Author Topic: 'Ghostbusters' (Assume Spoilers)  (Read 44341 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Ghostbusters.
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2015, 02:55:28 pm »
Which one's the hot one? :o :o :o
The third one, I think.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2015, 03:15:05 pm »
Was that when he climbed up the building to direct air traffic, before scampering off to do a bit of charity work with Jessica Lange? :D
Here he is doing some charity work ;D

The third one, I think.
Fucking generous that mind! ::)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2015, 03:16:07 pm »
Reboot franchise then kill it. Smart.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2015, 03:18:36 pm »
So, they want to 'MCU' Ghostbusters. There will be a male cast film directed by the Russo brothers, and then an Avengers style team-up between the two teams. And then a prequel.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ghostbusters-May-Building-An-Expanded-Universe-Get-Details-70218.html

What incredible bullshit this will be. Let's sum it up: 12 olds won't be interested, 38 year olds won't be interested and will feel their childhood memories are being molested AGAIN.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »
:lmao What a clusterfuck.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2015, 03:47:29 pm »
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2015, 04:41:06 pm »
A Channing Tatum (in 21 Jump Street mode) Ghostbusters helmed by the Russos actually interests me but it all just sounds so reactionary and cringeworthy.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2015, 04:42:49 pm »
I don't know what is happening any more....

So they leaked a possible direction - It got panned, now they've released another?

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2015, 04:46:39 pm »
I don't know what is happening any more....

So they leaked a possible direction - It got panned, now they've released another?

No, it's going to a multi-film universe.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2015, 09:15:16 pm »
It's the talent that's the problem. The names being bandied about are a complete piss take. I think Sam Rockwell would be a good shout for at least one of the characters. Maybe even Sacha Baron Cohen as Egon or something.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2015, 11:10:57 pm »
Wouldn't call them even if I was getting the willies put up me each night by Jimmy Saville's ghost.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2015, 12:12:43 am »
Oh.  Fuck.  That.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2015, 12:23:07 am »
Wouldn't call them even if I was getting the willies put up me each night by Jimmy Saville's ghost.
wha ha ha ha ha ha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2015, 01:04:48 am »

I'm gonna put a flag up early on this one and say it'll continue on with the remake/rebooting savagery of all our favourit 80's films. Such recent hits like Robocop's My Da and Terminator's my Granda! Can't wait.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2015, 01:23:40 am »
The new Ecto-1 looks shit.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2015, 01:27:53 am »

Absolutely shameless.

I like to think if i was a good actor or director in Hollywood id have enough artistic integrity to avoid shite like that
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2015, 01:49:18 am »
To be fair, I'm amazed it's not something modern and terrible like a Dodge Camaro or some shit like that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2015, 08:38:07 am »
 :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2015, 08:48:33 am »
The chemistry of the lead characters will be key....

But there's no reason the remake this film...no reason
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2015, 08:50:29 am »

The new cast looks shit.

The new director looks shit.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2015, 09:35:50 am »
Haha, what a steaming turd.
Football is a lie

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2015, 09:36:44 am »
Is Melissa McCarthy Paul Feig's muse or something? One saving grace is that Mindy Kaling didn't make the cut, thankfully.

They could actually make a better lead lineup out of the supporting cast of the film in Chris Hemsworth, Andy Garcia and Omar Little.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2015, 11:00:57 am »
It will be interesting how they fold in the backstory, but I'd be willing to bet that Dan Aykroyd will have some part to play in that - said it in an earlier post, they'll more than likely go use a framework of Bridesmaid-like proportions. I find it ironic that they've released a picture of the cast posing in front of Ecto-1. A film that will be a McCarthy/Wiig vehicle - much like Stiller/Wilson, even Murray/Aykroyd back in the day.

I've always felt that the only way a truly good Ghostbusters 're-boot' would either be a CGI Disneyfied carbon-copy like Yellow Submarine, or a TV Sci-Fi (But not Syfy) series.

This will be in Poundstretcher on the DVD shelf in three years time, and if it isn't, justice ain't justice. 
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2015, 04:56:53 pm »
This will be in Poundstretcher on the DVD shelf in three years time, and if it isn't, justice ain't justice.

Trust me, it will make Terminator Genisys look like a cinematic masterpiece.  People will be wishing Michael Bey had directed it.  On the plus side, it may finally kill off the reboot crazy as it finally dawns on the Hollywood morons that they just don't have the wits or imagination to remake films of this quality and they would probably make more money by just re-releasing the original back on cinemas. 

