Author Topic: Lionel Messi  (Read 923359 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lionel Messi
« Reply #10840 on: June 8, 2023, 01:48:54 pm »
Spurs would have smashed them in the final

spurs would have spursed the final. be real.

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #10841 on: June 8, 2023, 03:05:21 pm »
Saudis were offering him close to a BILLION Dollars over 3 years mate.  ;D

He'll already have in his various bank accounts ten times more than what he could realistically spend in his life time, why would he need the Saudi money.
Theres only so many toys of the modern footballer (Bentley's and Ferrari's) and luxury houses you would want.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #10842 on: June 8, 2023, 03:23:32 pm »
He'll already have in his various bank accounts ten times more than what he could realistically spend in his life time, why would he need the Saudi money.
Theres only so many toys of the modern footballer (Bentley's and Ferrari's) and luxury houses you would want.

It is getting to the point where Saudi's are giving footballers so much money that the footballers themselves can buy football clubs of their own. It's all a bit gross really.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10843 on: June 8, 2023, 07:05:22 pm »

'Messi beats Ronaldo to GOAT status after data analysis, says Liverpool FC’s research director':-

Models analysing a player’s broader contribution to team success show the clear winner, says Ian Graham

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/08/messi-beats-ronaldo-to-goat-status-on-data-analysis-says-liverpool-fc-research-director

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10844 on: June 8, 2023, 07:10:56 pm »

Barcelona giving it the 'he didn't choose us because we're just too good / a high profile' excuse on Messi choosing Miami over them... (not at all 'saving face' / not enough 'levers')...

'FC Barcelona wishes Lionel Messi the best of luck in his new professional phase':-

www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/3532021/fc-barcelona-wishes-lionel-messi-the-best-of-luck-in-his-new-professional-phase

'On Monday, June 5, Jorge Messi, the player’s father and representative, informed Club President Joan Laporta of the player's decision to join Inter Miami, despite having been presented with a proposal from Barça, in consideration of the desire of both FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi for him to once again wear blaugrana.

President Laporta understood and respected Messi's decision to want to compete in a league with fewer demands, further away from the spotlight and the pressure he has been subject to in recent years.'
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10845 on: June 8, 2023, 11:39:00 pm »
Barcelona are such an arrogant club nowadays.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10846 on: June 9, 2023, 12:40:47 am »
Barcelona are such an arrogant club nowadays.

Nowadays?

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10847 on: June 9, 2023, 10:12:13 am »

Are you feeling alrite?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #10848 on: June 9, 2023, 10:31:02 am »
I'm glad he's not gone to Saudi at least. But still, I always find it a shame when players this talented, and with enough money to live rich lifestyles the rest of their lives, choose to go to no-mark clubs like this for more money rather than joining a proper club for the love of football.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #10849 on: June 9, 2023, 11:10:21 am »
President Laporta understood and respected Messi's decision to want to compete in a league with fewer demands, further away from the spotlight and the pressure he has been subject to in recent years.'
This is such an amazing thing for them to write. “If I kick over that kid’s sandcastle, that will make me look even more of a tough guy!”

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #10850 on: June 10, 2023, 12:08:22 am »

A barely believable comment to make at any time for the last 60 years
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10851 on: June 10, 2023, 04:28:08 pm »
I wonder if he'll be watching his new team mates play on the plastic pitch at Foxboro today in front of 20,000 folks?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10852 on: June 10, 2023, 04:34:11 pm »
I wonder if he'll be watching his new team mates play on the plastic pitch at Foxboro today in front of 20,000 folks?

I wonder if he even knew that he'd have to play on a plastic pitch.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10853 on: June 10, 2023, 04:45:11 pm »
He played there for Argentina in 2016 but they had grass down for that.won't be the case if he plays at Foxboro later this season/next dunno how many other mls stadiums have plastic more than a few i reckon.Gonna bump the MLS thread now for the Leo Miami fans!!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10854 on: June 10, 2023, 06:22:54 pm »

It will be full next season or whenever he joins.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10855 on: June 11, 2023, 12:25:38 am »
For sure.I think The Revs/Foxborough has a soccer capacity of 30,000 but the stadium can hold 65,000.I wonder if they would or could open up the whole stadium for the Messians,is that a word for messi fans?!

