Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1351349 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25280 on: April 21, 2024, 03:42:54 pm »
Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept. 

We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times.

NFFC will now consider its options.

That’s from… the official Forest twitter account
https://x.com/nffc/status/1782056187652960764?s=46&t=jCPbk4G147VnXk0LjMfysg

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25281 on: April 21, 2024, 03:52:32 pm »
Will Forest ever have a day off? Cryarses.

Clattenburg dishing the dirt on his colleagues by telling the club what team they all support.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25282 on: April 21, 2024, 03:57:42 pm »

Clattenburg dishing the dirt on his colleagues by telling the club what team they all support.

It's already widely known who all the referees support.

Why shouldn't they question this? It's a joke that they didn't get penalties today.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25283 on: April 21, 2024, 03:58:03 pm »

Funny though. I imagine he knows who Atwell supports, so I can’t see that being a false claim. Doubt anything will happen but the more can of worms it opens up, the better.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25284 on: April 21, 2024, 04:00:44 pm »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25285 on: April 21, 2024, 04:01:36 pm »
Go on Forest. Get stuck right in because it’s a total balls up from top to bottom. It will never ever change if clubs accept it for how it is. It’s not good enough. They’ll probably get slaughtered now from all angles but at least they had the balls to stand up for themselves

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25286 on: April 21, 2024, 04:02:17 pm »
Go on Forest. Get stuck right in because it’s a total balls up from top to bottom. It will never ever change if clubs accept it for how it is. It’s not good enough. They’ll probably get slaughtered now from all angles but at least they had the balls to stand up for themselves

The PGMOL will already be onto their friends in the media to ensure the narrative goes against Forest.

And the thing is it's not even that Attwell has 100% intentionally done them over, but unconscious bias is real. When someone is involved with an obvious stake in what happens then it's going to come into play.

It's one reason why we need foreign officials. You can't grow up in football in this country and not grow a liking or disliking to certain teams - even if you support a National League club. That's always going to influence things from time to time.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 04:05:37 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25287 on: April 21, 2024, 04:06:18 pm »
The PGMOL will already be onto their friends in the media to ensure the narrative goes against Forest.

Spot on. That’s what I mean by all angles. They’ll get called whingers, moaners, it all evens itself out bla bla.bla. Other clubs should back them up now too. Someone should put a statement about refs and their freelancing. Chelsea had the perfect opportunity. Whats the alternative? They’ll only get worse

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25288 on: April 21, 2024, 04:07:05 pm »
It’s proper pathetic but brilliant as it’s a can of worms being ripped open. Clattenberg will know all the dirty little secrets.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25289 on: April 21, 2024, 04:09:50 pm »
It's also something people need to be aware of with Michael Oliver as Newcastle get better and better. They aren't going to take him off the big games, but those big games are going to start to have an impact on the team he supports more and more.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25290 on: April 21, 2024, 04:18:10 pm »

They're supposed to declare who they support, so they can be taken off certain games.

Good on Forest for having the nerve to speak out.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #25291 on: April 21, 2024, 04:19:29 pm »
We will never get consistency and good decision making from referees in this league until they have a genuine fear of some kind of demotion. Being sent to ref in the EFL for a weekend isn’t good enough. Bring foreign referees in, or make them do interviews immediately after the match. They’re comfortable knowing they have no one to answer to but themselves and if they mess up they won’t really be punished.
Justice for the 97

Online DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #25292 on: April 21, 2024, 04:22:16 pm »
Fair fucks to forest.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25293 on: April 21, 2024, 04:22:55 pm »
I wish they could get former referees like Keith Hackett involved in someway. He's been an all round critic of Howard Webb for years, surely they can turn to someone better than Howard Webb to run the PGMOL. They need to widen the number of referees and choose from more places. When you have so many coming from one part of the country you are always going to have suspicions inside the game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25294 on: April 21, 2024, 04:23:46 pm »

More of a grievance today than over that dropped ball bollocks.

They need foreign refs in. There's always going to be conflicts of interest as English officials will always support an English team.

Fair play Forest for standing up for themselves on this issue. We just take it when we get Mancs every week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25295 on: April 21, 2024, 04:24:46 pm »
Should get some backing from everyone but especially Wolves

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25296 on: April 21, 2024, 04:28:10 pm »
Should get some backing from everyone but especially Wolves

Feels like certain clubs this season are getting screwed over a lot more than others this season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25297 on: April 21, 2024, 04:30:39 pm »
They're right to call the VAR out (and ffs get rid of the bloody thing) but Taylor can't just hide behind that. How has has he not given any of them?  If there's no VAR then the onus is all on him.

