I've got every faith he will come back as good as he has been previously. I expect Gerrard and Suarez to be our most important players in the second half of the season.

Yes and no. I think we got some real bargains with Adam and Enrique (and previously Suarez even at 20m), yet Downing and Carroll have disappointed if I am honest when you look at the fee's paid for them. I've not given up on either but I'm starting to doubt both the purchases. Henderson will turn out to be a fantastic signing, this lad has it in his locker to become a great Liverpool player; with more like him we will be well on the way to realising some of that silky pass and move football we all dream of.

At the start of the season with my rose tinted glasses on it was to challenge the likes of Cirty, Utd and Chelsea. Now I'd be surprised if we can claim a 4th place finish. Goal scoring is going to cost us this year, we are creating the chances and hitting posts as often as we score  but at the end of the day we just aren't scoring enough. We can compete with the best teams in the big games but we don't score enough goals to put teams away each and every week like you do.

Absolutely. He's shown great tactical awareness since taking over and has out thought many of our tougher opponents. Give him another couple of years with investment and we will easily be back in the top 4 and challenging. It wasn't long ago we were languishing in the relegation zone with Hodgson. Rome wasn't built in a day, sticking with a good manager and giving him a fair crack of the whip pays dividends - 5 years should be the minimum anyone gets unless there is a drastic dip in form.

If you've not  heard of Suso and Sterling check them out online – two great youth prospects and I think at least one of them will make the breakthrough within a couple of seasons. Shelvey has the technique to be a class act in a similar mould to Gerrard. He could go either way but I expect big things of this lad.

Realistically if we could make an offer for one I’d like us to take Johnson off you. He should be starting every game. Any player? It would have to be Aguero for his goals. Failing that I'd take Balotelli – the guy’s worth signing for the stories I’ve heard alone. He sounds like a top lad.

As a club I don’t mind City. You don’t mind having a cheap shot at United and your supporters seem to be a decent bunch. I’m not going to moan about money ruining the game because that happened a long time ago and it’s actually a breath of fresh air that the ‘big 4’ has been broken even if for the short term we are out of the CL places, which of course is our previous regimes doing and nothing to do with City’s investment.

451: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Downing, Adam, Spearing, Gerrard, Bellamy, Suarez (or Carroll for obvious reasons).

I think we will do you 2-0. We're better against the bigger teams.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:09:35 pm by tomtom »

Offline Aristotle

• is a bugger for the bottle. Apache tool wielder extraordinaire - especially in wardrobes. The 'Oral B' Specialist.....brushes his cavities vigorously outdoors.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Happiness depends upon ourselves
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 01:57:50 pm »
Current back 5 I'd say and Suarez up top.

Down the line most likely but in some aspects we fell short on the "hit the ground running". Enrique has been sensational and a big reason for our defensive stability. Henderson has shown glimpses of the quality player he can become. The others add something to the squad but we're still a team based on the individual brilliance of Suarez. Would have been happier if we had got in one more "flair player".

Unless we find a way to snuff out these draws we'll come somewhere between 4th and 6th. Optimistic/blindly hopeful side of me says 2nd or at least 4th.

Happier than I thought possible. Espescially after the first half of last season. Having someone who will do anything he possibly can to help the club on and off the field is invaluable.

Probably Suso and Sterling, and to a lesser extent Robinson and Flanagan (although some might remember him from last season).

At this point David Silva without a doubt. Class player on and off the pitch. And I've always had a soft spot for Kompany. Quality defender, leads by example and seems very down to earth. 

I think the Abu-Dhabi takeover has, in one way or another, changed everyone's opinion. I think part of it is down to envy and some feeling of "injustice" for jumping to the top like that. But that's hardly something any fans chooses, and given the number of clubs on the verge of administration and run by bloodsucking vultures that are ruining clubs so  meaningful to so many people for the sake of making money of the working man well I suppose I'd rather take someone who will stop at nothing to win than someone who will  stop at nothing to get rich.

The youth set-up was always quality and I think the "quick fix" players that have been brought in somewhat hurts that, but I still think there is method in the madness so only time will tell I suppose.

On a more personal level football results aside, anyone who hates the Mancs with true passion is OK in my books.

Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Agger, Henderson, Adam, Maxi, Kuyt, Bellamy, Suarez assuming no injuries/fatigue. And hopefully, if the powers at hand allow, a new holding midfielder.

