Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 580637 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
At the same time dont rule out us doing for our own PR needs. We could do it because its true, because we are trying to dampen down the desperation to sign a new player or because we dont want our fans head to fall off.

They have already fallen off.

League title won’t happen cause we drew to Fulham.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
It's a right pain in the ass unfortunately same names again and again injured. Keita and Ox 
Keita isn't injured, he was ill and Klopp said he was back

im lost for words
if only  :lickin

on both i could understand if they where world beaters but they aren't even close and can't understand why they are still here just constant sick notes.

the manager wanted them here. Ox will probably go but Klopp wants to offer Keita a new contract. Guess you'll be lost for words for some time still.

[Thiago is a real worry just seems to be constantly pulling up with something but obviously given the talent he should be given all the leeway in the world. We just seem to be desperately unlucky in regards getting clusters of injuries in the same positions.
Maybe something about the intensity of our midfield play? I don't know if that's a possibility. Keita had no particular injury history before coming here; which should serve as a caution that any player we buy won't be guaranteed injury free. There is never a guarantee. I read the other day that Gini has been injured a fair bit since leaving us, though he rarely was while here.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
The Thiago injury sounds far more positive than initially thought.

Hopefully, but I remember they said that after Goodison and he didn't play for 4 months. The club are always very vague about injuries.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No way am I getting my hopes up regarding any of our injured players. Whenever Klopp or anyone has said it’s a small problem we haven’t seen the player for months.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
the manager wanted them here. Ox will probably go but Klopp wants to offer Keita a new contract. Guess you'll be lost for words for some time still.
Maybe something about the intensity of our midfield play? I don't know if that's a possibility. Keita had no particular injury history before coming here; which should serve as a caution that any player we buy won't be guaranteed injury free. There is never a guarantee. I read the other day that Gini has been injured a fair bit since leaving us, though he rarely was while here.

The biggest predictor of injuries can be previous injuries. We've got screwed by Keita's old national team coach which has caused injury problems there. Ox and Thiago we knew signing them were made of glass. Henderson has had issues dating back to the Rodgers days with his heel. Milner is just more prone to a muscle pull if he's overplayed given his age. Elliott suffered a freak injury and Jones had an eye problem last season of all things. Fabinho is relatively durable but can be overplayed and overburdened (i.e. the injury in the run-in last season when he could have done with the rest at Villa). We had Gini who was always available and therefore played because somebody else was always out.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Neil Jones

Unlikely he knows anymore than the Club and they aren’t going to say he’s out for 6-8 weeks if we want a midfielder
"unlikely" ??  :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
At the same time dont rule out us doing for our own PR needs. We could do it because its true, because we are trying to dampen down the desperation to sign a new player or because we dont want our fans head to fall off.

Ahhh yes the PR of leaking that it’s not serious and him then missing 3 months would be incredibly positive
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
Personally speaking I think the club needs to go out and buy or loan a CM, Thiago oozes quality but he’s injury prone, Hendo is 32 (not an ideal age for a grafter type) and has developed a habit of picking up one or two troubling injuries himself,  Milner will be 37 just after Christmas and is probably not capable of playing week in week out anymore and of course Naby is made of glass.
The likes of Curtis (who is injured himself), Elliott and Carvalho etc are still a bit young , aren’t really CM’s and aren’t really disciplined enough to play that role.
That leaves Fab as the only player we can really hang our hats on.
I think we need to go out and buy/loan someone or we could find ourselves in a similar situation to when we had no CB’s. That scenario very nearly cost us a CL place, we scraped into the top 4 by the skin of our teeth. Don’t want to go through that again.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
6 weeks out for Thiago

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Just a great opening fixture all round eh

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
6 weeks out for Thiago

Takes us to the back end of September when he returns, so he probably misses half of this first half of the season.

If its 6 weeks then i doubt we go for anyone.

I am a bit concerned about Konate. I wonder if its like the Jota injury in his first season.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
6 weeks out for Thiago
where is that Caston?  I can't find anything.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Hmm it's a bit middling, If he'd been out for a lot longer I suspect we'd have brought someone else in. Not sure we will for 6 weeks.

The young'uns will just have to step up
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Athletic confirming that

6 weeks out then training so be two months
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
7 league fixtures he misses but there is a international break at the back end of September so that gives him the 2 weeks he will need to get some full training in.

If he doesn't get back in time though then its a blow because he will miss the games against Arsenal and crucially Man City. He already misses United, Everton and Chelsea.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
7 league fixtures he misses but there is a international break at the back end of September so that gives him the 2 weeks he will need to get some full training in.

