Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sorry what was this about? Which one of Simon Hughes or James Pearce did a hit job on them and what did it say?

https://theathletic.com/3597043/2022/09/16/liverpool-medical-department/

If you’re on an iPhone, open the link, don’t scroll and put it in reader mode, it bypasses the paywall. Sorry if you already knew this or already subscribe.

Was a cheap shot from Hughes really.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?
« Last post by Thomas on Today at 11:27:44 am »
Thank you
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by Andy82lfc on Today at 11:26:03 am »
The problem with polling like this is that it just means there’s less chance of a general election until the very last minute.

You could also say that polls like these may cause more panic and calls for an earlier election by some tory mp's, as things most likely will keep getting worse.
Yougov Poll
Fieldwork 7-8 May

Lab 48 (+4)
Con 18 (NC)
Ref 13 (-2)
LD 9 (-1)
Grn 7 (-1)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Because Carlo is going to give up coaching Vini and Kroos in the Champions League semis every year for the chance to coach Scott McTominay and Antony in the Conference League?

Don Carlo is going to be on the run in a few weeks time or else he's going to prison. He joined Everton before so i wouldn't put it past him to go to the United.
General Football and Sport / Re: Pro Cycling 2023
« Last post by Baby Huey on Today at 11:24:38 am »
13 Years ago today. Time flies. RIP.

That offside decision by the linesman/referee looks worse and worse every time you look at it. A truly shocking piece of refereeing. I'd be absolutely livid if it happened to us.

If it happened to us people would be screaming corruption, and you couldn't really blame them for it.

Problem with shit decisions and corruption is they are impossible to tell apart, this is why so much of it has happened in the game. Except for in England of course, those type of things don't go on here.
History will say 6 finals in 11 years. Likely 6 wins. But anyone who has watched it unfold is wondering what the fuck is going on? Honestly some hoodoo magic going down. That offside call is absolutely mental as well.

Absolutely reeks that call. The linesman completely ignores the proper procedure.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by Son of Spion on Today at 11:20:29 am »
It's going to be very much a case of the king is dead. Long live the king.
Klopp has had such a profound impact though. I really fear for 'the next guy'. Going to be like trying to fill the shoes of a childhood sweetheart, or similar.  I just hope, that because we have been so spoilt, we recognise it and give him a real chance.
I think the fact that we all recognise that Klopp is irreplaceable, actually helps the new manager rather than hinders him. Absolutely no one thinks he or anyone else can fill Klopp's shoes, and I don't think many expect him to either. So, in a way, it does give the new man a clean slate to be himself and impose himself and his ideas. He'll stand or fall on his own merits, I think. He can't be measured against Klopp, because no one can be. He's a complete one-off.

Bill Shankly was similar. More than just a manager. Something more like a mythical, spiritual being in many ways. The guy used to give me goosebumps just listening to him speak. No one expected Bob Paisley to fill Bill's boots, so he could just be his own man and do it his way. He did that quite well too.  ;)

No one can follow Klopp, so you don't even try to. You just do your own thing and believe in it. Trying to recreate what/who has gone before you typically ends in disaster. Klopp himself proved that by the way he respected our history but wasn't here to recreate something. He was here to build something new. He was certainly a new broom. When Klopp walked through the door we stopped trying to get back the past, and started to create a new present. I think Slot has a very similar opportunity.
My nightmare appointment for them would be Ancelotti.
Because Carlo is going to give up coaching Vini and Kroos in the Champions League semis every year for the chance to coach Scott McTominay and Antony in the Conference League?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10