Author Topic: CL FINAL Real Madrid 3 v L’pool 1  (Read 236718 times)

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL FINAL Real Madrid 3 v L’pool 1
« Reply #2960 on: May 27, 2018, 10:21:52 pm »
Still stings, Athens hurt but we had Istanbul 2 seasons before so you could get over it a bit.

This coupled with the Europa run and 2013/2014 has proper done me in, felt like we really needed this.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2961 on: May 27, 2018, 10:22:20 pm »
Gerrard was a c*nt. He was our c*nt though.

We had our own lazarus for a while, no one moaned back then.

Suarez wasn’t a thug, he just cheated a bit. And more to the point, he barely got away with anything anyway!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2962 on: May 27, 2018, 10:22:52 pm »
Feels bad now, this. Reached that stage. Grim.

It's shit because there's no meaningful games until August to get it out of our system. After a League Cup final there's a league game 3 days after.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2963 on: May 27, 2018, 10:23:50 pm »
I just checked his real Instagram, not a word about Liverpool or our supporters. As i said, he probably cares about his national team, but personally I'm not too arsed if he's going to play in that tournament or not, I'm only interested if he's going to be fit when the season starts.

He's been here 12 months and scored 40 goals. He's been an Egyptian since birth. 1st World Cup in living memory for them. Heaven forbid, bit it's probably a bigger deal for him. Mostcountries haven't alienated their fanbase as much as England have.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2964 on: May 27, 2018, 10:27:59 pm »
Speaking of enforcers, I remember Stevie at Old Trafford in 13/14 against Fellaini.  Rose up and just clattered into him and won the header and left Fellaini in a heap.  It was a "this is our day, fuck off Fellaini" type of challenge.  It wasn't some malicious challenge either, just sending a message.  Fellaini tends to actually play relatively well against us, but he wasn't doing anything that match!

If someone had done that to Ramos yesterday what Stevie did to Fellaini, it would've been satisfying, but unfortunately, we know Ramos would've just gone down clutching his face and rolled around for ages while Real surrounded the referee demanding a red card, fair challenge or not.  As Father Ted said, Mane barely brushed him, and he went into full theatrics mode.  If someone did actually clatter him, we probably would've been down to 10.

Lovren actually left Ramos in a heap in assisting our goal. It was the highlight of the game for me. Just wish he could have dislocated his shoulder at the same time.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2965 on: May 27, 2018, 10:30:49 pm »
Few of my non Liverpool supporting mates, while sympathetic are banging on about having to give it to Ramos for being so good at shithousery, so we should praise him for being a filthy cheating prick?

its a popular trait with supporters, been a few Liverpool ones saying we'd love it if he played for Liverpool, or a player like him. I guess that's the state of football these days (especially in European competition and a couple certain leagues), that it's seen as something to aim for, having a player like this. If the game was officiated properly, and retrospective action was taken seriously, it wouldn't be thus. But the sport is too far gone to ever change for the better with regards to cowards like Ramos.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: May 27, 2018, 10:32:29 pm »
Just wanted to repost this form before the match.

It’s the first ‘proper’ post of this thread.

It’s even more prescient now than it was before the match.

You came out quite well in that anecdote.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2967 on: May 27, 2018, 10:32:43 pm »

Yes, it was magnificent.

Fucking love that man.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2968 on: May 27, 2018, 10:33:49 pm »
You came out quite well in that anecdote.
It’s Martin Luther King of truth be told!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2969 on: May 27, 2018, 10:36:01 pm »
one of my Manc mates was livid with Ramos after his challenge on Salah, all you need to know, anyone praising Ramos on here needs their head checked

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2970 on: May 27, 2018, 10:37:44 pm »
The singer (the drunk guy in the liverpool shirt) is a boyhood liverpool supporter. He wears a liverpool shirt for the last couple songs of a concert and they always perform YNWA as the last song.