Refs won't make decisions because there's VAR and VAR often won't overrule the ref. VAR for example wouldn't overturn any if Taylor had given all 3. It's a complete clusterfuck.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25298 on: April 21, 2024, 04:31:49 pm »
Looks like the refs have reached out to sky to have a go at Forest, same shit we got v Spurs after Neville was absolutely incensed at first then suddenly had a total tune change

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25299 on: April 21, 2024, 04:31:58 pm »
Neville straight in on sky saying its a ridiculous statement from forest and let them down...

Pgmol straight on to sky there

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25300 on: April 21, 2024, 04:32:16 pm »
Gary Neville having a go at Forest...wonder if he'd say the same if United were involved in any meaningful games and got screwed over. Been a while since their league matches mattered though.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #25301 on: April 21, 2024, 04:35:17 pm »
Looking a pretty good move to get Clattenburg in, if he makes a statement it gives them more credibility.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25302 on: April 21, 2024, 04:36:36 pm »

No, it's all good. The messiah of football, the rat of all things good, Gary Neville has just said Forrest are wrong and to suggest any conflict of interest is to stain the history of that football club.

Tells you all you need to know, who it's come from and where.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25303 on: April 21, 2024, 04:37:09 pm »
I wonder what Forest's 'options' are here. Given how reactionary everything associated with this league is,  I wouldn't be surprised if in the summer there is a promise of a slight overhaul of the selection process, which will probably be forgotten four weeks-in.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25304 on: April 21, 2024, 04:38:44 pm »
They're right to call the VAR out (and ffs get rid of the bloody thing) but Taylor can't just hide behind that. How has has he not given any of them?  If there's no VAR then the onus is all on him.

Refs won't make decisions because there's VAR and VAR often won't overrule the ref. VAR for example wouldn't overturn any if Taylor had given all 3. It's a complete clusterfuck.

There is nothing wrong with the principal of VAR and it could be amazing, the problem is the men controlling it have favourite teams

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #25305 on: April 21, 2024, 04:41:48 pm »
There is nothing wrong with the principal of VAR and it could be amazing, the problem is the men controlling it have favourite teams

But surely that would have been a problem for over a hundred years with referees and linesmen?

A lot more than that wrong with VAR in my opinion. Used way too much, should be clear and obvious errors only. A lot could be fixed by simply changing the offside rule to favour the attacker.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25307 on: April 21, 2024, 04:46:38 pm »

Exactly.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25308 on: April 21, 2024, 04:49:52 pm »
the 3 penalty claims, they have a point

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/16426/13120190/were-forest-denied-two-penalties-ashley-young-is-very-lucky

They have more than a point, two of those (1st and 3rd) are pretty stone wall IMO.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25309 on: April 21, 2024, 04:58:10 pm »
The first decision is absurd, the attacker gets kicked and gets kicked hard enough and in an awkward enough spot to send him down painfully.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25310 on: April 21, 2024, 05:21:58 pm »
I see media is already attacking Forest. So predictable.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25311 on: April 21, 2024, 06:19:56 pm »
VAR has killed this sport.. well done Infantino..

The joy of a big goal was one thing the money men couldn't ruin. Now they have.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #25312 on: April 21, 2024, 06:25:32 pm »
The sort of moment that makes people fall out of love with football.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25313 on: April 21, 2024, 06:26:12 pm »
Shut down the PGMOL.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25314 on: April 21, 2024, 06:26:17 pm »
Just bin it off. It's crap.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #25315 on: April 21, 2024, 06:28:08 pm »
Get fucking rid. That's what it does to people.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25316 on: April 21, 2024, 06:29:28 pm »
Pathetic today, as always. But it got the FA/Tv companies their Manchester Derby final so absolutely nothing will be said/done.

United score that and VAR "check complete" off-camera in seconds.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25317 on: April 21, 2024, 06:29:45 pm »
Been watching us, was he offside ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #25318 on: April 21, 2024, 06:30:52 pm »
Lest we forget that VAR isn't even used for every FA Cup match.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #25319 on: April 21, 2024, 06:31:21 pm »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now