Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069987 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #9680 on: February 5, 2023, 04:41:52 pm »
Arsenal have basically changed the whole team in recent years, not the best example! Yeah we'll hopefully get Trent and a few others back to his best football but it very likely will never happen for all our old players.

How many did they add last summer? The nucleus of the team is still the same as the one which finished outside the top 4 the season before, only change is bringing Saliba back from loan and adding Zichenko and Jesus.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9681 on: February 5, 2023, 04:49:11 pm »
Who'd be a good CB for us in the summer? Gvardiol is obviously great but will be extortionate (and maybe not the best in the air which is an issue). Been loosely linked to some young lads like Antonio Silva and Giorgio Scalvini.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9682 on: February 5, 2023, 04:50:47 pm »
How many did they add last summer? The nucleus of the team is still the same as the one which finished outside the top 4 the season before, only change is bringing Saliba back from loan and adding Zichenko and Jesus.
Arsenal haven't been ravaged by injuries to key players, we have, that doesn't excuse our form, but it goes some way to explaining it, I'm just wondering what further disaster awaits us during this wretched season.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #9683 on: February 5, 2023, 04:53:54 pm »
Who'd be a good CB for us in the summer? Gvardiol is obviously great but will be extortionate (and maybe not the best in the air which is an issue). Been loosely linked to some young lads like Antonio Silva and Giorgio Scalvini.

Scalvini is a big lad but he isn't the quickest. I know nothing of Antonio Silva.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9684 on: February 5, 2023, 05:10:26 pm »

No idea but Badiashile looks good for Chelsea and I hadnt heard of him until recently. Must be someone out there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9685 on: February 5, 2023, 05:31:57 pm »
No idea but Badiashile looks good for Chelsea and I hadnt heard of him until recently. Must be someone out there.
Of course there is for normally functioning football clubs, but apparently we have to sit and wait for our Big Summer™

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9686 on: February 5, 2023, 05:40:10 pm »
Of course there is for normally functioning football clubs, but apparently we have to sit and wait for our Big Summer™

Chelsea are a normal fuctioning club?

We need another centre back this summer in the Konate mould- young, tall, quick amd aggressive (and ideally available all the time). Agree with Killer that Badiashile looks good

Also frustrating that Newcastle got both Guimaraes and Botmann as they also look good. There are certainly good players available everywhere and we are a huge draw, just got to identify them and get them

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9687 on: February 5, 2023, 05:41:42 pm »

We need another centre back this summer in the Konate mould- young, tall, quick amd aggressive (and ideally available all the time). Agree with Killer that Badiashile looks good

Also frustrating that Newcastle got both Guimaraes and Botmann as they also look good. There are certainly good players available everywhere and we are a huge draw, just got to identify them and get them
They sign players don't they?, we don't

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9688 on: February 5, 2023, 05:48:08 pm »

Yes they do, but that certainly doesn't make them normal or functioning!!

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9689 on: February 5, 2023, 06:06:00 pm »
We’ve got to spend big, regardless of previous philosophy, too many areas of the team need improvement. If we aren’t willing to then it’s difficult to see how we’ll be in and around the top 2/3 any time soon.

I agree, this kid is 23 and going on a free. Smart business!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9690 on: February 5, 2023, 06:07:35 pm »
Well Xhaka was, i don't think Fabinho and Henderson will suddenly turn things round, but i feel the likes of Salah, VVD, Trent Robertson Thiago still have a lot to offer, in a settled team.

Pretty much agree with this.

Many of the players are looking a lot worse than what they actually are, at the moment.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9691 on: February 5, 2023, 06:31:12 pm »
Xhaka wasn’t written off was he? He’s just shite
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9692 on: February 5, 2023, 07:02:55 pm »
Announce Paul Mitchell or someone else as Sporting Director ASAP for fucks sakes.  :butt

Grant and Phil's long lost brother???
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #9693 on: February 5, 2023, 07:04:50 pm »

I imagine you could go to the French League, blindfold yourself, throw a rock in any direction and hit a good one or three. And that goes double for midfielders.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9694 on: February 5, 2023, 07:40:17 pm »
Xhaka wasn’t written off was he? He’s just shite

He would probably be in the team of the year, this season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9695 on: February 5, 2023, 07:41:40 pm »
He would probably be in the team of the year, this season.

And?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9696 on: February 5, 2023, 08:20:03 pm »
And?

He's not shite, he just had clear weaknesses that could be alleviated by having the right players alongside him and the right system.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9697 on: February 5, 2023, 09:28:18 pm »
He's not shite, he just had clear weaknesses that could be alleviated by having the right players alongside him and the right system.

Because having one good PL season in his career makes him a top player…?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9698 on: February 5, 2023, 09:50:18 pm »
Announce Paul Mitchell or someone else as Sporting Director ASAP for fucks sakes.  :butt

« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 09:55:12 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9699 on: February 5, 2023, 10:12:05 pm »
Because having one good PL season in his career makes him a top player…?