Draw most likely or one team nicking it at the death.
My twitter
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 02:13:10 pm »
Suarez, Agger and if fit Gerrard.  Lucas would have been in there too but for his injury which is a big miss to us as he had been doing a great job in the middle.

Yes and no, I think Adam has proved a few doubters wrong, just get him off the penaties!  Downing is a good player but he is missing a bit of luck in front of goal at the minute, a couple against you would do nice!

Top four would be great, we have made massive strides under Kenny but I have a feeling that we will finish 5th but pick up a cup or two.

YES, knows what us fans want and likes the team to play with freedom.

Maybe not in the squad but Suso is a real talent as is Sterling, both will go on to be 1st team players in a few years.  Really like the look of Coates too, he is going to be a solid defender.

Aguero would be great, he is a class act but at the moment I would say Silva, he has settled really well and has that ability to unlock a defence with ease.

I actually have respect for Man City fans, they stuck with the team after a few relegations and kept on turning up in numbers. You also hate your neighbours nearly as much as us!

Reina
Kelly   Skrtel  Agger  Enrique
          Spearing
       Gerrard    Adam
  Downing  Carroll   Suarez

I think 1-1 at your place with us getting the win back at Anfield.
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 02:13:54 pm »
Reina, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas and Suarez. Still thin on quality, I think.

2. Were you happy with the business conducted during the transfer window? By and large. Some of the acquisitions have not yet hit the levels required for us to challenge for a top 4 spot but am hoping they will eventually come good. Henderson has started to thrive and Bellamy, although getting on, has brought a different dimension to our attack. Enrique has been the best buy by far.

3. What are your expectations for this season?Top 4 finish, although that will be tougher than ever what with all that competition and our hitting the woodkwork :butt. A cup, either FA or League Cup-- who are we playing next by the way-- wouldn't be amiss.

4. Are you happy with the manager?Very. He understands the club and its supporters more than anybody could ever do.

5. Are there any rising starts in the squad that we might not have heard of?Suso, Sterling and Adorjan. Silva and Morgan are in the second tier.

Silva or, if not, Balotelli.
A breath of fresh air who have brought a level of competitiveness (and some cracking players) to the league. The money is a red herring (I'd love if it were us) because you still need to buy wisely and properly set up the team. You also got  Man U to take down that ridiculous banner-- why do Man U always sing and display banners about other teams, anyway?
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Spearing, Suarez, Kuijt, Bellamy, Rodriguez. 1-1 and 2-1 to us maybe more if we go a few inches inside the woodwork.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:17:39 pm by Red Bird »

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:05 pm »
Pepe, Agger, Gerrard, Lucas and Suarez form a powerful spine if we ever manage to have them all on the pitch which, alas, won't be until sometime next season at the earliest. Enrique has quickly made that LB position his own since arriving, although he doesn't exactly have much in terms of quality competition, with the ever-injured Aurelio and the young lad Robinson the other natural LB's in the squad.

Humm, I think so. Carroll's fee in last years January transfer window undoubtedly had a knock-on effect which we paid the price for (pun intended) when it came to Henderson and Downing's fees. Enrique and Adam on the other hand are looking like steals, although Adam had a bumpy start to his life in a Liverpool shirt he's slowly getting better and it was a shame to have Lucas go down when he did, as that partnership in the middle of the park was growing and improving at a rapid rate. Getting Bellamy back was a smart bit of business by the club and his performances have been fantastic. Coates seems like a decent signing for the future, as does Henderson, who perhaps may not have played as much this season if Lucas and Gerrard hadn't had their injury woes. The only question marks for me are big Andy and Stewart Downing; with Andy I have faith that he'll come good in time - although with the need for CL football you worry he may not get it this season - but Stewart Downing is a real concern for me.

I expect top 6, hope for top 4. Our defence is definitely top 4 material, but our goal-scoring record makes us look more like relegation battlers.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. *Slight question mark over substitutions.

Everyone knows about Raheem, but we do seem to have a lot of potential talent at our academy thanks to the tutelage and guidance of the coaching staff we've assembled there. The likes of Wisdom, Coady, Suso and Morgan spring to mind, but there are others. Lot of hard work needs to be put in to make the transition from the academy/reserves to the first grade though.

Flip of a coin between Silva and Aguero. Either of them would improve us as an attacking force immeasurably. I'd also take Mario for the laughs. It'd all probably end in tears, but the good times we'd have before the bitter end.