If he doesn't get back in time though then its a blow because he will miss the games against Arsenal and crucially Man City. He already misses United, Everton and Chelsea.

Chelsea is away too

It’s a pretty big blow

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Chelsea is away too

It’s a pretty big blow

Of course, but I am not sure its enough to sign a midfielder.

I mean, we should. Our collection of midfielders is a bit mad.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Of course, but I am not sure its enough to sign a midfielder.

I mean, we should. Our collection of midfielders is a bit mad.

We needed a midfielder before he got injured.

We still won’t sign one.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Who’ll translate for Nunez now?  :(
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Who’ll translate for Nunez now?  :(
Stefan Bajcetic?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan

plus 2 CL games ... potentially 3 or 4 if it goes into October.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
I'd be amazed if we signed someone as management already knew Thiago is prone to injuries and long lay offs - this latest injury changes nothing. In a way the stance is admirable as it gives youth a chance and helps with squad harmony by virtue of having smaller squad. In another way its a bit infuriating as you can quite easily see our issues in midfield costing us the league.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Chelsea is away too

It’s a pretty big blow

To be fair it's written in stone that we can't have our best midfield available against Chelsea.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
I’ve been impressed with Bajcetic - think he might get a chance in a few PL games from the bench now.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
I wonder if we'd have entertained the idea of loaning Gini back if he hadn't just gone to Roma.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
Athletic confirming that

6 weeks out then training so be two months

Who knows.

Time is an illusion.

And time of injury absences as announced by LFC is doubly so.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
If the club does not bring anyone in, it's a Big big test for Klopp's management with the midfielders out.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Real opportunity for Elliot this, and I think he’s ready to capitalise.

Could be really good for the club in the long term.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
If the club does not bring anyone in, it's a Big big test for Klopp's management with the midfielders out.
You don’t buy a player to cover a six week injury (not unless you’re really badly run anyway)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
You don’t buy a player to cover a six week injury (not unless you’re really badly run anyway)
We have Hendo, Fab, Milly, and Elliot plus some kids left in Midfield?  That is pretty thin to start a season.
Another injury to any of the 4 in that time will probably write the season off.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
We have Hendo, Fab, Milly, and Elliot plus some kids left in Midfield?  That is pretty thin to start a season.
And keita.

Let’s not try to make it sound silly
W

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
any idea when curtis will be back as well?

guess frustrating time for him as well last season with covid and eye injuries. and now with elliot and carvalho in the squad. more so for him to step it up a bit.

how was curtis injury record when he is still with the youth?

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
Hendo, Milly, Fab, Naby and Elliot/Carvalho should be able to cover midfield for 6 weeks.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Thiago is like finding money in a coat pocket.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
And keita.

And the chances of him going two whole months without picking up an injury?  :(

Then you are down to 4, playing twice a week from September, two of them in their 30’s. Hopefully not, but it could get worse before it gets better.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan

And the chances of him going two whole months without picking up an injury?  :(

Then you are down to 4, playing twice a week from September, two of them in their 30’s. Hopefully not, but it could get worse before it gets better.

Assuming Jones isn't serious we're hopefully fine but if he's out for a few more weeks I reckon it's pretty likely that it gets worse before it gets better. All the other fit midfielders have an injury in them and they're going to need to play more minutes than we'd like.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
The bad thing is you can never be sure with Thiago. Six weeks could easily become 10

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Why would you write the season off?

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
Stupid to write off a season based off 1 whole game played!

Have to say though, before even Ox and Thiago were inured, even Klopp himself was looking for a midfielder so there is no doubt we are now cut short there. The length of our injuries are always a mystery, Ramsay for 1 is weird, fanfare on arrival then .... near silence "a problem has been identified and needs looking at to prevent long term issues" which is fair enough but still.

Cannot see Hendo, Milner and Keita all staying fit for 2 months solid. We are not totally up shit creek but its not exactly happy days either is it.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
Stupid to write off a season based off 1 whole game played!

Have to say though, before even Ox and Thiago were inured, even Klopp himself was looking for a midfielder so there is no doubt we are now cut short there. The length of our injuries are always a mystery, Ramsay for 1 is weird, fanfare on arrival then .... near silence "a problem has been identified and needs looking at to prevent long term issues" which is fair enough but still.

Cannot see Hendo, Milner and Keita all staying fit for 2 months solid. We are not totally up shit creek but its not exactly happy days either is it.

It’s frustrating but we seem to want to do things the most difficult way possible, we will struggle week to week as it stands and add extra mileage/load to the legs of our fitter players

Jones in particular has to be the most frustrating player at the club, he should be pushing to be a starter now given his ability