Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3124840 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #34560 on: July 27, 2022, 12:56:28 am »
Let's not sound desperate, though, eh?

I mean I assume he's an OK player, having never seen him, but there are always other players and however good he might be he'll be the lucky one if LFC choose him, rather than the other way round.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34561 on: July 27, 2022, 04:48:23 am »
His last post before that one 

:D

He’s true to his word. It’s just that he posted the nonsense this time.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34562 on: July 27, 2022, 04:57:16 am »

Also, there’s rumours we’re interested in Divack Origi and Sadeo Mane.

I could actually see Man City in the future getting round FFP by selling Phil Foden to New York City for £100m and buying a player called Phillip Fodan, same age, for £10m from Melbourne FC two months later, who looks suspiciously like Phil Foden but he wears one of those hats with the corks on string.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34563 on: July 27, 2022, 07:43:13 am »
You think he pays for Bellingham's left arm?

I mean if the £20m went into a pot of other money to fund him then yeah, maybe he does ;D

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34564 on: July 27, 2022, 08:25:19 am »
Jude Bellingham: "You can have all the money you want from playing football, you can buy whatever you want, but being appreciated for creating so many memories for so many people. That's the thing that motivates me in football."
Saucey-sauce, MacR. (Welcome back.)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34565 on: July 27, 2022, 08:27:47 am »
The Bellingham clip is nice - he's not coming out with soundbites - you can see it's authentic I reckon. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up here after watching this. It ties in with the comments about the ref after Bayern. He's cut from a different cloth.

https://twitter.com/bellinghamstan/status/1551569876652810240
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34566 on: July 27, 2022, 08:47:33 am »
The Bellingham clip is nice - he's not coming out with soundbites - you can see it's authentic I reckon. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up here after watching this. It ties in with the comments about the ref after Bayern. He's cut from a different cloth.

https://twitter.com/bellinghamstan/status/1551569876652810240

Said it all along but the fact that he went to Dortmund in the first place showed that he has his head screwed on and/or that he is being well advised.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34567 on: July 27, 2022, 08:48:18 am »
Interesting extract from Lijnders book quoted in the echo, its great that we have got ourselves to this position of strength

“Academy and game-changers, that’s where we need to invest,” I said, while sitting in Jürgen’s office [in the week of their 6-0 win over Leeds in February].

“Not second-line players who take the space for our talents. [Luis] Diaz and Kaide [Gordon], or Thiago and Harvey [Elliott].”

Room for talent, space for our Academy to give a chance to these young boys to evolve into game-changers.

We have to buy premium and use the Academy.

Liverpool deserves a process like this.

A good system always gives freedom and the chance for interpretation.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34568 on: July 27, 2022, 09:16:26 am »
Said it all along but the fact that he went to Dortmund in the first place showed that he has his head screwed on and/or that he is being well advised.

See where you're coming from, but Haaland did the same. Both turned down bigger money from Man United to go to Germany instead, and Haaland immediately followed it up with going to City and getting a huge, huge wage packet.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #34569 on: July 27, 2022, 09:28:15 am »
See where you're coming from, but Haaland did the same. Both turned down bigger money from Man United to go to Germany instead, and Haaland immediately followed it up with going to City and getting a huge, huge wage packet.
Yeah but Haaland, his Dad and that money grabbing twat Raiola made no secret of the fact that they wanted his next move to be about the money.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #34570 on: July 27, 2022, 09:30:02 am »
Equally though, Haaland was being guided by one of the most well-known money hungry agents in the game who has shown a pattern of behaviour in the past of being happy to move players about for money rather than career progression or achievements. His Dad also seems bizarrely money-hungry. I think for Bellingham and Haaland, BVB offered the same thing - game time, growth, progression and a stepping stone into a bigger side. But from their respective public personas I think we have two rather different individuals driven towards the same thing but wanting different paths to it.

Utlimately, Haaland seems obsessed with his public image, fame, money and personal glory to go with the trophies. We've already seen vain arrogance and hypocrisy from him. Bellingham, on early impressions seems to want to turn himself into the absolute best he can be and win trophies, regardless of how he's perceived by outside eyes. I've said it before - that interview Roy highlights and another I've seen where senior players have said he's challenged them on their effort levels - that Bellingham displays a level of developed drive and leadership I'm not sure I've personally ever seen from a teenager. He is and will be special.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34571 on: July 27, 2022, 09:31:11 am »

What a gem of a quote. Anti-Hodgsonesque in its beauty.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34572 on: July 27, 2022, 09:35:05 am »
where's it from?

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #34573 on: July 27, 2022, 09:44:49 am »
where's it from?
4 posts up  ;)

Pep Lijnders
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline .........

• Kemlynite
« Reply #34574 on: July 27, 2022, 10:00:00 am »
Jude Bellingham: "You can have all the money you want from playing football, you can buy whatever you want, but being appreciated for creating so many memories for so many people. That's the thing that motivates me in football."

Welcome to Liverpool Jude.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34575 on: July 27, 2022, 10:02:02 am »
where's it from?

Pep Lijnders new book - 'There's only one Pep that matters'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34576 on: July 27, 2022, 10:14:11 am »

Difference is Haaland went where he could get a low release clause which would all but guarantee him more money later down the line (and he's done the same to City). Bellingham did no such thing.

Haaland had a reputation when he moved whereby he would be guaranteed game time wherever he went but went to Dortmund because he knew he could get out after a couple of seasons. Conversely, Bellingham was at a point in his career where if he had made the wrong move he could have got stuck on the bench and stagnated, so he chose a move that put him in the best place for game time whilst still being at a high level. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 10:17:08 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34577 on: July 27, 2022, 10:56:56 am »
Interesting extract from Lijnders book quoted in the echo, its great that we have got ourselves to this position of strength

“Academy and game-changers, that’s where we need to invest,” I said, while sitting in Jürgen’s office [in the week of their 6-0 win over Leeds in February].

“Not second-line players who take the space for our talents. [Luis] Diaz and Kaide [Gordon], or Thiago and Harvey [Elliott].”

Room for talent, space for our Academy to give a chance to these young boys to evolve into game-changers.

I mean, with FSG's propensity to promote from within, he's nailed on to take over after Klopp leaves right?

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34578 on: July 27, 2022, 10:59:44 am »
I mean, with FSG's propensity to promote from within, he's nailed on to take over after Klopp leaves right?
I really hope so

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34579 on: July 27, 2022, 11:08:30 am »

A good system is a good system forever. Fact.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34580 on: July 27, 2022, 11:36:50 am »
Whisper it but Haaland does have an emotional/meaning-based link to Man City, even if they have morphed into an enormous plastic sportswashing machine simulacrum of a football club.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34581 on: July 27, 2022, 11:41:25 am »
Whisper it but Haaland does have an emotional/meaning-based link to Man City, even if they have morphed into an enormous plastic sportswashing machine simulacrum of a football club.

I mean he does sure, in the same way that Bruno Cheyrou or Raul Meireles kids might for us. Didn't win any trophies, didn't really do anything, played 40 odd games for us. His dad was hardly some Man City icon, he played 47 games for them and his only real season there was one where they got relagated. His legacy for that club is that he was the guy who Roy Keane injured.

Whisper it....because he doesnt really ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34582 on: July 27, 2022, 11:44:35 am »
I mean he does sure, in the same way that Bruno Cheyrou or Raul Meireles kids might for us. Didn't win any trophies, didn't really do anything, played 40 odd games for us. His dad was hardly some Man City icon, he played 47 games for them and his only real season there was one where they got relagated. His legacy for that club is that he was the guy who Roy Keane injured.