As a club? Seem decent enough, always nice to see someone prepared to take it up to the media darlings of United, and now with investment in the side you can finally embarrass them as you did earlier in the season, and hopefully for many more to come. Not all that impressed with the amount of cash you've spent over the last few windows, but you're not the first club to do it nor will you be the last. The aim will be to sustain the success long after the obscene spending stops, and I genuinely look forward to seeing how you plan to do that. Just don't go down the plastic route.

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Henderson, Adam, Spearing; Maxi, Suarez, Bellamy
1-1 I suppose. 2-1 City if I had to pick a winner.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:36:08 pm by Ultimate Bromance »
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2011, 05:57:58 pm »
I have been putting together the Spyin' Kop article for the forthcoming Man City league game and one of the moderators on the Blue Moon forum has asked that I post their questions on RAWK as well, so please find them below and if you could help out by responding then that would be great.

Reina, Suarez, Agger and Lucas. Gerrard is obviously a massive player but he's been injured more often than not so hardly a key player at the moment.

Yeah, kind of. Carroll and Downing aren't yet flying, but they'll come good. Enrique, Adam, Suarez and Coates were absolute steals

If we actually start scoring, the top four wouldn't be an unrealistic target. If we won't, fifth is as good as it's gonna get.

Couldn't be happier. What a legend this man is.

A lot of our academy players. Suso, Sterling, Coady, Wisdom, Morgan

Aguero. Just because he scores goals.

I guess I'm a bit envious of the money, but that's not all your fault. You're playing brilliant football this season and it coming at the expense of Rednose and his gang is making it all the sweeter.

Tough to predict both as the game is still ten days or so away.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

Suarez, Reina, Gerrard, Enrique, Agger and Skrtel. Lucas would have been the first name on the list if it wasn't for his injury.

I was very happy at the time but as the season has gone on it has become more obvious that we really are lacking a striker that knows where the net is. However, Enrique has been a fantastic signing, Henderson started off a bit shaky but has settled in as time has gone on and you can see the potential there, Downing has been hit and miss so far but hopefully he will come good in the end, Adam has been a very good signing and works hard for the team, Coates looks promising when we see him, Doni.... I am more confident with him on the bench than Jones, anyway. Bellamy has been brilliant when he plays aswell.

4th. The competition for it is massive this year, but I think Chelsea can be overtaken if we improve our finishing, and I think Arsenal will struggle if RVP gets injured (fingers crossed that he does). Would love the Carling Cup aswell, but for me, getting Champions League football for next season is more important than winning the Carling Cup or FA Cup this year.

Couldn't be happier. Simple as that.

You have probably have heard of him, but Jonjo Shelvey. He already looks like he has been in the first team for years, fits in perfectly and I can't wait to see how he progresses. Have to mention Sterling, Suso, and Coady, too.

My favourite City player is without a doubt Balotelli, but the City player I would most like to play for Liverpool would have to be Yaya Toure.

I enjoy watching you play and would rather you won the league than Utd and Chelsea, let's leave it at that :)

2-2
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:33:12 pm by JoeCole is for life, not just Christmas! »

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2011, 08:06:54 pm »

Hard to say really. You would think it would be Suarez but given the fact that we don't score too may goals I'd say that our defence had to make doubly sure that we don't concede. In terms of who we couldn't afford to lose out of the defence I'd say Reina and Agger.

Reasonably happy. I think all the areas that needed addressing were addressed. Some transfers have worked out better than others, but that's to be expected.

Would be delighted with top four and a cup. If I'm being honest I don't think that we will get top four, but I have a feeling that we might just win the league cup. I just think that we will want it more than City given how long it is since we've won something and City having their eyes on the bigger prize of the league.

Couldn't be happier. Wouldn't have anyone else in charge.

I guess the obvious one is Raheem Sterling, everyone exoects him to be huge. Conor Coady looks a really good prospect too. I would expect you know of Robinson and Flanagan having played against them.

Given our problems with scoring goals it would have to be a striker, probably Aguero.

I know it's en vogue to hate City right now but I don't really have any problem with you at all. You've got a fantastic team at the minute and I can't see any way that you won't win the league this year. Still seem to have a way to go to compete with Europe's best, though, and I'm not sure if Mancini is the man for that.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Adam, Henderson, Spearing, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez. Reckon it will be close but you'll nick it. 2-1 City.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2011, 08:10:35 pm »

Suarez and the defence.  Pepe is obviously a very good goalkeeper and our current captain with Stevie out and Carra ousted by the excellent performances of Agger and Skrtel at the back.  Both our full backs also seem to be performing exceptionally well.  As I said by key players, I'm assuming you mean our best players and for me it has the back 5 and Suarez in it.  Lucas is another vital cog but he's out injured and Adam is a decent player. 