I always loved that they (Die Toten Hosen) sponsored Fortuna Düsseldorf's shirts when they where down on their luck in the regionaliga :D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: May 27, 2018, 10:39:30 pm »
You know whats ragging me still, the whole  build up to the game I was sure if we stopped Ronaldo, we would win. He did f**k all, our defense was brilliant in that respect. Hard to shale off the feeling of deflation isn't it. the hype, excitement, anticipation, then to lose in the manner we did. Dreadful day today.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2972 on: May 27, 2018, 10:41:41 pm »
You know whats ragging me still, the whole  build up to the game I was sure if we stopped Ronaldo, we would win. He did f**k all, our defense was brilliant in that respect. Hard to shale off the feeling of deflation isn't it. the hype, excitement, anticipation, then to lose in the manner we did. Dreadful day today.

The defending was rock solid as it can get against such opposition. Didn't deserve to concede 3

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2973 on: May 27, 2018, 10:41:54 pm »

I feared Bale more.

Was over the moon when he didn't start

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2974 on: May 27, 2018, 10:43:16 pm »
It’s Martin Luther King of truth be told!

:D

But you see you mentioning the king reminds me of the Egyptian king which reminds me of Mo, which reminds me what happened last night. This is going to be like shaking the memory of an ex, everything is going to remind me of the pain for weeks. Can’t wait for August and dying to draw Madrid.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2975 on: May 27, 2018, 10:53:55 pm »
The defending was rock solid as it can get against such opposition. Didn't deserve to concede 3

Yeah, I thought Lovren in particular was fantastic. I was worried how he'd perform to be honest but he was excellent. I've never been so confident in a defender as I am with Van Dijk, you just expect him to be immense.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: May 27, 2018, 10:57:14 pm »
I feared Bale more.

Was over the moon when he didn't start

So was I.  Very surprised too. Just our luck he hit top form the last few weeks wasn't it. 
If only Mane's one that hit the post had of snuck in it could of been so different. Painful, We have to ensure now though we consistently run deep in this competition so we can rub this one out

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL FINAL Real Madrid v L’pool
« Reply #2977 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:57 pm »
Win or lose tonight, we should all remember this..

If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t walk run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.

We will keep moving....

Here here.

And I am very confident that we will do so. Let's hope that our manager and players see things like this to keep their spirits up.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #2978 on: May 27, 2018, 11:11:19 pm »
The worst part of this bit is that Ramos will not just be feted by local Madristas who just want to see their team win but also by tens of millions of bellends around the world who will worship his win at all costs, if your not cheating your not trying mentality, where ever he goes.

He won't feel a lick of heat for any of it and will bask in the glow of adulation and respect as a winner for the rest of his life. Just the awful way people are.
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread, but don't forget that this is the guy who was sitting in the stands, suspended, earlier in the competition v Juventus, until they were in danger of going out. He was immediately in the dugout, trying to influence things from there, even though he wasn't allowed to be anywhere near there!
I can remember the possibility of him being further suspended for this, but can find NO FURTHER DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER on the issue. Was it not even considered? Is this guy allowed to do what he wants?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2979 on: May 27, 2018, 11:12:16 pm »
this is a hard one to take. no way to lose a final but just have to move on and focus on the positives. we are back in the big time. something that looked a million miles away not too long ago. we have fantastic manager and play such entertaining football. next season we can be stronger and as someone said we need to keep going deep into this competition.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #2980 on: May 27, 2018, 11:20:22 pm »
The game was so fucking weird. I think we were locked to score a goal with Salah, Madrid are just having all the luck in existence in these last 4 years

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: May 27, 2018, 11:22:42 pm »
Madrid are just having all the luck in existence in these last 4 years

Hopefully it runs out very soon!

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: May 27, 2018, 11:31:09 pm »
Over 24 hours to digest this, obviously gutted but proud of the team
This season.

Some points which are pretty obvious.
1.  Upto Salah injury we were in it
2. Ramos is a twat but damn wish we had one like him
3.  Karius had a mare, not sure if he will come back from this
4. We are a few players short of having a
Really good side
5. We were not good enough in the middle    Kroos and Modric were that
Much better

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2983 on: May 27, 2018, 11:41:36 pm »
This season.