No just means hes not shite.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9700 on: February 5, 2023, 11:17:28 pm »
Well Xhaka was, i don't think Fabinho and Henderson will suddenly turn things round, but i feel the likes of Salah, VVD, Trent Robertson Thiago still have a lot to offer, in a settled team.
No he wasn't. He's turned 30 this season (and has infamously always been slow and immobile anyway). Just googled when he threw the armband away and rightly told arsenal fans to fuck off (great moment) and it was october 2019, so three and a half years ago. So yeah, definitely not the same age related decline at all - he was just a scapegoat when they were bad and he turned it around

we looked at David Carmo years ago during the CB give up year (and got Kabak) - he then had a horrific leg break keeping him out over a year. Looked like he'd be a huge fee before the injury, but ended up staying in Portugal being bought by Porto after his recovery (still highest club transfer between portuguese clubs).

He's not completely falled out with Conceicao after a bizarre penalty incident in the champions league. Could be a chance for a club to speculate to accumulate and take him off their hands during a low point.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 11:28:46 pm by classycarra »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9701 on: February 5, 2023, 11:33:38 pm »
No he wasn't. He's turned 30 this season (and has infamously always been slow and immobile anyway). Just googled when he threw the armband away and rightly told arsenal fans to fuck off (great moment) and it was october 2019, so three and a half years ago. So yeah, definitely not the same age related decline at all - he was just a scapegoat when they were bad and he turned it around
we looked at David Carmo years ago during the CB give up year (and got Kabak) - he then had a horrific leg break keeping him out over a year. Looked like he'd be a huge fee before the injury, but ended up staying in Portugal being bought by Porto after his recovery (still highest club transfer between portuguese clubs).

He's not completely falled out with Conceicao after a bizarre penalty incident in the champions league. Could be a chance for a club to speculate to accumulate and take him off their hands during a low point.

Carmo is supposed to be not particularly mobile. Pace needs to be the primary asset of any CB we look at.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #9702 on: February 6, 2023, 01:46:46 am »

Antonio Silva will go for a lot of money in the future, Benfica fans have been raving about him.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9703 on: February 6, 2023, 01:54:28 am »
It all depends on how much money we have. But assuming we are going to spend whatever budget we do have on the midfield, I would try to sign Evan Ndicka on a free in summer. Central defender. Eintracht Frankfurt. 6’4. French U21. Now age 23.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9704 on: February 6, 2023, 07:34:02 am »
It all depends on how much money we have. But assuming we are going to spend whatever budget we do have on the midfield, I would try to sign Evan Ndicka on a free in summer. Central defender. Eintracht Frankfurt. 6’4. French U21. Now age 23.
These kind of deals could (and should, if the manager wants him) be announced immediately. Even a free transfer would give the fans some confidence that a rebuild will start to happen in the summer. I'm pretty sure Matip was confirmed months before he joined.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9705 on: February 6, 2023, 07:41:29 am »

Arsenal were linked with him in the last transfer window. He's exactly the type of player/deal Barca will be over in the summer in order to get in their financial constraints.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9706 on: February 6, 2023, 08:14:40 am »

we sign left forwards and anyone that plays well against us

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9707 on: February 6, 2023, 08:28:58 am »

Should be but I've spent the last 5-6 years listening to well informed people suggesting good
transfers targets Liverpool don't even look at. We've hardly touched the French league for some reason. No Guimares, no Camavingas - despite alleged scouting and "interest".
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9708 on: February 6, 2023, 09:12:50 am »
Should be but I've spent the last 5-6 years listening to well informed people suggesting good transfers targets Liverpool don't even look at. We've hardly touched the French league for some reason. No Guimares, no Camavingas - despite alleged scouting and "interest".

How do you know we've not looked at them? One of our big issues at the moment seems to be when to actually pull the trigger on players we like, rather than not looking at them.

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9709 on: February 6, 2023, 09:25:13 am »
Bit of a non-story in the Athletic that Madrid think its us or City who sign Bellingham and "it is now very unlikely Bellingham will be sold for much less than £110million." Which seems weirdly specific

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #9710 on: February 6, 2023, 09:29:11 am »
Badiashile was looking good even at 17 years of age.
(well, I watch French football). His ex-partner, Axel Disasi is also very good. (1.90m, 24 years).
I think Guehi is worth apunt, but Crystal Palace will want a lot for him. (Not a tall centre back though)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9711 on: February 6, 2023, 09:29:59 am »
Bit of a non-story in the Athletic that Madrid think its us or City who sign Bellingham and "it is now very unlikely Bellingham will be sold for much less than £110million." Which seems weirdly specific

A great price really, when you see the ridiculous sums for defensive midfielders and what horrendous players like Antony have gone for.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9712 on: February 6, 2023, 09:36:43 am »

One down, one to go.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9713 on: February 6, 2023, 09:37:51 am »

Bored of the Bellingham talk and not sure spunking £110m on one player (who is really really good I must add) is the best use of funds when we have as many issues as we do, especially if FSG stay on. If we get a takeover and they will commit funds then it's a different story.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9714 on: February 6, 2023, 10:16:31 am »
we sign anyone that plays well against us

That list must be huge! Dawson incoming..

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9715 on: February 6, 2023, 11:02:41 am »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9716 on: February 6, 2023, 11:09:47 am »
So, are we more likely to sign Bellingham than city now?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9717 on: February 6, 2023, 11:10:57 am »
The Real game is the Bellingham derby. They won the Tchouameni derby, we'll take this one!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9718 on: February 6, 2023, 11:11:18 am »
You were saying?

#welcomejudebellinghamlfcfire

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9719 on: February 6, 2023, 11:20:28 am »
Where’s the windfall from Man City being declared cheats money, John?
Roger Scruton was right about everything.