Thought it was a mixed bag.  I was happy initially.  I suppose it was because I was willing to give everything time and on the whole I wouldn't say we've done too badly but we haven't quite done very well either.  I thought Adam has been a good capture for the price we paid and Henderson seems to be one for the future and after looking very poor on the right initially he has shown a lot of talent in the centre.  Enrique has been exceptional and Bellamy moved for free and has done pretty well so far.  The biggest let down was Downing.  I was never a big fan of his and after a good start he has regressed badly into the player I thought he always was and I suppose that has left a really bad taste in my mouth since I thought that was the one position apart from LB that I thought needed serious improving.  While Adam and Henderson have done well, we had Aquilani and Meireles on our books, so its not like we were lacking in central midfield.  We were and continue to remain desperately short on attacking options though. 

To perform at our very best.  I'm not one to make targets pre-season but I suppose top 4 would be nice.

Of course I am.  He's shown Carra and Kuyt the door and they were two big big players as well.  The football has looked good in parts and given we are a work in progress I can understand the lack of consistency but yes I'm quite happy with the manager.  We do have the meanest defence in the league and if my memory serves me right we have conceded more than one goal just once in a game and that was the 4-0 loss to Spurs when we had two players sent off.  Building from the back it seems.

Suso is my favourite player to watch amongst the youth and reserves.  I know a lot of people rate Sterling very highly but I just love watching Suso play.  He plays a lot like Silva, a diminutive attacking playmaker with an exceptional left foot.

How about several ?  But I'll stick to just one for the sake of it and say after careful deliberation Aguero.  I reckon him and Suarez can easily play as a part of a front three. 

Edit:  Seems I have had a freudian slip.  I meant to say Silva and not Aguero although I wouldn't mind Aguero at all.

When people say city I immediately think of Dubai but only because Abu Dhabi doesn't have a particularly memorable skyline.  Oil money and some nauseating marketing from the new owners.  Not the biggest fan of the combo since I never really had a bad opinion of the club in its previous avatar so to speak.  In fact I have supported City during the Manchester derby but I suppose the days of Fowler scoring for city and giving the Mans a five fingered salute are well and truly done.

Injuries barring I think it will be Reina in goal.  Johnson at right back, Skrtel and Agger in the centre and Enrique at left back.  I would expect to see a three man midfield with Henderson, Adam and Spearing in there.  Downing and Bellamy out wide with Suarez being the lone forward.  I don't do score predictions sorry.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:15:41 pm by jooneyisdagod »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2011, 08:12:47 pm »
Lucas is a big loss, right now i'd say all of our defence (agger, skrtel, Johnson and Enrique) Suarez and our returning captain.

I was, although 35million on Carroll i did not agree with.

Top 4 at the beginning of the season, now with Suarez gettin banned and Lucas missing the whole season i'd say 5/6. League cup/FA cup winners :)

Hell yeah. Great to have The King back.

Raheem Sterling, going to be a big star.

David Silva, along with Van Persie i'd say he's the best player in the league, i also have a soft spot for super Mario.

Besides buying the league? :) I do however like the fact that you're turning into the biggest club in Manchester.

Depends if Suarez is banned or not. If he is swap him for Carrol.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Adam, Hendo, Kuyt, Bellamy, Carroll

Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:16:41 pm by stevieG786 »

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2011, 09:03:49 pm »
Lucas, luckily for you'll he's out, Suarez obviously who might also be out (Jeez you'll getting way too lucky), Gerrard if he can get back to full fitness and our entire back line - one of the very best in the league.

Little mixed feelings especially on letting both Aquilani and Meireles leave though we never expected Gerrard to get injured. Adam still a bit inconsistent but improving - needs to work on weak areas of his game. Henderson I've been impressed with - seems an intelligent footballer, good passing, good movement. Enrique and Bellamy have been brilliant (Surprised you'll went for Clichy instead). Coates also looks good footballer. Downing been a disappointment (but hope he'll improve) Carroll has also found it tough so far.

Well I'm generally an eternal optimist. Top 4, Carling Cup and maybe FA Cup as well. ;)

Definitely - especially after Roy Hodgson. Had a little concern about Kenny at first but he's shown to be extremely capable. His work with the youth before taking the step up is also vital. He's also surrounded by brilliant staff which really helps.