Really good side
Much better
NOT A CHANCE. Still feeling a bit rocky but no way would i want a dirty, shitty too handsome looking shitty player playing for us. We're better than that

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2984 on: May 27, 2018, 11:45:05 pm »
To be fair none of this is news. Before the game people said that Real Madrid are classless cheating arseholes. And they were classless cheating arseholes.

People said the referee would give them everything and apart from the disallowed goal, he gave them everything.

Some things never change. It's not like Real Madrid don't play like this in every single game.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2985 on: May 27, 2018, 11:49:30 pm »
Lovren actually left Ramos in a heap in assisting our goal. It was the highlight of the game for me. Just wish he could have dislocated his shoulder at the same time.

And even then Ramos flung himself like he'd been shot

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #2986 on: May 27, 2018, 11:51:00 pm »
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread, but don't forget that this is the guy who was sitting in the stands, suspended, earlier in the competition v Juventus, until they were in danger of going out. He was immediately in the dugout, trying to influence things from there, even though he wasn't allowed to be anywhere near there!
I can remember the possibility of him being further suspended for this, but can find NO FURTHER DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER on the issue. Was it not even considered? Is this guy allowed to do what he wants?

He plays for Madrid, so yes, he is.

RM and Barca bring in so much money for UEFA there's no way in hell anybody touches them for anything.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: May 27, 2018, 11:52:01 pm »
I’m still bitterly upset. I cannot believe the freakish way we miss out now when we lose. It’s like we are cursed.

Just caught up on some rAmos v messi videos and the guy is an absolute rat. Can’t deal with players on a footballing level so has to be a hatchet man. I was naive but never saw that coming

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2988 on: May 27, 2018, 11:56:00 pm »
It's shit because there's no meaningful games until August to get it out of our system. After a League Cup final there's a league game 3 days after.

Yes no meaningful games but we will have the transfer window and some of the pre season friendlies are a bit tasty.

Offline biscuitme

• cakeyou
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2989 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57:07 pm »
This season.

Really good side
Much better

Why in the world would you say you want a Ramps in our team after what he did to our best player?

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2990 on: May 28, 2018, 12:05:26 am »
Why in the world would you say you want a Ramps in our team after what he did to our best player?

I said one like him.     A dirty, snidey fucker

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2991 on: May 28, 2018, 12:07:45 am »
We needed to stand up to Ramos.

Only Mane did that.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: May 28, 2018, 12:08:33 am »
Modric gave an interview after the match and admitted that they were dominated up until Salah went off, we were the better side up until then no doubt about it.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #2993 on: May 28, 2018, 12:18:40 am »

Yes, it was magnificent.

Is that Sterling in that clip...😁
Northern Ireland Red!

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: May 28, 2018, 12:28:52 am »
Modric gave an interview after the match and admitted that they were dominated up until Salah went off, we were the better side up until then no doubt about it.

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #2995 on: May 28, 2018, 12:37:06 am »
I said one like him.     A dirty, snidey fucker

Agreed, it’s a trait that most of the top defenders of past and present have.

I think we’ll face them again next year, hopefully someone lands one on him.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2996 on: May 28, 2018, 12:46:00 am »
I can't wait until another weeks time, when all of this has blown over. You feel alright then you see something that reminds you of it all. Saw the pic of Oxlade-Chamberlain in tears, gutting.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2997 on: May 28, 2018, 12:47:55 am »
Agreed, it’s a trait that most of the top defenders of past and present have.

I think we’ll face them again next year, hopefully someone lands one on him.

Just stick up for ourselves
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2998 on: May 28, 2018, 12:54:10 am »
I can't wait until another weeks time, when all of this has blown over. You feel alright then you see something that reminds you of it all. Saw the pic of Oxlade-Chamberlain in tears, gutting.

Saw that too and really upset me. Don't like seeing any of our guys crying and the changing room after the game must have been abysmal.

With Athens, I just never watched it again. Here, with twitter, youtube and everything else it's still hard to avoid.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: May 28, 2018, 12:54:24 am »

I am sorry dd anyone mention Modric giving an interview in Croatian and actually admitting what we knew and saw on the pitch? Don't you think it's telling that a player of his caliber openly admits that?