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10856 on: June 15, 2023, 03:17:09 pm »
Scored a banger against Aus and was generally excellent. He really is still the best around -  shame that he's not affordable for most teams with a good manager.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10857 on: June 15, 2023, 03:49:29 pm »
Scored a banger against Aus and was generally excellent. He really is still the best around -  shame that he's not affordable for most teams with a good manager.

I really want to know how many goals he'd have scored if he stayed at Barca these last two seasons. Would have been more than he did at PSG for sure, surprised he scored so little there. Highly doubt he was that arsed about Ligue 1 tbf. Even until his very end at Barca he scored so many goals.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10858 on: June 15, 2023, 09:10:38 pm »
I really want to know how many goals he'd have scored if he stayed at Barca these last two seasons. Would have been more than he did at PSG for sure, surprised he scored so little there. Highly doubt he was that arsed about Ligue 1 tbf. Even until his very end at Barca he scored so many goals.
You would think that club was the only club that captured his heart for most of his career until it went a bit tits up.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10859 on: June 15, 2023, 09:50:10 pm »
We can always thank him for this.   ;)

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10860 on: June 21, 2023, 12:22:58 am »

'Lionel Messi ● All 800 Goals in Career ● With Commentaries' - 105 minute video, as of 24th March 2023 (he's scored again a few times since)...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IscGtF_A14A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IscGtF_A14A</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/IscGtF_A14A

Lionel Messi's and Cristiano Ronaldo's G/A stats against the Premier League's 'so called Big 6' teams (Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City & Tottenham)...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:24:30 pm by oojason »

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10861 on: July 26, 2023, 09:27:23 am »
Did anyone use to play Championship Manager back in the day when it came with the data editor and you could start off at a Telford United, for example, and give yourself Brazilian Ronaldo or Christian Vieri? Well, watch the highlights of the two games Messi's played for Miami so far for the closest real-life version of that.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10862 on: October 17, 2023, 08:45:16 am »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10863 on: December 31, 2023, 07:32:35 pm »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10864 on: December 31, 2023, 09:26:51 pm »

Unless someone tragically dies, I can’t be arsed with that gesture. Let the next generation earn the shirt just as Messi earned it from Ortega, who took it after Maradona.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10865 on: December 31, 2023, 09:33:39 pm »
Unless someone tragically dies, I can’t be arsed with that gesture. Let the next generation earn the shirt just as Messi earned it from Ortega, who took it after Maradona.

Yup. No more great Argentinian in the number 10 shirt, yeah, it's a tribute, but a misguided one, would be criminal infact. Doubt it will go down well over there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 09:35:12 pm by red1977 »

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10866 on: December 31, 2023, 11:10:10 pm »
How would that even work in tournaments? You can only use numbers 1-26 so are they going to give up a squad space. Seems like nonsense.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10867 on: December 31, 2023, 11:28:56 pm »
Not any more sillier than Birmingham retiring their number 22 after Jude Bellingham

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #10868 on: January 1, 2024, 01:41:33 am »
Not any more sillier than Birmingham retiring their number 22 after Jude Bellingham
Look, he deserves it, but I've been watching Leo since 2006, and have paid to watch him twice. Give him that retired shirt by 2011 if that's what his nation believes. Any time after that is a cop out!
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10869 on: January 1, 2024, 01:46:04 am »
Exactly.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #10870 on: January 1, 2024, 12:05:16 pm »
Yup. No more great Argentinian in the number 10 shirt, yeah, it's a tribute, but a misguided one, would be criminal infact. Doubt it will go down well over there.

It's the football equivalent of populist politics, so it'll probably go down very well.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10871 on: January 2, 2024, 12:54:43 am »
It's the football equivalent of populist politics, so it'll probably go down very well.

I dunno still a lot of Argies who think Maradonna was a better player so may not like this

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10872 on: January 2, 2024, 12:58:07 am »

FIFA wont allow this is my guess. Im pretty sure they stopped it before with allowed squad numbers

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10873 on: January 2, 2024, 12:22:14 pm »
FIFA wont allow this is my guess. Im pretty sure they stopped it before with allowed squad numbers

They stopped Argentina doing it with Maradona’s shirt. Which, if anything, illustrates exactly why you don’t retire it - who is to say a better Argentinian player won’t wear it in future. I’m sure those who wanted it retired to honour maradona never envisaged Messi.