Well sure you've heard of the likes of Sterling, Wisdom, Coady, Flanagan, Robinson, Kelly... ones you may not have heard of. I like Tony Silva, Michael Ngoo, Suso, Morgan and Adorjan as well (they're still far from first team football but look to be good talents). Rafa revamped the Academy very recently so will be a while before these players make the step up.

Obviously David Silva (he's just so damn good - if only Rafa was backed by those two viruses, he'd be playing for us already).

Well anyone who's from the same city as Man U is always going to look great. Obviously you'll have a lot of money which has built a strong squad. Don't really have too much of an opinion of you'll - win the league title over the red shite that'll be great thanks.

Tough line up to predict depends on who's available by then. Lucas and Suarez could be two absentees, maybe Gerrard as well. Possible line up could be. Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Spearing, Adam, Bellamy, Carroll, Downing. (Assuming Suarez and Gerrard aren't available) and I never predict scores.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:06:47 pm by koolkamal »
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »

- That'll play? Suarez, maybe Stevie if he's at 100%. The most correct answer would be Skrtel and Agger. If they're both fit and playing, it's a close game like the last one.

- Yes and no. I had a sneaky feeling the decision to take Downing over Mata would be a poor one, and thus far it has been. It's still early and I back Downing 100%, but I think Mata is already a better player with the potential to improve. Enrique has been absolutely top drawer, glad we got him. Adam has been inconsistent, but he was looking like a very good addition before Lucas went down.

- I still think we can finish in the top four. Aside from the two Manchester clubs, every other team has the potential to crash, and I think if we can find our feet quickly enough, we can benefit from that. Spurs look very, very good though, and you'd not expect Arsenal to have two disastrous runs in one year...

- I think his substitutions are a little odd at times, and I'd like to see Maxi get a run, but the team is so far ahead of Hodgson's Liverpool. He also fights for the club passionately, and I know he only has our best interests at heart. Wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world.

- Academy lad are supposed to be very good, my vote would go to Adam Morgan if he keeps up his development. He's a hell of a finisher.

- Aguero. Team needs a decent finisher, and him with Suarez roaming around behind him would cause mayhem. I'd also accept Silva, De Jong and Dzeko if you're feeling generous.

- Always liked City fans and the club. It's a lot easier to like Mancini than Mourinho, and unlike Chelsea, they've brought some very exciting players to the league and a great style of play to watch. I'll be cursing your name to the skies come matchday, but otherwise I'd be quite happy to see them win the league if it isn't going to be us (ha). City fans have been good about their recent successes, so I won't be averse to seeing a few more. Was hoping for a bit more support for Suarez from your lot though, after seeing the same media  demonisation of Balotelli, but obviously the circumstances are very different.

Reina

Enrique
Skrtel
Agger
Johnson

Adam
Henderson

Downing
Suarez
Bellamy

Carroll

No idea for the score, 1-1 probably.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2011, 02:08:09 am »

Lucas, Agger, Suarez and Gerrard. Only two of them will play mind.

Very. Enrique has been he best buy of the season. I LOVE Henderson. Charlie Adam will grow. On the other hand Downing, worryingly low amount of confidence. Glad we got rid of Meireles as well.

One of the domestic cups, and sneak fourth. All depends on our transfer dealings in January. We need a striker desperately. If we don't get one, we'll finish 6th.

There isn't one person in the world that I would rather manage us. I was only a baby when he left the first time around. So up until January, Dalglish was this mystical figure that my mam and other family/friends would go on about. Now I've experienced him, its just wow. That's the only way I can describe it. I don't think any other clubs fans have that bond with their manager. In fact not even close. He's been through everything with us, the highs and the lows. He is King.

Jack Robinson would be my tip. Already played a few first team games. Would be surprised if he wasn't our first choice left back when Barcelona poach Enrique in two years time.

Aguero. Easily. Imagine him and Suarez? Jesus.

Funny one this. City away used to be one of my favourite aways. We met up with a great bunch of City fans before the game and get treated really well. They wouldn't take themselves too seriously, just in it for the laugh. Once you got all the money they stopped going gradually, can't afford it. Since then I haven't enjoyed going there. A lot of your fans are unbearable with awful dress sense. I remember getting the train through Horwich Parkway when you were playing Bolton earlier this season. I couldn't tell the difference between the two sets of supporters from their clothes, thats bad.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Kuyt and Suarez. 1-1 again.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2011, 02:26:49 am »
You people are aware he only picks 3 right? :P
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali