32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 654648 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #12680 on: May 7, 2024, 01:31:58 pm »
Don't rate Wilson but fair play to him.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12681 on: May 7, 2024, 02:25:01 pm »
Properly enjoyed that final.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12682 on: May 8, 2024, 03:58:43 pm »
I saw Ricky Walden today in Chester. Pity he had that back injury in 16/17 as he was established in the top 16 before that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #12683 on: May 8, 2024, 11:53:16 pm »
Looking for hotels round The Crucible, have looked on Trivago etc & they already seem silly prices, even 11+ months before the 2025 Championship. I guess the hotel chains have a captive audience for those 2wks.

Suppose can travel in each day, but don't know that area of Yorkshire that well.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12684 on: May 9, 2024, 08:20:16 am »
Looking for hotels round The Crucible, have looked on Trivago etc & they already seem silly prices, even 11+ months before the 2025 Championship. I guess the hotel chains have a captive audience for those 2wks.

Suppose can travel in each day, but don't know that area of Yorkshire that well.
https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/south-yorkshire/sheffield/sheffield-city-centre-angel-street.html

I stayed here, wasnt too expensive at all and its about a 2-3 min walk to the crucible tops
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12685 on: May 9, 2024, 08:32:19 am »

Try easyHotel Sheffield City Centre. This is where I stayed. It was very cheap. It is basic but clean and less than a mile from the Crucible Theatre.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline grrth1314

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12686 on: May 9, 2024, 09:53:20 pm »

hi dan, i live in sheffield so im happy to give you any advice if its helpful

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #12687 on: May 10, 2024, 03:01:20 pm »

Last time i went, I bought something off ebay in Sheffield, told them I was picking it up, drove over there, sat outside a restaurant next to the Crucible, and watched the game on the giant screen whilst eating steak and chips.
Also, if it hasn't been said, the Wrap podcast on Snooker was a decent listen. I am not sure we have to berate Ronnie's lovely playing to stick up for someone else getting some spotlight though. He is box office for a reason, just a bit cringe when interviewed sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 03:09:08 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12688 on: May 19, 2024, 03:20:15 pm »
Here’s a name from the past - Dean O’Kane.

Unfortunately recently passed away, aged 61. New Zealand’s greatest ever player.

https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/new-zealand-s-greatest-snooker-player-dene-o-kane-dies-aged-61-as-neal-foulds-pays-tribute-to-one-of_sto10145773/story.shtml
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4