;D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34583 on: July 27, 2022, 11:47:07 am »

I think we like to kid ourselves of that. He's got meaning and he's got a truck load of netto money. Let's just say he's 'committed'.

Regardless though, I think Bellingham is genuinely different, and has been since the decision around the departure from Brum - he was getting game time already, he was developing in the spotlight. He went to Germany in part because of the situation at his own club, and the gestures around that confirmed it. He's a more sensitive type of fella. I think that's true of a Salah type too - he's compromised on his 'best in the market' terms to stay at the club and aim for records, for example.

They're human beings and there are all variants of them - money-driven mercenaries through to sensitive types who mean it when they kiss a badge.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34584 on: July 27, 2022, 11:49:34 am »
His legacy for that club is that he was the guy who Roy Keane injured.

Literally the only reason he's even known as an ex-footballer.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34585 on: July 27, 2022, 11:50:19 am »

We've got our Boot Room back. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34586 on: July 27, 2022, 12:01:39 pm »
Literally the only reason he's even known as an ex-footballer.
Also having a rudely suggestive name
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34587 on: July 27, 2022, 12:39:59 pm »
A good system is a good system forever. Fact.
until circumstances change .....

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34588 on: July 27, 2022, 01:15:23 pm »

Doesn’t that qualify him for a statue?

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34589 on: July 27, 2022, 02:05:47 pm »

Sometimes the gap between this game-changer and an a academy player is big so I don't understand why it's wrong get a second-line player. I do understand that we prefer to keep young players and develop them here but is it really better for them than the experience Harvey got at Blackburn for example? I honestly think if we had a better player then Jones defensively we would have won the leauge last season and he would have developed more if he was starting for a team like Fulham on loan.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34590 on: July 27, 2022, 02:17:30 pm »
Sometimes the gap between this game-changer and an a academy player is big so I don't understand why it's wrong get a second-line player. I do understand that we prefer to keep young players and develop them here but is it really better for them than the experience Harvey got at Blackburn for example? I honestly think if we had a better player then Jones defensively we would have won the leauge last season and he would have developed more if he was starting for a team like Fulham on loan.

Its a fine line but I think the club believes with less resources and competing against cheats that buying a second-line player detracts from our ability to get game-changers. We are in the great position where we don't need signings purely for depth- we've got to this point by only buying what we know will improve us and waiting if a top target isn't available

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34591 on: July 27, 2022, 03:44:03 pm »
But our 'second-line' players are increasingly going to be our older players. Conveyor belt talent -- the players in their prime supplemented by the previous iterations and the younger replacements. The culture of the group that Klopp was eulogising yesterday is going to be best preserved by that kind of system. Plus we know it takes a while to learn his methods and we are therefore going to prefer to nurture our own talent rather than invest in the market, unless that player is good enough to stay for five or more years. 

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34592 on: July 27, 2022, 06:55:22 pm »
Saucey-sauce, MacR. (Welcome back.)

Good to be back, mate. My mother has passed away few weeks ago, so I took some time off everything ...

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34593 on: July 27, 2022, 07:22:31 pm »
Good to be back, mate. My mother has passed away few weeks ago, so I took some time off everything ...
Sorry to hear that Peter.
Hope you’re coping as well as can be.
Nice to see you back.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34594 on: July 27, 2022, 07:51:41 pm »
Sorry to hear that Mac.

Hope you're well.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #34595 on: July 27, 2022, 07:55:28 pm »

My sincere condolences, Mac.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34596 on: July 27, 2022, 07:58:46 pm »

Sorry to hear that mate. Condolences to you and your family.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34597 on: July 27, 2022, 08:03:49 pm »

Very sorry to hear, Peter. Hope you're doing ok, and that you've had an opportunity to be with family and celebrate her life.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34598 on: July 27, 2022, 08:21:14 pm »
Sad news, mate. Condolences to you and to your family.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34599 on: July 27, 2022, 08:58:06 pm »
My sincere condolences Peter.