Seriously, I'd watch Ghostbusters again on the big screen, as long as they don't try and fuck it over with 3D or new CGI effects.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2015, 07:05:49 pm »
The original Ghostbusters could benefit massively from modern CGI, actually. The effects in the original have not aged well at all, especially the stop motion technique used on the Hellhounds and the rotoscoped proton beam effects. It looks like something from post 40's B-movies.

Just out of interest, why is McCarthy wearing something that Pennywise the Clown would wear, instead of a boiler suit that actually fits her?

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2015, 07:14:42 pm »
haha state of them and the car.
this will be massive load of shite.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2015, 08:16:15 pm »
The original Ghostbusters could benefit massively from modern CGI, actually. The effects in the original have not aged well at all, especially the stop motion technique used on the Hellhounds and the rotoscoped proton beam effects. It looks like something from post 40's B-movies.

Just out of interest, why is McCarthy wearing something that Pennywise the Clown would wear, instead of a boiler suit that actually fits her?

I can envisage a dance and a song in this film for some reason - maybe near the end...

Either way, McCarthy should slip on a bit of shit on set and break her arse. Wiig should follow.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »
I can envisage a dance and a song in this film for some reason - maybe near the end...

Either way, McCarthy should slip on a bit of shit on set and break her arse. Wiig should follow.
I'm just wondering how many references to the original, and modern day pop culture ones, they are going to throw in there. No doubt, that's what the meat of the comedy will hang on. Queue ghosts posting on Facebook, and posting selfies via their ghosty iphones. Who ya gonna Tweet...?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:46:00 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »

Totally agree about McCarthy but surely you dont hate Kristen Wiig?

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2015, 06:11:17 am »
Pointless and cheap looking.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2015, 09:51:10 pm »
Been thinking more and more about how dissatisfied I am with this.  Then I realised if you were going to remake a film that doesn't need to be remade, what a horrible lost opportunity it is.  Imagine a female ghostbusters line up with these:

Could throw in Emily whilst you're at it:

Hell, you could have done a better job with Garfunkel and Oats:

But nooo... rather than get some genuinely funny women who have pre-existing chemistry we have to face this nightmare.  It's not like these gals I'm suggesting would likely be any more expensive to hire.   :-\

Popcorn's Art

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2015, 06:02:11 pm »
Been thinking more and more about how dissatisfied I am with this.  Then I realised if you were going to remake a film that doesn't need to be remade, what a horrible lost opportunity it is.  Imagine a female ghostbusters line up with these:

But nooo... rather than get some genuinely funny women who have pre-existing chemistry we have to face this nightmare.  It's not like these gals I'm suggesting would likely be any more expensive to hire.   :-\

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2015, 06:15:55 pm »

Oh come on.  They're not that bad.  At least tell me they'd be worse than the ones they have cast.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2015, 08:19:21 pm »
I don't want to see this on the cast and director. In the limited amount Ive seen of their work, it's not my cuppa. Now make it with Tina Fey, Jane Krakowski, amy Poehler and Wanda Sykes ( if you HAVE to have all female/same racial demographic, which I don't think you do) and I'm there opening night.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #114 on: August 1, 2015, 03:30:13 am »
haha state of them and the car.
this will be massive load of shite.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z5CJ3-vsjcw?rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z5CJ3-vsjcw?rel=0</a>
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2015, 12:34:26 am »
As if this didn't sound shit enough...

Spoiler
Bill Murray's making a cameo...but surely that's a good thing I hear you say...erm...yeah...it's a cameo as a different character than Venkman.
[close]

Words fail me.
AHA!

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2015, 09:33:31 am »

Spoiler
Bill Murray's making a cameo...but surely that's a good thing I hear you say...erm...yeah...it's a cameo as a different character than Venkman.
[close]

Words fail me.

They've threw a lot of money at him for that I reckon.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2015, 12:03:27 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Words fail me.

Spoiler
It's a reboot, isn't it? In this film, Venkman and the rest of the team don't exist.
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2015, 02:14:02 pm »
Aykroyd is already playing a cabbie.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2015, 06:44:54 am »
This will be in the Asda DVD basket with the (now filming) Kindergarten Cop 2 with Dolph Lungren.

Hollywood is melting.